As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Since they shuffled the Cloud event they've been like a different company. Just about every fest we've had has at least had arguably more higher ranking relics on it than the counterpart festival in JP, even if they swapped banners (3 BSB each vs 2 etc.) I'm not getting my hopes up for chains on luckies, but even if they are on there, the odds are not in your favor of getting something specific on a lucky.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    This video perfectly encapsulates everything about these banners in terms of anticipation and realization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik

god this video kills me every time, it is so fucking good

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Like, I don't care if they randomly swap stuff around, that's annoying when you're planning for them to be similar but it's usually a personal issue because of dupes.

But just straight downgrades to shit like Yuna and Garnet feels real bad. But I guess I understand why they did it since I'm still probably pulling on banner 3 and 4 even though they're markedly worse because I just need ice shit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Since they shuffled the Cloud event they've been like a different company. Just about every fest we've had has at least had arguably more higher ranking relics on it than the counterpart festival in JP, even if they swapped banners (3 BSB each vs 2 etc.) I'm not getting my hopes up for chains on luckies, but even if they are on there, the odds are not in your favor of getting something specific on a lucky.

Honestly, at this point, I'm kinda expecting them to fuck with drop percents, too.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Valiant Knives for everyone!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    That's a funny thread title, I wonder what's going on?

Oh.

Well now I'm sad.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    All right...
    Banner 1:
    2 dupes
    3 great
    4 useful

Banner 2:
    3 dupes
    4 great
    4 useful

Banner 3:
    6 dupes
    3 great
    3 useful

Banner 4:
    2 dupes
    5 great
    4 useful

Banner 5:
    4 dupes
    3 great
    3 useful

Looks like banner 2, 4, and MAYBE 1. Haven't actually worked out mythril counts or the like though, so not sure how much I have to spend. Missing the CSBs.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    A couple months ago I looked at the Edge stuff and the Shadow stuff, felt they were pretty comparable, felt like I wanted a great Dark character (since I have mostly a motley assembly of SSBs and not a single EnDark Burst), and as a bonus the Shadow banner is also the Setzer banner, so I decided to pull on the Shadow/Setzer banner. Then came the fest, and some mythril leaked out on Bartz stuff, and I decided against pulling on FF6.

Kind of rethinking that decision now, even though I really could use more Ice/Water stuff. But maybe there'll be a SuperFebwahhahahahhahahaaaa I can't even think it with a straight face.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Dupe counts:

1/2/1/0/3

...god damn it. Not even easy to say "WELL, NOT GONNA PULL THERE." Closest being banner 5. Guess I'm never getting Raines' burst to go with his two SSBs and his LMR.

e: Missed one.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    I think it's probably highly likely we'll be getting a combined superfest, filled with CSBs, for the Christmas/New Years fest. There's no other fests in Japan between now and the anniversary one that's about to start besides the mini little holy/dark superfest2. There's no way they're going to move our 'anniversary' fest up four months or give us that for Christmas and do a completely new pulled-out-of-the-ass anniversary fest at the end of March.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Honestly I might just wait till we get to the regular banners having 4 USBs and rest BSBs.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Oh what fantastic news to wake up to. :?

Banner 2 added 3 dupes for me. Banner 5 added 2 dupes and removed Enkindler?!

I was wondering how I was going to juggle pulling on all the banners and I guess DeNa provided the solution.

(Still might pull anyway, who knows.)

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I can be one of those ascetics who walk into the Christmas event with 500+ mythril. And mythril only appreciates over time, so I can just keep whacking DC 140 stuff to build up Memory Crystals and Record Materias then head into that festival armed with a plan.

• Options
    Honestly I might just wait till we get to the regular banners having 4 USBs and rest BSBs.

So, never?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Madican wrote: »
    I can be one of those ascetics who walk into the Christmas event with 500+ mythril. And mythril only appreciates over time, so I can just keep whacking DC 140 stuff to build up Memory Crystals and Record Materias then head into that festival armed with a plan.
    There are people who were reporting on reddit they had 800+ Mythril coming in to this fest.

These changes must make it easier for them to keep that much...

