As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Hyur
    Just hit 60 on Ninja. Have like 1 or 2 quests left to finish 3.0 Samurai is close behind at 59.
    I think I may abandon my Monk class. It's back around 55 currently and I'm not sure I'm fond enough of it to spend the time catching it up. Despite it being my original track.
    I'm kind of a GHOST mooch. I'm in the FC but I leave the chat channel off the majority of the time. It's just too much most of the time to leave on.
    But if anyone ever needs a hand or a PA linkshell etc, I'm Archie Banner on Sarg.

akajaybay on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Yukira wrote: »
    Well, I just spent 15 minutes making macros to turn all of my job changes into Sentai transformations with the Ranger poses from last year's summer event.

How are y'all enjoying the game?

I need to set up a guyver macro

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Just finished SAM to 70, and have begun WAR (the last tank to level.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Just finished SAM to 70, and have begun WAR (the last tank to level.)
    Good job, you saved the best for last.

sig.gif
    Hyur
    Finished Heavensward. Mostly trying to go through each of the new dungeons unlocked now, build up some stones to gear up.
    I never managed to get through the Binding Coils, and it's looking like Alexander also doesn't have much action in the duty finder queues either.
    But I did run the Void Ark. It's odd the 24 person runs are easier to drop into than the 8 man raids.

edited September 2017
    Hyur
    Blah double post.
    So far the 2nd round of Hilldibrand quests does not seem as good as the first. But the other one about the seminary students is kind of interesting.

akajaybay on
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Henroid wrote: »
    Are folks here playing in a FC that isn't <GHOST>? I still want to give this game a fair shake, never made it past the Realm Reborn stuff (which apparently is crap).

I'm on Sarg in a friend and family FC (I was in GHOST, but it wasn't for me). Hit me up in the game some time if you want to play/group. Caedwyr Jelani.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Yeah, if anybody on Sarg wants to they can send me a friend request. Stalwart Turtle.

I'm not playing a whole lot currently though.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Finished Heavensward. Mostly trying to go through each of the new dungeons unlocked now, build up some stones to gear up.
    I never managed to get through the Binding Coils, and it's looking like Alexander also doesn't have much action in the duty finder queues either.
    But I did run the Void Ark. It's odd the 24 person runs are easier to drop into than the 8 man raids.

Depending on the time, you can find unsynched groups for the Binding Coil of Bahamut (and sometimes Alexander) in the Party Finder since they're both included in Wondrous Tails. Second Coil Turn 4 still requires doing the mechanics even unsynched, and I think maybe one other?

I'll sometimes see groups in the PF for people wanting to run the whole thing, but don't know how quick they'll fill up. Might be quicker just to create one for each individual Turn and just put "WT" in the description.

Tuesdays would be a good day to look since that's when people get new Wondrous Tails books.
    Blah double post.
    So far the 2nd round of Hilldibrand quests does not seem as good as the first. But the other one about the seminary students is kind of interesting.

If I remember correctly, the Scholasticate was meant to be the big sidequest of HW instead of Hildibrand, but people demanded Hildibrand so it got added later as kind of a last minute thing. It's still got some fun parts. It doesn't have any Trials though, which was a shame as I really liked the ARR ones (though some people hated them since at the time it was required to unlock all Trials to get access to Trial Roulette, though that is no longer the case).

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Yeah I'm down to hang out with anyone on Sarg, so feel free to hit me up. Aleksandria Sapphine, just hit low 40s. I'm most commonly found around the hours of 8-11p CST, but I'm not too regular about it.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    Hyur
    So at this point should I just completely ignore this Diadem side thing? Or is there some worthwhile stuff to do even though everything's moved on gear/level wise etc.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    You can completely ignore the Diadem.

Maybe people will go to farm to get the Pegasus mount, but probably not.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    definitely do any quests a bard gives to you tho

liEt3nH.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    somebody talk me out of buying claire's outfit

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    only play on excalibur, and talk to me to get invites to the hottest fc's

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    ALSO
    who is the 4.3 story climax boss in which Revolutions plays and why is it Fordola?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Miqo'te
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Nah.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

It's not really that great...

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Lalafell

Nah.
    goddamnit
    Tcheldor wrote: »

It's not really that great...
    yes but I can make my potato into claire

So at this point should I just completely ignore this Diadem side thing? Or is there some worthwhile stuff to do even though everything's moved on gear/level wise etc.

It's completely ignorable in terms of gear (as the stats are no longer important, and I believe all the gear uses the models of gear obtainable elsewhere), but there are some pets that I think only drop there. Most are available on the marketboard though.

I think the only things completely exclusive to the Diadem are the white pegasus mount and the pegasus pet. Both of those can only be purchased with a currency you only get from the Diadem. If you don't want those, you can safely ignore the Diadem entirely. If you do want those things...well, maybe Eureka (the Stormblood Diadem that they're saying is not like the Diadem) will use the same currency when it comes out? Alternatively, SE does try to give people a reason to queue for old content, so maybe some more incentives will come around eventually (ie. sticking it in the WT book or making an Exploratory Mission roulette or something).

