As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Nyht wrote: »
    of the horde races, I think the undead, orcs and tauren could all have potentially interesting story arcs (maybe goblins too, if everyone's suspicion of a south sea/kul tiras/pirates expansion turn out to be true)

but I mean, we still need some lead characters for players to actually care about. Turning anduin into someone we actually 'know' has taken quite a while for example

Listen, I get that blood elves are popular for horde to dislike (which I get, to an extent as they end up feeling very un-horde) but they also have a lot of potential interesting stories to tell. Hell, the expansion to Wacraft 3 was a great arc with Illidan with Kael'thas and his crew. The story of this race that is somehow an outsider amidst this group of outsiders is interesting. They KNOW they don't fit. They know they've had to abandon and change their old ways of life to fit into this Horde. How do they feel? Is survival enough? Do they even remember what it's like to be true to their people? Will they ever rebuild? What does their life look like going forward? It's a lot less combaty and more emotional of a story but I think it's one that could be told, especially with Lor'themar at the head of it.

I think that Alleria's return is a vehicle for exploring that (and is one of my most expected plotlines). How does she deal with what Sylvannas has become is coming first of course, but after that, how does she deal with what Lorthemar and the rest had to do to keep Quel'thalas on the map?

There is some interesting dialogue between one of the guys from suramar and one of the lead blood elves in the vindicar. The suramar elves see a lot of similarities between what they went through and the blood elves and talking to the blood elves of how they have found their path forward.

• MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Given Turalyon is Paladin and Alleria is whatever she is now, I feel like this whole "child of light and shadow" bullshit would have made more sense if it was referencing their kid rather than Illidan.

I'm half convinced that that is exactly what happened. My pet theory is that Xe'ra's judgment was flawed due to damage taken while transporting (anyone else notice that big crack in Light's Heart?), Desperation over the Army of the Light's recent losses, and knowing that Sargeras had SOME kind of plan for Illidan, but not knowing any real details. This lead to her coming to the wrong conclusion.

Matthew on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    I loved the fact that alleria started lecuring my character, a shadow priest on the uses of the void in combat.

Yes alleria, both the light and the void can be used against the legion. I've been doing it since vanilla.

Also the shadow priest artifact has a lot to say during the events in the new instance.

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that funny.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I loved the fact that alleria started lecuring my character, a shadow priest on the uses of the void in combat.

Yes alleria, both the light and the void can be used against the legion. I've been doing it since vanilla.

Also the shadow priest artifact has a lot to say during the events in the new instance.

During the first week, she told me, a Rogue, something like "I know you don't like sneaking around and taking out targets strategically.." I'm like, "Uhh... I'm literally all about doing that... That is my thing..."

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Yeah, like, the game tries to sell you Alleria's void transformation as this sort of forbidden, last resort thing, but....Shadow Priests have been doing it since forever (ok, with a little less purple these days). And nobody cares. Is like saying "To win against the Legion we must enslave the demons, it is the only way"....right next to the Warlock.

TryCatcher on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Yeah, like, the game tries to sell you Alleria's void transformation as this sort of forbidden, last resort thing, but....Shadow Priests have been doing it since forever (ok, with a little less purple these days). And nobody cares. Is like saying "To win against the Legion we must enslave the demons, it is the only way"....right next to the Warlock.

To be fair, it's not every day someone basically eats the power of a dark naaru.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean even as a warlock i'm standing there leaning on my enslaved voidwalker

liEt3nH.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I also have multiple pets that are literal gods, so.

WoW is a silly game.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    3clipse wrote: »
    Maybe they're nervous after the Med'an debacle.

Ah yes the paladin shaman rogue warrior mage. What could go wrong?

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2017
    Smrtnik wrote: »

This isn't a popular opinion, but I always felt that Med'an got a bad rap. I really think there was potential there for some good stories down the line. I could imagine us facing Med'an at some later point and he talks about how frustrated he's been since the battle with Cho'gal, as he can't seem to tap into that same power again. We later find out that Ahn'qiraj's odd nature allowed him to temporarily tap into his full potential, but now he's back to square one.

Matthew on
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    It's weird that I feel like I'm finally getting closure on like some warcraft 2: the Dark Portal storylines...

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Matthew wrote: »

This isn't a popular opinion, but I always felt that Med'an got a bad rap. I really think there was potential there for some good stories down the line. I could imagine us facing Med'an at some later point and he talks about how frustrated he's been since the battle with Cho'gal, as he can't seem to tap into that same power again. We later find out that Ahn'qiraj's odd nature allowed him to temporarily tap into his full potential, but now he's back to square one.
    zhfdcsdk25jo.png

1nyc0f2hg2uo.png

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Bought the Light-forged warframe.

