As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    As a reminder, your turn to act, @Lykouragh.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    There's some "The HtmLawed plugin doesn't have a plugin class" error right now when you hit post. It looks like your post doesn't go through but it does.

MrBody on
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Activate Mehar Xull, moving in Carrier, 2 fighters, 2 GF from Starpoint and cruiser from Tequ'ran. Drop both GF on Mehar Xull. T/F/S->1/2/0

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    I don't know. We were thinking around 12 TG @jakobagger

Hrm. I will also need 12 to actually build even one of the things, which I'm not even sure when I can arrange. Paying 12 for something I don't have an immediate need for and don't know when I will even be able to use seems a bit. . .crazy?

But let me think about I guess.

We would like to point out the level 1 objective in the other game where unit upgrade technologies work for you even if you don't use them.

We also guess we could go to 10 TG.

Hmm. Would you be willing to accept my Trade Agreement as part of that? Promissory note plus 4 TG?

You drive a hard bargain, but we would be willing to accept this.

Activate Tar'mahn and move in my war sun, 4 fighters and the troop from Lirta IV in to invade
    1/3/0

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Activate Quann system (Tactic pool 2>1). Move in carrier and both infantry from Corneeq-Resculon system and land both infantry on Quann

Pools: tactic 1 / fleet 3 / strategy 0
    TG: 17 / Commodities: 0 / Action cards: 1

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Hrm. I will also need 12 to actually build even one of the things, which I'm not even sure when I can arrange. Paying 12 for something I don't have an immediate need for and don't know when I will even be able to use seems a bit. . .crazy?

We would like to point out the level 1 objective in the other game where unit upgrade technologies work for you even if you don't use them.

Hmm. Would you be willing to accept my Trade Agreement as part of that? Promissory note plus 4 TG?

Activate Tar'mahn and move in my war sun, 4 fighters and the troop from Lirta IV in to invade
    1/3/0

Considering we're 4 from my initial bid and 2 from yours I think you still drive a harder one :p

I don't think the price is grossly unfair I'm just not a 100% convinced this is something I need very much right now. Can I think about it a little longer?

jakobagger on

1/3/0

Considering we're 4 from my initial bid and 2 from yours I think you still drive a harder one :p

I don't think the price is grossly unfair I'm just not a 100% convinced this is something I need very much right now. Can I think about it a little longer?

Sure.

Admittedly I'm thinking TG now have more value than TG later.

Anyway, @Phyphor is up

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    It is time. Cousins, we return to the imperial seat

Activate Mecatol Rex. Bring in everything from Wellon, land both GF

@Lykouragh since we are neighbors now, trade your racial promissory for 2 commodities?

@MrBody is next

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Phyphor, are you not building your free spacedock and PDS for resolving a tactical action that caused you to gain control of Metacol Rex?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    I'm not sure it matters?
    @Lykouragh you may as well hold onto your promissory note until the Agenda phase at least.
    Then you can trade it with anyone.

It is a bit depressing that we feel surrounded by threats.
    We have these two vehemently anti-sun opponents surrounding us, then, in order, the friends of the old throne on the old throne, the economic king-pin and then the race with the actual strongest claim to the title.
    We are used to being a flame in the darkness but this is a bit ridiculous.

1/3/0

Sure.

Alright, still not sure it's the strategically correct thing to do but war suns are too cool not to do this.

Pending @discrider approval, next time it is possible I would like to exchange 4 TG and my Trade Agreement for his War Sun tech promissory note.

1/3/0

Sure.

Alright, still not sure it's the strategically correct thing to do but war suns are too cool not to do this.

Pending @discrider approval, next time it is possible I would like to exchange 4 TG and my Trade Agreement for his War Sun tech promissory note.

We will complete this transaction at our next availbility.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Phyphor, are you not building your free spacedock and PDS for resolving a tactical action that caused you to gain control of Metacol Rex?

I thought that happened automatically but yes, I will take my free space dock & PDS

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »

I thought that happened automatically but yes, I will take my free space dock & PDS

My reading is that the power says "may" so you're not obligated to do it if you have a pressing reason not to

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Phyphor wrote: »

My reading is that the power says "may" so you're not obligated to do it if you have a pressing reason not to

Presumably the only reason not to would be because of the unit caps and better positioning elsewhere.

Activate Tequ'ran (TP 2->1). Move in all units from home system + cruiser from Mellon. Claim both planets

@Lykouragh

It is a bit depressing that we feel surrounded by threats.
    We have these two vehemently anti-sun opponents surrounding us, then, in order, the friends of the old throne on the old throne, the economic king-pin and then the race with the actual strongest claim to the title.
    We are used to being a flame in the darkness but this is a bit ridiculous.

