As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I'm killing Hydra with neither of those things.

And solo healing.

With no enEarth.

What the fuck

GcRUkYgl.png
    Cloud USB
    Y'shtola BSB
    Bartz USB
    Dorgann BSB
    Ramza Shout

Was a little vulnerable to bad RNG, but got the job done ~75% of the time before Bartz was Legend Dived, and was even stronger after (probably ~45 sec clears now, depending on Bartz dualcasts and chases and such). Dorgann basically never uses Gaia Cross since I put him in the backrow. It's Wrath and BSB entry only for him.

Well. That explains it. Stuff like Asylum, UCS, and Chosen Traveller would make my life easier, to be sure.

Enlong on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Hm. Maybe it was closer to 40 with legend dive.

This was my first clear, at 48, pre-legend dive and not doing (more) optimal things.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @Knight_ did you try entrusting to the cid with shout? That's how I did the 250. Cid used 9 or 10 sb to clear it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Knight_ did you try entrusting to the cid with shout? That's how I did the 250. Cid used 9 or 10 sb to clear it.

I brought entrust but I couldn't really use it because Ramza's meter was all occupied. I was bringing tyro as well but he was my dancer and wall guy. I'm sure I can beat it but I just haven't had time to bang on it really, and it's much harder than recent torments.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think I had a similar team but I went super slow so I could have lots of bars when I got there. I may not have brought dance on tyro. I think he had wrath entrust and ramza was full break entrust. Healer cid with lifesiphon lifesiphon and celes I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I beat the 250 Torment, but it was a mess.

TGCid 99 Full Charge/LS/OSB (One eyed general?)
    Firion 99 Hailstorm/LS/BSB (MM)
    Lion 8~ Dismissal/LS/USB/BSB (Ace Striker)
    Tyro 99 Armor Dance/Multibreak/Wall (Battleforged)
    Y'shtola 99 Something/Something else/BSB (DMT)

It really felt like just pounding a barely workable team through a hole they shouldn't have fit through.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    What are you bringing to Hydra, Enlong?

The team that once cleared it (no mastery) was

Ingus: Gaia Cross/Lifesiphon, BSB
    Zell: Meteor Crush/Piercing Blow, BSB
    Ramza: Affliction Break/Phantasm, Shout
    Larsa: Shellga/Curada, BSB
    Yuna: Protectga/Curaja, Song for Spira/Miracle Veil.

People equipped variously with as much Lightning resist as I own (1 major accessory, 2 moderate accessories, 1 minor accessory, 2 minor light armors).

Affliction Break helped to delay my characters having 3 stacks of Imperil.

Recent attempts to master the fight and get the Summon crystals have involved such strategies as bringing in Rydia (BSB), with Mog or Penelo (BSB) boosting her whole Ramza juggles Shout and HT. Or using Minfilia for Boost and Last Stand, and Onion for haste, while Ramza spans History's Truth and Minfilia entrusts to Ingus.

Those attempts eventually ended with party-wide Thunderbolt for 9999
    Do you have Alphinaud SSB? With that addition that would basically be my party except you actually have Earth damage. I don't see why you aren't mastering. How long does your clear take?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited September 2017
    Over a minute, when I do get a clear. It's absolutely not a sure thing.

Yeah. I do own Alphy's Deployment Tactics. Use him to replace one of the healers?

Enlong on

Yeah. I do own Alphy's Deployment Tactics. Use him to replace one of the healers?

Yeah. I was also over a minute but still mastered.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ya0w0CCBmk

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Definitely. Replace Yuna. He can spot heal to pick up what Larsa can't, and provides a party buff and DPS himself via Radiant Shield. He can also call your Magicite and refresh your wall at 30s.

edited September 2017
    Anyway, here's the Golem change I was musing over.

Current party:

Vanille - Curada/Protectga - BSB - Ace Striker
    Alphinaud - Curaja/Shellga - SSB - MM
    Fujin - Raging Storm - OSB, SSB - Wind +30% - LM2, LMR
    Ramza - Wrath/Entrust - doesn't matter - Battleforged - LM1, LM2
    Serah - Flare/Meltdown - SSB - DMT

2 MAG boosts from Alphinaud and Serah
    Fujin uses 4 Raging Storms, then starts OSBing. Sometimes does a filler Raging Storm at some point if meter didn't hold. Ramza entrusted on turn 4 and on turn 8 or so. This is anywhere between a 36-38s clear depending on RNG.