Little salty that it's not scaled to my race as a male pandaren i'm clipping through the top of it and my feet are sticking out of the chest very slightly

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Zunde wrote: »
    Bought the Light-forged warframe.

Little salty that it's not scaled to my race as a male pandaren i'm clipping through the top of it and my feet are sticking out of the chest very slightly

I'd pay good money for an even tubbier version of this mount with my Pandaren! Voidbuster is go!

Straygatsby on
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    While Me'dan's powers irked me, what bothered me most was...
    Hey, Imthe son of a half orc assassin, one of the best, who managed to have a love affair with one of the most powerful mages ever, who was also the vessel for a Ancient Evil.

Sounds like one of my bad fanfics from high school

Originalcontentdonotsteal.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm 90% sure he's actually canon, he's just not the Guardian of Tirisfal (a lot of the stuff that appeared in his comics was used in-game). He just got put on a bus and the guy who wanted to try to make him awesome left the company.

Nobody on
    there's a lot of things in a franchise this big that'll be technically canon, but irrelevant

no real point in actively declaring things non-canon, it'll happen naturally just from writing new things

liEt3nH.png
    On a side note, I'm not feeling like there's that much to do in game right now. Hit my emissaries, hit whichever pet trainer is on the broken shore to level up a pet, see which mount rares are up on Argus, and do that all while queued up in an LFR or 5 man. When that's done I just stare at my screen, shrug, then log off to do something else.

Nobody wrote: »
    On a side note, I'm not feeling like there's that much to do in game right now. Hit my emissaries, hit whichever pet trainer is on the broken shore to level up a pet, see which mount rares are up on Argus, and do that all while queued up in an LFR or 5 man. When that's done I just stare at my screen, shrug, then log off to do something else.

Do you pvp?
    Do you have the fishing artefact?
    Have you tried pugging a non-LFR raid?
    Do you have all the mounts you want? All the xmog you want? All the pets you want?
    How many achievement points do you have?

steam_sig.png

Do you pvp?
    Do you have all the mounts you want? All the xmog you want? All the pets you want?

PVP was ruined for me back in Cata.
    I do some fishing on the side, but I do it in short bursts. Long term fishing is one of those things that gets me to log off.
    Not really, but most pug raids I see these days are looking for ATC achievements and high ilvls.
    Most of the mounts I'm missing at this point are the new ones from Argus, and the rare spawn (as in, once a week, sit at the spawn and pray) types.
    Currently sitting at around 22k. Most of what I'm missing are professions (mostly due to the Mists Archaeology ones), PVP ones, and ones related to current content raiding.

whenever a draenei or orc fights one of the demons that goes "i am the fury of a thousand conquered worlds!" i bet they have the action movie moment where after they kill them, they go "i'm the fury of just one"

liEt3nH.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    whenever a draenei or orc fights one of the demons that goes "i am the fury of a thousand conquered worlds!" i bet they have the action movie moment where after they kill them, they go "i'm the fury of just one"

My favorite moment is blowing them away before they can finish their sentence, but the audio still plays out.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I know I am super late to the party, but I can now finally fucking fly.

I don't care if it doesn't work on Argus, its a big deal for me. I haven't flown on a max level character since the beginning of Cata.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I had to leave a mythic +11 lower kara with literally only Attumen left to do because the healer physically could not dispel the right person and avoid spectral charge.

That was frustrating.

Okay, it turns out Squirt was up in the Garrison, 10 more pets up to level 25, 9 now at level 24

So, baby Shaman got to 110! Kinda doing Argus and....is kinda longer and not as fun the second time.

Did a bit of the eye farm tonight, 1600 to go for toy and pet (picked up one teleport to the rare, so here is hoping, and potion to let me farm easy). Seems faster than the equivalent back in Tanaan, but maybe that's because that was finite while the toy from rare can keep screwing you.

steam_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    The Horde just doesn't have the same meat on their bones, story and appearance wise, as the Alliance does.
    I'm curious: what is this story potential that the Alliance has and the Horde is missing?

On the subject of backstories, I feel like pretty much all the back-story and characterization for both factions that currently exists was retroactively created or retroactively changed over the course of WoW. Going into WoW, I don't think either faction was particularly fleshed-out (or, to be honest, particularly interesting).

The Draenei, one of the most original concepts on Warcraft, are an entirely WoW creation.

the draenai kind of suck though
    I liked them better when they were just the broken-looking guys, just some other race native to draenor along with the orcs and ogres, and not not-evil eredar

BahamutZERO.gif
    Delduwath wrote: »
    The Horde just doesn't have the same meat on their bones, story and appearance wise, as the Alliance does.
    I'm curious: what is this story potential that the Alliance has and the Horde is missing?

