As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That Kuja SSB confuses me so much. Did he really need an SSB that is nigh-identical to his Dread of Death SB? The only upgrade is one extra hit.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    In thinking about magicite needs, I think I'm only considering banner 3. I have en fire and en dark for Sephiroth, and squall bsb2 and osb are there. Only 3 dupes as well.

I probably only have enough mythril for one pull anyways!

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'm still cracking up over One Bard Mote.

Rius wrote: »
    I'm still cracking up over One Bard Mote.

I hope it's a 5-day campaign.

Otherwise all it is is the opportunity to let someone look at the world's smallest violin, and fantasize about playing it.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Someone on the subreddit said "imagine if we'd gotten this gift before the FF4 Torment came out" and I'm kind of wishing that'd happened, because the fallout would have been incredible.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    The announcement does list the duration of the campaign as from 9/20 to 10/05, which is like 15 days. It doesn't say if we are getting 1 mythril and 1 bard mote each day, but it would be nice.

In further surprises, enjoy your 50 extra inventory space everybody!

steam_sig.png
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm hoping the one bard mote is a precursor to some sort of method of slowly acquiring extra 5* motes, otherwise it's just cruel.

BTW, Dagger's Dagger of Daggering is very cool as a stat stick, there are much worse things (cough Tiny Bee) they could and did do to these banners.

also also, they re-fixed Last Stand, no free ATB when it goes off

Fry on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    we are going to make full use of that 50 inventory slot boost

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Curiosity, is there a benefit to having duplicate magicite at level 99?

Ardor wrote: »
    Curiosity, is there a benefit to having duplicate magicite at level 99?

If you want the effects from the same magicite twice, sure. The second one will be half as effective as the first, but still useful. I think I will be happy with one of each 3* magicite at 99 though.

steam_sig.png
    i'd suggest having dupes of the good 3* magicite like enlil, mom bomb and enkidu

Some of these banner changes just defy parody.

Like, seriously. "Remove Summoner's Garb, add Tiny Bee" is something I would say as a parody of bad banner changes.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wow. No Zack BSB1, no Lightning BSB2, no Edge USB, no Chains I would have tried for...

I think I might just pull on the LD's and then let the rest of the fest go outside of a pull on Banner 4 with no possible dupes, see if I can swing some Vaan stuff.

But of course they left Cloud USB in as a special fuck-you to people pulling.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Edge's USB was never on the original fest banners to begin with, but the straight downgrade to Banner 2 is like a massacre in the streets. The only real good change that happened was dropping Bartz's BSB2 for BSB3, but that's really comparing apples to oranges depending on one's elemental needs.

The only banner I'm giving consideration to now is banner 3 for Cloud USB/Squall BSB2 but when the day comes, I might even waffle on that. My stock of mythril is much more likely to go towards FFVI now chasing Setzer and Shadow's USBs.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I might do multiple pulls on banner 1 cuz lol at how little I-III synergy I have (plus STILL missing Onion BSB). As for the others...

5/14 on banner 2 (Bartz USB, Faris USB, Celes BSB2, Rydia BSB, Golbez BSB) is a pass
    6/14 on banner 3 (Cloud/Sephiroth 6*, Cloud BSB2, Sephiroth BSB?, Eiko BSB, Squall BSB2) is a pass
    3/14 on banner 4 (if that isn't Shantotto chain, 4/14 if it is, dupes are Ashe BSB, Vaan BSB, Rikku USB) maybe?
    6/14 on banner 5 (Lightning USB, Minfilia BSB, Alphinaud BSB, Gladiolus BSB, Yda BSB, Raines BSB) is a pass

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I might do multiple pulls on banner 1 cuz lol at how little I-III synergy I have (plus STILL missing Onion BSB). As for the others...

