As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    OK, did some research and math, and now I understand vaguely how to calculate buff totals and where to stop.

And if I understand correctly, Raines can hit the MAG buff cap solo by calling a Maria's Song RW, using Memento Mori, and then using Command 2 from his BSB. And that's with nobody else using anything on him.

I had been thinking about the potential of a super-buffing Tyro (SG, AA, FF)/Ramza (Shout, History's Truth) team, but that seems like ludicrous overkill now that I'm looking at the math. Getting all that online would be 2.57x before anything like Burst Mode goes up, for ATK.

You wouldn't need both Maria's Song and MM - his entry also includes a MAG buff.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Right. Scrap the command 2, then. Maria's Song + Memento Mori provides two hefty buffs to the damage of the burst entry (Enholy and the "is he Doomed?" check), independent of stat buffs.

Another math check, real quick.

Arbiter's Apocrypha (15%) + Hidden Record: Final Fantasy (15%) + History's Truth (30%) + Burst Mode (20%) + Dark Bargain or equivalent burst command (30%) = 2.6x ATK or MAG, right?

edit:

Or I could just do Onion BSB. welp.

There's got to be a way to make this work. I guess maybe I can just note that that described team is capable of nearly hitting the buff soft-cap for like 4 stats at once and call it a day.

Enlong on
    Jesus Christ, this is why I don't play MP with randos. You have the only Wall user in the fight and you spend your fucking meter on Tyro's USB?!

THREE TIMES IN A ROW?!

Oh dang, right. I need to do A+ Isuld before everyone falls into the birthday hole.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Darklyre wrote: Β»
    Jesus Christ, this is why I don't play MP with randos. You have the only Wall user in the fight and you spend your fucking meter on Tyro's USB?!

THREE TIMES IN A ROW?!

Look, he's just practicing for the fest.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    And now there's a Bartz who's using his USB with two Lifesiphons, only to follow up with unboosted OSBs...

Why would you use his USB with two Lifesiphons? That move is screaming for you to carry a Twinstrike.

Oh hey! I just got Tyro's OSB to land for 45K on an A+ boss.

and all it took was a synergy USB sword and exceeding the ATK buff softcap.

Finally got a team that wasn't completely pants on head, despite Bartz USB + two Lifesiphons guy. My Orlandeau finished Isilud off with a 61k OSB.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    And now there's a Bartz who's using his USB with two Lifesiphons, only to follow up with unboosted OSBs...

That person does not deserve Bartz USB

They should give it to me, the true Bartz lover

IKknkhU.gif
  • DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular

THREE TIMES IN A ROW?!

I can match that stupidity: beat Isilud with a team of Y'shtola using Asylum, Tyro Wall, Larsa BSB, Eiko BSB/USB, 2xFaris (mine was wrath x 2 with SB and USB2, the other just USB2), and my Penelo with dances and BSB.

And a Bartz with BSB1/USB and the Earth twinstrike and no legend dive who decided to kill the knight. And instead of saving up to cast BSB1->USB->wind command, he kept using one SB or the other, separately. And when our pitiful DPS finally got Isilud near death (good lord there were a lot of medica SBs used), Bartz decided to spend a USB cast to kill off the summoner. My Faris used up SIXTEEN (16) uses of Wrath, and all the SBs that (and incoming hits) gave her, before we finished.

Looked up the Lucky Draw 3 list (every 6* relic). Looks like I have 7/99 (97 if Ultrasetzer and Ultrashadow don't appear). Super-easy "yes", for me.

Help, I've waded into the waters of math, and I can't get out. I can't stop thinking of team compositions.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Help, I've waded into the waters of math, and I can't get out. I can't stop thinking of team compositions.

Welcome to my hell, except the answers keep coming up "nope, this still won't get sub30 without a Chain or party Instacast/EX Mode on the DPS".

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So for me, final tallies for the theoretical lucky draws.

1 - 2/18
    2 - 23/224
    3 - 7/99(97)

It's going to be super sad when all three draws are 1/11 dupes.

For my alt account.

1 - 3/18
    2 - 36/224
    3 - 9/99(97)

Which is all kinds of depressing. And yet my main account is absolutely the stronger account, because I have Cloud USB and Y'shtola BSB to carry me through content, while the alt account has Squall BSB2 (and OSB and BSB1) as my best DPS option and three healer USBs (Yuna, Eiko, Aerith) plus Relm BSB to carry the healing load. Also the main account has a significantly larger stockpile of orbs, and better synergy coverage overall, especially when it comes to armor.