There's really nothing of interest in your direction. I can't see us fighting over an empty wormhole.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Round 2: Action Phase Update 2

The Naalu Collective: Activate the Mehar Xull system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from Starpoint-New Albion and 1 Cruiser from Tequ'ran-Torkan.
    Land 2 Infantry on Mehar Xull.
    The Embers of Muaat: Activate the Tar'mann system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 War Sun, 4 Fighters, and 1 Infantry from Lirta IV.
    Land 1 Infantry on Tar'mann.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Pass turn.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Activate the Quann system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move 1 Carrier and 2 Infantry from Corneeq-Resculon.
    Land 2 Infantry on Quann.
    The Winnu: Activate the Mecatol Rex system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Cruiser, 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from Wellon.
    Use racial ability Blood Ties to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex; land 2 Infantry on Mecatol Rex. (VP 0 --> 1)
    Use racial ability Reclamation to place 1 Space Dock and 1 PDS on Mecatol Rex.
    Sardakk N'orr: Activate the Tequ'ran-Torkan system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from the N'orr Home System and 1 Cruiser from Mellon-Zohbat.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Tequ'ran and Torkan.

Pending transaction: Hacan Trade Agreement + 4 TG <--> Muaat Fires of the Gashlai
    Open offer: Winnu 2 C <--> Naalu Gift of Prescience

Current Map: Round 2, Action Phase Update 2

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Naalu Collective - 2 VP
    The Winnu - 1 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 0 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 0 VP
    The Emirates of Hacan - 0 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.
    2 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.

Secret Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Emirates of Hacan: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: Threaten Enemies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that is adjacent to another player's home system.; 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 Secret Objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex: Claimed by Winnu

The Embers of Muaat (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.

The L1z1x Mindnet SPEAKER (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 6
    Action Cards: 4

Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Muaat's Ceasefire (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    X - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.

The Winnu (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.

The Emirates of Hacan (jakobagger)
    Commodities: 0 / 6
    Trade Goods: 17
    Action Cards: 1

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Tekklar Legion (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Trade Convoys)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator

Worlds:
    R - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    X - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    R - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Wrath of Kenara: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. After you roll a die during a Space Combat in this system, you may spend 1 Trade Good to apply +1 to the result.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Trade Convoys: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, you may negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Hacan player's units, return this card to the Hacan player.
    - Racial Technology: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods.
    - Racial Technology: Quantum Datahub Node (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may spend 1 token from your Strategy pool and give another player 3 of your Trade Goods. If you do, give 1 of your Strategy cards to that player and take 1 of his Strategy cards.
    - Masters of Trade: You do not have to spend a Command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Trade Strategy card.
    - Guild Ships: You can negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor.
    - Arbiters: When negotiating a transaction, Action Cards can be exchanged as part of that transaction.

The Naalu Collective (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 2

Fleet Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

Sardakk N'orr (MrBody)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 6

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    X - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    N - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective: (0) Construction Current Player
    The Embers of Muaat: (1) Leadership
    The L1z1x Mindnet: (3) Politics PASSED
    The Emirates of Hacan: (5) Trade
    The Winnu: (6) Warfare
    Sardakk N'orr: (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Confirm trade with Winnu.

Activate Starpoint, tapping Druaa to build a cruiser and 2 fighters. T/F/S->0/2/0

@discrider

edited September 2017
    Play Leadership.
    Exhaust Lirta IV for 3 Influence to get 4 CC.
    2/4/2 T/F/S
    See below for additional exhausts [we now understand the turn sequence better]

Exchange my racial note for @jakobagger 's trade note and 4TG.
    3 -> 7 TG.

@Ketar @Phyphor @Lykouragh @MrBody and jak to play on the secondary.

discrider on
    Pass

edited September 2017
    Play leadership secondary. Exhaust Mellon (2I) + Thibah (1I) for one token in SP (SP 0->1)

C/TG/AC: 0/6/3
    TP/FP/SP: 1/3/1

MrBody on
    @MrBlarney the map shows I only have 5 TG

Pass

Hey Hacan, doesn't Vefut II look nice and juicy? It's begging to give you its resources!

Apparently planets are refreshed before the Agenda phase, not after.
    So I exhaust Xxehan and Dal Bootha for another CC as part of my action here.
    3/4/2 T/F/S

3/4/2 T/F/S

They are refreshed before and after.

@Phyphor in case an adjustment is needed to your play as well.
    I don't think @Ketar is able to play with his planet, and @MrBody was in the other thread.

Ketar wrote: »
    3/4/2 T/F/S

They are refreshed before and after.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyphor in case an adjustment is needed to your play as well.
    I don't think @Ketar is able to play with his planet, and MrBody was in the other thread.

Pretty sure I could spend TGs as influence for this purpose, but I'm good.

Grudgingly pass Leadership Secondary

We shall continue to pass

PLAY on Leadership secondary

Exhaust Kamdorn(1), Centauri (3), Qucen'n (2) and Rarron (3) for a total of 9I. Place 1 token into tactic (1>2) and 2 into strategy (0>2).

tactic 2 / fleet 3 / strategy 2

It is also your move now hacan