As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] A Veritable Menagerie of Unhappy and/or Majestic Space Animals.

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited September 2017 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (Sept. 9, 2017): Bungie's new clan portals have rolled out, and we have three separate clan pages (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @SniperGuy (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice (on PS4, add yourself to the bottom of the blue-labeled Waitlist section). Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. Note that clans will be a bit more of a walled garden in D2 - because the 100-member cap will remain, we're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread. General policy is to boot for inactivity after a few months, and our plan is to enter D2 with a group of active Arcadians on each platform. (Note that the PS4 clan is full-up at 100 as of this writing. Because some members have carried over from D1 but may not plan to be active for D2, we will perform an inactivity check after a couple of weeks to make room for new members if possible.)
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

PS4 Overflow Clans
On PS4, Pax Arcadia's waitlist has been growing pretty steadily since launch. If you're on that list and are looking to escape from no-clan purgatory and reap some weekly clan rewards, might I suggest joining either our overflow clan or the SE++ subforum's clan? There's a lot of overlap between PA and these other clans, and if you're on the waitlist, I'll still let you know if your spot comes up.
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
DestinyDB: Item lists and tons of info.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    new week, new thread!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So much posting, the Cabal don't stand a chance.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Interesting that some of the clan rewards aren't supposed to be dropping at 10 Power. I, too, assumed that they were designed to be infused up. If that's not the case, and they're actually supposed to help you level up a bit more, that's fantastic.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    That fresh thread smell

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Now I just wonder if they'll give us a boost for the lost items last we.... hahhaha nope.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Can I just say that I only just noticed Shaxx's pile of Cabal "trophies" in the tower.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    So much posting, the Cabal don't stand a chance.

This thing has been flying. And the clan chat is active, too! Glad to see it.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Thread resurrected. Thanks Ghost!

giphy.gif

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Last night I burned all my glimmer on mods to try and get a Kinetic. Nope. This morning I went to buy Cayde's maps. Then I remembered last night. OOPS. I think this time (once I get the glimmer to buy them) I'm going to do one chest, go to orbit, go back, get another, repeat. Or maybe I just won't open a damn thing EXCEPT for his chests. I know I've had instances of nothing at all coming out of them, and it's because (I assume) I was opening nodes and chests along the way.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I dont really understand why we have Ghosts that can detect chests and ressources, also scout reports that do the same, if they dont drop any loot if you pick up stuff too quickly.

• Options
    Also, I'm wondering if maaaaaaybe I shouldn't have turned in the white consumables from his chests? I have kept the Ascendant Artichoke because it's just too amusing, but the others were turned in for 100 glimmer each. That ... doesn't seem right. I'm sure one day I'll be like "oh cool, someone figured out there's a crazy exotic quest line with Cayde!" and I'll be like "Let me do that!" and then find out I needed to keep the Lucky Rabbits Foot and be like "at least I got 100 glimmer!" :rotate:

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I've turned in all the odds and ends to Cayde, hoping that after I turn in enough it'll trigger a quest.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    Also, I'm wondering if maaaaaaybe I shouldn't have turned in the white consumables from his chests? I have kept the Ascendant Artichoke because it's just too amusing, but the others were turned in for 100 glimmer each. That ... doesn't seem right. I'm sure one day I'll be like "oh cool, someone figured out there's a crazy exotic quest line with Cayde!" and I'll be like "Let me do that!" and then find out I needed to keep the Lucky Rabbits Foot and be like "at least I got 100 glimmer!" :rotate:

I believe there is an exotic quest from him, but its the letters you get each week. I figure you get all 4 from the planets and then you'll get a quest for ace of spades, since we know its modeled and in game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

They're not going to lock people out of a quest or exotic because they turned in an item they were prompted to turn in, that'd be awful

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    the Cayde staches will continue, so if you lost anything or didn't get anything or missed a week, you'll be able to get what you need down the line. i wouldn't worry about turning stuff in or any other 'what if'.

• Options
    Hermano wrote: »

They're not going to lock people out of a quest or exotic because they turned in an item they were prompted to turn in, that'd be awful

Yeah the extra items don't make sense to keep in your inventory, and they are random drops. If they required them for the exotic that would be jerk. Especially since like I assume the actual exotic quest would require at least 4 weeks of cayde chests to get.

Also got another bad ass scout rifle from the cayde stash, sentencer you want me to use you, don't you girl?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Uriel's Gift Supremacy Thread

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    the Cayde staches will continue, so if you lost anything or didn't get anything or missed a week, you'll be able to get what you need down the line. i wouldn't worry about turning stuff in or any other 'what if'.

Unless the exotic reward is a gjally and that particular doesn't rotate again for like 2 months. The whole time your friends in the raid are like, "naw, man, it's cool, it's cool you do half the damage in the raid that we do. We get it." And then one day they're like, "Oh, were you going to raid Atheon this week? Oh man, we must've forgotten to mention we were starting two hours early. Yeah, we already did it. You see, Jimmy has the Ace of Spades so..."

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Just watched some raid strats on YouTube.

Is it 10:00pm yet so I can hop on and not find a raid? :P

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I've already seen a few "Must be 290+, have raid emblem and have Coldheart" LFG posts...

• Options
    What time zone @Fawst

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I've already seen a few "Must be 290+, have raid emblem and have Coldheart" LFG posts...

to be fair I saw those like on wednesday of last week...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Holy crap, I went to one meeting and there's a fresh new thread. :rotate:

awsimo on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    What time zone Fawst

I'm EST. So I get to play with people from the west coast til like 12-1am, wake up around 7, hop on and see them online still and be like "...did you even sleep?" :)

Edit: Magnus, wtf are you doing actually posting in here? lol

Fawst on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »

to be fair I saw those like on wednesday of last week...