Both accounts are going to draw on all three lucky banners unless DeNA pulls shenanigans and changes them up for the first time ever. I don't anticipate this happening, though.

steam_sig.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, monthly and weekly missions both taken care of, all current content mastered.

I'm getting antsy.

On 6* draw: 9/99.

Two of those are Tyro's. 7 of them are OSBs, 0 CSBs, 2 USBs.

I also have a dupe of Tyro's USB (which, hey, another awesome armor but come on). 0 of my USBs are weapons.

Basically, super hopeful for this one, but not super optimistic.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    FYVfrJQ.png

you're welcome

why the fuck is garnets bsb1 on banner 3 aaaaagh

banner 4 has TINY BEE NO WHY

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kicking the Holy CSB off banner 1 is pretty lame.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    For me, personally:
    B1: Firion and Onion stuff make it very likely that I'll roll. Just the two dupes, although one of them being Garland BSB kinda turns my stomach a bit.
    B2: RIP Rosa USB, I guess. Still a fair few things on this banner I want, but I've got four dupes on it... gonna have to think about it.
    B3: Still a stacked banner. I still have five dupes. Alas. Dagger of Resolve, really?
    B4: On one hand, Tiny Bee is an absolute joke. On the other hand, Yuna BSB2 would have been a dupe for me, so I guess that's a plus...? Only two dupes, and it's hard to resist taking a shot at Ayame BSB and Rikku USB.
    B5: Raines relics unfortunately dupes for me. Three dupes total. Really want Alphinaud USB, so I'm definitely going to do some rolling here.

No real "holy shit" banners for me this time, but definitely still stuff I want to roll on.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Wow.... these are pretty bad. Tiny bee? Garner BSB 1? Is that really necessary? To say nothing of removing chains. Also strago BSB :(

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

edited September 2017
    i'm 4/14 on the two banners i plan on pulling 2-3 times on, 2 and 4

big wants from 2: terra, bartz, faris, celes

big wants from 4: tidus, shantotto, vaan, rikku, ayame, reks

Beasteh on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to skip fest and hope that they pulled the chains to give us super fest.

38thDoE on steam

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'll prolly pull once on B1. My I, II, and III synergy are all super low. Otherwise, since they stripped out most of the elemental relics I would have wanted, particularly the chain- relics, none of these are really worth it.

Tiny Bee. Jesus.

Narbus on
    they STILL use the 'a special place' format for the fest schedule

how can they be this lazy oh my god

8hivYnG.png

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Banner 4 adds Rikku's USB, which makes me want it. However, it also added Yuna's trap BSB, whiiiiich, I don't want none of that, besides it being a dupe.

The ONLY thing banner 4 has going for it is the opportunity for FFXI relics, and since the next XI event is unknown, it has value to pull for. But the next X event has two ridiculously good banners, with banner 1 being 150% Tidus with his USB, LCSB, BSB2 and LMR all on the same banner, and Banner 2 is no slouch either. I only wish Rikku's USB was on that event, too.

The next FFXII banner is also an Ashe-waifu's dream, and just about all of the XII relics in Banner 4 come back in that event.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

edited September 2017
    Banner 2 has Terra USN, Bartz USB, BSB2, Pecil USB, Relm BSB, Celes BSB2, Ceodore BSB, and Faris USB1. That's all great. It has Golbez Mage tank BSB. That's good.

But it also has dupe Mog BSB, dupe Rosa BSB. Dupe Locke BSB, and Gogo V BSB, when I already have Strago BSB as a magic-water BSB that can never stop being good.

I dunno. It sounds like something I want to try on in spite of dupes, because of the bonkers-good other stuff. Thoughts?

Enlong on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Banner 2 has Terra USN, Bartz USB, BSB2, Pecil USB, Relm BSB, Celes BSB2, Ceodore BSB, and Faris USB1. That's all great. It has Golbez Mage tank BSB. That's good.

But it also has dupe Mog BSB, dupe Rosa BSB. Dupe Locke BSB, and Gogo V BSB, when I already have Strago BSB as a magic-water BSB that can never stop being good.

I dunno. It sounds like something I want to try on in spite of dupes, because of the bonkers-good other stuff. Thoughts?

Depends on how long you want to wait. The next FFVI event (after Setzer/Shadow) has all the Terra items, including her BSB2, USB and OSB. It also has Celes BSB2, and Locke BSB2, USB and LMR. None of those are dupes.

For FFIV, the headliner items on Banner 1 in the next event (Ursula) are Ceodore's USB, BSB and etc. Some Kain stuff too.