---

In happier news, my Fenrir time was at 00:58.61 on my initial lap.

Now down to...
    Q9CfzcDl.png

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I need Ice and Lightning stuff, and FF15 stuff, and FF1-3 stuff, and after that I need to pump the breaks and start saving for Onion USBs because I want alllllllll of his stuff.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm walking in to this fest with close to 420 myself. I'll likely walk out of the fest with about 30 more mythril then entering just from getting logins and other event mythril because most of the fest banners are bad (for me), and every event that comes afterwards, save for a few, the headliner USB comes back on much more focused and vastly improved event banners. I can avoid getting traps, dupes and pulling on a banner that shares a realm I have strong synergy in and just pull for banners that I need, or that appeal to me more.

I mean, I'm even looking at the Dissidia event banner as a possible pull for Garland's Dark LCSB, because Garland competes for the Dark GodKing when that FFI event drops 5 months later (then Shadow assassinates him in the dark with the buffed Ninja skills).

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Jesus, those changes are just flabbergasting in their cruelty.

Banner 1 - This one sucked even before my two favorite items got replaced by dupes. Get that shit out of my sight.

Banner 2 - Urrrrrgh. This one was kind of dupe-heavy to begin with, and now virtually all of the decent elemental coverage among the consolation prizes is gone too. Bartz BSB2 > Dupe BSB3 is the straw that broke the camel's back. Even as someone who would be okay with the Longcoat or Rydia BSB1 and who really wants Bartz USB, I see no compelling reason not to skip this and pull on the VI event after next instead. Most of the good stuff recurs there and it's dupeless for me.

Banner 3 - Rinoa CSB > Dupe Sephiroth OSB is fucking agony, but if there isn't a better ice banner coming I should probably still pull at least once. And I don't think there is. Also Zidane USB is really strong for me (and would push me to legend dive him).

Banner 4 - Well, Rikku USB is probably more interesting than Yuna USB and Yuna BSB2 was a dupe anyway, so maybe? Although the other changes are still bad (Ashe BSB is a dupe and Seymour BSB is functionally a worse Kuja BSB) and the original problem of being a bit tepid about some of the top end still persists. Tidus USB and Ayame BSB are the only items that solve genuine problems. So maybe I just shouldn't.

Banner 5 - See also: Banner 1.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I think banner 1 is right out, banner 2 is worse but still worth it, banner 3 has Squall BSB2, banner 4 is hot garbage, banner 5 has a mix of nice things and dupes.

Conflicted!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm hearing that Cloudcycle is on Banner 3 and apparently so is Squall BSB2. So I might throw a pull at that one and see what comes up? I do need the EnWind and a source of Ice damage wouldn't go amiss.

• Options
    To be honest, while we're rightly disappointed about how they're nerfed (and there's some SERIOUS traps on banners 3 and 4), there's a ton of good to be had on every banner.

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Is a regular event still expected to launch tomorrow?

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Banner 1 - 3 dupes, 2 want, 4 neat
    Banner 2 - 3 dupes, 2 want, 3 neat
    Banner 3 - 4 dupes, 1 want, 3 neat
    Banner 4 - 6 dupes, 2 want, 3 neat
    Banner 5 - 9 dupes, 2 want, 3 neat

Yeah, I ain't drawing on these banners. Banners 4 and 5 are dupe central for me.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Wyvern wrote: »

Banner 1 - This one sucked even before my two favorite items got replaced by dupes. Get that shit out of my sight.

Banner 2 - Urrrrrgh. This one was kind of dupe-heavy to begin with, and now virtually all of the decent elemental coverage among the consolation prizes is gone too. Bartz BSB2 > Dupe BSB3 is the straw that broke the camel's back. Even as someone who would be okay with the Longcoat or Rydia BSB1 and who really wants Bartz USB, I see no compelling reason not to skip this and pull on the VI event after next instead. Most of the good stuff recurs there and it's dupeless for me.

Banner 3 - Rinoa CSB > Dupe Sephiroth OSB is fucking agony, but if there isn't a better ice banner coming I should probably still pull at least once. And I don't think there is. Also Zidane USB is really strong for me (and would push me to legend dive him).

