As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Rius wrote: »
    ... Isn't Eiko's 4* Bard sphere supposed to only take 3* Motes? Did they fix it, or am I thinking of someone else?

You're thinking of Krile's Bard sphere.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Dupe Raijin and Lightning :(

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Varg wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Varg wrote: »
    Just started playing 2.5 weeks ago, pulled Penelo BSB and Yuna BSB yesterday. Today I pulled Gilgamesh BSB, Aphmau USB and Rapha USB. Friend says he's kind of jealous over the two USBs and I only mildly understand why <.<

Edit: Was happy to get Aphmau as I liked her in FFXI but turns out I can't unlock her at the moment? When will I be able to unlock her?

Use a Soul of Hero in the Hall of Rites.

She isn't in there, that's what I mean by she isn't unlockable at the moment.

Aphmau was introduced a couple of events back, and unfortunately there is a bit of a lag between new characters and when their soul of a hero becomes available.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    2/11
    PCecil's BSB2 (dupe)
    Golbez BSB!
    I continue to have top tier stuff for a mage team, without any of the good hastegas. Just Edward's hastemarch.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    3/11, double disco.
    603trlzp9n79.png

Seifer USB
    Aphmau USB
    Mog BSB (dupe)

Seifer never makes the A-Team, and lacking his BSB, he never will, but that sword is +fire all realms, which is sooo in demand.

Aphmau USB is pretty good. She might come out for MP fights once in a while, and this guarantees her a spot on the XI-Torment CM team, but otherwise, probably never using her. Again though, it's a 6* staff with natural stats. Worth leveling up.

Dupe Mog BSB is dupe Mog BSB. Meh.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    1/11, third Mistilteinn. I think this was bound to happen.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    1/11. Dupe Rinoa Ice Chain. Sigh. At least 2 of my A team actually can use it as a stat stick.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    :(

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Son of a --- folks, I'm a meme. Second dupe/11 in a row. I'm a wee bit upset.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    3/11 with two discos! One was a dupe Rosa USB, but the other two were Gilgamesh USB and Emperor BSB. Neat!

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Team idea.

Squall: Enice unique/USB
    Rinoa: Ice Chain/BSB1, Mako Might
    Larsa: BSB
    Onion: BSB, Dr Mog's
    Ramza: Shout, USB
    RW: Wall
    Magicite: Wendigo

Decent hybrid ice team? Alternatively, I could have Ramza use Shout on turn 1, and replace Onion with Sazh, for stacking breaks and maybe Entrust.

The big limiting factor is that I have no BSB with ice for Squall to use. His use of his USB is gonna be limited to 10 shots of Blizzara Strike, or like 2 shots of Snowspell Strike. Which, I mean, they'd all probably cap under Ice Chain, but still.

Enlong on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hoping for discos.
    No discos.

3/11
    Please don't be another 3 Ceodore BSB

Thancreed poison BSB okay? I guess that's good?

Edward BSB I have an instrument pulling problem. I have two 8 star megaphones, 1 8 star Moogle Bell, 3 of Edward's Harps, 1 of Eikos, not counting all the dupe microphones I tossed. This looks actually decent though, I didn't have a holy imperil, maybe I can get through FFT JS TORMENT with it?

Rinoa BSB Not sure if she has two, this one has mug magic on command two, and it is a witch command for whatever reason. Probably doesn't stack with faith though? Not sure if this will be useful but looks like it might be better than Sara's ice BSB. Not sure I have enough magic buffs to make this workable against Fenrir, what do you need 3 or 4 to do good damage there?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2017
    That's Rinoa's BSB2. Her BSB1 divides between Ice and Earth and has no AOE command or aura. Still good under Chain, but you got the better prize.

Thancres's BSB gives Enbio? Well, he'd be a good candidate for Poison Leaves, then.

Enlong on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    4/11, 1 disco: Kimahri BSB, Balthier BSB, Rinoa BSB2, Aphmau USB. I think Rinoa BSB2 is supposed to be decent? And Aphmau USB is interesting with party instacast

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    That's Rinoa's BSB2. Her BSB1 divides between Ice and Earth and has no AOE command or aura. Still good under Chain, but you got the better prize.

Thancres's BSB gives Enbio? Well, he'd be a good candidate for Poison Leaves, then.

No, its not Enbio, just Bio/non ninja. Some kind of stacking on command one like Raijin I guess? Is there a double cast ninja RM? It is apparently RS+ bio+ for what little that is worth.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    (2/11) on lucky 2:
    Hopes Glove
    and Balthiers betelgeuse gun
    No idea..

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    (2/11) on lucky 2:
    Hopes Glove
    No idea..

Hope's got a Dispelga command, which is occasionally game-changing. Balthier's thing is an Imperil fire, right?

• Options
    Yeah Hope BSB 2 is pretty great, 100% slow and disepl on command 1 and interrupt on entry and command 2.

The holy dragon in VI + dungeon is nice enough to cast dispel as an interrupt before casting holy on you, so no need for shell.

Also, hilariously Melidoul in the tactics U++ is apparently weak to interrupt, slow, and stop, not that it matters since she is also weak to OHKO from Cid.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Got P.Cecil BSB2 and Desch BSB. No dupes and I'll definitely get use out of both of them. Pretty happy.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    1/11 yda bsb

meh and a half but I did get umaro's BSB from pulling on the vi banner so there's that.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    azith28 wrote: »
    (2/11) on lucky 2:
    Hopes Glove
    No idea..

