As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Eternal Card Game] Set two, Omens of the Past, released!

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Gotcha. I have a pair of Darudes, so I'm behind there. It's probably going to be my next playset of legendaries, though.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Right after making that last post (or at least the edits on it) I decided to play around the wrath, even though it was a rare I'd never seen played before. Partly it was because this was the first person in gold I'd faced; lo and behold, they wrath and I win because I played around it!

Then I face that exact same green yellow blue deck three more times from three different players and lose each one to turn 5 wrath into turn 7 another wrath.

Why they chose to print a 5 mana wrath in a game with so few other ways to clear the board is... beffudling me.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Right after making that last post (or at least the edits on it) I decided to play around the wrath, even though it was a rare I'd never seen played before. Partly it was because this was the first person in gold I'd faced; lo and behold, they wrath and I win because I played around it!

Then I face that exact same green yellow blue deck three more times from three different players and lose each one to turn 5 wrath into turn 7 another wrath.

Why they chose to print a 5 mana wrath in a game with so few other ways to clear the board is... beffudling me.

As The Guy who went directly into Time / Justice Control for exactly that reason, I don't really care why. I'm just glad they did.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I was playing this thinking "oh cool, this is a card game where AoE is rare, expensive, and precious. That's different and interesting!"

Nope.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I was playing this thinking "oh cool, this is a card game where AoE is rare, expensive, and precious. That's different and interesting!"

Nope.

Honestly, it's still pretty rare, but there's always going to be someone who really just wants a no-questions-asked blow it up spell. I am that someone. If it helps, I lose plenty of games regardless!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Was this Justice/Primal/Time deck, by any chance... CHALICE CONTROL?

Because I dislike that deck immensely. It's just an absolute jankpile that slowly overwhelms you with card advantage and seems to have no real plan beyond 'survive until you can turn on your card advantage engine'.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited September 2017
    Kay wrote: »

Was this Justice/Primal/Time deck, by any chance... CHALICE CONTROL?

Because I dislike that deck immensely. It's just an absolute jankpile that slowly overwhelms you with card advantage and seems to have no real plan beyond 'survive until you can turn on your card advantage engine'.

Oh yeah, the Chalice. In my third game against it I finally realized the ability on it only costs two and was just like "the fuck?"

also I got blown out by another deck with the 5 mana "rez EVERYTHING in your void" which

seems like a dumb idea for a card tbh

like that effect should be like 8-10 mana

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    There is no such card, Goat.

There's a 5SS card that resurrects a single card from your void and there's Vara at 8SSS who can enable all manner of resurrection shenanigans, but the card you have described above does not exist.

I think you can kinda chain it via a Vara, and there's a chain with the Fire/Shadow thing that deals 2 damage to everything on Summon that can then end up killing Slumbering Stone to bring in a Gargoyle that then brings in another and and and

ew9y0DD.png
    edited September 2017
    Oh, maybe it was just a target resurrect and I misread it. There was a lot of particle effects, okay?

Edit: I also snap conceded, because it brought back that legendary that blows up <3 attack duders which wiped my board while I was out of cards. But yeah, that's much more reasonable.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    When I started, I thought "draw two cards, put a card back on top of your deck" was a really bad card. The more I play, the more synergies I see for it. Clever design.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the moment for me that really got my mind spinning was when i realized things like killer and infiltrate refreshed upon returning from the graveyard

liEt3nH.png
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Fry wrote: »
    When I started, I thought "draw two cards, put a card back on top of your deck" was a really bad card. The more I play, the more synergies I see for it. Clever design.

I had this moment years ago in MtG when I realized Fact or Fiction was one of the most broken cards I had ever seen and my friends were literally giving them away.

Knowledge is power, GO JOE!

Edit: On an unrelated note, I melted down a bunch of legendary cards I had no intention of using and built Feln control. It's not perfect since I'm still missing some stuff but the key stuff is there and holy shit is it fun to play. It is extremely refreshing to have the best spot removal in the game and the void as a resource when late game rolls around and other decks are staggering along trying to keep up.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    This game can be kinda dumb.

qKUBqq5.png?1

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    If there is a better feeling in this game than dropping Azindel's Gift on an opponent and seeing 3 chalices and 2 Kothons get sent to the void then I have not yet experienced it.

Azindel's Gift is a great, great card against Chalice.

Next turn I played a Vara and returned a Champion of Cunning to play. The turn AFTER I played a Withering Witch, returned Black Sky Harbinger, wiped their board and attacked for 15. Felt good.

ew9y0DD.png
    It seems like Feln control does really well against chalice. The withering witch into black sky harbinger is nasty.

In the mountain of packs I got for starting the game, I got four copies of Reliquary Raider. She seems good? Anyone have a decklist I should work towards that uses her?

In the mountain of packs I got for starting the game, I got four copies of Reliquary Raider. She seems good? Anyone have a decklist I should work towards that uses her?