To also be fair, if I'm PUGing the raid rather than playing it with, like, at least PA folks I've never met, I want to apply any kind of stupid filter I can.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

Hey, I still have my Piece of Celery from Festival of the Lost.

you never know

• Options
    edited September 2017
    What time zone Fawst

I'm EST. So I get to play with people from the west coast til like 12-1am, wake up around 7, hop on and see them online still and be like "...did you even sleep?" :)

Edit: Magnus, wtf are you doing actually posting in here? lol

Who is this Magnus you speak of 8-)

juicebox989 on
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »

Hey, I still have my Piece of Celery from Festival of the Lost.

you never know

Apparently so did cayde...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Reposting so it doesn't get lost at the end of the previous thread:

w4mw9xm1m91r.png
    PAX Arcadia Prime (XBOX) Clan Business

- I will be removing all guardians from the clan that have not played Destiny 2 as of today.
    - We easily have more active guardians now than we ever had in Destiny 1. Many of which are friends/family of Penny Arcadians. If there is any toxicity or behavior not conducive to our community, please notify me or any of the admins (currently just Erevar) and reasonable action will be taken.
    - Speaking of Admins, I am looking to move some people to the Admin position to further spread out responsibilities within the clan. Potentially one more person to work along Erevar to represent the PvE side and two guardians to represent the PvP side. Duties will include managing clan membership approval, running clan activities, and working together with other admins to handle any membership action needed within the clan. PM me if you are interested.

I don't really have a textbook style definition of what is considered out of bounds for PAX Arcadians. I mean just follow the guidelines for the forum: "Don't be a dick". Does that mean if someone is a dick one time we will kick them out? Of course not, high stress encounters and PvP can bring the worst out of people and we all understand that. I became the literal devil when doing the Chaperone quest. I get it. If someone is being a dick consistently and constantly in many situations, though, then we will need to discuss solutions with them.
    it may also be helpful to give an idea of what you are looking for in new Admins; do you want people in specific timezones (to increase the likelihood of someone being on at any given time); should they be part of a regular raiding/crucible team, etc.
    As far as Admins go, I think our community would benefit most from players who have been around for a while and shown they are good a leader/mentor/example/teammate on the Xbox side. But a new player who has shown they are solid and reasonable and mature would be a fine Admin as well. Timezones don't matter, imo. Being a part of a regular raiding/crucible team is likely an example of being a good leader/mentor/example/teammate. The main thing we need in Admin positions are people who care about our community and our members since their responsibilities will be to handle all things regarding membership and give us more than just me to make decisions about membership. I need to have a council of sorts so that any decisions or events or anything else regarding the clan are coming from more heads than just mine.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    mikeatsumikeatsu Snarf Registered User regular
    Any Diablo fans here? Destiny is feeling more and more like a Diablo 3 FPS? Large maps with random yellow bars, loot, special sets and combos even the hidden sectors feel like the random dungeons you find in Diablo. Seems more so in Destiny 2, could this be an blizzard-activision influence? Just needs a treasure goblin.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    The nightfall no longer features prism.

This nightfall is butts: confirmed

The raid completion powerful engram also had disappeared. I guess that was only week one of the raid??

• Options

The raid completion powerful engram also had disappeared. I guess that was only week one of the raid??

I mean someone needs to complete the Raid for it to be rewarded this week.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Are you saying you never picked up your engram during Week One? Because, yeah, no one has beaten the raid this week, so no raid engram is available.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    No, not the clan engram

There was a raid completion milestone last week that is no longer there

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I think they may mean the personal milestone.

Edit: Yeah.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    mikeatsu wrote: »
    Any Diablo fans here? Destiny is feeling more and more like a Diablo 3 FPS? Large maps with random yellow bars, loot, special sets and combos even the hidden sectors feel like the random dungeons you find in Diablo. Seems more so in Destiny 2, could this be an blizzard-activision influence? Just needs a treasure goblin.

I thought for sure I saw Treasure Goblin type enemies that first week. Radiant Dreg to be specific that when killed dropped multiple engrams and a ton of glimmer. But I haven't seen one since so I think that might have just been due to lack of sleep?

If Destiny ever added something similar to Diablo Rifts, then I'd agree they have been heavily influenced. As it is, I feel like they didn't incorporate as much of Diablo 3 as they could have. I mean yellow bars, loot, and combos are all found in Destiny 1. The only thing remotely similar to Diablo would be the Mida and Mida-Mini set, which honestly is just a natural progression of any loot based game.

• Options
    No, not the clan engram

There was a raid completion milestone last week that is no longer there

Oh, thats a bummer...

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

I thought for sure I saw Treasure Goblin type enemies that first week. Radiant Dreg to be specific that when killed dropped multiple engrams and a ton of glimmer. But I haven't seen one since so I think that might have just been due to lack of sleep?

If Destiny ever added something similar to Diablo Rifts, then I'd agree they have been heavily influenced. As it is, I feel like they didn't incorporate as much of Diablo 3 as they could have. I mean yellow bars, loot, and combos are all found in Destiny 1. The only thing remotely similar to Diablo would be the Mida and Mida-Mini set, which honestly is just a natural progression of any loot based game.

Yeah, I'd actually like to see set bonuses. It would make collecting certain armor sets in Destiny a little more fun and interesting I think all while adding a new element of customization.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Yeah, I'd actually like to see set bonuses. It would make collecting certain armor sets in Destiny a little more fun and interesting I think all while adding a new element of customization.

The only bad thing about set bonuses would be that it kind limits your ability to fashion destiny

If the set bonuses were slotted in with mods, though, that would be the way to go.

• Options
    But they'd have to increase the vault for sure or come up with something like armor closets similar to Diablo 3

This discussion has been closed.