Hope's BSB2. It's more modern than his old BSB1, as it has holy/non-element in it's damage (if the enemy is immune or resistant to holy, it will automatically switch to non-elemental damage so you're not screwed).

That's unfortunately Balthier's old BSB1. It's not terrible, since it's fire/non-elemental typed damage, but the commands and entry try to apply Blind, which only a handful of bosses are susceptible to, and even less require that you blind them as an objective. It'll work for you as a damage burst, but it's strictly mid-tier at best.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Question about Squall's USB: do Dualcasts on Spellblade attacks (such as from Squall's LM2) advance the counter for Shattering Finish?

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    2/11
    Yuffie BSB dupe
    Decil BSB

Meh. Not even good as stat sticks. Struck out on this one. Heck, I'd have been happier to get Tiny Bees FFS.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Change of plans for Squall/Rinoa team. Support core will be Tyro and Ramza. Will needs must use Hyper Mighty G as the RW.

• Options
    Emperor BSB gives me a legit magical wind team, with Alphinaud BSB and Fujin SSB/Raging Storm, though I don't know when that will ever be useful considering anything that isn't weak to wind will get nuked by the Cloud wombo combo. I suppose it might help me against Golem.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Emperor BSB gives me a legit magical wind team, with Alphinaud BSB and Fujin SSB/Raging Storm, though I don't know when that will ever be useful considering anything that isn't weak to wind will get nuked by the Cloud wombo combo. I suppose it might help me against Golem.

Absolutely it will help you against Golem. Ignore Earthen Wall entirely.

• Options
    magic wind is the only way you can feasibly sub 30 golem unless you have a ridiculously stacked cloud combo

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I personally beat Golem with Alphinaud BSB + Emperor BSB, so it's definitely good enough for that.

Although I also personally beat Golem with Cloud combo, so yeah, maybe your mileage will vary.

• Options
    Trying to decide if I should spend 50 of my 54 power crystals honing Snowspell Strike to R3 for Squall.

I suppose the questions I need to ask myself include "will I ever want to hone Affliction Break or Omega Drive to R3 instead?", "are 6 shots, plus 10 Lifesiphons, enough for Squall to last a full battle, when paired with his USB and Enice unique?", "Is there an easier-to-hone ice Spellblade Twinstrike coming eventually?", and "will this even do more damage than pairing Rinoa with Shantotto?"

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    magic wind is the only way you can feasibly sub 30 golem unless you have a ridiculously stacked cloud combo

As my sword is my soul, then let all who stand before me know; I bring a storm and magic winds.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Question about Squall's USB: do Dualcasts on Spellblade attacks (such as from Squall's LM2) advance the counter for Shattering Finish?

While I don't have the USB myself, I've heard that it does not play well with dualcasts. I don't think they count towards using two abilities to trigger the followup, and the followup itself can't be dualcasted either (as is usual for USB followups). A part of the reason why that relic is "merely" good compared to his BSB2.

• Options

While I don't have the USB myself, I've heard that it does not play well with dualcasts. I don't think they count towards using two abilities to trigger the followup, and the followup itself can't be dualcasted either (as is usual for USB followups). A part of the reason why that relic is "merely" good compared to his BSB2.

Ok. I'll put his Legend Dive out of my mind for now then. Save those motes.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    1/11, but it's a disco. It's a staff I don't recognize. Oh gods, please no, not Y'shtola USB!

It's... Ovelia USB?

Thanks for not being literally the worst, though it still probably won't see any serious use.

Sigh, missed opportunity.

• Options
    Now that I have Setzers USB I need to seriously consider honing affliction break, need 15 more power crystals though

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Alright, time for more pulls. Can my main account break its streak of 1/11 on BSB and BSB+ draws? Let's find out. But first, the alt gets its draw.

3/11 - dupe Terra BSB, Delita USB, Zack CSB

Wow, that's a pretty darn good draw. No other soul breaks for Zack unfortunately, but I do have Cloud BSB2 and Luneth BSB for wind chaining if I want. Delita's USB is somewhat interesting and would pair reasonably well with his BSB if I had it on this account, but I don't. It is a 6* dagger though, so now I have a 195 ATK weapon that every character can equip. This does open up a possibility for a Golem team of Zack (CSB), Cloud (BSB2), Luneth (BSB), Onion Knight (BSB) and Larsa (BSB) which might or might not work, as physical is disadvantaged so heavily on Golem. Might be worth a try, though.

Now the main account.

1/11 - dupe Garnet BSB1

Once again the main account goes 1/11 on a draw that is BSB, BSB+ or BSB, CSB, USB. You know, the ones you REALLY don't want to go 1/11 on. And it is even dupe/11. Here's hoping for better luck on the 6* draw tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    My total for the Disco Party tomorrow is 11/99 dupes. Not terrible odds.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Takel wrote: »
    2/11
    Yuffie BSB dupe
    Decil BSB

Meh. Not even good as stat sticks. Struck out on this one. Heck, I'd have been happier to get Tiny Bees FFS.

As someone who had had two meme/11 draws, no you wouldn't have.

• Options
    Yuffie's USB2 and FT look ridiculous. Not only does it blow Edge USB away by including en-water and more chase hits, it lets her bring something besides Reflecting Pool because she can FT two blinks at CT0!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Garland BSB
    Zidane BSB2

Taste the sub-mediocrity.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Also what's this about Seifer's Burst and USB making him A-Team worthy and is said Burst "Death by Committee"?

This discussion has been closed.