As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Statistical probability then!

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So there's a chance tomorrow morning's Lucky Draw has Shadow/Setzer USBs, so I would hold off on pulling this evening and wait until after the Friday and Saturday morning Lucky Draws to be extra sure.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    15% is such an awkward buff number. All the teams im thinking of that use one are either ubderpowered or going overboard.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Okay, I got my 10 extra motes from Bahamut with a team of Fang/Zidane/Zell/OK/Arc. Unfortunately my only other III relic is Cloud of Darkness's endark SSB, so I don't see any universe where CM3 is possible. Which is a damn shame, because 173 spirit motes would have been way better than 163...the next relevant Jump Start won't get me anything. Maybe we'll get a few from the roulette or something.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    The only use I have come up with for Tyro's USB2 so far is for a Crystal Tower team that desperately needs a hastega, in which case you pair it with something like Minfilia's ATK/Last Stand SSB and call it a day.

steam_sig.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    There's definitely 5* motes in the roulette pool, I'm not sure how many but it's probably more than one apiece :rotate:

chrisnl wrote: »
    The only use I have come up with for Tyro's USB2 so far is for a Crystal Tower team that desperately needs a hastega, in which case you pair it with something like Minfilia's ATK/Last Stand SSB and call it a day.

I could cycle it with his OSB. But I also have Onion BSB. is an extra 30% to defenses worth the extra time and commitment, when Onion could be attacking, healing, or Entrusting?

Rius wrote: »
    There's definitely 5* motes in the roulette pool, I'm not sure how many but it's probably more than one apiece :rotate:

Japan had legend motes, not job motes in their roulette pool. 30 of each. Also 5 MC3 and 3 of each crystal.

steam_sig.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So there's a chance tomorrow morning's Lucky Draw has Shadow/Setzer USBs, so I would hold off on pulling this evening and wait until after the Friday and Saturday morning Lucky Draws to be extra sure.

Yeah. But I've gotta throw my dollar in the slot machine tonight.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

It's not a bad hastega for a Zack/Cloud bash brothers team, either.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    fuck this 250 is insane. bringing agrias and tgcid and if i go all out i can just barely kill shadow dragon in time but then i get turbostomped by golbez.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    If someone is bored and wants to work on creating any sort of Magicite team with https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/YueA#tab_soulstrikes available, and minimal 5*/6* abilities, I wouldn't complain.

OK so something that jumps out to me is that you have Alphinaud BSB and Fujin SSB + OSB. So I would consider something like this for Golem.

Rikku (USB) (Affliction Break + a meter builder, something like Quick Hit, Powerchain or Dash and Slash would be ideal, Dismissal as a budget option)
    Alphinaud (BSB) (hard to choose abilities here unfortunately, just anything you have enough hones of I guess)
    Fujin (SSB + OSB) (wrath works, wind ninja magic also works if you can hone the 5*)
    Selphie (BSB) (Faith + heal)
    Y'shtola (BSB) (Wrath + heal)

Selphie could be replaced by Serah, but there are no good options for Serah to do damage to Golem. Affliction Break is not truly necessary on Rikku, but could be useful if it reduces interrupts (I think it does that). Obviously you start the fight with Rikku using the USB and Selphie using the BSB. Y'shtola definitely wants Ace Striker, and Fujin might want it as well since she'll be relying on pure soul break spam to do damage. Alphinaud maybe would do well with Thunder God Mode to get him up and running with his BSB as soon as you can. Selphie uses Faith right before Alphinaud and Fujin get their damage started. This should let you beat Golem. Alternatively, replace Alphinaud with an entruster and give Fujin Tyro's +weakness RM and she should cap damage on elemental aura powered OSBs. Which route you take might depend on how much +Wind gear you have to spread between your DPS.

You can take the core of that team (Rikku, Selphie, Y'shtola) and apply it to Sealion. Terra (SSB + OSB) would replace Fujin and any support 5 would replace Alphinaud. I personally run Onion Knight (BSB), Ramza (Entrust), Y'shtola (BSB), Rapha (BSB) and Terra (SSB + OSB) and have gotten Sealion down in about 40s. No reason you can't do the same thing with the tools at hand. Alternatively you could bring Refia instead of an entrust bot and have her use her self-buffing capability to dish out the pain. Either way should work.

Similarly, against Hydra you could almost certainly replace Fujin/Terra with Rinoa and pump out elemental aura boosted OSBs.

Against Bismarck you could try something like Rikku, Minfilia (wrath, entrust and her ATK/last stand SSB), Y'shtola, Lightning (SSB + BSB2) and TGCid (OSB). Bars would be entrusted to Lightning so she could use her SSB then keep dropping the BSB2 for high damage imperils, while TGCid would just have double lifesiphon and trust in his Thunder God Mode to let him power out as many OSBs as possible.

