As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, September 22, 2017 - Obsessive Watching

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, September 22, 2017 - Obsessive Watching

Obsessive Watching

Obsessive Watching

http://campcomic.com/comic/467

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    ... Malachi! Finally! Someone who agrees that you are a great and fascinating person!

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    True. This is what Malachi always wanted. So why is he so upset about it?

• SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    I remember wondering at first what the Os stood for on their t shirts. Then, if it was ever explained I just ignored it and no longer want to know. I decided it represents the yawning abyss these kids are dropped into by their families. That works for me.

I rejected your reality and substituted my own.

• cygnwulfcygnwulf Registered User new member
    >True. This is what Malachi always wanted. So why is he so upset about it?

So is Neeman the evil genie that is giving Malachi exactly what he wished for?

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    AaaaRRRRGGHH!!! This is beyond creepy!

• JReynoldsJReynolds Registered User regular
    Neiman is almost close enough in the last panel for Malachi to give him a hard boot in the chin.

Problems with this approach:
    1) Malachi is still tied up;
    2) Neiman doesn't have a chin.

What do you mean the Jack Reacher method of conflict resolution might not work here?

• Charon'sLittleHelperCharon'sLittleHelper Registered User regular
    JREYNOLDS wrote:
    What do you mean the Jack Reacher method of conflict resolution might not work here?

If violence isn't solving your problems then you aren't using enough violence!

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    Alright, I'm thoroughly creeped out and ready for Linus to show up and save the day.

• PharylonPharylon Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Alright, I'm thoroughly creeped out and ready for Linus to show up and save the day.

I don't think Linus is going to save the day. There's a surprise party he doesn't want that's being organized. Once Malachi leaves, he's going to get Linus and stop him from going to the party (assuming Linus hasn't gotten lost in the Deep Woods by now),

Pharylon on
  • tabletable Registered User regular
    So... uh, if that bag is Malachi's, could it be that he actually packed another pair of pants?

• BrobBrob Registered User regular
    Neiman seems more articulate in today's comic. He's seemed more primal up to now as he's been stalking his prey. Now that he has his prize he's opening up into more of the evil genius type. Kinda hoping he sprouts a handlebar
    moustache and black cape in the next strip.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Malachi, meet Misery. Let the hobbling commence!

• Patch621Patch621 Registered User new member
    Only just now realized what that rope is made of..

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    table wrote: »
    So... uh, if that bag is Malachi's, could it be that he actually packed another pair of pants?

The other kids actually steal everything from Malachi’s suitcase except for his pajamas in the book.

Which, in relation to Neiman, I wonder how Protokid got Neiman’s shoes?
    I think even Proto would be wary of him.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    I love theatre of the mind; I hope Malachi never regains consciousness again.*
    The best part will be when Rick bursts through the door to rescue Malachi and then utters the best line ever, "Lachi, I am your father."

The Superego must intercede before the Ego is completely subsumed by the Id, just sayin'.

*just kidding, I'm not that heartless.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Skizz wrote: »
    I remember wondering at first what the Os stood for on their t shirts. Then, if it was ever explained I just ignored it and no longer want to know. I decided it represents the yawning abyss these kids are dropped into by their families. That works for me.

Like everything else in that camp the t-shirts are items that nobody wanted so they dropped them on the camp. I think that they're probably promotional shirts for a defunct company or an unpopular product . Possibly a line of t-shirts that couldn't be sold for some reason like copyright violations or unacceptable defects in their manufacturing. On the off chance that I'm wrong and somehow they are actually the official Camp Wedonwantcha Camper Shirts then perhaps the company who ran (runs?) the camp are just so cheap that they bought some discount shirts regardless of the logo on them, or perhaps the "O" was originally supposed to have a proper camp logo in it but the company never got around to putting the logo there?

Did the camp company run out of money and that's why the shirts are odd and the camp seems to be abandoned? Is this why there's no* staff? Is this why the camp office was abandoned and taken over by Neiman?

I NEED ANSWERS KATIE! :P

*Colin and Linus don't count as staff for the purpose of my supposition.

Sarge on
    Sarge wrote: »
    Skizz wrote: »

Like everything else in that camp the t-shirts are items that nobody wanted so they dropped them on the camp. I think that they're probably promotional shirts for a defunct company or an unpopular product . Possibly a line of t-shirts that couldn't be sold for some reason like copyright violations or unacceptable defects in their manufacturing. On the off chance that I'm wrong and somehow they are actually the official Camp Wedonwantcha Camper Shirts then perhaps the company who ran (runs?) the camp are just so cheap that they bought some discount shirts regardless of the logo on them, or perhaps the "O" was originally supposed to have a proper camp logo in it but the company never got around to putting the logo there?

Did the camp company run out of money and that's why the shirts are odd and the camp seems to be abandoned? Is this why there's no* staff? Is this why the camp office was abandoned and taken over by Neiman?

I NEED ANSWERS KATIE! :P

*Colin and Linus don't count as staff for the purpose of my supposition.

Another fun book fact: Colin says the shirts are made from a highly flammable material.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    omg lol I love the last panel!

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Neiman's theme song is "Bill Watterson" by Lemon Demon..... :D

• GedGed Registered User regular
    last panel kiiiiiiiiiills

edited September 2017
    dawi14gz6fes.jpeg

I think Malachi has hit puberty.

Edit I know that’s just his mouth line. I just thought it kind of looked like a whisker.

briguy on
  • SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    @Sarge, you need answers. I already have them. I win

• treyhawktreyhawk Registered User new member
    The cats need to come rescue Malachi now!

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Irresistible object, meet immovable force. Now what?

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    @Skizz Is is not just a simplified version(easier to draw) of the logo that appears at the top of this page? That is what I've always assumed.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »
    @Skizz Is is not just a simplified version(easier to draw) of the logo that appears at the top of this page? That is what I've always assumed.

I like my theory better but I respect yours just the same.

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    I get it, we're not supposed to sympathize with this creepy kid, he's intended as an object lesson for what Malachi could become if he's not careful.

• tabletable Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    The other kids actually steal everything from Malachi’s suitcase except for his pajamas in the book.

Which, in relation to Neiman, I wonder how Protokid got Neiman’s shoes?
    I think even Proto would be wary of him.

Could it be that Neiman sensed a kindred spirit in Proto and actually gave his shoes?

Though maybe if Neiman didn't "like" his shoes maybe he wouldn't care so much about them and so would be fairly easy pickings.

(Cool book facts though! I'm actually trying to save up for the book!)

• GarryAlwaysGarryAlways Registered User regular
    @Skizz
    The O stands for Otra

edited September 2017
    forum bug

briguy on
    I get it, we're not supposed to sympathize with this creepy kid, he's intended as an object lesson for what Malachi could become if he's not careful.

I sympathize with him. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but I understand why he's doing what he's doing and under the right circumstances I hope he gets help. I even hope maybe Malachi and his clique overlook this and take Neiman on as their on personal project. If the adults abandoned him, maybe the other lost kids can help him.

• te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    @treyhawk The big and angry mountain cat?