As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can Anyone Solve This? three beeping sounds?

jamie6747jamie6747 Registered User new member

This is really annoying, I keep hearing three beeping sounds from outside. It happens every 5 minutes and i cant sleep because of it. I know its not my car or the car next door so maybe a burglar alarm? It sounds like its from the house just to the left of us. also its louder when im up upstairs and kind of dim downstairs. Its a simple three fast beeps.

This is it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9P95jt66s

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    3 beeps is usually smoke/CO alarm

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it sounds like the sound my smoke alarm was making to tell me it needed to be replaced.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Yeah depending on the model it can be a malfunctioning sensor or the battery needs to be replaced.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • jamie6747jamie6747 Registered User new member
    Kind of strange the neighbors have not done anything about it.

Might be muffled by the floors.

You should let them know their smoke alarm is malfunctioning.

• jamie6747jamie6747 Registered User new member
    bowen wrote: »
    Might be muffled by the floors.

You should let them know their smoke alarm is malfunctioning.

My guess is they are waiting for someone to come out and fix it because if i can hear it from my room that is quite close to there house then i dont see how the people next door cant hear it to. maybe i should just wait a few days?

• CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Not everyone is bothered by faint beeping. My husband always sleeps through those "battery out" alarm sounds, but they drive me crazy. Tell them nicely.

In the meantime, put a white noise sound on your phone to cover it up.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea definitely a smoke alarm battery

camo_sig.png
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Maybe they're not home, or they don't happen to have 9v batteries on hand, or it's way up on a vaulted ceiling.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    So this happened to me and a duplex neighbor. We both thought each of us was at fault and went into a near murderous rage. Then we discovered that the cellar had one and the alarm was permeating throughout the entire house. Try checking common spaces!