5/14 on banner 2 (Bartz USB, Faris USB, Celes BSB2, Rydia BSB, Golbez BSB) is a pass
    6/14 on banner 3 (Cloud/Sephiroth 6*, Cloud BSB2, Sephiroth BSB?, Eiko BSB, Squall BSB2) is a pass
    3/14 on banner 4 (if that isn't Shantotto chain, 4/14 if it is, dupes are Ashe BSB, Vaan BSB, Rikku USB) maybe?
    6/14 on banner 5 (Lightning USB, Minfilia BSB, Alphinaud BSB, Gladiolus BSB, Yda BSB, Raines BSB) is a pass

Not Shantotto chain. It's her USB-EX mode. Ten single target lightning/ice/fire attacks (1.7x each per hit), grants Attach Lightning and EX: Dualcast Magic (MAG +30%, 100% chance to dualcast Witch abilities consuming an extra ability use)

Some people are theorizing that the Chains were pulled because Superfest is actually coming for Global after the Anniversary. So, take that with a heaping grain of salt but might have some merit.

Madican wrote: »
    Some people are theorizing that the Chains were pulled because Superfest is actually coming for Global after the Anniversary. So, take that with a heaping grain of salt but might have some merit.

Hahahaha

I'm optimistic about this. We never got the original banners, and there are still Dark and Holy Magicite to come, and a banner was released in JP for those, so I feel like they'll combine the missed stuff with the new stuff and boom, a reason to have a "Global Exclusive" fest.

Blah, blah Bard motes, blah blah Mog's legend dive, but along with that skipped Superfest, Galuf didn't get his USB or legend sphere unlock, and Tyro's missing his LMR, so those should be addressed at some point. Since it involves Tyro, they can't just ignore it like they've ignored Bards/Dancers/Witches this whole time. :P

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Oh my god these banners are a hundred times worse for me. Jesus Christ.

Well, guess I'm saving until Christmas. RIP ice damage dreams.

Edit: and then I get my first 100 gem 5* since overcloud and it's fairy flute, by far the worst item. Not a good day for ffrk.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited September 2017
    The writing on the wall as far as "but muh LCSBs!!!" will be on the FFDissidia banner. Garland's Dark LCSB was released at that time. If it's still there, then I have no words for those doomsayers who want to believe that they're removing LCSBs from Global banners because of whatever conspiracy they want to come up with.

The likely, logical explanation is we'll get a Superfest to make up for the missing LCSBs, but I won't pretend like it's not a stupid decision to withhold the Fire/Earth ones and remove the others from the fest just so they can make money on people pulling on specialized focus banners in an event down the line. More money to be made by having them available now and in a separate fest.

El Fantastico on

100 gem 3*. Just one long, loud fart.

"Anniversary? What anniversary? I'm here for Orbfest."

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Ha. They removed a bunch of dupes I had from banners and I think the only one they added was Garnet's BSB1.

Can't say that what they added is too attractive either though. I'll look a little more closely later. The PSX banner smells like a super hard pass though.
    E:
    Need my brain checked. Seph OSB, Eiko BSB, Golbez BSB, Seymour BSB, Raines BSB, Iris BSB all added dupes. It's early. Leave me alone.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Fuck it I love these banner changes

Tiny Bee and Dagger Bee are the most meme things that they could have possibly shunted actual decent relics off for on a 30th fest in 2017

This video perfectly encapsulates everything about these banners in terms of anticipation and realization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    After doing some intense comparisons, these banners are just so awkward for me. Actually every single one of them is good, and about equally so. It makes it very difficult to figure out where to pull.

I'm definitely going to take at least a single shot on banners 1, 2, and 5. I've got one or two other pulls to fit in, which will either be on one of them or banner 4, depending on how lucky draws and such go.

