As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    The FFIV event that introduces Ursula (which I believe is the only known FFIV event in the future) has a Rydia-tastic banner 2. Rydia USB (10 water/non summon hits, water aura, party MAG/RES buff), Rydia OSB, Rydia BSB2 (6 AOE water/holy summon hits, imperil water) and Rydia LMR (35% chance for Quickcast 1 after using a summon ability).

Yeah, I've got a pulled scheduled there. The LMR feels a little weak because you can't chain it compared to how LM2s were implemented. I'd rather have seen like 25% chance for Quick 2 or something.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    A Mom Bomb dropped :D:D:D:D:D

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Nice.

Mom Bomb is great; I've almost entirely stopped using Mirage Phoenix now that I have one.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    More specifically, she's been stuck at 65/65 for weeks, while a pile of Salamanders grew around me.

Could probably stop farming Liquid Flame now, but then I don't really need anything from Bismarck.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I really need to just clear Burning Man. I keep trying to do the cloud retaliate sub 30 thing but he kills someone and I eventually tire of constant s/l

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2017
    Savage Thunderbolt -> Savage Thunderbolt -> Thunderbolt in the space of one of my turns. Followed on the next turn by Savage Thunderbolt.

Oh, yes, now I remember why I love this Hydra fight. I admire its purity, at least.

Enlong on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Like the JJBA/Lightning pic that was borne out of the replaced Cloud USB event, this comic is very high level humour, y'all. It's just... *chefkiss*

Providing only the link because it's huge.

https://imgur.com/a/tZmvQ#SyCngO8

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Do we know what's going to be in the Dissidia or Crystal Tower draws yet?

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Jragghen wrote: »

Yesish?

Dissidia's just a regular event.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/69cye2/gathering_of_heroes_jp_megathread_dff/

They could mess with the Crystal Tower selection list, but they could also mess with the gem-only thing selection list. Presumably though, they're not. In either case, the actual pool is "SSB+" for both of those.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/69wawp/crystal_tower_selection_jp_relic_draw_thread/

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The fact that Krile, Prishe, Vanille, and Orlandeau are featured on the datamined image of the crystal tower selection leads me to believe that the selection list isn't changed.

edited September 2017

Barring shenanigans Dissidia shouldn't change much, if it does at all, unless they just randomly decide to take the Chain off and fuck us again.

Gabranth USB
    Garland CSB
    Sephiroth BSB2
    Gabranth BSB
    Kuja BSB
    Jecht BSB
    Gabranth LMR
    Garland LMR
    Kuja LMR
    Garland SSB2
    Kuja SSB2
    Jecht SSB2

Crystal Tower we don't know yet if that's changing (specifically Echo BSB is questionable).

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    That Dissidia banner looks great for Dark. If I don't get anything from Shadow, I may pull there, in hope of getting an Imperil or the chain.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    If I get anything for Shadow, there's a good chance I'll try to pull for Garland's LCSB because eventual 16-hit Ninja/USB combination.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    It would be nice to have Rydia's OSB. I wonder if there's a non-Lucky Banner opportunity for it again, or if it'll go by the wayside when her Leviathan BSB2 comes out.
    It's on the Leviathan BSB2 banner, isn't it? USB, BSB2, OSB, and LMR, I thought.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    The game has vomited so many dark damage bsbs and imperils on me since I started playing that I don't think I'll ever purposefully try to pull for it.

biscuitbutt81 on
    Regarding Crystal Tower, if you can't clear the whole thing (ie- don't have close to 4 full teams), is it still worth it to clear as much of it as possible?

I assume there are floor-by-floor rewards?

Characters
    edited September 2017
    Aegis wrote: »
    Regarding Crystal Tower, if you can't clear the whole thing (ie- don't have close to 4 full teams), is it still worth it to clear as much of it as possible?

I assume there are floor-by-floor rewards?

Yes. The way it's configured is that there are rewards for clearing X number of stages without leaving in the form of Cid Missions. Leaving lets you reset your teams however you want, but the stages remain cleared.

One sec. I can pull the rewards.

E:
    The fest Crystal Tower (regular ones won't start for ~2 months after it) rewards are:
    Each individual stage:
    50 4* motes
    1 MC2
    7 Major orbs (two types each, split 3/4)

Clearing the final floor is 3 crystals (one each of three kinds).

