As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bruised looking stretch marks

callingaskarthcallingaskarth Registered User new member
I’m 14, and I’ve had stretch marks since 5th grade. Ive always had around 20 or so stretch marks on my thighs, but 2 days ago the stretch marks on my left thigh just turned a ugly reddish purple colour. I’ve bought coconut butter to treat the colour. They also have become itchy and every once in a while look bumpy and raised up. What’s wrong?

My left thigh
hihudh029boh.jpeg

My right thigh
f9wj9p45zu16.jpeg

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Since there is inflammation and itchiness along with welts possibly I would think it's an allergic reaction. I'm not a doctor though.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I agree it sounds like it might be some kind of allergic reaction, but just to be sure you should probably see a doctor. You could be getting a reaction if you've changed soaps that you use in the shower, or if you're using a new/different lotion or laundry detergent. Also, if you've bought new pants and haven't washed them before wearing them, sometimes they have some chemicals or fabric treatments left on them that can irritate your skin. Just some things that you might try looking into. If this continues, you can have a doctor look at it and give you a professional medical opinion.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Have you gone anywhere different lately, like on a hike or someone's home? That's the kind of question I would be asking myself in your situation.

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, defintly an allergic reaction. I've had stretchmarks on my gut for most of my adult life, but they never looked anything like that. Never itched either.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    This looks very, very similar (p much identicle) to something that I get sometimes from my thighs rubbing together when I walk a lot + get sweaty - a kind of friction-abrasion-heat-rash combo that makes my stretch marks turn an angry reddish purple and become raised bumps, itch, then scab a bit and eventually calm down after a few days to a week. (This happened a LOT MORE back when I shaved my thighs, btw)

Definitely check with a doctor to be sure it's not a reaction, but if you've been on a long sweaty run or walk recently that may be it, and if so it's totally normal! Coconut oil and a little neosporin over the worst bits + an effort to keep them dry and prevent them from rubbing against each other while they heal usually does the trick for me. I also have a kind of powder I got from Lush that smells like vanilla that I put on my thighs to prevent this from happening if I'm going out in the heat or working out and wearing shorts/a skirt.

Also it's worth noting, at 14 you're probably still getting new stretch marks here and there as you grow, and stretch marks generally start out a reddish color and eventually come closer to your skin tone as you age

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!