As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Market Penetration

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Market Penetration

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Will these be available in the Penny Arcade shop?

• SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Just tell them it'll let them get better frags or whatever the fuck it's called these days, I've seen people rub dog shit on their foreheads because they think it brings them extra luck in games. Okay, I exagerate, but not by much.

• RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    Is this in response to a British council suggesting trolls should get banned from voting in actual elections?

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Is this in response to a British council suggesting trolls should get banned from voting in actual elections?

What?

This looks like a response to vitriol in gaming. "Spicy language in chat"

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

It's not like this isn't a perennial subject for PA.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Hevach on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

And who could forget this classic: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/10

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

What?

This looks like a response to vitriol in gaming. "Spicy language in chat"

Now, now, let's not be hasty. This might have some political applications if we tweak the parameters a bit...

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I'm aware how illogical this is due to the many and varied acts of violence perpetrated in cartoon form on PA I'm absolutely fine with, but for some reason this one (the rods in the brain thing, nothing to do with the spicy language trigger) really squicks me out.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Tungsten penetrators are expensive and overkill for troll skulls. They can increase profitability by switching to copper jacketed lead projectiles launched by chemical propellants...why are you looking at me funny?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

And who could forget this classic: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/10

Or this one:
    215483396_GxNTx-2100x20000.jpg

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Tungsten penetrators are expensive and overkill for troll skulls. They can increase profitability by switching to copper jacketed lead projectiles launched by chemical propellants...why are you looking at me funny?

you've got it all wrong; we're not trying to kill trolls, we just want to let the evil spirits out of their heads

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trepanning

• bbullockbbullock Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    @jam warrior Well, the brain IS where the majority of thinking people do the majority of their real deep thinking, so I guess having sharp tungsten rods driven in there is pretty squicky.
    (How do I show a space in a user name, correctly?)

bbullock on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    jam warrior Well, the brain IS where the majority of thinking people do the majority of their real deep thinking, so I guess having sharp tungsten rods driven in there is pretty squicky.
    Put the user name in quotes directly after the @ sign. I think the autocomplete still doesn't work quite right with spaces.
    Just be advised it pops up a notification for that user, so its good etiquette to strip the @ mentions out of a post if you're quoting a post that has them, so they don't get bombarded with notifications every time someone responds.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    jam warrior Well, the brain IS where the majority of thinking people do the majority of their real deep thinking, so I guess having sharp tungsten rods driven in there is pretty squicky.
    Put the user name in quotes directly after the @ sign. I think the autocomplete still doesn't work quite right with spaces.
    Just be advised it pops up a notification for that user, so its good etiquette to strip the @ mentions out of a post if you're quoting a post that has them, so they don't get bombarded with notifications every time someone responds.

Unless it's a really important topic, like... butts?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I love the disconnect between the name of the headset and it's brutal efficacy. I also love the name of the comic; Jerry is particularly good at titling these =)

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    This is one of the all time greats.

• OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Make them a loot crate reward (.000000001% drop chance) and you can make one hell of a profit too.

Overkillengine on
  • MatthewTheLuckyMatthewTheLucky Registered User regular
    I'll take two.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    "We at Gentle Reminder guarantee that with out Instructor headset shit-talking will be the last thing our customers will ever do."

H9f4bVe.png
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Gentle Reminder's slogan: "It's not so much that we want to 'kill' trolls. We just want them to not be alive anymore."

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • bbullockbbullock Registered User regular
    @tofystedeth Thank. For the below, I ended up "cheating" by imbedding the link via HTML, so hopefully, it won't smack their in-box around.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    What... what happened to the Mk I?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • DemobotDemobot Lemme buzz you in Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

This man is asking the right questions.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Demobot wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »

This man is asking the right questions.

Hi, Michael from Gentle Reminder here. I'd be happy to answer your question.

Our first prototype fit snuggly over the head of a penis, using vegan and animal-free leather to maintain a secure fit. It used the same reinforcement behavior as our MKII.

Thanks to a crowd funding campaign, we were able to fully relaxed our dream of assisting gamers of all genders and gender identities with the MKII.

MichaelLC on
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    This is one of the all time greats.

"Make in different colors" is a masterpiece of punchline. that is good satirin'

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Does it come in mauve?