As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Infractions and Bans

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Mr Khan was jailed for posting an inline 3MB gif.

We're still serious about that!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2017
    Elki was warned for this.
    Gator is banned. He had opinions to share in a thread, about who shouldn't be posting in it.

august on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Atomika got jailed for posting a 1+MB gif.

JoeUser was infracted for posting a tweet without following the guideline provided today, by me.

• Options
    Kamar and Gnome-Interruptus were infracted for off-topic dickery in the Foreign Policy thread. Don't do this, and don't respond to it either. The report button is right there.

• Options
    TryCatcher was infracted for breaking the twitter rule. Gnome-Interruptus was warned for meta-modding.

• Options
    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot is jailed for posting a very large gifv. Triple check your image sizes before posting guys n gals.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    RiemannLives and Ludious were infracted for dickery in chat.

Panda4You was infracted for contentless posting.

CaptainMarcus was infracted for failing to live up to our standards of discourse.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Panda4You has been banned for a continued pattern of uselessness.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Jacobkosh was warned for this.
    After time away from the forums and going through the appeals process, Henroid is unbanned. As always, forumers who return from a permanent ban are held to a higher standard from that point forward.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Handgimp was infracted for a little-to-no-substance post in a politics thread.

• Options
    OntheLastCastle has been banned by request.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Recent infractions summarized:

Anti-Climacus was infracted twice for off topic posting.

TryCatcher was infracted for off topic posting and context-less tweet in a politics thread.

GabrielPitt was infracted for edict breaking.

cursedking was infracted for an off topic and unhelpful post in a politics thread.

Duke 2.0 was infracted for advocating for killing people (even in a joking manner this is not okay in politics threads).

august was warned for dumping context-less tweets into a politics thread.

Let's do better this week, please.

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Elki was warned for this.
    Harry is jailed for bringing some dumb thing into chat from an on-topic thread.

AustinP0027 on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Organichu has requested a temporary ban.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    So It Goes was warned for this.
    This hasn't been updated in a while. Here's generally what infractions have occurred lately:

- doomsaying/nihilist posts.
    - tweets without proper context. You must identify the person whose tweet you are quoting (unless it is Trump or a well known congressperson), and add commentary. If a tweet is a guy tweeting a screenshot picture of a news story online, consider just linking the damn news story itself.
    - we do not tolerate advocating for the death of political figures. this includes joking about it. don't push it.

Some advice to keep us sane:

If you are in a fast moving thread and about to reply to something, save a draft and read to the end of the thread so that you can see all possible mod posts in the thread and judge whether your reply is appropriate.

Tube on
  • Options
    Organichu is jailed for posting a penis (not his).

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Recent stuff:

Giggles was infracted for off topic posting. Pay attention to mod statements in threads.

Knight and fightinfilipino were infracted for doomsaying/nihilism.

Viskod was warned for posting a link without context/commentary.

Anit-Climacus was infracted for edict violation and is now banned on points.

simulacrum on
  • Options
    Houn has been kicked from the chat thread until further notice for a pattern of doomsaying and general unpleasantness in posting. The chat thread is a privilege afforded to valued, positive contributors, not a cosmic right, and while it's the one place in D&D without an expectation of topicality our standards for conduct are that much more stringent.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    General summary of infraction issues in recent weeks:

- telling other posters "fuck you" is not okay. If you are getting heated in a thread, take a break. Also pay attention when a mod tells you to knock it off or take it down a notch. It is your responsibility to read through a thread and follow mod directives when posting.
    - personal attacks on other posters do not further discussion. Bringing up a poster's post history like it's some sort of trump card angers the mod-dragons.
    - the no nihilism/doomsaying rule remains in effect, and has been enforced more in the past week. Nobody is saying bad things aren't happening, but nihilistic proclamations do not further discourse.
    - check your gif images sizes, then double check them.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Ludious has requested a self-ban.

• Options
    JihadJesus fantasized about the death of an elected official and has fallen to the Omega Effect.

220px-TheomegaeffectNG11.jpg

• Options
    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot has requested a temp ban.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I have begun to hand out more infractions for posting off topic (or replying to off topic posts) in on topic threads, as moderation posts don't seem to be having the intended effect.

It is your responsibility to read to the end of the thread and pay attention to mod posts. It is also your responsibility to look at a post you want to reply to, or a reply you've typed up, and if it's off topic - go ahead and hit the back button.

For those of you that end up cross-posting at the same time a mod has posted a moderation post in a thread, I appreciate you editing your posts to prevent further off-topicness from occurring.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Podly has requested a temp ban so he and the gang can work on his latest foolproof scheme.

ASM0eFn.png

BouwsT on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    21stcentury has been temp banned on points for unrelenting misery.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Shazkar Shadowstorm requested a brief temp ban.

Desert Leviathan on
  • Options
    Neco has requested a temp ban.

• Options
    REMINDER

Forumers are not to post about engaging in illegal activities.

• Options
    The forumer "JJ" was banned for making a shitty OP and having a shitty sig. It has been suggested by people more familiar with the poster that this is unusual behavior for them, and that perhaps they were hacked or have some other reason for their shittiness; if this is the case and the poster wishes to appeal the ban, they may contact an admin through the usual channels.

• Options
    After mod deliberation, Captain Marcus has been banned for making repeated racist and homophobic comments.

• Options
    DasUberEdward has been banned for sending abusive PMs to another user.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot has requested a temporary ban.

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2017
    Tube was warned for this.
    Sadgasm has a temporary ban on points for repeated unpleasantness that did not cease after a first warning

Neco on
  • Options
    kedinik has been temporarily banned by request.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Neco has requested a temp ban.

• Options
    Organichu was jailed and kicked from the prior chat thread, but apologized and is allowed back in chat now.

• Options
    Sadgasm is allowed back in the chat thread and is aware of the type of behavior that will get him kicked again.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    EdithUpwards is banned on points.

Lord Palington on
  • Options
    Tinwhiskers is banned on points.

• Options
    Sadgasm has been banned for a week due to a pattern of consistently, hyperbolically unpleasant posting.

This discussion has been closed.