I think you might be locked for characters for THIS Crystal Tower, and have to clear the five floors with 25 different people to be able to fight Chaos (and then select your party from those 25), but for future ones, it's just four bosses with CMs for however many you can do without 'resetting' your teams. 30 5* motes for one, 30 5* motes for two, 45 5* motes for three, 45 5* motes for four (so 150 5* motes total if you can clear all four with four different teams). Each stage is just 4 crystals (of 4 types).

Remember also that the fest Crystal Tower has a Normal and Hard version, and even Hard is only 140 difficulty level, so slightly sub-Ultimates. You're also not locked for RWs for fest Crystal Tower, but are locked (Wall) for the future ones.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/09/20/ffrkcentral-to-shut-down-by-end-of-month
    Hello everyone.

While it probably won’t be a huge surprise to most of you, I wanted to make an official announcement. FFRKCentral will be shutting down on September 30th.

Long story short, I just don’t play the game anymore. I haven’t opened it in over 2 weeks and have absolutely no desire to do so.

Since I expect this question will come at some point, I do not plan on open sourcing the site code. There's just no point to it. The combination of DeNA killing the account transfer feature and all the new game features and mechanics have pretty much made a great part of this site useless. If you need to grab any data from the site, I suggest you do it sooner rather than later.

I'll make another blog post later this week with a little more info on the site backend and history, and to do an official farewell. Until then, feel free to email me at ffrkcentral@gmail.com if you have any question/comment.

Thanks!
    That sucks. I thought his site was by far the best place to look up certain kinds of info.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    But but roaming warrior search.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

13 hours until (Un)Lucky Draws start, right?
    Should be a little under 5 hours left.

Those of you about to pull Ceodore/11, we salute you.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Spectrum wrote: »
    13 hours until (Un)Lucky Draws start, right?
    Should be a little under 5 hours left.

Those of you about to pull Ceodore/11, we salute you.

Hey, don't jinx me.

Now I might not get Ceodore's sword.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    For RW searching, switch to;

https://friends-ffrk.rhcloud.com/

You can filter by realm synergy and see if the RW has 1/2 elemental boost items equipped.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Shock and Awe has gotten Bismarck to reliably sub 30! It does often involve one member dying, but it is the fifth slot that is literally just there to cast RW, magicite, and do a little chip damage along the way. I am still super annoyed that Lightning's OSB does that dumb scaling thing. Under ideal circumstances she just loses 6k off the first hit, and caps everything after meaning there is no benefit. How frustrating.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I hate going 1/11 on lucky draws, but Ceodore's relic is one of the ones I would like to have (not super want, but would like) from the list. Of course they could be jerks and remove it since he isn't strictly a healer, but that sounds like more effort than DeNA would want to put into it.

Mostly I want to have a better option for my fourth healer, as right now that likely falls to Relm with her hi-regen SSB. Clearly Legendary Y'shtola is #1, then the next three slots are between stock HP SSB Yuna, instant pblink Arc and hi-regen Relm. One of those teams would likely have dancing BSB Penelo for backup/support on a mage team.

steam_sig.png
    I hate going 1/11 on lucky draws, but Ceodore's relic is one of the ones I would like to have (not super want, but would like) from the list. Of course they could be jerks and remove it since he isn't strictly a healer, but that sounds like more effort than DeNA would want to put into it.

Mostly I want to have a better option for my fourth healer, as right now that likely falls to Relm with her hi-regen SSB. Clearly Legendary Y'shtola is #1, then the next three slots are between stock HP SSB Yuna, instant pblink Arc and hi-regen Relm. One of those teams would likely have dancing BSB Penelo for backup/support on a mage team.

Yeah, I have my Crystal Tower party splits mostly worked out but I'm down to SSB healers for the last two parties (and dancing Penelo is #3). However, I compensate for that by putting Garnet w/ BSB2+SSB2 and Rapha BSB on those parties to help with spot healing. I wouldn't consider that ideal so getting a couple more healer BSBs to take the load off is what I want.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    @azith28 so we've been chatting a ton on the last few pages 'cause the festival banners got datamined. What's your favorite FF and/or who's your favorite character?

Ohh...hard question... humm. The ones that stand out the most in my memories are FF2,ff3 (US versions) and FF9. I'll probably keep Pecil, if i need a mage, vivi , for general wifuness..Rydia, Garnet, Tifa. Clouds okay i guess.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Barring shenanigans Dissidia shouldn't change much, if it does at all, unless they just randomly decide to take the Chain off and fuck us again.

