As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Bismarck down in 29.63 seconds! Spamming the OSB is a remarkably fast way to put him down. He does do an amazing amount of damage, and suicide running it for time makes that very dangerous. I dunno if I will try and farm him sub 30, but knowing I can pull it off is pretty nice.

I was lucky enough to have the tools to farm Bismark at 26-29s. Basically, OK and Ramza use shout and wrath/entrust the entire time. Relm is there for protectga, shellga and healing (USB and Magicite). Kain was there to RW wall, build up meter and use his BSB CMD 1 -> Lightning Dive combo since I always fell just a little short using just Lightning.

Essentially, Lightning uses lifesiphon 4 times, then should use USB once and from then on only use OSB until the fight ends. Kain usually gets to use BSB, CMD 1 and 1-2 lightning dives until fight ends. Relm uses protectga, then shellga, then usually attempts to build meter or use healing when necessary. I usually get 2 USB uses in the fight, using MM. Entrusting occurs when Lightning needs meter, OK -> Ramza -> OK -> Ramza.

I'm hoping that the next few LD and such might give me tools to beat another magicite sub 30, or at least sub 1 minute. I've been able to get Fenrir under 1 minute, but I still haven't mastered Golem or Hydra.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    I have a question about Squall's USB that maybe someone can answer before I start Legend Diving him. Does the chase proc off of double casts? It doesn't strike me as hugely important currently, although certainly strong and fun. Double cast triggering it would knock its value up quite a lot though.

This might have been answered, but when I was looking at Squall's USB around the time it was going to debut the consensus seemed to be that double casts did not count towards the ability uses to trigger the chase, making the USB solid but not spectacular. It's a shame, too, because it could have been great.

steam_sig.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I just caught myself thinking "if only I had a fifth copy of Wrath".

I have a problem.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I would appriciate when the 30th FF thing starts if someone would post a prioritized list of things that you should do with any mythril or limited gems we may have collected. so many banners...Sure the 'free' ones should be obvious, but i dont want to pull on the wrong banner. Like i got the itch so i spent some of my mythril doing a 10+1 pull at half price on the newcomer FF7 banner (since i had cloud and all)...ended up with barrets gun and some rod as my rainbows which i cant use atm.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    I would appriciate when the 30th FF thing starts if someone would post a prioritized list of things that you should do with any mythril or limited gems we may have collected. so many banners...Sure the 'free' ones should be obvious, but i dont want to pull on the wrong banner. Like i got the itch so i spent some of my mythril doing a 10+1 pull at half price on the newcomer FF7 banner (since i had cloud and all)...ended up with barrets gun and some rod as my rainbows which i cant use atm.

Fest stuff generally isn't known aside from broad generalities until a day or two before. There's maintenance on the 20th, so that's when it's expected they'll push all the fest images and banners and stuff and we'll have a better idea what we are and aren't getting.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

If you have 75 mythril right now, save it, pull on the 3 lucky banners, pull on the free 30th pull, and then we'll see what we get for the festival banners, but they're all going to range from good to absurd for a new account that doesn't have anything.

If you don't have 75 mythril right now, work as hard as you can to get 75 mythril so you can pull on the luckies. Festival Luckies are the most valuable banners in the game usually.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Save 25 Mythril for the lucky draw on Thursday night, that'll get you at least one Healing Burst Soul Break which you can build a team around.

Save 25 Mythril for the lucky draw on Friday night, which will get you at least one Burst or Chain or Ultra, which could be pretty much anything since there's Burst and Ultras for all types of characters (DPS, healers, support, etc.)

Save 25 Mythril for the lucky draw on Saturday night, which will get you at least one 6* item (again, this could be all sorts of things.)

Save 0 Mythril for the Free 30 Pull on Sunday which will get you all sorts of (hopefully) awesome shit. Gift Horses!

Then, starting Sunday night, you'll do the two Mythril Dungeons to get back 60 Mythril, and you'll do the 17 Anniversary Dungeons (which should all be dirt easy) to get an extra 17 Mythril, which will cumulatively repay you for doing those three lucky draws. On that day and for the ~ten days to follow, there'll be Anniversary Banners which will be 50 Mythril per pull and will have totally ridiculously good stuff on them. Like, 4 (or more) 6* items at the top and the rest of the banner will be filled with 5* Bursts.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Seconding "pull on each of the three half-price festival banners." (for new players, anyway. Vets can think about skipping the medica banner, the other two are still fantastic obv)

I'll post reviews of the full-price festival banners once they're known (which probably won't be for another week or so), but the expectation is that they're going to be very good banners, probably better than anything until the next festival around Christmastime. You won't likely won't go wrong pulling on whichever one(s) have the highest concentration of your favorite characters.