Banner 4 - Well, Rikku USB is probably more interesting than Yuna USB and Yuna BSB2 was a dupe anyway, so maybe? Although the other changes are still bad (Ashe BSB is a dupe and Seymour BSB is functionally a worse Kuja BSB) and the original problem of being a bit tepid about some of the top end still persists. Tidus USB and Ayame BSB are the only items that solve genuine problems. So maybe I just shouldn't.

Depends on if you specifically want FFVIII coverage, or you're willing to go heavy on FFXIII. The next VIII event avoids Squall and Rinoa items altogether, but the current FFVIII banner in JP (effectively 5.5-6 months away) focuses Rinoa on banner 1 and Squall/Laguna on banner 2.

However, smack in the middle of either of those events (3 months away, give or take), you get FFXIII banner 1, which gives you all the ice things. Snow, Serah and Noel's USBs are all ice element, with Snow and Serah getting stronger BSB2s. Serah's USB is an ice-flavoured Lightning USB, only it leans on MAG damage, and her BSB2 is an Imperil like her big sisters.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Revisiting budget...

Banner 1 - 3 loved, 1 desired, 9 meh, 1 dupe -- 0 pulls
    Banner 2 - 4 loved, 4 desired, 5 meh, 1 dupe -- 2 + 1 pulls
    Banner 3 - 2 loved, 3 desired, 7 meh, 2 dupes -- 0 pulls
    Banner 4 - 4 loved, 2 desired, 5 meh, 3 dupes -- 1 + 1 pulls
    Banner 5 - 3 loved, 4 desired, 6 meh, 1 dupe -- 1 pull
    (+1 = Gems)

Changes: Removed gem pull from 5, put my floating uncommitted pull to Banner 2. That bottoms my Mythril out through the start of November.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    IceBurner wrote: »
    Is a regular event still expected to launch tomorrow?

Yes. FF6
    https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/09/19/upcoming-in-app-announcement-event-coming-soo-58

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    ArcTangent wrote: »

So, never?

Looks like current JP banners are around there.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38268349/#Comment_38268349

3rd paragraph of the last spoiler.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Are the BSB+ and 6-star banners gonna have stuff from the FFVI event?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Are the BSB+ and 6-star banners gonna have stuff from the FFVI event?

Your guess is as good as anyone's, though last fest I did get Relm's USB off of one of the pre-fest lucky draws and it had just been introduced a day beforehand.

• Options
    Banner 2 is tempting for Relm BSB. Healer burst with an attack, Last Stand, and an insta-Curaja. Want it so much.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Depends on if you specifically want FFVIII coverage, or you're willing to go heavy on FFXIII. The next VIII event avoids Squall and Rinoa items altogether, but the current FFVIII banner in JP (effectively 5.5-6 months away) focuses Rinoa on banner 1 and Squall/Laguna on banner 2.

However, smack in the middle of either of those events (3 months away, give or take), you get FFXIII banner 1, which gives you all the ice things. Snow, Serah and Noel's USBs are all ice element, with Snow and Serah getting stronger BSB2s. Serah's USB is an ice-flavoured Lightning USB, only it leans on MAG damage, and her BSB2 is an Imperil like her big sisters.
    XIII has four great ice items and the rest of the banner is awful for me (Snow BSB1 is my only ice item presently, so if I 1/11ed his BSB2 it would leave him with nobody to support). Honestly even Noel USB is a little bit sketchy because neither he nor Snow can carry actual ice abilities. Banner 3 has four ice items and the rest of the banner has a couple of other good things. Feels like Banner 3 is the better bet.

The current VIII event does look pretty great, but that's a long time to have absolutely no ice damage of note. I guess it doesn't matter all that much since I can beat Fenrir, but...