Fenrir is going to be hard with only Squall's unique and Serah's BSB as options. I'm not coming up with a viable team composition off the top of my head.

Liquid Flame your best bet is ninja magic most likely. I'm not sure exactly how to set that up, but Edge and Fujin at least could contribute some nice damage, and probably Yuffie.

Anyway those are my thoughts, give some of them a try if you want!

Against Bismarck, I'd only give Lightning three bars total, including what she Lifesiphons. Two imperils and en-element is enough to let her cap any SB entries, and her BSB2 only has eight hits, while Orlandeau caps his OSB after one imperil. As long as you can shove two imperils in, whether via Lightning by herself or along with Hydra magicite, Orlandeau is the better Entrust target.

For Golem, I highly recommend honing Raging Storm to R3. With her SSB giving en-wind and a 30% damage RM it'll be close to capping.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    If someone is bored and wants to work on creating any sort of Magicite team with https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/YueA#tab_soulstrikes available, and minimal 5*/6* abilities, I wouldn't complain.

OK so something that jumps out to me is that you have Alphinaud BSB and Fujin SSB + OSB. So I would consider something like this for Golem.

Rikku (USB) (Affliction Break + a meter builder, something like Quick Hit, Powerchain or Dash and Slash would be ideal, Dismissal as a budget option)
    Alphinaud (BSB) (hard to choose abilities here unfortunately, just anything you have enough hones of I guess)
    Fujin (SSB + OSB) (wrath works, wind ninja magic also works if you can hone the 5*)

Selphie could be replaced by Serah, but there are no good options for Serah to do damage to Golem. Affliction Break is not truly necessary on Rikku, but could be useful if it reduces interrupts (I think it does that). Obviously you start the fight with Rikku using the USB and Selphie using the BSB. Y'shtola definitely wants Ace Striker, and Fujin might want it as well since she'll be relying on pure soul break spam to do damage. Alphinaud maybe would do well with Thunder God Mode to get him up and running with his BSB as soon as you can. Selphie uses Faith right before Alphinaud and Fujin get their damage started. This should let you beat Golem. Alternatively, replace Alphinaud with an entruster and give Fujin Tyro's +weakness RM and she should cap damage on elemental aura powered OSBs. Which route you take might depend on how much +Wind gear you have to spread between your DPS.

You can take the core of that team (Rikku, Selphie, Y'shtola) and apply it to Sealion. Terra (SSB + OSB) would replace Fujin and any support 5 would replace Alphinaud. I personally run Onion Knight (BSB), Ramza (Entrust), Y'shtola (BSB), Rapha (BSB) and Terra (SSB + OSB) and have gotten Sealion down in about 40s. No reason you can't do the same thing with the tools at hand. Alternatively you could bring Refia instead of an entrust bot and have her use her self-buffing capability to dish out the pain. Either way should work.

Similarly, against Hydra you could almost certainly replace Fujin/Terra with Rinoa and pump out elemental aura boosted OSBs.

Against Bismarck you could try something like Rikku, Minfilia (wrath, entrust and her ATK/last stand SSB), Y'shtola, Lightning (SSB + BSB2) and TGCid (OSB). Bars would be entrusted to Lightning so she could use her SSB then keep dropping the BSB2 for high damage imperils, while TGCid would just have double lifesiphon and trust in his Thunder God Mode to let him power out as many OSBs as possible.

Fenrir is going to be hard with only Squall's unique and Serah's BSB as options. I'm not coming up with a viable team composition off the top of my head.

Liquid Flame your best bet is ninja magic most likely. I'm not sure exactly how to set that up, but Edge and Fujin at least could contribute some nice damage, and probably Yuffie.

Against Bismarck, I'd only give Lightning three bars total, including what she Lifesiphons. Two imperils and en-element is enough to let her cap any SB entries, and her BSB2 only has eight hits, while Orlandeau caps his OSB after one imperil. As long as you can shove two imperils in, whether via Lightning by herself or along with Hydra magicite, Orlandeau is the better Entrust target.

For Golem, I highly recommend honing Raging Storm to R3. With her SSB giving en-wind and a 30% damage RM it'll be close to capping.

She's capping Raging Storm against Golem, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with damage with Selphie's BSB being so light on healing.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain

These are good points, though I wonder how much +Lightning gear it is assuming for Lightning and Orlandeau. I don't have Orlandeau's OSB so I am not super familiar with it, I just know that it is bonkers good.

For Golem sure Raging Storm R3 would be a good investment, but I was trying to avoid honing 5* abilities if possible outside of maybe Entrust, and Entrust can be used at R1 but it's nice having R2 for flexibility. I'm also not sure how many bars Minfilia would be able to entrust in that setup, as even with Ace Striker as her RM she still will want to maintain her SSB. Alternatively, Sazh could be used with his SSB if you prefer magic blink to last stand, and the same concern with number of bars to be thrown around remains.