Fry on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Isn't the 6* Only banner pretty much just OSB's?

Madican wrote: »
    Isn't the 6* Only banner pretty much just OSB's?

No.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    This is the animation for Tyro's USB2, btw; we're all getting this for free by completing the 17 Anniversary Dungeons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa1TvH9k2JA

17 hits with a 6.something modifier, party Ultra buff (15% Atk/Mag/Def/Res/Mnd) and party Haste.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    This is the animation for Tyro's USB2, btw; we're all getting this for free by completing the 17 Anniversary Dungeons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa1TvH9k2JA

17 hits with a 6.something modifier, party Ultra buff (15% Atk/Mag/Def/Res/Mnd) and party Haste.

That's pretty great.

• mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    All the Bravest :x

every time I see Tyro's USB I think that's neat but then i remember my 2x tyro overstrike pull from the summoning banner last year. good value there.

when my friends and i made a groupme for ffrk they made the icon for it the arbiter's apocrypha so really i don't know what else i expected but sadness, heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I wish it was Thursday.

Eh I'd settle for it being Wednesday morning, assuming we get the banner information with the maintenance.

What sort of odds would people give on the FFVI bonus battles and second banner being pushed to Monday, so that the banner isn't released on the same day as the first festival banner?

steam_sig.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    My current plan is to pull on every banner that gives me a chance to get Rikku's USB

So I think that's at least Lucky Draw 2 & 3, and maybe one Fest banner.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited September 2017
    Can't help but look at that animation and think "nobody is ever going to actually make that attack land for 17x9999"

Enlong on
    Potency is like 0.35 per hit, heh. You're lucky if you could get that to 4 digits in any real content.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Can't help but look at that animation and think "nobody is ever going to actually make that attack land for 17x9999"

If someone ever makes it break the cap with Cloud USB they'll have won FFRK.

I can't help but look at the soul break, and think "hrm this could be useful for the Crystal Tower by allowing me to pair it with Celes BSB1 for a physical team." I really don't have enough good mages to fill out three Crystal Tower teams so having another haste option that I could use for a physical team would be quite nice.

steam_sig.png
    It's fine, I guess. Much like AA, you're really using it for the buff.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Got tired of failing on Liquid Flame, so I went around the wheel, and picked up a 4th Wendigo, a 3rd Enkidu, and a 2nd Enlil. I suppose after a haul that nice I feel reinvigorated enough to try Liquid Flame a bit more later. You can never have enough Mom Bombs, after all.

Also banged out the FF4 Torment Jump Start, when I remembered I still hadn't done it.

Edward BSB for Imperil Holy
    Cid (IV) for Pentabreak and Support stuffs
    Porom for healing and Hastega
    Basch BSB RWing Cloud USB for huge damage
    Tyro for Wall and a bit of supplemental Holy Knight damage
    RW: Cloud USB
    Magicite: Enkidu

Real question is the stats on the book. Do I have a new weapon for Alphinaud?

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

It's probably ATK focused, with MAG/MND secondary.

It's probably ATK focused, with MAG/MND secondary.

Slightly worse stats than Arbiter's Apocrypha, 155+augments ATK and 149 MAG (91 MND for the record). I have used Arbiter's Apocrypha as a weapon on Onion Knight and Alphinaud a few times when my other 6* mage weapons were on other people, but it's not all that great and as said it is ATK focused so you can't augment it for your mages.

steam_sig.png
    Hm.

Tyro OSB + Ramza USB + Mog BSB + Celes BSB + Memento Mori + Enholy + Holy boost glove.

...I think that might be overkill for using Raines's Metamorphose.

edited September 2017
    Hm.

Tyro OSB + Ramza USB + Mog BSB + Celes BSB + Memento Mori + Enholy + Holy boost glove.

Seeing as that suite of buffs (counting burst mode and Metamorphose entry, but not C2) totals out to something like 5.12x when the buff stacking soft cap (and it's a pretty harsh soft cap) is 2.5x, yeah most of those buffs would be doing approximately nothing for you.

