As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Sabotages are open for that card but I don't think anyone will be burning one for it and it's not affecting much this early so we can keep going in the mean time.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Activate winnu. Build carrier and 2 GF.
    @Brody

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Pass

@Preda

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Play Imperial and get an extra secret objective. Than after secondary from other players pass.

@Brody @Hedgethorn @Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae @MrBlarney

Play Imperial and get an extra secret objective. Than after secondary from other players pass.

@Brody @Hedgethorn @Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae @MrBlarney

Preda wrote: »
    Activate winnu. Build carrier and 2 GF.
    @Brody

How is this being paid for? Exhausting Zohbat + 1 TG? @Preda

edited September 2017
    derp

MrBody on
    edited September 2017
    triple post

MrBody on
    edited September 2017
    ultra derp combo!

MrBody on
    Pass

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Pass on imperial

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Pass on Imperial secondary.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Spend a token to draw a secret objective.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Edit: Double post.

Hedgethorn on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Pass on Imperial secondary.

ITT, @Mojo_Jojo admits to being British!

edited September 2017
    Round 2 - Status Phase

Map
    uZm9ydcm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP
    I- ???
    I- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 0
    Elvenshae - 2
    Mojo - 0
    Hedgethorn - 0
    Brody - 1
    Preda - 0

Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    3 action cards
    1 secret objective
    qZuvAzO.png

Elvenshae (should have zero commodities)
    2 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the L1z1x player replenishes commodities: the L1z1x player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    3WQejOY.png

Mojo
    4 action cards
    1 secret objective
    cI76Ms1.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    D1fPFh3.png

Brody **Speaker**
    4 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Cruess promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Cruess' units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Cruess player.
    pTO1ceH.png

Preda
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    YekApYe.png

@Brody @Preda @MrBlarney @Elvenshae @Mojo_Jojo @Hedgethorn
    to claim one public and one secret objective if they wish

MrBody on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Spend two tactics and one strategy.
    Claim public objective
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP

Mojo_Jojo on
    Claim no objectives.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    No objectives for me.

I didn't post the payment, but was obviously Zhobat + TG. No objectives.

No objectives for me.

Pass

Right, next up is the galactic council phase which means we can all execute up to two transactions with one another (one per vote).

I've got a commodity I'd like to flip. I also have my racial promissory card (which gains you a free copy of a technology when I research one - very useful for the current objectives). I'm amenable to bribery for voting too.

@MrBlarney I'd be interested in your racial card - it feels like a direct swap for mine would be fair?

@MrBody can we clarify effects like on the L1Z1X promissory card. If there is no token to be removed from his strategy pool does it function without a cost on L1Z1X or is it just unplayable? Letnev's card is similar but with trade goods. The wording is "spend" for L1Z1X and "lose" for Letnev. Both seem ambiguous to me and I'm behind filtered email that won't let me get to a FAQ

I'm interestsed in both @MrBlarney and @Brody ceasefire promissory note, and I'm willing to negotiate the price (but at least to my ceasefire in return is a possibility, like my trade or my no vote). I'm also interested in an excange of support for the throne from either @MrBlarney or @Hedgethorn

@Mojo_Jojo

I'd be interested in your science note again, as well, and have (potentially) quite a few votes to throw around. I'd also like to stress the danger that the Hedgethorns to your west represent; you share one of the most militarized borders in space, and he has the capability to produce reinforcements right on his front lines. We should coordinate efforts.

@MrBlarney

I'd like to continue our relationship beyond the current Peace at Saudor. What would you say to working together against, I dunno, the Winnu?

Consulting divine divinations for the L1z1x promissory note answer.

edited September 2017
    I'd be willing to agree to a ceasefire with the Winnu people. Or, if you are unable to provide a promissory ceasefire, your Support for the Throne would be much appreciated.

@Preda

Brody on

@Mojo_Jojo I'd happily give you my racial promissory note for yours, in case you're worried about my production abilities.

@Preda Let's swap Support for the Throne.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    MrBlarney: I'd be interested in your racial card - it feels like a direct swap for mine would be fair?
    Hmm, a tempting deal, but you've already researched the number one tech I'd want to copy (Hyper Metabolism). Throw in your commodity and I'll absolutely take it; my tokens are quite precious for the time being.

As for requirements for play, I think the only condition for play is that it is "the start of your turn". Then the rest of the card is followed to the best ability possible, so if I have no tokens in Strategy pool, you still get a token to allocate yourself.
    Preda wrote: »
    I'm interestsed in both MrBlarney and Brody ceasefire promissory note, and I'm willing to negotiate the price (but at least to my ceasefire in return is a possibility, like my trade or my no vote). I'm also interested in an excange of support for the throne from either MrBlarney or Hedgethorn.
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    MrBlarney:

I'd like to continue our relationship beyond the current Peace at Saudor. What would you say to working together against, I dunno, the Winnu?
    Where to go, where to go? What kind of ways can we continue our cooperation? 'Cause if I do end up swapping Support or Ceasefire notes with Winnu, that kind of prevents my contributions to any anti-Winnu campaign. I'm still thinking about what I want from Winnu, since offers are open there.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @MrBlarney ,I think it's a poor deal if I'm tossing in the commodity given how those objectives have laid out so I'll shop elsewhere thanks.

@Hedgethorn, Given I've got your ceasefire card I'm pretty well insulated from you so I'm not super interested in your promissory card. Can you top it with a couple of trade goods?

@Preda , you effectively lost one of your racial powers (and a couple of VP) on that round plus you're quite far away. I'm inclined to trade with you if you wanted to make me a better offer for my racial card?

Also I still have my support for the throne card burning a hole in my pocket, which has a side benefit of ensuring peace and unity. That would need another such card in exchange though.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    MrBlarney, I think it's a poor deal if I'm tossing in the commodity given how those objectives have laid out so I'll shop elsewhere thanks.

That's a fair enough argument; I thought it was worth a probe. I'll take the original offer of trading racial promissory notes if you don't get anything better, then.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    New objectives, action cards, and agenda phase update tonight

Reveal public objective
    Sway the Council- Spend 8 influence. 1 VP

Draw Action Cards
    Drawing

edited September 2017
    Gain and redistribute command tokens

Allocate your +2 or +3 command tokens (rearrange if you wish)

MrBody on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ...?
    Where did the agendas go?

@MrBody shouldn't the transactions above be after the reveal of a first vote on an agenda?
    And then a second vote on another agenda follows?
    And then the status phase happens?

Y'all missed the agenda phase by my count.

@MrBody

Agenda Phase is after status phase (that way planets are refreshed for voting)

2 strategy tokens