As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Beasteh wrote: Β»
    Gnizmo wrote: Β»
    Shock and Awe has gotten Bismarck to reliably sub 30! It does often involve one member dying, but it is the fifth slot that is literally just there to cast RW, magicite, and do a little chip damage along the way. I am still super annoyed that Lightning's OSB does that dumb scaling thing. Under ideal circumstances she just loses 6k off the first hit, and caps everything after meaning there is no benefit. How frustrating.

Yo uh what's your setup

IIRC Lightning USB and OSB or BSB2, Orlando OSB, Ramza Shout and Entrust Bot, OK VoF and Entrust Bot some kind of healer I think Relm USB for party Insta-cast.

silence1186 on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Should be 1 hour to go. Anyone else staying up?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Close! Lightning Lifesiphon, LM1+2, USB+OSB with Battleforged
    Ashe Chain Thundaga, BSB, Gathering Storm
    OK Entrustbot, BSB, MakoMight
    Ramza Entrustbot, LM1+2, USB, Dr. Mog's Teaching
    Y'shtola Shelga+Curaja, LM1+2, BSB, Ace Striker
    Magicite: Enkidu + Enlil, Hydra, random garbage

Lightning spends the first 4 turns Lifesiphoning, Ramza Wraths first turn and USB second setting up a instant cast Lightning USB. Ashe casts RW, and Enkidu mid day through to buy time for Y'shtola to hit her first BSB. Sometimes Ashe dies, but to be honest she is entirely replaceable. The extra damage helps but isn't key. Lightning has +40% lightning damage from gear, and Ashe as +20. Ashe lives long enough to at least cast BSB once doesn't need to stay up longer than that.

Gnizmo on
    What would you say is the key part of that? Lightning having USB to actually be able to cast fast enough? Ramza having USB to also help enable that? OK being a 30/30 who can Entrust? Or it needs all those parts together to work?

The fact that you're effectively doing that with Ashe as filler is kind of silly. You could be using Kain or Reno or any arbitrary physical dps and do slightly better, not that it matters. Or now that I look at it, you could have Rikku USB.

Lightning's capping OSB, right? Or close enough to count? Having enough boost/element buffs to do that with Battleforged probably helps a ton.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    It's lucky healer time, let's go and best of luck to y'all!

2/11: Aphmau BSB x 2.

Not a dupe, and can't say no to healing plus mag/mind boost. A bit too similar to Yuna's BSB2 but it's usable.

Alt account, 5/11! Holy cow! Aerith, Relm, Lenna, Arc, Larsa. I had 0 healing aside from a shared relic from KC2, now the alt account is ready to get into some trouble!

All right DeNA, you fucking owe me. You know it. I know it. I've helped pay enough for your new boats that you have to throw me a bone here.

1txKbpil.png

Okay. Don't get my hopes up. That could still be Ceodorex4/11.

Am I getting my hopes up?

xW286e9l.png

HELL YEAH

4/11: Larsa BSB, Eiko BSB(!), Relm BSB(!), Ceodore BSB(lol)

Second Astra and one that's actually useful, second last stand and one that's great, first party crit fix that I can actually really use, and top quality memes

Missed on all the MAG buff options somehow (including Deuce's busted one) but I'll take that. Hope that's not all my luck for the fest.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Vanille and Aphmau/11. I'll take it.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I made a bad decision and got rewarded

Larsa/Aerith/Iris

PS. Ceodore's BSB is actually really good

Beasteh on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I will not tolerate any more disparagement of Ceodore's BSB! Lifesiphon-able medicas are pretty good! Plus ST damage with a 25% ally heal is a great C1!

(I'm totally going to go Ceodore/11 after all this).

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Vanille dupe and Aphmau... which is a Sage Shout with a Summon Strike style mechanic? Wooo, that looks like a rather offensive WHM

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    1/11, Lenna BSB.

Whatever, it's fine I guess. CM-relevant on a character I like well enough. Also makes Hypothetical All WM Team even stupider if I ever need to do that for some reason (Vanille keeps capping with her two hits).

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Thanks to the mythril spreadsheet, I did some math and realized that skipping the healer lucky wouldn't really help me in terms of not having to spend gems on a third fest banner pull

So I went ahead and did it and miraculously came away with 3 hits, none of which were dupes: Wizer Rod, Staff of the Magi and Princely Raiment (which, along with Iris' BSB, was one of two grand prizes in this banner for me)

All in all a damn solid result for me

I guess this is yet more evidence that healers are the only units where my luck is consistently solid

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    3/11 no dupes

Lenna, Rosa and Vanille.

I was really hoping for Relm or Eiko but still a solid draw.

• biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    4/11
    Ceodore, aphmau x 2, lenna (dupe)

Not too bad.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    3/11 dupe
    now i have a 8* hamelin, 8* choco brush and 6* Wizer rod
    gdi

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    rip

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    3/11: Aerith (dupe), Relm, Sarah BSBs

Pretty happy with that. Was hoping to get Larsa's or Iris's bursts, but both Relm and Sarah were on the list of ones I'd be okay with getting.

...or I would be happy with that, but Sarah's has not appeared in my inventory. I've double checked a few times now, so I don't think I'm just blind.

sarahs bsb is a robe

Beasteh wrote: Β»
    sarahs bsb is a robe

Wow, yes, okay. I'm stupid, we're good.