Idea:

Vanille - Curada/Shellga - BSB - Ace Striker
    Mog - Faith/Protectga - BSB - MM
    Fujin - Raging Storm - OSB, SSB - Wind +30% - LM2, LMR
    Ramza - Wrath/Entrust - doesn't matter - Battleforged - LM1, LM2
    Faris - Wrath/Entrust - doesn't matter - DMT - LMR

It will take Mog to turn 3 to get the Faith on Fujin.
    Fujin now should be able to Raging Storm twice only, then start OSBing. Faris entrusts 1 bar on turn 1, Ramza entrusts 1.5 bars on turn 4, Faris 1.6 bars on turn 6, Ramza again turn 6/7 and that should be enough.

Time wise...
    OSB is 1.65+2.5 = 4.15s
    6 OSBs to kill = 24.9s
    Raging Storm is 1.65+0.83 = 2.48s
    2 RS as filler = 4.96s

Combined = 29.86s

If she still caps with Faith instead of a 30% then perfect execution gets me there and a LM2 proc (57% chance) guarantees she can do it, assuming meter holds up. BUT I think she'll fall slightly short and not cap because of Faith being only 20%, so that means I need to have the LM2 proc in order to fit in another Raging Storm after the 6th OSB to finish things off and I should S/L if it doesn't happen.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Finally finished Celes' Record Materia! Get that sorta-lifesiphon!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    YES! Swapping in Alphinaud got me the mastery on Hydra! I keep forgetting how good Deployment Tactics can be; letting the boss blow himself up never gets old. Now I have the crystals needed to hone Valigarmanda to rank 3, if I so choose. Might be a good thing for Terra, Ashe, or Rinoa to carry.

And that's a mastery clear on every Magicite boss thus far.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF6-1 100 gem: 4*! Never getting Shadow USB! Got it! Still a bit high from my Lucky Draw 1, but guessing Lucky Draw 2 will fix that.

Data for posterity:
    14 misses in a row

15/137 lifetime

5/42 this batch

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2.

uhhh, so, i just 100 gemmed shadow's usb.

what do?

aeNqQM9.jpg
    YES! Swapping in Alphinaud got me the mastery on Hydra! I keep forgetting how good Deployment Tactics can be; letting the boss blow himself up never gets old. Now I have the crystals needed to hone Valigarmanda to rank 3, if I so choose. Might be a good thing for Terra, Ashe, or Rinoa to carry.

Even the Summon Crystals? I'm short there and that's not a job mote break. Must've just been some event I didn't manage to clear.

You may find it less useful on those three, anyway. Terra can carry Meltdown with more uses and Ashe and Rinoa's BSB commands should hit harder than 30k.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

what do?

Seriously consider Legend Diving him? At the very least, R2 Shadow Blink, R3 Shadow Extra Hits. Maybe even R4 eventually.

what do?

Spend 120 Dark, 72 Ice, 36 Power and 36 Wind Majors on R3'ing the two new Dark Ninja abilities (once you get the R1s on Sunday), that's what! Congrats =)

Actually I wonder, would R4/R2 be better? It's like not needing to R3 Memento Mori.

Spectrum wrote: »

Even the Summon Crystals? I'm short there and that's not a job mote break. Must've just been some event I didn't manage to clear.

You may find it less useful on those three, anyway. Terra can carry Meltdown with more uses and Ashe and Rinoa's BSB commands should hit harder than 30k.

Not sure who else to use it on, really. Maybe I can try putting Braska or Alphinaud on the Ice Chain team, carrying Valigarmanda and Curaja. Adding 3 hits to the chain should be decent enough for a turn.

And yeah, I have the summon crystals. Hydra was holding onto 10 of the 9 I needed.

what do?

Step 1: stop tempting me to start doing 100-gem pulls again.
    Step 2: get Shadow Embodied and Ancestral Reflection. Hone them (possibly skip Ancestral Reflection if you have another reliable source of multiple blinks, such as his Shadow Fang SSB).
    Step 3: Get some shadow clones active, turn on the USB, and spam Shadow Embodied for big damage. If you have any way to RW a Dark aura onto him, feel free.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Fuck yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh, got Shadow's USB on my first multi! I don't have his BSB, but I'm going to wait a few days to see how banners shake out. I also got Umaro's BSB, which seems kinda weird. Like, outside of Icicle Shot it's basically worthless.

Rius wrote: »

what do?

Spend 120 Dark, 72 Ice, 36 Power and 36 Wind Majors on R3'ing the two new Dark Ninja abilities (once you get the R1s on Sunday), that's what! Congrats =)

Actually I wonder, would R4/R2 be better? It's like not needing to R3 Memento Mori.

