As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android Games!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I played through the first two Shadowrun games on my phone and I was happy with that for the reasons you said. I'm just hard pressed to recommend them because they definitely felt like they were meant for a bigger screen. The text was smaller than I would have liked and clicking on a spot right next to someone in a battle was a challenge. It just felt like it needed a zoom or a bigger screen.

I agree that the controls could have used a couple of tweaks, but I didn't feel like it was bad enough to not recommend a couple of amazing games.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Through the Ages is just incredible. If anyone wants to play, my name there is also Dracil.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Dracil wrote: »
    Through the Ages is just incredible. If anyone wants to play, my name there is also Dracil.

I need to run through the tutorial one more time. I'm not sure how to produce more workers and prevent disgruntled workers at the moment.

Does anyone know about what the DLC in Civ Rev 2 is? I found out my new GF found one kind of game she likes, and its 4X. But she loves China, so I'm not going to get it for her without it.

EDIT - And yes, I think Through the Ages is too abstract for her at this time.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What's hot right now? I'm still bouncing between Match Land, Toy Blast, and Paint It Black's random painting mode (cause I already beat it) but I generally don't stick with them for too long because I run out of daily energy or whatever very quickly.

I've been thinking of picking up the Android port of XCOM, but I don't know if my phone would run it well.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    What's hot right now? I'm still bouncing between Match Land, Toy Blast, and Paint It Black's random painting mode (cause I already beat it) but I generally don't stick with them for too long because I run out of daily energy or whatever very quickly.

I've been thinking of picking up the Android port of XCOM, but I don't know if my phone would run it well.

Which phone? I played it on, I think, an htc one m7 or m8. I think it was an m7. It definitely eats batteries, has long load times and makes that phone run hot so I wouldn't recommend playing it unless you can charge your phone shortly after.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

I need to run through the tutorial one more time. I'm not sure how to produce more workers and prevent disgruntled workers at the moment.

Does anyone know about what the DLC in Civ Rev 2 is? I found out my new GF found one kind of game she likes, and its 4X. But she loves China, so I'm not going to get it for her without it.

Spend food to produce more workers. Make smiley faces to make them happy. Or at least if they're not happy, don't make them work or they get pissed off and cause an uprising. You can just make more workers though and use the happy ones. Each box of yellow tokens removed increases the happiness requirement by one while also reducing food production by one.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    No DLC that I can see but it does have Mao and Taizong as leaders. It's an ok watered down version of Civ.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I have ten bucks in credit on the Play Store, I just beat Gurk so I'm thinking of picking up the sequel. Other than that I'm sorta drawing a blank.

Are any of the premium Need for Speeds any good? I'm thinking of getting Hot Pursuit, looks like it is one of the few games with no IAP.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    There's a Stranger Things game out now. It's free, not (apparently) F2P, and it's a pretty neat NES-looking Zelda style game? Pretty good so far.

• Options
    Aww yeah, Evolution Beta in two weeks!

After I graduate grad school I want to Twitch stream it!

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

Which app is this?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Seconding the Stranger Things game. It's cute, fills you in on the plot of Stranger Things if you don't really want to watch the show on Netflix, though the game does do things out of order...

It does have some missable stuff though. Like, I finished the second story dungeon and didn't complete a puzzle with the optimal route, so I'm out the VHS tape collectible* from the dungeon.

*Collecting all VHS Tapes unlocks a trailer for the second season of Stranger Things that plays in the game. Might also be tied to the only "hidden achievement" in the game.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options

Which app is this?

https://youtu.be/V4fkzvvvd50

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Hey folk, if you recommend a game, can you link to it? Having trouble finding this Stranger Things game.

Edit: Google worked, but not the Play store. Lame.

jdarksun on
  • Options

Spend food to produce more workers. Make smiley faces to make them happy. Or at least if they're not happy, don't make them work or they get pissed off and cause an uprising. You can just make more workers though and use the happy ones. Each box of yellow tokens removed increases the happiness requirement by one while also reducing food production by one.

It took me a while to process this but I finally understand the problem.

Food and Supply are collectively Blue Tokens, and Blue Tokens have a soft cap that leads to corruption when broken. Thats why I always felt broke but was experiencing corruption: I was sitting on food scared to spend it.

• Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    FFT on my Chromebook is pretty great.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I never thought about that, but now I'm even more upset that my Chromebook never got the promised update to run Android.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Digimon Links is a pretty fun gacha game. Looks really nice, with 3D graphics and all. If you wanna add me on there as a friend I'll happily provide my friend code.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Super Mario Run is $4.99 until the end of the day Oct 12th to celebrate a new feature they've added. $10 was a bit much for me, but $5 is the right price so I bought it.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Super Mario Run is $4.99 until the end of the day Oct 12th to celebrate a new feature they've added. $10 was a bit much for me, but $5 is the right price so I bought it.

I've gotten a ton of mileage of out SMR. Getting all the pink/purple/black coins took a long time and was really fun and challenging.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    The new remix thing is really fun

• Options
    Also they added Daisy, which is the best part.

• Options
    Sigh I got it because I figured it wouldn't require an Internet connection... But I was wrong. Are there any good time wasters that are offline friendly?

• Options
    Sigh I got it because I figured it wouldn't require an Internet connection... But I was wrong. Are there any good time wasters that are offline friendly?

@urahonky Don't Starve works well if that's your jam.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

Desert Golfing

• Options
    I've been thinking a lot about Swords & Poker lately. It looks like the IP was bought by (ugh) Konami, they made a f2p version that bombed, and the whole thing is just gone.

Is there anything like it? I used to love it on my iPhone, but it's 32-bit so I couldn't go back and play it if I wanted to.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Fyi: Monument Valley 2 is out now for your Androidians. Androidzors. Androidores.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Um, it's Androiderators.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Speaking of being out on Android, I noticed Death Road to Canada, Thimbleweed Park and OXENFREE all have android releases now. I don't know if they require tablets or not but I wishlisted them all

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Death Road to Canada is cute, but wholly unforgiving, especially early on. It's like Rogue Legacy, wherein you're expected to die bunches, but you keep specific stats rolling through every play, and unlock upgrades. Most of those are tied to zombie kills, but unlocking advanced skills usually requires you to do skill checks such as "You find a gym! It's got zombies in it, but this might be your only opportunity to catch up on leg day!", and so you decide whether to go in or move on. Doing it might give you +1 STR, and you'll need to do 15 of such checks to unlock a new perk.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    South Park card battle game is out, has usual cash shop/F2P mechanics but no stupid energy so you can play as much as you want.

https://southparkphonedestroyer.com/

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Hell yes, thank you! I thought it was tomorrow!!!!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The game may be out, but the servers appear to be down. So, getting the app is only useful in that when the servers go up tomorrow, you'll be immediately ready to go.

• Options
    I'm playing now, here's my code - 38423238044

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    I'm playing now, here's my code - 38423238044

"Sign in with your Nintendo ID!" "Use friend codes to add people in game!"

Why are you so bad at this, Nintendo?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Eh every mobile game uses friend codes, even ones that use Google Play and/or Facebook as their logins.

Probably trying to prevent people from creating a Nintendo ID.

urahonky on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So this Animal Crossing app is kinda cool. What does having friends do for this game?

• Options
    So this Animal Crossing app is kinda cool. What does having friends do for this game?

Let's you look at their cool stuff and is another option to get into the quarry, which contains bells and rotating crafting components.