Gabranth USB
    Garland CSB
    Sephiroth BSB2
    Gabranth BSB
    Kuja BSB
    Jecht BSB
    Gabranth LMR
    Garland LMR
    Kuja LMR
    Garland SSB2
    Kuja SSB2
    Jecht SSB2

Crystal Tower we don't know yet if that's changing (specifically Echo BSB is questionable).

I'd like that CSB just because of how many people I have who can take advantage of it, but otherwise don't know if I want to pull here. I don't care about the SSBs, the LMRs look...moderately okay but not amazing, and I've already got Gabranth and Jecht's BSBs (the former of which is the "prize" of the two because it does imperil even if it doesn't do much damage).

Thanks!

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I've gotten Bismarck to sub-33s times, but I'm not sure how to get it any lower without making a second Powerchain.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Fry thanks for the write-ups for banners. How'd you do them so quickly?

He's a spoony bard.

- I spent way more of my day than I probably should have on it
    - Most of the items I've already covered before, so I already have an opinion I was rehashing
    - I didn't put as much thought into the new item ratings as they might merit. Firion USB might be better than I gave it credit for, for instance
    - Mostly I was just reporting what everything did, there isn't much coherent analysis at the end

Reminding myself of the details of that many bursts and burst commands was mentally taxing, my brain was pretty melted afterward. And there's new banners tomorrow for VI, hooray?!

When does zack get his legend dive? With Shellie on the next seven event? When is the next seven event anyways?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I made the mistake of going through the banners and categorizing everything by what I'd actually use it for if I had it/sorting them by most wanted.
    parens = improvement, but only incremental or not significant

Banner 1
    Maria BSB -- Mag Earth
    OK BSB -- Gen
    Desch BSB -- Mag Lit
    WoL USB -- CM
    Leila BSB -- CM
    WoL BSB -- CM
    Emperor BSB -- CM
    Garland BSB -- CM
    Matoya BSB -- CM
    Firion USB -- (CM)
    Luneth USB -- (CM)
    OK OSB -- (CM)
    Firion BSB -- DUPE
    Ingus BSB -- DUPE

Banner 2
    Terra USB -- Mag Fire
    Celes BSB2 -- (Gen)
    Bartz BSB3 -- Phys Earth
    Rosa BSB -- CM
    Ceodore BSB -- CM
    Faris USB1 -- CM
    Relm BSB -- (CM)
    Locke BSB -- CM
    Rydia BSB -- CM
    Pecil USB -- (CM)
    Famed Mimic Gogo BSB (FFV) -- (Mag Water)
    Mog BSB -- DUPE
    Golbez BSB -- DUPE
    Bartz USB -- DUPE

Banner 3
    Squall BSB2 -- Phys Ice
    Zell BSB -- Phys Fire
    Rinoa BSB2 -- Mag Ice
    Edea BSB -- Mag Ice
    Zidane USB -- CM
    Zidane BSB2 -- CM
    Squall USB -- (Phys Ice)
    Cloud USB -- DUPE
    Sephiroth OSB -- DUPE
    Cloud BSB2 -- DUPE
    Sephiroth BSB2 -- DUPE
    Eiko BSB -- DUPE
    Garnet BSB -- DUPE
    Cid BSB -- nil

Banner 4
    Rikku USB -- Gen
    Ayame BSB -- Phys Ice
    Shantotto USB -- (Mag Lit/Gen)
    Tidus USB - Phys Water
    Ashe BSB -- Mag Lit
    Reks BSB -- CM/Gen
    Aphmau BSB -- CM
    Curilla BSB -- CM
    Vaan USB -- (Gen)
    Auron BSB2 -- (CM)
    Balthier BSB2 -- (CM)
    Seymour BSB -- DUPE
    Vaan BSB -- DUPE
    TINY BEE -- nil

Banner 5
    Lightning USB -- Phys Lit
    Papalymo BSB -- Mag Fire
    Yda BSB -- Phys Fire
    Alphinaud USB -- (Mag Wind)
    Noctis USB -- (CM)
    Gladiolus BSB -- (CM)
    Hope BSB2 -- (CM)
    Noctis BSB -- (CM)
    Minfilia BSB -- (CM)
    Raines OSB -- nil
    Alphinaud BSB -- DUPE
    Nabaat BSB -- DUPE
    Raines BSB -- DUPE
    Iris BSB -- DUPE

Banner 4 is still pretty solid, but banner 2 would be more about improving FF4 synergy with really great off-prizes in the big FF6 stuff. It's hard to break into my general A team since I have really great supports (well, off-support) so I rarely run more than one or two elemental dudes at a time. Blargh. This happens every fest.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    38thDoe wrote: »
    When does zack get his legend dive? With Shellie on the next seven event? When is the next seven event anyways?

