As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

If not, I think I'll cash in my Gamestop points for an Itunes card and pull that way.
    Speaking of iTunes cards...

https://www.amazon.com/iTunes-Gift-Card-100/dp/B00KV30IHG?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=9c70c0029eee11e7913a6eb946fa210e0INT

$85 for $100 gift card

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Meliadoul RM2! Woo! It's the little things that make your day.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    In Choices I Probably Won't Regret: legend dived my boy Setzer, with his USB and LM2 he is the absolute best single target debuffer in the entire game hands down

USB > Full Break > USB chase > LM2 chase all in a single action for 4 layers of debuffs right off the bat, and he has a slot for affliction break

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    In Choices I Probably Won't Regret: legend dived my boy Setzer, with his USB and LM2 he is the absolute best single target debuffer in the entire game hands down

USB > Full Break > USB chase > LM2 chase all in a single action for 4 layers of debuffs right off the bat, and he has a slot for affliction break

For Crystal Tower?

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Ya I sort of wish I got Setzer's usb cause I'm still chasing the dragon on a debuff stacker and iirc these two ninja usbs have a lot less value after they buff the abilities.

Hey but maybe this fest I'll finally pull Vaan's burst! It has to happen eventually! Right!?

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I am really looking forward to this next Lucky Draw and it's one I really, really, REALLY do not want to go 1/11 on. Same with the 6* one but the spreads a bit wider her for more characters to give a relic to.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Did an 11 pull! 1/11 Setzer BSB. Pretty good result I guess. I was really hoping for Shadow something, but I don't think that will ever happen for me sadly. Such is life. Setzer BSB is a damn good consolation prize. Especially with Crystal Tower stuff coming up and needing to strengthen up more supports than Ramza and Tyro as well as needing more dual breaks than just Fujin.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I am really looking forward to this next Lucky Draw and it's one I really, really, REALLY do not want to go 1/11 on. Same with the 6* one but the spreads a bit wider her for more characters to give a relic to.

Tiny Bee/Garnet BSB1/11

ztrEPtD.gif
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Gonna be a lot of broken hearts in five hours, I tell you what.

Rius wrote: »

Some of them might not be broken for 9 or so hours!

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Ya I sort of wish I got Setzer's usb cause I'm still chasing the dragon on a debuff stacker and iirc these two ninja usbs have a lot less value after they buff the abilities.

Hey but maybe this fest I'll finally pull Vaan's burst! It has to happen eventually! Right!?

With Shadow's USB you're going to do so much damage, so fast, that you likely won't even need that many debuffs, especially after the ninja skill buffs. I've been using the water versions with Yuffie's BSB and she just chews through HP at a ridiculous pace.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    This current VI event: the reason I wish we were given 50 ability slots instead of inventory.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    I am a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Thanks for making me sad :(

Characters
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Tiny Bee/Garnet BSB1/11

I don't have either of those and apparently Garnet's BSB is actually a really good dagger for ninjas so I'm sure I could find a use for it.

Forgot to 100 gem the ShadowSetzer banner

Setzer LMR

Validated my legend dive something fierce I tell you hwhat

• FryFry Registered User regular

How do the ninja USBs become less good after they buff the abilities?

Tiny Bee/Garnet BSB1/11

I don't have either of those and apparently Garnet's BSB is actually a really good dagger for ninjas so I'm sure I could find a use for it.

Whoever told you that is lying.

ztrEPtD.gif
    edited September 2017
    Fry wrote: »

It's more the ninja's respective EnElement BSBs become much better in tandem with the Ninja skills with more hits, because of the damage cap. The USBs remain amazing, and only get better if you have the BSB as well.

silence1186 on

Tiny Bee/Garnet BSB1/11

It's not bad; it's equippable and has decent MAG. It has +Lightning too, but this is not really a big deal now like it was a year ago, there not being a 5* ninja lightning ability.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    I would be happy to get Dagger's Dagger of Daggering, I have Rapha who would be happy to get some extra damage out of it on the mage side, and as much as I usually overbuff my ATK it would probably also be an upgrade for Reno or Laguna or any of the other physical lightning characters I have who can't wield spears or hammers.

And the three people who use my RW would be happy that I can use it to increase Red XIII's MND.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Is the SFX for killing the last grunt in a group in this FF6 event messed up for anybody else? It randomly seems to be playing a... door-slam noise, I guess? Or maybe just playing the initial part extra loud so there's a BANG sorta at the start? Not always, but frequently.

