As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    So, uh, there's a new Tyro USB over on JPN:

Tyro USB3 - Wall, Protectga, Shellga, Hastega

And Bartz is up to BSB4.

Just missing a fire one. Pretty sure he'll be getting one.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Bartz BSB4 - 8xST Wind/Non-ele physical dmg, EnWind, Burst Mode
    Cmd 1 - 4xST Wind/Non-ele physical dmg
    Cmd 2 - 3xST Wind/Non-ele physical dmg, self Spellblade++ 3

RIP Choco Romp.

Can't wait for his BSB5, where he gets Enfire after commanding some monsters to attack the enemy while he dual-wields harps.

Lightning UOSB - 20xST ranged Lightning physical dmg + 1xST Overflow Lightning ranged physical damage

Holy shit. Twice as many hits as Army of One, with an OSB tacked on at the end, for flavor.

Terra UOSB is just triple Scorching Flames. Probably with a reduced multiplier, of course, but that don't matter if you have Enfire and Trance going.

Yuffie USB2 -10xST Water/Non-ele ranged physical dmg, self Blink 1, EnWater, Midare Suijin
    Midare Suijin: When using Water abilities, additionally deal 4/6/8xST Water/Non-ele ranged physical dmg based on no of Blinks on self

Yuffie FT - 0CT self Blink 2, Blink Stack 2 and Ninja Damage+++

RIP in peace, Edward Geraldine.

Enlong on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    So, uh, there's a new Tyro USB over on JPN:

Tyro USB3 - Wall, Protectga, Shellga, Hastega

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLLLLLLL

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What no last stand?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Man that's some nice stuff for Yuffie. I remember her being one of my favorites when I was playing FF7 the first time. Always so many good things 6 months in the future that I probably won't be able to get.

steam_sig.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It should have Heavy Regen so we can point and laugh at Y'Shtola USB some more.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Gonna be a lot of broken hearts in five hours, I tell you what.
    I am a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.

Watch HOW I soar. Come on, man, this is like entry-level Firefly quoting here

*shrug* It's been at least half a decade since I've watched it. I loved Firefly but I'm not going to perfectly quote a movie I've only watched two or three times and not recently.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    I have yuffie's bsb but I've never leveled her up for some reason. I guess I should since I need water damage and ninjas are apparently gods in this game.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    That Yuffie USB2 makes Edges USB look positively tame holy shit

I have yuffie's bsb but I've never leveled her up for some reason. I guess I should since I need water damage and ninjas are apparently gods in this game.

It does solid enough work on Liquid Flame and she has a good dive to go with it. I don't strictly regret diving Fujin instead but she probably has the better dive for that category.

Although these days I kind of feel that magic is generally the way to go if you don't have UltraCloud or some other form of crit boosts going. It feels so much easier to get to bonkers damage off BSB commands or to even just use 3-hit max damage 6* abilities vs really having to work to just get 20k from a physical command on Magicite from someone good. (Comparatively, Rinoa's doing 32k with her BSB commands and Shantotto with no aura is doing 13k fast whereas on Liquid Flame Bartz and Yuffie are only pulling 13k with auras.)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular

*shrug* It's been at least half a decade since I've watched it. I loved Firefly but I'm not going to perfectly quote a movie I've only watched two or three times and not recently.

Don't you periodically quote it back and forth with your wife? Oh wait, that's me

Don't you periodically quote it back and forth with your wife? Oh wait, that's me
    What's a wife and how do you get one? All I have are waifus, loneliness, and impulse spending on gacha games.

XNnw6Gk.jpg

What's a wife and how do you get one? All I have are waifus, loneliness, and impulse spending on gacha games.

I heard you can get a wife if you get sub-30 times on all of the magicite dungeons.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So that thing about mythril only becoming more valuable over time means I should not spend any mythril at all until that stuff comes to Global right? /s

In all seriousness though that looks like an absurd amount of power creep barreling down the pipeline.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    that is the biggest power creep since cloud usb, and that was a one off accident.

jesus.

do i even bother making this shadow shit, dark damage isn't even very useful...

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    that is the biggest power creep since cloud usb, and that was a one off accident.

jesus.

Mist Dragon is pretty mean, though I think Shadow Dragon is worse by far with his idiotic mechanic.

XNnw6Gk.jpg

jesus.

Mist Dragon is pretty mean, though I think Shadow Dragon is worse by far with his idiotic mechanic.

Shadow Dragon is legit terrible. I haven't been able to beat that 250 yet :/

aeNqQM9.jpg

jesus.

Hahahahahah

just you wait for Magicite Shadow Dragon

XNnw6Gk.jpg

jesus.

Hahahahahah

Sure but all magicites are pain in the ass terrible encounters. At least that's expected.

aeNqQM9.jpg

jesus.

Hahahahahah

Sure but all magicites are pain in the ass terrible encounters. At least that's expected.