-edit- Somebody on the FFRK subreddit found this image, which should be useful to people.

http://ffrk.denagames.com/dff/static/lang/ww/compile/en/image/notification/gw2017_nortification03.png

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    chrisnl wrote: »
    -edit- Somebody on the FFRK subreddit found this image, which should be useful to people.

http://ffrk.denagames.com/dff/static/lang/ww/compile/en/image/notification/gw2017_nortification03.png

Notably, the FFXV event seems to have moved up and displaced what was thought to be the II Event, which is still in limbo. That might land on 9/28 (which is still a ? as to what goes there, if anything) or might get shuffled down further and push III down as well.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    If something was scheduled to land on 9/28, I would have expected it to be on that graphic. I do wonder what is up with the FFII event, but they have shown a willingness to shuffle event order recently so it could well be after the FFXV event.

steam_sig.png
    Hm.

Seeing as that suite of buffs (counting burst mode and Metamorphose entry, but not C2) totals out to something like 5.12x when the buff stacking soft cap (and it's a pretty harsh soft cap) is 2.5x, yeah most of those buffs would be doing approximately nothing for you.

Hm. Methinks I need to appraise myself if the buff math and the cap values, so I can properly work out when to stop.

I was planning to pull on that FFXV banner too! Damn them for moving it up.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Hm.

Hm. Methinks I need to appraise myself if the buff math and the cap values, so I can properly work out when to stop.

Raw multiplier < 2.5 = no change
    2.5 < Raw multiplier < 6.79 = 2.5 + 0.3 ln(1 + raw - 2.5)
    Raw > 6.79 = 3.0

As can be surmised that 6.79 is hardcapped to 3.0 and your scaling above 2.5 is according to a natural log and at a sub 1.0 ratio at that, going above 2.5 has very poor returns.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Oh, right, lucky draws are midnight to midnight.

Spectrum wrote: »

Notably, the FFXV event seems to have moved up and displaced what was thought to be the II Event, which is still in limbo. That might land on 9/28 (which is still a ? as to what goes there, if anything) or might get shuffled down further and push III down as well.

They've been shuffling things around almost randomly for the last couple months. I guess maybe since it's the first Revenge format, maybe they want to associate it with Rebirth pt2, which is also being separated from the fest and I guess dumped into its own event.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Hmm. Finally killed Liquid Flame again.

I wish I could start the fight 4 moves in. The openings turns always go exactly the same. Well, pretty much all my turns are the exact same, from 1-12. It's just if that stupid Liquid Flame wants to pity me and cooperate.

OK, did some research and math, and now I understand vaguely how to calculate buff totals and where to stop.

And if I understand correctly, Raines can hit the MAG buff cap solo by calling a Maria's Song RW, using Memento Mori, and then using Command 2 from his BSB. And that's with nobody else using anything on him.

I had been thinking about the potential of a super-buffing Tyro (SG, AA, FF)/Ramza (Shout, History's Truth) team, but that seems like ludicrous overkill now that I'm looking at the math. Getting all that online would be 2.57x before anything like Burst Mode goes up, for ATK.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely not seeing the FFVI event listed anywhere on that schedule, which by all rights it should at least have been mentioned as starting on the same day as the lucky draws for the fest.

As far as DeNA and event re-arranging goes, lest we forget:

4643c25nmp2v.jpg

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    And the rearrangement hits me hard because I didn't care about Cloud USB but I really really wanted Lightning's USB/BSB2 combo.
    And if FFXV is pushed ahead, again I'm going to be annoyed because I want Aranea's stuff.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Takel wrote: »
    And the rearrangement hits me hard because I didn't care about Cloud USB but I really really wanted Lightning's USB/BSB2 combo.
    And if FFXV is pushed ahead, again I'm going to be annoyed because I want Aranea's stuff.

I was planning on one pull since it's a solid banner, and I prioritize CM stuff. Only one dupe after drawing on the previous FFXV banner too (Iris's BSB). Still think that one was stronger for CM stuff, and hey, I already have a hastega (with crit fix) and boostga, so I'm in great shape, even if the hastega ties up Iris's medica.

Which, remember, the CM for that FFXV event requires an FFXV party. So save up eggs if such things matter to you, as well as level Noct/Iris/Gladiolus. The FF Type-0 event in the far future requires just three characters despite also having only three available characters before it drops.

ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.