As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Most of my planets - ex-Sakulag - should be exhausted at the moment.

Ed:
    Also, I should have Brody's Support for the Throne and he should have mine.

Ed2: Liking those dots.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    We Trade!

I gain 3 trade goods and replenish my commodities (4).

@Mojo_Jojo may refresh his commodities for free and I hand him 1 commodity if he hands me back my Cease Fire, as was agreed in ancient times.
    @Brody may trade freely, and I hand him two commodities if he hands me two of his.
    @MrBlarney may trade freely, and as a reminder he owes me four commodities or trade goods.

@Hedgethorn may not trade freely, unless he wishes to pay me two commodities to do so.
    @Preda may not trade freely, unless he wishes to pay me two commodities to do so.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    We're not neighbors, Elvenshae, so I can't pay you any commodities now, if I understand the rules correctly. I could promise to give you my Trade Agreement card at the earliest opportunity in exchange for allowing me to freely trade now, but that's the best I could do.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Experimenting with colored dots above planet name to denote ownership. Opinions if they should be on every owned planet, or just the ones without units?

All planets seems nice and clear to me

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    @Hedgethorn

That's correct; you could promise that; and if you did, I'd accept it!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Honour the deal with Creuss and hand back the cease fire for a free refresh and one of his commodities

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    MrBlarney may trade freely, and as a reminder he owes me four commodities or trade goods.

Indeed. I'll transfer two commodities and my Trade Agreement promissory note once we are neighbors, which might be as soon as the end of my next turn. Before I take that turn, I'm curious if you would allow me to receive one of your commodities or trade goods in return. I would be happy to return the favor later, perhaps by lending you some of my votes in the upcoming Agenda phase?

Also, I think the map shows two of my fighters still in my home system where they should have been moved with my carrier to the Dal Bootha-Xxehan system?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @Hedgethorn

That's correct; you could promise that; and if you did, I'd accept it!

I'll take that deal. You get my trade agreement note whenever we become neighbors, in exchange for commodities now.

• Options
    @MrBlarney Accepted; one commodity promised in exchange for Agenda votes on a vote to-be-determined.

@Hedgethorn Accepted.

Just waiting for @Brody to honor or repudiate our deal. :)

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Okay this is getting messy.

Only put immediate, finalized transaction in your race color. Future promises are not binding. Colorized text is only for orders to be carried out by the host. I was halfway through making the updates when I realized half of them were just future promises.

Also no proposals in color, only final acceptances.

Can we redo these orders only with final, immediate deals?

MrBody on
  • Options
    About to take nap with baby; will update I a couple hours.

• Options
    Activate the Saudor system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 carrier, 2 fighters, and 1 infantry from Bereg.
    Land 1 infantry on Saudor.

@Elvenshae: Put forward transaction with the Creuss, giving 2 Commodities and my "Trade Agreement" Promissory Note in exchange for 1 of your Commodities.
    In regards to our deal, I may reserve some of my own votes if you need my votes for the first agenda in the Agenda Phase. And, of course, I won't vote against myself in a negative Elect Player / Elect Planet kind of vote. Eh, it'll be clear how the deal will work out.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I refresh my commodities, which should leave me with two, which I trade with @Elvenshae

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Shouldn't I also have an extra strategy token? I started the turn with 2, used one and got one with Leadership.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, a cool looking 4X OMG 4 TO 8 HOURS :bigfrown:

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    What 4X isn't?
    Pretty sure Civ: the boardgame runs similarly.

discrider on
  • Options
    Okay - I'm updating my earlier turn to indicate which items were binding and which were not, using the responses received since then. Hope this helps!

I accept @MrBlarney 's offer.
    We Trade!

@Mojo_Jojo may refresh his commodities for free; I hand him 1 commodity and he hands me back my Cease Fire, as was agreed in ancient times.
    @Brody may trade freely, and I hand him two commodities and he hands me two of his.
    @MrBlarney may trade freely. He hands me two commodities and his Trade Agreement promissory note; I hand him one commodity.
    @Hedgethorn may trade freely.

@Preda may not trade freely.

Nonbinding notes:

Hedgethorn owes me a Trade Agreement promissory note.
    MrBlarney owes me some votes.

• Options
    Pass on trade secondary.

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    Shouldn't I also have an extra strategy token? I started the turn with 2, used one and got one with Leadership.

You should.

• Options
    Okay - I'm updating my earlier turn to indicate which items were binding and which were not, using the responses received since then. Hope this helps!

I accept @MrBlarney 's offer.
    We Trade!