Looking at the list of changes makes things pretty moot for me. Only thing I really care about losing is Rosa USB, but I still want Faris's USB anyway. And the likes of Onion BSB/Edea BSB/Zell BSB are big gains.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Soundtrack Release banner review:

Banner: September 20
    Yuna USB: Party Curaga + Haste + Last Stand + Raise. I use this pretty regularly, it covers for a lot of mistakes. Other healer USBs can be better at raw healing power, and sometimes you really want a healer BSB with a medica command.
    Lightning OSB: It's an OSB.
    Luneth BSB: Wind spear. En-wind. C2 has an ATK buff, and this stuns on entry and has a chance to stun on C1. Still a great option for dealing physical wind damage.
    Cloud of Darkness BSB: Dark MAG staff. Dark/holy damage and party Damage Reflect. Commands have low chances at status effects. Sometimes you really want Damage Reflect, and this is also interesting as a mage burst that deals holy damage.
    Celes BSB1: Holy sword. Party +30% ATK/MAG, and en-holy for Celes. I feel like this is awkward to use, but some folks like it a lot, and it's a reasonable party buff.
    Kefka BSB1: En-bio! Has a command for Power Breakdown Dance. A rare source of poison damage, but otherwise not especially good.
    Shantotto BSB: En-lightning. Commands are quick casting fire/ice/lightning damage. Slightly above average for a mage burst.
    Ace BSB: Instant damage and party Blink. C2 has a MAG buff, C1 gets a fifth hit if Ace is in the front row. Solid mage burst.
    Eiko SSB: Party Cura and Reraise. Blech.
    Kuja SSB2: Dark MAG light armor. En-dark and some damage. Not very good these days.
    Noctis SSB: Instant damage and party instant cast. Great for speedruns, or just to accelerate a fight-ending barrage of SBs to blow through a weak phase.

Overall thoughts, future banners, etc.
    Ehhhhh. There's a lot of stuff here that's just sort of OK, and nothing really stands out. IMO the fest banners are a lot better.

Upcoming event schedule:
    T - VI (Shadow/Setzer USBs) - 30th Anniversary Fest! - Dissidia villains (Gabranth USB/Garland Chain) - XV (Prompto USB) - II (Minwu/Leon USBs) - III (Refia USB/Ingus Chain) - VIII (Laguna/Edea/Zell USBs, Kiros and Ward) - VII (Sephiroth/Reno/Cid USBs, Rude and Elena) - IV (Ceodore/Kain/Rydia/Golbez USBs)

Alternate opinions:
    (tbd)

Some of my other recent banner reviews:

Fry on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Here's the banners in text form.
    Banner 1
    WoL USB
    Firion USB
    Luneth USB
    OK OSB
    OK BSB
    Firion BSB
    Desch BSB
    Leila BSB
    Ingus BSB
    WoL BSB
    Maria BSB
    Emperor BSB
    Garland BSB
    Matoya BSB

Banner 2
    Pecil USB
    Bartz USB
    Terra USB
    Faris USB1
    Bartz BSB3
    Celes BSB2
    Mog BSB
    Relm BSB
    Ceodore BSB
    Rosa BSB
    Rydia BSB
    Golbez BSB
    Locke BSB
    Famed Mimic Gogo BSB (FFV)

Banner 3
    Cloud USB
    Squall USB
    Zidane USB
    Sephiroth OSB
    Squall BSB2
    Zell BSB
    Cloud BSB2
    Sephiroth BSB2
    Eiko BSB
    Cid BSB
    Garnet BSB
    Zidane BSB2
    Rinoa BSB2
    Edea BSB

Banner 4
    Tidus USB
    Shantotto USB
    Vaan USB
    Rikku USB
    TINY BEE (Again, Not Joking)
    Vaan BSB
    Ayame BSB
    Auron BSB2
    Aphmau BSB
    Seymour BSB
    Reks BSB
    Curilla BSB
    Balthier BSB2
    Ashe BSB

Banner 5
    Lightning USB
    Alphinaud USB
    Noctis USB
    Raines OSB
    Alphinaud BSB
    Nabaat BSB
    Raines BSB
    Minfilia BSB
    Hope BSB2
    Noctis BSB
    Yda BSB
    Gladiolus BSB
    Papalymo BSB
    Iris BSB

Banner 3 is a clear dumpster fire for me. Banners 1, 2, and 4 are looking relatively attractive. No fewer than two dupes on every banner is a bit of a nut punch though. I've got ~250 mythril at the moment, and only future plans are a light pull on FFXV, and then hoarding to the insane Onion banner with a light Type-0 pull on the Queen banner. Maybe the lucky draws will be nice though. For like, the second time ever since they hate me and want to just dump thousands of terrible dark mage relics on me.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

Well, then, that still means the JP version got Superfest with chain soul breaks, and anniversary banners with chain soul breaks. We'd just get the one shot through a superfest.