That is actually the sound of your equipped magicite closing up shop, even though you probably didn't actually summon it. I'm not sure why they put that sound effect in.

As for the music stopping for a few seconds then starting back that somebody else mentioned, that is because your sound got borked and is playing slightly too fast (you may have noticed a pitch increase or that the beat is slightly off from what you remember) and isn't looping properly. Restarting the app usually fixes that for a while.

steam_sig.png
    Shadow with legend dive, USB and LMR using well honed dark ninja 5* abilities is the absolute top DPS in the entire game right

Shadow with legend dive, USB and LMR using well honed dark ninja 5* abilities is the absolute top DPS in the entire game right

Toss in Cloud USB RW for maximum fun times.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Tiny Bee/Garnet BSB1/11

I imagine the sentiment came from that super-awkward period where the vast majority of Ninja stuff was magical in nature, and almost no ninjas had access to magic-boosting weapons, so a magic dagger was of good use.

Of course, these days, we have Fujin and Onion, who can just use rods when they want to use Smouldring Fire or Raging Storm or somethign.
    Fry wrote: »

It's more the ninja's respective EnElement BSBs become much better in tandem with the Ninja skills with more hits, because of the damage cap. The USBs remain amazing, and only get better if you have the BSB as well.

Yeah. The USBs remain exactly as good as they always were. It's just that the BSBs become better.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Best of luck to everyone who's going Tiny bees/11 tomorrow!

Until you remember that outside of magicite, the only bosses weak to dark are from the pushover Dissidia stuff.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Jragghen wrote: »

+10 Mind for Song for Spira.

Now you're going to go Tyro OSB/11, Tyro OSB/11, and Tyro OSB/30.

ztrEPtD.gif
    I can't imagine anything taking away from Native Cloud USB just spamming Omega Drive with LM2. It's pretty silly how much damage that does and then loldoublecast.

XNnw6Gk.jpg

No OSBs tomorrow.

No OSBs tomorrow.

Dupe FFS, then.

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    I did it! Bahamut CM3 without VotF or native en-wind! Full medals! Yeah, ok, native UCloud and Faris USB2, but that doesn't get you there by itself. Luneth Swordshower after calling the second Cloud BSB2 RW? It's a damn hard 80k rain.

Everything is where it is because the timing didn't work otherwise. Onion has too much to do to carry haste. Faris never needs to use Magic Breakdown, but Full Break needs to be cast early. And so forth. With no hastega and no boostga, this party barely has the horses to go the distance.

Cloud Hailstorm / Tornado Strike / USB / 30% sword damage (20% gear)
    Luneth Power Break / Boost / 30% wind damage
    Onion Knight Full Break / Protectga / Onion Slice / Haste
    Faris -- / Armor Breakdown / USB2 / Haste
    Arc Curaja / Haste / Renewing Rains / TGM
    RW: Cloud BSB2
    Magicite: Enkidu

Cloud: Hailstorm->RW->USB->cmd1x2 ->USB-> Tornado Strike -> USB
    Faris: ABD -> USB2x3 -> ABD (repeat)
    Luneth: PB -> Boost Cloud then self -> call RW after Cloud's 2nd cmd1 -> SSBx2 (done!)
    Arc: Haste self, then Cloud, SSB, more cures & SSBs
    Onion Knight: Protectga, FB, Onion Slice, who cares. Faris and OK stop doing anything after Cloud's 2nd USB. And win!

Until you remember that outside of magicite, the only bosses weak to dark are from the pushover Dissidia stuff.

Imperils exist and dark is a pretty rare resistance

No OSBs tomorrow.

Y'shtola USB/11, Y'shtola USB/11, Tyro OSB/30

ztrEPtD.gif
  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Watch HOW I soar. Come on, man, this is like entry-level Firefly quoting here

I'm off to bed; good luck on the lucky draw tomorrow morning, everyone

• biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    I was looking at how long it will take to put together an optimal magicite deck and I think I might have to start using an item checker. Which on do you guys recommend? Are there any that work for apple phones? Are any of them even remotely easy to use?

So, uh, there's a new Tyro USB over on JPN:

Tyro USB3 - Wall, Protectga, Shellga, Hastega

Characters
    Aegis wrote: »
    So, uh, there's a new Tyro USB over on JPN:

Tyro USB3 - Wall, Protectga, Shellga, Hastega

"FUCK YOU RIKKU Grimoire"

This discussion has been closed.