Actually, Shadow Embodied and Ancestral Reflection can be earned today. As usual, they're the rewards for the +++, not the U+ and A+. Also, I hear that the VI event's bonus battles are dropping on Monday.

Oh yeah; I usually don't do the bonus battles until I can do the ultimates too.

umaro's Snow Scarf is kind of funny to me.

WAAAAAAY back in the day, I got Mog's Heroic Scarf relic, and I assumed that THAT was meant to represent the Snow Scarf. It even has ice resistance.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    100 gem 3*. Might do a pull on this banner tomorrow after LD, but not sure. If I can swing Edge BSB then I don't think I'll need Shadow.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    VI banner review:

Banner 1: September 21
    Shadow USB: Instant dark/non damage with Overcome Past (gain High Quickcast 1 after dark attacks; add extra dark/non hits after Ninja abilities based on number of blink stacks). Competes with Edge for the title of King of DPS Mountain. If your dark ninja abilities are honed, that is.
    Setzer USB: Pentabreak. Grants Gambling Break (after using Support attack, gain High Quickcast 1 and randomly Power/Magic/Armor/Mental Breakdown). The quickcast and chase combine to make it easier to juggle more debuffs while also increasing your DPS. Very good if you're still having trouble with content where breaks work, but if you're concentrating on Magicite it's not relevant.
    Umaro BSB: En-ice. C2 has an ATK buff, C1 heals an ally for 40% and grants them Instant Action 1. Interesting for teams where you're Entrusting lots of meter to one character to spam SBs. It's not going to kill Fenrir on its own though - it's not all that much stronger than a random non-elemental OSB.
    Shadow BSB: En-dark. Instant cast makes this pretty good DPS just with lifesiphon, or you can use it to juice up the dark ninja abilities.
    Setzer BSB: Damage and -40% ATK/MAG break. Commands for ATK/DEF and MAG/RES break. This burst lets you easily stack four layers of break on whichever boss stat you care most about. Fantastic (for content where breaks work).
    Shadow LMR: Auto en-dark. Pretty great if you're trying to rush out damage with the USB, a bit less exciting if you're using the BSB instead or in conjunction.
    Setzer LMR: Increased debuff duration. Normally I'm not a fan of this effect, but Setzer's burst gives you enough different debuffs that you might need the little bit of help to keep them all running, and it could help keep the chases from the ultra running until you roll the same one again to refresh. The LMs in his dive are also pretty good, though (+15% support damage; 30% chance to chase support attacks with a -30% ATK/MAG/MIND triple break).
    Umaro SSB: Self "Green Cherry": for three turns, +150% ATK, -50% DEF, and Umaro acts randomly. The random actions kinda suck, therefore this kinda sucks.
    Shadow SSB: Instant damage and self Blink 2. Still pretty good DPS.
    Setzer SSB1: Full Breakdown. I'm not a fan of these.
    Setzer SSB2: -40% ATK/RES. Could be OK if you're desperate to break ATK.

Banner 2: September 25(?)
    Cyan USB: En-fire. Fire/non damage, and gain High Retaliate and +50% critical damage. If you've got a crit rate buff from somewhere, this can do some monster damage. Nice combo with one of the new Fire Samurai abilities.
    Relm USB: Instant party Curaga + 30% shield + Instant Cast 1. Great healing and it increases your net DPS via the instant cast. Great!
    Gogo BSB: Physical or magic damage with party +30% ATK/MAG. C1 mimics the last ability used by the party, C2 just does physical/magic damage. I'm skeptical of the burst commands, but you might want the party buff.
    Gau BSB: Damage with self +30% ATK/-30% DEF and Quick Actions 3. Gau's commands put him into a Rage for three turns: C1 does fire/non attacks, C2 does percent heals. The attack mode is pretty bad, but the healing mode might actually be sort of ok. Still not something to be excited about unless you are a fan of Gau.
    Cyan BSB: Damage, self Retaliate, party 50% crit chance. C2 has an ATK boost. The party buff is the best part, otherwise the damage here is not that impressive.
    Cyan LMR: Auto en-fire. Nice in conjunction with the fire Samurai abilities or to juice up your first cast of the USB. Don't think I'd chase it, though.
    Gogo LMR: 35% chance to get Quick Cast 1 after using Mimic. This is a bad joke on multiple levels.
    Gogo SSB: Physical/magical damage with 40% medica and party Esuna. Lifesiphonable medicas can be interesting, and occasionally party Esuna is handy.
    Gau SSB: Damage and self Meteo Rage for 4 turns, which is a slightly weaker Flashing Blade. OK for AOE fights I guess?
    Mog SSB: Earth MND instrument (lol). White magic earth/non damage and -50% ATK/DEF break. Its damage will not be great, but the debuff can be a lifesaver. A+ animation.
    Sabin SSB2: Party 40% medica + Esuna + 100% DEF. Another lifesiphonable medica, and also a solid defensive buff.