According to the Spreadsheet of Doom, Zack got his legend dive in Japan during Episode: Magicite, which is when the Magicite dungeons opened up, but it is listed on the subreddit as part of the Super Fest update which was skipped in global. So we have no idea when Zack (or Locke for that matter) will get their legend dives.

-edit- To be clear, Episode: Magicite and Super Fest were concurrent, so basically he got his with the mini-fest that accompanied the release of the magicite dungeons, along with Locke.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    All those pulling tomorrow, good luck!

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular

Gabranth USB
    Garland CSB
    Sephiroth BSB2
    Gabranth BSB
    Kuja BSB
    Jecht BSB
    Gabranth LMR
    Garland LMR
    Kuja LMR
    Garland SSB2
    Kuja SSB2
    Jecht SSB2

I'd like that CSB just because of how many people I have who can take advantage of it, but otherwise don't know if I want to pull here. I don't care about the SSBs, the LMRs look...moderately okay but not amazing, and I've already got Gabranth and Jecht's BSBs (the former of which is the "prize" of the two because it does imperil even if it doesn't do much damage).

Thanks!

Amazing how the celebration and Dissidia banners seem to have gone out of their way to pick relics I already have. Something like 1/6/8/4/3 on the fest, and I've got five dupes on Dissidia, including all four of the BSBs.

edited September 2017
    38thDoe wrote: »

According to the Spreadsheet of Doom, Zack got his legend dive in Japan during Episode: Magicite, which is when the Magicite dungeons opened up, but it is listed on the subreddit as part of the Super Fest update which was skipped in global. So we have no idea when Zack (or Locke for that matter) will get their legend dives.

-edit- To be clear, Episode: Magicite and Super Fest were concurrent, so basically he got his with the mini-fest that accompanied the release of the magicite dungeons, along with Locke.

So he's on team bard mote/mog record sphere? Wonderful.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Mog'll get his record dive when his LMR comes out!

...In the Bra*Bra mini-event.

...Never...

ztrEPtD.gif
    Cleared out all the iv torments but no cid missions. Would really love those notes but I don't see it happening. Forgot to bring a holy attack to the jump start but managed to walk away with mastery anyways.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    So I've been thinking about post-Orbfest when I will hopefully have most of my Magicite leveled, and I can think about optimized combinations of Main and Sub Magicite for team building for high end content.

Based on these three posts from Reddit (and Enlir's spreadsheet), the basic gist seems to be to favor +damage Magicite passives over defensive ones. Which Ultra Magicite Skill you take depends on your needs for the fight, but there's a few that pull double duty (for example Enkidu provides an instant Medica, as well as Magic and Wind Boosts, so he does triple duty).

Specifically, stacking three +ATK or +MAG, as well as three +Element passives is the sweet spot. If you can't fit 6 passives, favor +ATK or +MAG if you're below the soft cap, or +Element if you're above the soft cap.

Notes on Magicite by element:

Fire.) Mom Bomb provides +ATK and +Fire, as well as Imperil Fire as an Ultra Magicite Skill. An all star, you might even want two at level 99
    Salamander provides +Fire and +Crit damage, which is only useful if you have a a Crit Boost >=50% already.