Next FFV event doesn't exist yet.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Tiny Bee in 2017 sure is a fucking thing.

Did any of the JP banners have obvious duds like this?

edited September 2017
    Short Answer: No

Long Answer:

Banner 1:
    OK OSB instead of WoL CSB
    - Master BSB, Meia BSB, Refia BSB, Guy BSB
    + WoL BSB, Garland BSB, Desch BSB, OK BSB
    Banner 2:
    Faris USB instead of Rosa USB
    - PCecil BSB, Bartz Water BSB, Strago BSB, Krile BSB, Yang BSB, Palom BSB,
    + Bartz Earth BSB, Ceodore BSB, Rosa BSB, Rydia BSB, Golbez BSB, Locke BSB
    heavily reworked banner
    Banner 3:
    Sephiroth OSB instead of Rinoa CSB
    - Garnet BSB2, Quistis BSB, Vincent BSB, Steiner BSB
    + Garnet BSB1, Edea BSB, Eiko BSB, Zell BSB
    Banner 4:
    Rikku USB instead of Yuna USB
    + Tiny Bee (really DeNA?), Aphmau BSB, Seymour BSB, Ashe BSB
    - Yuna BSB2, Shantotto BSB, Fran BSB, Braska BSB,
    Banner 5
    Raines OSB instead of Yda USB
    + Raines BSB, Iris BSB, Minfilia BSB
    - Snow BSB2, Lightning BSB2, Cid BSB

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

Well one consequence of having so few BSB+ relics is I don't have a lot of dupes on these banners. I'm looking at 2/2/3/1/1 in terms of dupes, and 4/8/7/7/5 in terms of strong wants, so banner 1 is right out and banner 5 isn't too attractive either. Banner 2 is still looking like the one I like the most even though they removed Rosa's USB and Bartz's BSB3, with banner 4 right behind it and banner 3 being pretty good but the riskiest of the lot. So instead of 2 pulls on 2 and 3 and 1 pull on 4, I'll probably do 2 pulls on 2 and 4 and 1 on 3, with the possibility of doing 2 pulls each on 2, 3 and 4 if I decide I want to skip the Crystal Tower banner which is mostly contingent on getting another solid healing soul break or two (I would choose Vanille's BSB if I did that draw).

I don't understand why they would remove the CSBs from the banners, they are such strong relics that we very rarely get a chance at. Heck we haven't even gotten half of the CSBs that Japan had by this point I'm pretty sure. Overall these banners are weaker than Japan's, and the inclusion of Garnet and Yuna BSB1s is just a sick joke.

And of course all my planning could go right out the window depending on what happens with the lucky draws, which at least look to be unchanged (though the relic list is likely to be somewhat different than Japan got just due to not having certain characters/relics released yet).

steam_sig.png
    The Zone Eater's belly is a very special place.

This is pretty dumb. You expect BETTER banners since they've skipped so much lately, and then we get this. For the 30th Anniversary. Tiny Bee and Garnet Bee.

I just want a chance at some chain relics, some ice stuff, and some water stuff. Here's hoping the lucky draws do me well.

Pessimistic hypothesis I heard of:

The missing Chain soul breaks were recurrences from the super fest. We didn't get that first super fest, and as such we will not be getting those chains until it's impossible for them to skip them, by them being on a proper event banner. If that ever comes to pass.

Pessimistic hypothesis I heard of:

The missing Chain soul breaks were recurrences from the super fest. We didn't get that first super fest, and as such we will not be getting those chains until it's impossible for them to skip them, by them being on a proper event banner. If that ever comes to pass.

Well that one is just wrong, because WoL's chain and Rinoa's chain have both been released in Global already. It wasn't a case of them removing a relic that hadn't been released (like Meia's), it was just them removing the chain relics from the banners.

So how about that single Bard Mote to celebrate the Final Fantasy soundtrack?

steam_sig.png
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

We got a gift today, to celebrate the soundtrack release.

One Bard Mote. One.

Enjoy your one Bard mote!

I don't even fucking understand, lol. Maybe we'll get the same gift daily for a while?

edited September 2017
    Wait. Hold up.

There's a soundtrack release banner active right now. Was anyone predicting this?

Edit:

It says it's supposed to be active one day only, on the 5th of October. What gives?

It's not too good, though.

Enlong on
    Nah, it wasn't mined. Got a couple decent things on it, too.

100 gem on it got me Kuja's SSB, because why the fuck not

really weird banner that i am 100% dupe on

This discussion has been closed.