There's pain in the ass and there's "do 120k damage in the first ten seconds".

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    3/11
    Rinoa BSB (2?)
    Lann BSB (gross)
    Mustadio BSB

ok cool no dupes, wished I pulled a USB tho T_T

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    2/11
    Vanille's usb, edgar's bsb

I guess they aren't dupes so yay?

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    It's Burst or Bust time, best of luck to all.

Main: 2/11: Palom BSB, Rosa USB! Noice!

Alt, 1/11: Vivi BSB

I can't really complain about the pull, Rosa USB is fantastic. On to the next!

Elderlycrawfish on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Went Penelo/11 in a last minute Medica pull I shouldn't have done

Second lucky draw was Meliadoul/11

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2017
    All right, I am considerably more zen going into this one. I got my good pull at least and even though it'll hurt to get duds, so be it.

ub5iUW7l.png

!?

That seems promising!

GyJT5c0l.png

PFFFT

Okay there's one dud. No question what a gun arm is.

XsgZgc4l.png

*squints* Uh...that's some kinda katana, looks Auron-ish?

n6Ha2Bll.png

*tilts head*

...wait, is that?

OZzxLEfl.png

LOL

3/11: Barret BSB, Auron BSB, Rosa USB(!)

...*cough* Sorry all, I stole the Rosa USB from Banner 2.

Still...dud BSB I will never use, dud BSB I will never use, ...and one of the best healing USBs in the game...that I don't need because I have a fully dived Vanille as well as a kitted out Catgirl.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Rosa USB represent!

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Just started playing 2.5 weeks ago, pulled Penelo BSB and Yuna BSB yesterday. Today I pulled Gilgamesh BSB, Aphmau USB and Rapha USB. Friend says he's kind of jealous over the two USBs and I only mildly understand why <.<

Edit: Was happy to get Aphmau as I liked her in FFXI but turns out I can't unlock her at the moment? When will I be able to unlock her?

Varg on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    2/11. Hope bsb2 and Ovelia bsb. Both new, nice!

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    oiol6eM.jpg

Healer draw was Larsa, Yuna.

Amazingly no dupes thus far.

Healer draw was very good.

Nothing super exciting on this one, but they're all immediate additions to CM teams besides Yang but now I can make that highly coveted ButzYang earth team. Best fire imperil I have by a mile, first enwind when I've got a billion wind imperils, and when they increase max imperil stacks to 10 I will be set on Lightning.

2/11 double disco with Seifer USB and Tidus Chain! Then did a pull on the banner and Shadow BSB + LMR and Setzer USB.

Feeling hopeful for 6* Lucky Draw.

Varg wrote: »
    Just started playing 2.5 weeks ago, pulled Penelo BSB and Yuna BSB yesterday. Today I pulled Gilgamesh BSB, Aphmau USB and Rapha USB. Friend says he's kind of jealous over the two USBs and I only mildly understand why <.<

Edit: Was happy to get Aphmau as I liked her in FFXI but turns out I can't unlock her at the moment? When will I be able to unlock her?

Use a Soul of Hero in the Hall of Rites.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    4/11 - Reno burst.
    Rikku's burst, welcome to the water team!
    Auron USB, weird but seems alright.
    Yda USB, neat!

Not unhappy with that result.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • VargVarg Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Varg wrote: »

Use a Soul of Hero in the Hall of Rites.

She isn't in there, that's what I mean by she isn't unlockable at the moment.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    1/11, thank fuck it wasn't a dupe

Gabranth BSB

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    So many good pulls, hope I can join in the fun later today. Got to wait until I get home so I can pull together with the gf. The only thing she likes about the game is pulling, so I'm not allowed to pull without her.

Yesterday netted a double Rosa BSB for me (allows me to do ffiv 3CM instead of 2CM) and Arc/Aphmau/Aerith for her, so that's a good start of the fest at least.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Rikku USB and Fujin BSB. Again, I will take it.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    4/11: Deuce USB, Lenna USB, Zeid BSB, Alphinaud BSB (dupe)

Alright, game. Okay. I'm good on healer stuff. You can stop.

Don't really care about Zeid, but his burst seems pretty solid. Also supplies a sword for FF11, a realm in which my synergy could definitely be described as "dire".

edited September 2017
    1/11 - Eiko BSB

So. Not a dupe, and great in a vacuum. But definitely not what I was looking for.

I swear to God if I go 1/11 on all fucking three of these...

Rius on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    1/11 again. Come the hell on, game.
    It's a disco ball, though.

Squall's Icebeand, for his Brutal Blast USB! Neat. Not a big game-changer, but it's something worth using.

The only other Squall SB I have is his old Mystic Flurry Enice SB. Does this finally make that worth using?

Enlong on
    ... Isn't Eiko's 4* Bard sphere supposed to only take 3* Motes? Did they fix it, or am I thinking of someone else?

This discussion has been closed.