Still, I think that Brody has the tools to definitely beat at least 4 of the magicite bosses, and could probably manage Liquid Flame with a ninja strategy though that may require a bit more honing than ideal.

steam_sig.png
    I think Ramza's USB has hurt my ability to make teams. It's like all I want to do these days is spam History's Truth, and so I keep trying to make teams that outsource Shout.

But if I'm grouping Ramza, Vaan, and a healer, that leaves very little room for stuff like Wall and DPS.

I'm starting to wonder if I just don't have the patience to do these fights. I think I'm going to try egging Fujin and Alph the rest of the way to 99 (they are at 90 each), and see if that gives me the last little bit I need.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    fuck this 250 is insane. bringing agrias and tgcid and if i go all out i can just barely kill shadow dragon in time but then i get turbostomped by golbez.

I did Beatrix BSB and Orlandu BSB for the 250. Put Cloud USB on both of them, and had Shout running. Cut down Golbez and the Dragon lickety-quick. I think my other characters were Tyro for Wall and someone (probably Relm BSB) on healing.

I'm starting to wonder if I just don't have the patience to do these fights. I think I'm going to try egging Fujin and Alph the rest of the way to 99 (they are at 90 each), and see if that gives me the last little bit I need.

You could always wait a few days to tackle golem after leveling Fujin and Alph in the festival if you wanted, and try one of the other ones like Hydra or Sealion.

Actually, looking at your list of accessories I think I see the problem. Without resist accessories the damage on some of these bosses can be almost impossible to deal with. I would suggest doing Sealion with a full back row party, it's the only one I have successfully cleared without using resist accessories, and it still sometimes goes south on me if I get unlucky.

DeNA really needs to give us another round of elemental resist accessories in the Fat Chocobo store.

steam_sig.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Crazy idea, I know, but what about if the Fat Chocobo shop had a permanent Accessory section so that people (read: new players) would be incentivized to farm greens and have something tangible to work towards.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    tfw you finally brainstorm up and figure out a team that you think has a good shot at getting sub30 on Golem...

...but then you realize that the new necessary character is only level 35. Argh.
    Aegis wrote: »
    Crazy idea, I know, but what about if the Fat Chocobo shop had a permanent Accessory section so that people (read: new players) would be incentivized to farm greens and have something tangible to work towards.
    Just let me fucking buy Job Motes from the Five Dooms. And all that Bard nonsense we'll never get.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I still have 0 Spellblade motes.

Characters
    I got all the job motes, and I'm pretty sure that the only 6* job mote skills I've ever used in a boss fight were Sky High and Aegis Strike. The skills are neat but honestly not really necessary.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I still have 0 Spellblade motes.

Which sucks, because Snowspell Strike is one of the best abilities in the game imo.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

I did Beatrix BSB and Orlandu BSB for the 250. Put Cloud USB on both of them, and had Shout running. Cut down Golbez and the Dragon lickety-quick. I think my other characters were Tyro for Wall and someone (probably Relm BSB) on healing.

I was trying Agrias OSB and Cid BSB but idk. I can probably make it work, I need more team practice.

aeNqQM9.jpg

You mean like they have in the Japanese version, where you can also purchase hero souls, memory crystals and memory crystal IIs? Let's not go crazy here. What next, putting Onion Knight motes (12 of them) into the Fat Chocobo store too? And yes, that is also a thing in the Japanese version.

steam_sig.png

You mean like they have in the Japanese version, where you can also purchase hero souls, memory crystals and memory crystal IIs? Let's not go crazy here. What next, putting Onion Knight motes (12 of them) into the Fat Chocobo store too? And yes, that is also a thing in the Japanese version.

:|

Characters
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

:|

Global and JP are different games.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Been having fun with magicites and torments the past few days. All torment 300CMs done. Only Hydra left in magicite. Check these nail biters.

FFIV Torment 300 CM - This was difficult.
    k8s57npgy59a.png

Definitely one of my closest runs. Last Stands were all used up. Had to egg Rubicante. Then the fire gauntlet bros got the job done. Of course el sayyid Raines did the majority of the work. Rube's fire imperil and fire magics were crucial all the same. Also made to sure to hit fire/ice/lightning all but once to avoid the paralyze attack.
    g7z603rsdj75.png
    gj4dvkme424m.png

Golem - Bartz USB & BSB1, Zack Hastega & Chain, Zidane imperil, Edge Haste/Blink/LaSt
    qmbnwao8buhs.png

Holeee shit. This was a blast. Had to retool the party a few times to before I hit this combo.