Ice.) Wendigo provides +MAG and +Ice, as well as Imperil Ice as an Ultra Magicite Skill. Another all star you probably want two at level 99
    Taharka is another option for +Ice, though its other passive is a minor defensive buff

Wind.) Enkidu provides +MAG and +Wind, and an instant 40% Medica as its Ultra Magicite Skill. Yadda yadda, two copies at 99
    Wind Raptor also provides +Wind, but its other passive, +Cast Speed, doesn't do anything because it gets rounded down in the formula for the buff

Earth.) Shell Dragon provides +Earth and has Imperil Earth as its Ultra Magicite Skill. Its other passive is +Def, which doesn't do a lot
    Sand Worm also provides +Earth. Its second passive is +Health, which is probably the least bad defensive passive. Could be good filler for a Mage team sub-Magicite filler

Lightning.) Enlil provides +ATK and +Lightning. Its Ultra Magicite Skill is defensive (+Water resist) but its base ATK is higher than Mom Bomb, so two copies is probably still a good idea, since it's a great sub-Magicite
    Humbaba provides +Lightning and +Crit chance. This is better than +Crit damage in general. If you have Crit=50%, one copy of Salamander is better than a second copy of Humbaba. If you have Crit=100% (Cloud USB), this is obviously useless, since your chance to crit can't go higher than 100%.
    Hydra has two defensive passives (+RES and Dampen Lightning), but its Ultra Magicite Skill is Imperil Lightning, so it's a contender for Main Magicite

Water.) Water is a defensive element in general. Enki and Bottomswell both provide +Water, with the former +MND and the latter Spell Ward as their second passives, neither of which is super helpful.
    For Ultra Magicite Skills, Enki provides Fire resist, while Bismarck provides instant Fire Blink (and two defensive passives). I use Bismarck personally for my Liquid Flame kills, but I haven't tried Enki out yet. YMMV.

Farm list:
    2 copies of Mom Bomb, Wendigo, Enkidu, and probably Enlil.
    1 copy of Salamander, Shell Dragon, Sand Worm, Hydra and Humbaba
    1 copy each of Enki and Bottomswell, or 2 of one or the other, doesn't much matter

When picking Ultra Magicite skills, for the most part you're either going with Imperil Element, Enkidu for the instant Medica, or possibly an Element Blink.

When picking passives, consider if you have a mixed offense (in which case pick one each of a +ATK and +MAG passive), or if you're all in on +ATK or +MAG.
    Same thing with element choices. A mixed element team gets more benefit from the first of each different +Element passive, while a single element team gets a a bigger bonus from multiple of the same +element, albeit with diminishing returns

Example 1: Building a physical Fire team for Sealion
    Main: Mom Bomb (Imperil Fire, +ATK, +Fire)
    Sub: Mom Bomb (+ATK, +Fire), Enlil (+ATK), Humbaba (+Crit chance), Salamander (+Fire, +Crit damage)

Note in this example since the Mom Bombs serve multiple roles, you have an extra slot for Humbaba. This team would also benefit from a Crit fix effect, to get extra damage out of Salamander's 2nd passive.

Example 2: Building a magic Fire team for Sealion
    Main: Mom Bomb (Imperil Fire, +Fire)
    Sub: Mom Bomb (+Fire), Salamander (+Fire), Wendigo (+MAG), Enkidu (+MAG)

Things are bit tighter space wise in this example. You can only get three +Fire and two +MAG effects, and no extra effects.

Example 3: Building a magic Ice team for Fenrir
    Main: Wendigo (Imperil Ice, +MAG, +Ice)
    Sub: Wendigo (+MAG, +Ice), Taharka (+Ice), Enkidu (+MAG), Sand Worm (+Health)

Wendigos pull double duty here, allowing for triple +MAG and +Ice, and an extra slot for +Health for squishy mages, since they can't benefit from crit fixing or bonus crit damage.

Example 4: Building a magic Lightning team for Bismarck
    Main: Hydra (Imperil Lightning)
    Sub: Enlil (+Lightning), Humbaba (+Lightning), Wendigo (+MAG), Enkidu (+MAG)

You can see how a lot of the passives are going to waste here, compared to the benefits a physical Lightning team would get.

I'm curious to see if my clear times come down at all for Magicite bosses when I have fully optimized Magicite teams at 99. We'll see post-Orbfest, I suppose.

E: Someone wrote up a bunch of optimized set ups, if you want to peruse.

silence1186 on
    Obligatory: You need relevant elemental damage for Magicites to help you : (

Also for all those people who have sick NE teams or something who aren't getting much from this.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Shock and Awe has gotten Bismarck to reliably sub 30! It does often involve one member dying, but it is the fifth slot that is literally just there to cast RW, magicite, and do a little chip damage along the way. I am still super annoyed that Lightning's OSB does that dumb scaling thing. Under ideal circumstances she just loses 6k off the first hit, and caps everything after meaning there is no benefit. How frustrating.

Yo uh what's your setup

This discussion has been closed.