@Mojo_Jojo may refresh his commodities for free; I hand him 1 commodity and he hands me back my Cease Fire, as was agreed in ancient times.
    @Brody may trade freely, and I hand him two commodities and he hands me two of his.
    @MrBlarney may trade freely. He hands me two commodities and his Trade Agreement promissory note; I hand him one commodity.
    @Hedgethorn may trade freely.

@Preda may not trade freely.

Nonbinding notes:

Hedgethorn owes me a Trade Agreement promissory note.
    MrBlarney owes me some votes.

Alright, so this is the final list of all agreements?

• Options
    As far as I can tell, yes

• Options
    That is correct on my end.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Round 2 - Action Phase

Map
    (Arnor, Lor, and Cruess should be exhausted
    2 L1z1x fighters to dal bootha)
    B6cxY4Xm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP
    I- ???
    I- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 0
    Elvenshae - 2
    Mojo - 0
    Hedgethorn - 0
    Brody - 1
    Preda - 0

Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    3 action cards
    38H3cPJ.png

Elvenshae
    3 action card
    Jol-nar promissory note: Research Agreement- When Jol-nar researches a non-faction technology, gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-nar player.
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the L1z1x player replenishes commodities: the L1z1x player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    lYYGzL2.png

Mojo
    4 action cards
    lqHTPQ3.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    XbdGhia.png

Brody **Speaker**
    5 action cards
    Cruess promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Cruess' units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Cruess player.
    Zn6MfQR.png

Preda
    4 action cards
    COYBE5N.png

Mojo - Leadership 1
    Brody - Politics 3
    Hedgethorn - Construction 4
    Elvenshae - Trade 5
    MrBlarney - Technology 7
    Preda - Imperial 8

@MrBlarney

MrBody on
  • Options
    Okay I think I got all that. Let me know if any of those trade transactions didn't go through right.

• Options
    Oh, I guess I jumped the gun on my action? That map looks like some kind of mix between before I took my action and after I took my stated action (I can't trade with Creuss until after I move into Saudor):
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Activate the Saudor system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 carrier, 2 fighters, and 1 infantry from Bereg.
    Land 1 infantry on Saudor.

Elvenshae: Put forward transaction with the Creuss, giving 2 Commodities and my "Trade Agreement" Promissory Note in exchange for 1 of your Commodities.
    In regards to our deal, I may reserve some of my own votes if you need my votes for the first agenda in the Agenda Phase. And, of course, I won't vote against myself in a negative Elect Player / Elect Planet kind of vote. Eh, it'll be clear how the deal will work out.

In any case, I think action should now be on @Preda.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Let's spy on our Creuss friends...
    Spy- Action: Choose 1 player. They give you 1 random action card from their hand.

@Elvenshae for sabotage
    Also @MrBlarney , @Mojo_Jojo @Hedgethorn @Brody for sabotages, even if I don't think they will interfere on that...

• Options
    edited September 2017
    No sabotage

(Also you seem to have drawn a much better set of action cards than I have. All these extra ships and card stealing. I'm deeply jealous)

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    I don't interfere.

• Options
    No sab

• Options
    No sabotage play.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    None from me, either.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Also, I randomly choose to give you my worst card.

:D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    geth roll 1d3 for stolen card

stolen card:
    1d3 1 [1d3=1]

• Options
    Whew! So glad you took that one.

• Options
    I wouldn't be so happy to lose that. You might have needed it shortly. But maybe the others were better...

• Options
    Right, I make that my turn then

Activate Abyz/Fria
    Move in the dreadnaught and the carrier from my homeworld along with the GF and 2 Fighters

@Hedgethorn we were talking about trading last turn, you still down with that?
    I present two options
    Option A: We both swap 3 commodities and our cease fire cards
    Option B: You give me 1 commodity, I give you 3, you give me your cease fire
    I'm a little concerned about your massing forces and would really prefer to direct my attention elsewhere

• Options
    I'll take Option B, @Mojo_Jojo. I have no intention of moving into your territory now.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Transaction agreed with the Hedgethorn's Aborec
    He gives me one commodity and his cease fire
    I give him three commodities

Galatic peace continues to reign in this crowded corner

@Brody you're up

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Activate Vefut II (I think I spelled that right)
    Move one carrier and two ground forces to land on the planet from Arc Prime

@Hedgethorn your turn

Edit: Forgot to mention where I was pulling ships from.

Brody on

• Options
    Activate Centauri-Gral.
    Move Carrier, 2 fighters, one ground force from Corneeo and one ground force from Resculon to Centauri-Gral.
    Land one ground force on each planet.
    Use infantry's special power of production.
    Spend three trade goods to build a Cruiser and a Destroyer.

@Elvenshae up next.