As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Should I go out with my crush if she got pregnant

unworthyemperorunworthyemperor Registered User new member
Ok, so here is my delima, i had (and still do have)a huge crush on a girl our freshman and sophomore year but near the end of sophomore year we just sorta stopped talking to each other for no reason.i never could ask her out because she had a boyfriend.and she moved schools her junior year. Now she has moved back to my school for our senior year. And we have started talking again.I want her as much as I ever have. She is single now but she got pregnant. She is 9 weeks along and is not with the father. I don't mind kids but I'm worried my parents would not like it if I went out with her. And I see where they are coming from, I'm worried that if we hooked up that it would screw with my college and navy plans. I've wanted this girl since I first saw her. And I feel like I have a chance with her now that she's pregnant. Should I try to hook up with her or just stay friends?

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    *scratches head a few times before posting a response*

The only person that can answer this one is yourself. Some people get weirded out dating a single Mom, especially one that got pregnant between 14-18 years of age. If you like this girl and want to go out with her and you're okay with her having someone else's kid inside of her, then go for it. Just keep in mind that her priorities will be radically different than your own as she is planning long term as she will soon be responsible for taking care of another human being. If you're looking to go out with her with the intent to "sleep with someone easy" you might want to reevaluate the situation. Nothing good can come from that drama fest.

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    You should date her if you want to date her.

Not because she's pregnant and easier to get, but that you enjoy her company as a person and would like to move it to the next level. Your plans can be adapted for children if that's something you both want. Your parents don't make your decisions for you as an adult, so their feelings are immaterial if they conflict with yours. Obviously listen to their advice and recommendations, but ultimately this is your life and your decision.

Get to know her and go out on a date with her.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    You think you have "a chance" now that she's pregnant?

My answer is no. You shouldn't try to hook up with her now that her standards have been lowered by pregnancy as a teenager. She's in for a very rough time and doesn't need you around.

That's not as nice as follow your heart or whatever, but your post reads of selfish teenage infatuation. I'm sorry.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2017
    No. She is about to have enough going on without someone who feels like they've got her at a low enough point that she might actually date you. Pregnancy is hard. Babies are hard. She is not going to be able to hang out with you. You are already talking about her like she could mess with your plans after high school.

No you should not date your crush. You should go where you're going and let her live her life and not destabilize things further for her like you know damn well you're going to.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.