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Just marking dupes and wants so I can see it laid out visually
    Banner 1
    WoL USB
    Firion USB
    Luneth USB
    OK OSB
    OK BSB
    Firion BSB
    Desch BSB
    Leila BSB
    Ingus BSB
    WoL BSB
    Maria BSB
    Emperor BSB
    Garland BSB
    Matoya BSB

Banner 2
    Pecil USB
    Bartz USB
    Terra USB
    Faris USB1
    Bartz BSB3
    Celes BSB2
    Mog BSB
    Relm BSB
    Ceodore BSB
    Rosa BSB
    Rydia BSB
    Golbez BSB
    Locke BSB
    Famed Mimic Gogo BSB (FFV)

Banner 3
    Cloud USB
    Squall USB
    Zidane USB
    Sephiroth OSB
    Squall BSB2
    Zell BSB
    Cloud BSB2
    Sephiroth BSB2
    Eiko BSB
    Cid BSB
    Garnet BSB
    Zidane BSB2
    Rinoa BSB2
    Edea BSB

Banner 4
    Tidus USB
    Shantotto USB
    Vaan USB
    Rikku USB
    TINY BEE (Again, Not Joking)
    Vaan BSB
    Ayame BSB
    Auron BSB2
    Aphmau BSB
    Seymour BSB
    Reks BSB
    Curilla BSB
    Balthier BSB2
    Ashe BSB

Banner 5
    Lightning USB
    Alphinaud USB
    Noctis USB
    Raines OSB
    Alphinaud BSB
    Nabaat BSB
    Raines BSB
    Minfilia BSB
    Hope BSB2
    Noctis BSB
    Yda BSB
    Gladiolus BSB
    Papalymo BSB
    Iris BSB

If I can manage to get enough mythril, I think I'll pull on 2, 3, and 5.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Banner 1 - 0/14 - Interests: OK BSB would be nice I guess
    Banner 2 - 1/14 - Interests: Bartz USB, Terra USB (I hear it's great), Faris USB1 (+10 ATK!), Bartz BSB
    Banner 3 - 1/14 - Interests: Cloud USB (duh), Cloud BSB, Cid BSB (I can't believe I'm saying this), Garnet BSB1 (+...I don't know what stat it gives, but I use Garnet all the time!), Edea BSB (I have seen videos of Maelstrom being super broken)
    Banner 4 - 1/14 (guess which fucking one) - Interests: Rikku USB
    Banner 5 - 3/14 - Interests: Iris BSB (I have their LMR)

Relics I was interested in but were removed: Yda USB, Yuna USB, Rosa USB, Bartz Other BSB.

Looks like it's going to be pulling on 2 & 3. I don't know how much I'm even going to bother, really.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Here's my color coded mythril spreadsheet schedule for the upcoming couple of weeks

3jzlmv0z5vvq.jpg

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

So, never?

Looks like current JP banners are around there.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38268349/#Comment_38268349

3rd paragraph of the last spoiler.

5/14 relics is not close.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Soundtrack 100 gem: No surprises here, more 3* garbage

Data for posterity:
    13 misses in a row

15/136 lifetime

5/41 this batch

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Banner 1: Garland BSB is terrible, I miss WoL CSB and Master BSB. OK OSB is my only dupe, and the rest of the banner is pretty good and I'm short on I, II and III synergy. And it's another chance for VotF.

Banner 2: Great banner, but I've got 6 dupes, including 3 of the USBs (Terra, Bartz, Pecil). Much as I'd like Bartz BSB3, or Mog, this is a hard pass.

Banner 3: Fantastic banner (even with the Garnet switch), but I have a ridiculous EIGHT of these relics.

Banner 4: I want synergy here, and the 6* items are fantastic. I'll have to think hard about the fact that I've got three dupes (Vaan, Ashe and Seymour) and Yuna BSB1 was put on the banner.

Banner 5: Three dupes, but I want XIV and XV synergy and it's another chance to get Lightning USB, Alphinaud BSB and Cid Raines BSB.

DeNA really did make every banner worse. Yuna BSB1? 2/3 CSBs removed? I think we're being trolled.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I would pay Dena 100 dollars just to make it so that the fucking command bar didn't disappear when an SB goes off.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    6 dupes on banner 1, 2 on 2, 7 on 3, 5 on 4, 5 on 5

So...banner 2 it is? I REALLY want Terra or Bartz USBs

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I want a fucking Speed 0.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
This discussion has been closed.