She's not very constructed playable, so I'm not sure there are too many lists (if any) that include her.

Figures.

I forgot that this game is following in the long line of games that have to include mountains of chaff cards that are good for draft but bad for constructed.

"constructed playable" doesn't matter until Gold, as far as I've seen. Jam those raiders and they'll do a lot of work for you as you're starting out, card is a house at low levels.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

Build white/green and slap weapons on her. She can do a ton of work.

Oh hey, I did a thing.

shsqj6hlhhlv.jpg

ew9y0DD.png
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular

The answer is Dinosaurs!

As per the description, probably not a great deck. Or even the best one packing the Explorer / Dino combo. But still could be fun.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    Wait, is Seek Power a card people actually play in decks with less than four colors?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Wait, is Seek Power a card people actually play in decks with less than four colors?

Absolutely. 75 Card Decks means greater variance to be compensated for.

edited September 2017
    I find it's pretty easy to sneak in Seek Power at some point, it thins power out of your deck, and since it isn't technically power on its own it adjusts the amount of power you're likely to have in your mulliganed hand.

I'm kinda wondering why Diplomatic Seal is in so many decks, it seems counterproductive? I guess if you aren't playing much stuff with big threshold costs it helps your consistency.

Fry on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular

Card Draw is card draw is card draw. Each mana power card drawn is a power card not drawn at the start of a player's turn.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    What Cantido said.

On Diplomatic Seal, they're kinda like limited dual power in that they really help decks that have stringent influence requirements in the early game - Rakano Plate likes two fire and two justice on turn 2-3 for Champion of Glory, Valkyrie Enforcer and Shogun Scepter.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited September 2017
    Cantido wrote: »

Card Draw is card draw is card draw. Each mana power card drawn is a power card not drawn at the start of a player's turn.

Yeah, but you spent a turn drawing the Seek Power instead of another card, so it's a wash. I just don't understand why you'd want that in a two color deck, I'd rather just have higher threat density or more card draw that can draw me actual cards. I guess with the larger decks it does make sense in three color.
    I find it's pretty easy to sneak in Seek Power at some point, it thins power out of your deck, and since it isn't technically power on its own it adjusts the amount of power you're likely to have in your mulliganed hand.

I'm kinda wondering why Diplomatic Seal is in so many decks, it seems counterproductive? I guess if you aren't playing much stuff with big threshold costs it helps your consistency.

If your deck is light on 3-loyalty-cards, or only needs them in one color, Seal seems like it'd be great. In my basically-no-legends-decks my loyalty beyond 2 is actually pointless so I'd definitely use Seal to make sure I can hit the minimum I need for every color.

Edit: Hmm, maybe in a Spell Synergy deck I could see it being useful as a cheap cantrip. Not sure how much spell synergy there is in this game, though.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Seek power also thins out your deck by two cards, which is an often overlooked strength with larger decks. Plus, power fixing is super important. The amount of times I’ve been given only one color of influence for 3-4 turns early on is a testament to seek power’s usefulness.

edited September 2017

I think Seek Power may've initially been included in the game as a three-color enabler, as generally Direwolf has been really generous about providing people with tools to make decks work. Its function is often to make sure you can hit the activation requirements for things like Champion of Cunning in a timely way, at this point.

Also, just a gigantic part of Eternal in general is the question of "Can I play this hand?" even with the guaranteed-power mulligans. The sooner you know you're online the better against most of the decks in the game.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Oh, Aegis stops AoEs.

WHAT?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Wait until you see what happens when you target an opponent with an aegis with a cursed relic.

ew9y0DD.png
    Kay wrote: »
    Wait until you see what happens when you target an opponent with an aegis with a cursed relic.

I... I don't actually know. It should just fizzle the relic and sent it to the void, right? But they way you say that it sounds like it forces you to equip it to yourself like how MTG Curses and Hexproof players interact, but that wouldn't make sense because you can target things with Aegis in this game.

Also yeah, Chalice Control just seems like a deck built to annoy you to death. And that's kinda annoying. Also they ALWAYS have 3 Harsh Rules in their first 25 cards.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Oh god, I wish it bounced it to the opponent.

I imagine the spell just fizzles. I've never attempted to dump a 7 power cursed relic on someone with an aegis, I just try to pop the aegis first to be SURE.

ew9y0DD.png
    It just fizzles, yeah.

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I played this a little when it first launched and now I'm considering getting back into it. Is the game still reasonable for ftp players?

Marty81 wrote: »
    I played this a little when it first launched and now I'm considering getting back into it. Is the game still reasonable for ftp players?

Probably the most F2P friendly card game I’ve come across. They just heap stuff on you, including things like dual lands that are obscenely expensive in other games.

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    How long do you think it would take to make one of these decks with 4 copies of multiple legendaries?

Marty81 on