And that's only true if we do get a superfest of some kind. I was vaguely expecting it with the holy/dark magicite dungeons, but I was also kind of banking on the anniversary to give me enough stuff to clear Golem and get access to the holy/dark magicite dungeons.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Someone on the subreddit said "imagine if we'd gotten this gift before the FF4 Torment came out" and I'm kind of wishing that'd happened, because the fallout would have been incredible.

Apparently its part of a global campaign JP got an event out of it and
    30 more bard motes

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Yeah the only changes I'm super unhappy with are the removal of Rosa USB and the two CSBs. I probably wasn't pulling on B1 even if it had remained unchanged, though, so losing WoL CSB I can live with. Losing Rinoa CSB hurts more, though I wouldn't say no to a Sephiroth OSB since I have his BSB2 already, and dropping Quistis BSB for for Edea BSB makes up for some of the lost ice power. Swapping out Garnet BSB2 for BSB1 is bad for me in particular because I have the dagger already, but dropping Vincent and Steiner BSBs and adding Eiko and Zell BSBs is a nice upgrade for me since I'm already pretty strong in fire while I am lacking good healer relics and Zell BSB is quite strong.

For the SNES banner losing Cecil BSB2, Krile BSB, Yang BSB and Palom BSB doesn't bother me, swapping Bartz BSB2 for BSB3 is annoying because I have BSB3 but not 2, adding Ceodore BSB, Rosa BSB and Golbez BSB are all pluses for me, while Rydia BSB is a dupe and Locke BSB is just kind of there, about as exciting to me as Krile BSB was so that's a wash.

For the PS2 banner, dropping Yuna USB for Rikku USB is a slight upgrade in desire for me (I need more hastega/boostga relics in particular). Trading Yuna BSB2 for BSB1 is loltastic and kind of annoying. Trading Shantotto BSB for Ashe BSB is kind of alright I guess? I like Shantotto's better but I do already have Ashe OSB, not that Ashe has a good way to build meter other than Sudden Thunder. Dropping Braska BSB for Seymour BSB I literally don't care either way, Braska is maybe slightly better but whatever. Dropping Fran BSB for Aphmau BSB is a mild annoyance, as Fran is one of my favorite characters and that BSB is quite good, but Aphmau BSB is somewhat interesting as well.

Overall the quality of the banners for me is roughly the same, though I now have dupes on the SNES banner when I didn't before the change. The PS2 banner did pass the PS1 banner in my priority list, but I'll probably do two pulls on B2, B3 and B4 and skip the Crystal Tower banner. And all this planning could get upended if I somehow get lucky on the lucky draws over the next 3 days.

steam_sig.png
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be pulling on the 2nd and 3rd banners most likely. Can't pass up a pull on the SNES games, as they're my favourites and the 3rd banner is just pretty strong still, with only 2 dupes and a lot of great relics.

Does the fact that the chains are not on these banners mean they'll be in the lucky?

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Gonna pull on banner 2 if nothing changes for me with the luckies.

How many hours until Medica BSB banner?

Maytag wrote: »
    I'm gonna be pulling on the 2nd and 3rd banners most likely. Can't pass up a pull on the SNES games, as they're my favourites and the 3rd banner is just pretty strong still, with only 2 dupes and a lot of great relics.

Does the fact that the chains are not on these banners mean they'll be in the lucky?

It doesn't not mean that! Honestly we won't know until the banners go live and the relic list is checked. They certainly SHOULD be in the lucky if they aren't in the festival, but we have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Also, of course Japan got an event with bard motes for the release of the soundtrack volume 2. They get bard motes for getting out of bed in the morning.