Edge had around 10 saves with Last Stand. Zack used haste, chain, chain. As you can see in the pic Last Stand had saved everyone a second previous. The 2nd wind chain was on the last pixel and Zack was out of bars. Bartz did a 3x snowspell strike followed by an 8 hit chase. The very last hit killed Golem. I swear he was half a second from another AoE.

Bartz multicasting capped snowspell strikes was not enough in my first few attempts. So I set out get Bartz's BSB1 cmd1 4hit to cap. LM2, LMR, +weakness dmg RM.
    Rosetta'd his dad's wind sword. Strapped on Ricard's +wind armor and interrupt resist accessory. With USB, BSB, 2x imperil, and chain up he was averaging per 38k BSB1 CMD1. That's without multicasts or chases.

Have enough black crystals for meltdown R3 now!
    edit: fixed images

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
    Wait, there's a timer in Torment dungeons?!

No, he just posted a picture of Golem twice.

• LuqLuq Registered User regular

No, he just posted a picture of Golem twice.

Actually I was using FFRKompanion on Android. It can add a timer. But yes I had the pictures screwed up for a few minutes.

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I am too nervous to use Kompanion's timer, since that's a code inject that might theoretically be detectable/bannable. Looking at the drops is read-only so it seems more likely to be safe.

edited September 2017
    I'm never gonna master Hydra.

I can't even believe that I ever beat it once.

The level of incoming damage is just insane, compared to the other magicites. It's as if the game is saying "do you have Last Stand and an R3 copy of Affliction Break? Good. That's the entrance fee to get to the starting line."

Enlong on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Managed another sub 30 tonight on Sea Lion

Refia/Squall/Ace/Onion/Rosa

Refia Meteor Crushes then siphons into BSB, bargains with command 2 and crits with command 1 until she does another entry for 8k per hit

Squall spams w-cast blazing twinstrike

Ace starts with USB and casts meltdown/valigarmanda

Onion casts vessel and protectga then casts chain firaga

Rosa shellgas then wraths USB

Everyone has ice resist and fire boost gear, magicite was mom bomb and a bunch of empower fire/attack boosts

Beasteh on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm killing Hydra with neither of those things.

And solo healing.

With no enEarth.

In under a minute.

With only two DPS.

And one of them is non-elemental.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    ArcTangent wrote: »

And solo healing.

With no enEarth.

What the fuck

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    What are you bringing to Hydra, Enlong?

edited September 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    I'm never gonna master Hydra.

I can't even believe that I ever beat it once.

The level of incoming damage is just insane, compared to the other magicites. It's as if the game is saying "do you have Last Stand and an R3 copy of Affliction Break? Good. That's the entrance fee to get to the starting line."

Huh I personally feel that Bismarck is more incoming damage than Hydra, mostly because he uses several different elements. At least with Hydra it is almost all lightning damage so you can prepare accordingly. I farmed up Hydra enough to get all the lightning magicites to 99 (without a drop tracker) with a team of Y'shtola, Rapha, Onion Knight, Maria and Rydia with times ranging from 45 to 55 seconds approximately. Survival wasn't really a problem even before I got Enkidu, and that's with like 1.25 healers (Rapha isn't quite half a healer with her 25% maxHP heal on her command).

-edit- I also do not have a copy of Affliction Break even at R1.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »

And solo healing.

With no enEarth.

What the fuck

GcRUkYgl.png
    Cloud USB
    Y'shtola BSB
    Bartz USB
    Dorgann BSB
    Ramza Shout

Was a little vulnerable to bad RNG, but got the job done ~75% of the time before Bartz was Legend Dived, and was even stronger after (probably ~45 sec clears now, depending on Bartz dualcasts and chases and such). Dorgann basically never uses Gaia Cross since I put him in the backrow. It's Wrath and BSB entry only for him.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Rius wrote: »
    What are you bringing to Hydra, Enlong?

The team that once cleared it (no mastery) was

Ingus: Gaia Cross/Lifesiphon, BSB
    Zell: Meteor Crush/Piercing Blow, BSB
    Ramza: Affliction Break/Phantasm, Shout
    Larsa: Shellga/Curada, BSB
    Yuna: Protectga/Curaja, Song for Spira/Miracle Veil.

People equipped variously with as much Lightning resist as I own (1 major accessory, 2 moderate accessories, 1 minor accessory, 2 minor light armors).

Affliction Break helped to delay my characters having 3 stacks of Imperil.

Recent attempts to master the fight and get the Summon crystals have involved such strategies as bringing in Rydia (BSB), with Mog or Penelo (BSB) boosting her whole Ramza juggles Shout and HT. Or using Minfilia for Boost and Last Stand, and Onion for haste, while Ramza spans History's Truth and Minfilia entrusts to Ingus.

Those attempts eventually ended with party-wide Thunderbolt for 9999

This discussion has been closed.