Overall thoughts, future banners, etc.
    Banner 1: Either Shadow USB or Shadow BSB makes him a DPS monster with honed ninja abilities. Setzer's USB and BSB are amazing for fights where stat breaks work, but most of the top content for the next six months is Magicite where stat breaks don't work, which is a bummer.

Banner 2: Gogo and Gau stuff is kinda iffy. Cyan is OK, Relm Ultra is great but you probably just got some nice healer stuff on the lucky draw. Not a strong upside to this banner, several duds. Hard to recommend.

Fest is right there, obv.

Next VI event is about 13 weeks away. Banner 1 features Locke USB/BSB2/LMR, Terra USB/OSB/BSB2/LMR, Celes BSB2/LMR, and Mog BSB. Banner 2 features Locke CSB, Sabin USB/BSB/LMR, Strago OSB/BSB/LMR, Relm BSB/LMR, and Umaro BSB. Lots of Fire power there on both banners. Both banners seem pretty high quality.

Upcoming event schedule:
    VI - 30th Anniversary Fest! - Dissidia villains (Gabranth USB/Garland Chain) - XV (Prompto USB) - II (Minwu/Leon USBs) - III (Refia USB/Ingus Chain) - VIII (Laguna/Edea/Zell USBs, Kiros and Ward) - VII (Sephiroth/Reno/Cid USBs, Rude and Elena) - IV (Ceodore/Kain/Rydia/Golbez USBs)

Alternate opinions:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6yahg3/relic_discussion_searching_for_friends_waifus_and/

Some of my other recent banner reviews:

I do have Shadow Fang, so I guess I could use that for blinks in fights without big physical damage.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Madican wrote: »
    100 gem 3*. Might do a pull on this banner tomorrow after LD, but not sure. If I can swing Edge BSB then I don't think I'll need Shadow.

Two chances for stuff on this banner, both tomorrow and Saturday (and heck, possibly Sunday). Banner will be up for a LONG time.

I feel like Setzer's Fixed Dice could be useful if I were to slot him into a mage team.

...or I could use Marach.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Ancestral Reflection and Reflecting Pool both become 2-hit abilities in the major 5/6* skill upgrade whenever we get that. It's not the potential 7-hits Raging Water/Shadow Embodied becomes, but it still becmes a potent piece of the ninja dps combo for setting it up unless you prefer to exclusively run their blink LMRs, which may not trigger and uses up those valuable hones.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Ancestral Reflection and Reflecting Pool both become 2-hit abilities in the major 5/6* skill upgrade whenever we get that. It's not the potential 7-hits Raging Water/Shadow Embodied becomes, but it still becmes a potent piece of the ninja dps combo for setting it up unless you prefer to exclusively run their blink LMRs, which may not trigger and uses up those valuable hones.

You have to set up Blink Stacking for the full package to work. Also Shadow doesn't have Blink on any of his LMs.

Fry wrote: »

You have to set up Blink Stacking for the full package to work. Also Shadow doesn't have Blink on any of his LMs.

Shadow does have Shadow Fang as an option for getting 2 blinks. It's not ideal, though.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    100 gem was predictably phhhhbbbbttt on my main account but the alt pulled Setzer's LMR. To go along with his no other relics.

LMRs without anything else for the characters are becoming the new loser-tier pull, aren't they?

edited September 2017
    Is the SFX for killing the last grunt in a group in this FF6 event messed up for anybody else? It randomly seems to be playing a... door-slam noise, I guess? Or maybe just playing the initial part extra loud so there's a BANG sorta at the start? Not always, but frequently.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    I've been getting that all week on every dungeon.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I normally just farm Torments during the week, so that would explain why I haven't heard it until today.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    3 allotted 11 pulls done

Got Shadow BSB and Setzer USB

Hibernating until fest banner 2

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The sound on the background music (just the background music) will just outright stop playing midway through each track, then pick right back up sometime later. At this point, I'm used to audio fuckups.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    I've been thinking about doing that, but I was behind the entire IV torment, and 9 magicites. Restarting to get the right drop is too much trouble, I stopped drop inspecting and am just running through the pile. Hoping to get down to a low number before orbfest.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I'm gonna do my lucky draw pulls tomorrow morning and Saturday morning; see if I get lucky wrt Shadow or Setzer.

If not, I think I'll cash in my Gamestop points for an Itunes card and pull that way.

This discussion has been closed.