Also also, I wonder why they don't add job motes for dancer, darkness, witch, shooter and any other categories that don't have 6* abilities. At the very least, dancer has been a job in various final fantasy games about as often as bard. Would a hyper break dance be too strong for a 6* ability?

steam_sig.png
    I'm not sure if I'll pull on any of these banners. I'll have to do more research because I'm trying to form a cohesive team rather than scatter-shotting relics across the realms. Maybe see what the LD, DU, and 30 pull nab me before making a final decision.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    *wakes up*

1 free Mythril? Oh, okay. 1 Bard Mote? DeNA are you drunk? This better be for more than a single day.

Wait there's a banner that comes with this? *looks at relic list* Ahahahahahaha fuck that.
    100 Gem: 4*

Oh, the fest banners are finally out, thank god, I can plan.

...they removed everything good and all the chains I was going for to put a bunch of shit on it.

I...

*sigh*

This is the best resource: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dh8s2_h92mpIZkio7l7QRLbBW3hxYJ9hyKTobmXGnKw/edit#gid=0

Detailed changes I care about:
    Banner 1 - Lost Meia's BSB (but we knew that was going); added OK BSB
    3 loved, 1 desired, 9 meh, 1 dupe

Banner 2 - Lost Rosa USB, Strago BSB, Palom BSB; added Faris USB1, Bartz BSB3, Rosa BSB, Rydia BSB
    5 loved, 2 desired, 5 meh, 2 dupe

Banner 3 - Lost Rinoa CSB (fuck you), Vincent BSB; added Eiko BSB, Edea BSB. Also, Garnet BSB1 (LOL??)
    2 loved, 3 desired, 7 meh, 2 dupes

Banner 4 - Lost Yuna USB (fuck you), Yuna BSB2 (ffffffff--), Fran BSB; added Aphmau BSB (well okay fine that works as a swap), Ashe BSB(!). Also, TINY BEE (LOL???)
    4 loved, 2 desired, 5 meh, 3 dupes

Banner 5 - Lost Yda USB (??); gained Iris BSB, Minfilia BSB
    3 loved, 4 desired, 6 meh, 1 dupe

Still not pulling on Banner 1, too many people I just don't care about, even if I really really need Earth stuff and should pull for Ingus and Maria.
    Holy shit is Banner 2 getting all my pulls now even if Strago's busted BSB isn't on there any more. Rydia or Bartz BSBs YES PLEASE (and Faris of course)
    Banner 3 got worse and a dud pull was added. I wasn't pulling here and I'm definitely not now.
    Banner 4 is worse because I already have Rikku USB so losing Yuna USB in trade for that is shit. I'm still pulling because it's still a good banner (just not amazeballs) and Ayame BSB and Ashe BSB which have been LONG desired items as I'm sure people are sick of hearing about. I just know I'm going to be going TINY BEE/11 twice on here, so I'm girding myself for that knowledge appropriately (if only I drank I could stock up on that ahead of time).
    Banner 5 changes are kinda meh for me. Yda USB for Raines OSB is bad, but getting a couple BSBs I had dupes on off the banner for ones I want and didn't have is good. Still pulling, UltraClaire plz have mercy. DeNA just really doesn't want me to have stuff for my favorite of the Scions, I guess.

To sum up:
    c6xJquQ.png

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    "To celebrate the launch of Terra Battle 2,here's a bunch of shit to make you want to play something else."

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Maytag wrote: »

It doesn't not mean that! Honestly we won't know until the banners go live and the relic list is checked. They certainly SHOULD be in the lucky if they aren't in the festival, but we have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

People have been trying to tell me that Global did that differently at least and no matter what the Ultras and Chains were going to be the lucky whether or not they're in the fest.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    My dupe count got screwed over hard with those changes.

Healer LD: 5/18
    BSB+: 61/224
    6*: 18/99

I'm gonna have to look closely at the fest banners to see if they're worth it.

This discussion has been closed.