Amazingly it wasn't that I wasn't looking in my armor section, but rather I upgraded that immediately without even thinking about what it was, and still thought I should have a harp or something for her. I should go back to bed.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Porom, Aeris and Deuce, the last of which is a dupe

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't usually pull on these since I have ysh and eiko BSB which are both great. The sudden change to cid missions and crystal tower force me to pull.
    I am a statistic. Ceodore BSB x 2/11.
    Well my crystal tower viability is still 2/4.
    I regret pulling.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Healer Burst lucky draw results. 3/11...
    jppfukbbvrtd.png

There were 4 bursts I was eyeing as wants off the banner: Ceodore (not necessarily for the healing, but because I love FFIV in general), Iris (daddy's first status blink), Vanille and Larsa. Getting two out of the four feels great. Y'sh's burst is a dupe, but I'll gladly take a 6* hat.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I was 3/18 going in, and I'm 4/18 now; got a single rainbow with four underachiever yellows.

It was Arc, though, so it's new at least. A little boring, but FF3 is one of the realms I didn't have a Medica for, so I'm happy enough. I'll take my 4/11s tomorrow and Saturday, please =)

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Everyone getting great results.

Meanwhile?

1/11: Penelo's Evanescence. (8 random WHM holy attacks, Cura Medica, small MAG/MND buff to party. Cmd1 is 4 WHM holy hits and small self MND buff. Cmd2 is Cure Medica)

Is it a dupe? No. is it good? Of course; it's still a healer burst. Will I use it? I find it hard to say "yes".

Yes, it is a Sage boost. However, I have one such boost from Mog, and another on Serah. And both of those are Moderate strength, so they would be overridden by Penelo's smaller buff. And those two provide Hastega at the same time.

Maybe there's some sort of "everyone attacks" Holy team I can put together with her, Ovelia, and Agrias.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm a bit underwhelmed by my pull; since I already have Deuce's burst, and I've got both Aeris' and Rosa's USB, so I don't know how much use I'll be getting out of this

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    2/11 Yuna and dupe aerith

one new healer BSB aint bad, I wish it was for VI though....

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    In other news, I have finally beaten all of the magecite dungeons but Hydra is the only one I've gotten under 30 seconds.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    2/11 - Double dupe Healer Circlet.

I only had three items on the banner, so it's pretty impressive I didn't manage to get ahead.

Lucky Draws tend to be despair inducing, let's see...

4/11 what?!

Vanille, Eiko, Yuna2, and Aerith? Holy snikes, NONE of them are dupes?! And three are top tier?

What is this feeling?

Joy? It burnsss uss! (Side note: are PA comics too big to directly inline? I don't want to tempt an infraction).

In all likelihood, I blew the load of luck on this draw. Incoming Dupe/11 on the next two Lucky Draws, the ones with 6* items. Ha... sigh. I can't just let myself be happy. Be happy for me!

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    2/11: no dupes, Iris and Vanille bursts!

My first astra, and the other best burst in the game! I've already got Ysh'tola's, this is pretty great!

Hm.

Team of Agrias, Raines, Ramza, Ovelia, Penelo, RW Wall, Magicite Enkidu.

There might be a team there. I may want to Legend Dive Ramza for it, though.

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Dupe/11. At least Relm's BSB is now 8*. Better luck tomorrow!

Daffydd on
  • ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    4/11: Arc, Ceodore, Vanille, Iris, and not a dupe among them!

ff7007 on
    PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
    Divine Twist with both the Burst entry and Divine Twist buffs, plus a +Holy rove, against an enemy with 1.5 Imperil holy, at level 80; 2300 damage per hit.

Starting to think Penelo isn't going to be anything close to doing proper DPS with this BSB

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Okay newbie here. I have no idea what im doing.
    Am i doing this right?
    Did lucky pull 1 :
    2 rainbows :

(2/11)
    Nirvana (Lenna?)
    Staff of the Magi, (Arc?)

So does that mean i need to equip the nirvana on lenna until it 'levels up' then the soul break becomes its own item and usable on other people? or is it always only for lenna to use?
    I assume this is good since its a party re-raise.
    Yellows were cat claws, crystal sword, ten gallon hat, golden shield, flame male mail, magus robe..

EDIT: apparently the male was not flaming. only experimenting.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    You can Upgrade the 5* items to level 20 by feeding them Scarletite/Adamantite. This just boosts the stats of the item.

You can Learn the SBs on the items by equipping them to their characters and taking those characters into battle such that they gain EXP. Eggs don't work for this. After gaining enough EXP, they'll Master the SB, gain a permanent stat boost, and then they can use the SB without having the item equipped. This allows you to wear synergy gear when you use them in other realms.

azith28 wrote: Β»
    Okay newbie here. I have no idea what im doing.
    Am i doing this right?
    Did lucky pull 1 :
    2 rainbows :

(2/11)
    Nirvana (Lenna?)
    Staff of the Magi, (Arc?)

So does that mean i need to equip the nirvana on lenna until it 'levels up' then the soul break becomes its own item and usable on other people? or is it always only for lenna to use?
    I assume this is good since its a party re-raise.
    Yellows were cat claws, crystal sword, ten gallon hat, golden shield, flame male, magus robe..

Anyone who can use staves can use it regardless, and if Lenna equips it, it will give her access to the Burst Soul Break. If she uses it enough and masters it, then she will be able to use that soul break even when that staff isn't equipped (and will also get a small permanent stat boost).

Hahaha.

No extra rewards today.

Enjoy that 1 Bard Mote we got yesterday.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So, no, just the one bard mote then.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

Enlong wrote: Β»
    Hahaha.

No extra rewards today.

Enjoy that 1 Bard Mote we got yesterday.

Lol I forgot to check for more today. What the hell.

This discussion has been closed.