On the subject of backstories, I feel like pretty much all the back-story and characterization for both factions that currently exists was retroactively created or retroactively changed over the course of WoW. Going into WoW, I don't think either faction was particularly fleshed-out (or, to be honest, particularly interesting).

The Draenei, one of the most original concepts on Warcraft, are an entirely WoW creation.

the draenai kind of suck though
    I liked them better when they were just the broken-looking guys, just some other race native to draenor along with the orcs and ogres, and not not-evil eredar

The Draenei suck, right, that's why there's 3 expansions with heavy Draenei content. Look man, Warcraft changed since WC 3, get over it.

To be fair, the "Broken are Draenei" thing lasted into Vanilla and more than a few people were unhappy with the retcons that were involved with them.

That being said, I rather like them and I'm happy with the focus they're getting this expac, even as a Hordie.

edited September 2017

Do you pvp?

PVP was ruined for me back in Cata.
    I do some fishing on the side, but I do it in short bursts. Long term fishing is one of those things that gets me to log off.
    Not really, but most pug raids I see these days are looking for ATC achievements and high ilvls.
    Most of the mounts I'm missing at this point are the new ones from Argus, and the rare spawn (as in, once a week, sit at the spawn and pray) types.
    Currently sitting at around 22k. Most of what I'm missing are professions (mostly due to the Mists Archaeology ones), PVP ones, and ones related to current content raiding.

I'm still working towards the big cheives for this patch. I got the "Commander of Argus" one (I really love that greatsword), and now I need to get the one that requires killing 2000 non-trivial demons, an the Paragon of Argus one (as a paladin, i'm legally required to get the title from that).

Matthew on
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Working on the "Complete all the Argus pet battle fights with a Team of each pet type" and i find these fights to be heavily hit or miss.

Like on the one hand starting a fight over because the only way to win is to hope you only get hit 1-2 time's out of a 1-3 attack move over and over combined with a random Crit completely ending your fight is really bloody annoying

But the other hand is i'm using pets that i have never used outside of just leveling them which is a good thing.

edited September 2017
    There, I finally finished the Priest Order Hall Campaign (well, pre-Broken Shore part anyways... I have no damn clue why Broken Shore crap still doesn't seem active...). Of course, during the final scenario, I somehow managed to die during a cutscene, because it's always nice to be killed when you have no control over your character -_- I respawned and the cutscene re-triggered, even though crazy light Dread Lord guy was already there. It was really goofy.

Edit: Ah, for some reason Champions of Legionfall doesn't appear on the world map like literally every other damn quest on Broken Shore... k... In any case, there, I can *finally* research the stupid extra champion slot.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Ye gods. Finished the Argus campaign. AGAIN. And got up to 891 on baby Shaman on Augunite and some BoA mail items. Pretty much farming the rest and then buying the 935 crafted slots (head and shoulders). Though would be nice if the WB dropped something. And if I got my leggos, at this point, just want the slots to get that out of the way.

Also finished the class campaign since it wasn't that much out of the way. When I'm done busting my ass farming Augunite I'll be able to check the Legionfall follower and the mount and stuff.

edited September 2017
    My priest FINALLY got her first legendary off the world boss. It's a kind of crappy ring, but hey, it's a legendary.

Edit: Dang, Argus is REALLY f'in laggy tonight. Wonder what's up with that...

Warlock82 on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I still wish I had a vague indication to whether a legendary would drop soon. Would help out a bunch with off-specs since I'm always wondering if I'm getting close to actually getting one, but I don't know what the system thinks.

Hell, make the fortune teller out on at the Darkmoon Faire do it for like 1k gold.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I still wish I had a vague indication to whether a legendary would drop soon. Would help out a bunch with off-specs since I'm always wondering if I'm getting close to actually getting one, but I don't know what the system thinks.

Hell, make the fortune teller out on at the Darkmoon Faire do it for like 1k gold.

That's actually a pretty clever idea for a thematically appropriate goldsink and player quality-of-life feature.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I'm curious: how would this impact the way you play the game? The only thing I can think of is one might play for an extra hour until the drop happens instead of logging off for the night.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    For someone who plays multiple characters it'd help them pick who they want to concentrate on?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    It would also make people feel like they are making progress and that goes a long way toward making it tolerable.

Indirectly though, it might be enough information for people to come up with solid proven rankings for what has the most impact on your blp.

This discussion has been closed.