Alternatively, we might be able to put together an FC group for it or something. If I'm online I might be able to come along if my arm isn't giving me too much trouble at that time.

I never did the gatherer's version of the Diadem so can't speak about that one.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Well, I just spent 15 minutes making macros to turn all of my job changes into Sentai transformations with the Ranger poses from last year's summer event.

You watched Dad of Light, didn't you?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    That feeling when you realize it's Tuesday and you didn't finish your Challenge Log for the week.

Okay, didn't need any of the ones that give currency...

The only combat XP ones I didn't get done were the Levequest ones, which is 30% of a level, but combat XP has a lot of ways to get so that's no big deal...

I did the crafting ones...

Didn't do the gathering ones but that's okay...

Didn't do the Chocobo ones...aw fuck!

Miqo'te
    Skeith wrote: »

Nope!

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Sentai class changing is good but I'm of the mind that VPose from Red Mage into a different outfit is superior.

Miqo'te
    Class specific animations tend to cancel when you change jobs.

Hyur
    pxqgFrV.png

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Larlar
    Skeith wrote: »

Nope!

Oh. Well, get on it!
    Lars wrote: »
    That feeling when you realize it's Tuesday and you didn't finish your Challenge Log for the week.

Okay, didn't need any of the ones that give currency...

The only combat XP ones I didn't get done were the Levequest ones, which is 30% of a level, but combat XP has a lot of ways to get so that's no big deal...

I did the crafting ones...

Didn't do the gathering ones but that's okay...

Didn't do the Chocobo ones...aw fuck!

Easiest way to get Chocobo ones done each week is to do treasure maps and hunt bills.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    Miqo'te
    Well, I finally finished Stormblood.

I spent the last two months working through the MSQ with Sier, Mara and another friend of ours.

We took a few screenshots at what we felt were good points to do so, but tried not to make it too spoilery.

I posted them on Tumblr here.

I'm glad we went into the final boss with friends. We went in blind and we had two people that remembered the fight.

It was a fun boss fight, but I can see how people would screw it up.

Lalafell
    I am 41 now

why am I helping out these dumb zealots when I can instead just kill everybody and the dragons that they hate

Hyur
    be nice to haurchefant

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Finished the ARR storyline. I was constantly asking myself why my character didn't just drop these soldiers trying to arrest her and then exterminate their nine clans.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Just beat Garuda.

Is this game ever going to cool it with the buttering up the player thing? Like, I know most RPGs have a glossy "look how awesome you are" layer to them, and that's fine, but man this game lays it on thick.

Story is still bad, but I'm enjoying the gameplay a lot. I don't know if I'm just liking the Paladin more than the Warrior, or if I'm playing with proper expectations of what the game is like this time. Probably more of the latter.

Last night really pissed me off, though. MSQ sent me to a location to click a thing to fight a dude, and when I get there there's a goddamn FATE sitting right on top of it. It's a FATE with a boss and adds, no NPC helpers, and on a small map with no roaming FATE player groups likely to show.

It's probably okay moving forward, though. I'm right at the point where I have to start doing daily group events in order to level (quests aren't quite enough to see me through any more), so I can just do those while waiting for inappropriately-placed FATEs to expire.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I managed to finish the achievements for the Frontlines and Wolves Den Garo mounts. Normally, I am not a fan of PVP at all in most MMOs, but the combination of set pvp stats, slower pace, need for coordination by party members, and lack of premades has actually made this fun.

Hyur
    I don't feel like I ever had to grind for levels. At least until I tried to level up a side class. The roulette options in the duty finder offer a ton of bonus exp once per day. Maybe that hasn't Unlocked yet. Also if you haven't done them, the guildhests are worth doing each once. When they're all cleared you get some decent gear for the level. Including an exp boost item I think.

I managed to get through all of Alexander over the weekend. That was fun. Did most of them synced. The final 3 levels I did unsynced which makes them a little too easy/abrupt. I've also managed the first two post heavensward alliance runs. One more to go there. I've started back in on the MSQ again.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I don't mind the whole "buttering up the player" thing, because it ties into an interesting thing the story becomes after a while, especially after you hit that first set of credits

you keep doing impossible things, and the base story ends with you basically single-handedly saving the world, so it only makes sense for the way most other characters see you to reflect that

you've become Superman or Captain America or All Might or insert-inspirational-superhero-here, and your reputation now lets you solve problems practically just by walking into the room

in a roundabout way, and intentionally or not, everything after 2.0 is an exploration of what happens right after a typical JRPG's story ends, and both the power and limitations of being that kind of celebrity

now I'm still in the bridge from ARR to Heavensward, so it might shift into something totally different later on, but I'm digging what it is now

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Just beat Garuda.

Is this game ever going to cool it with the buttering up the player thing?

Yes? But also no. Kinda.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Turns out that butter is flammable.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'll take being fawned over a little too much over the plot constantly acting like you don't exist like every other MMO, any day.

Heavensward story stuff.
    Also boy that stops being a thing REAL quick when you get near/to HW. Fucking Ilberd.

Whole game story stuff
    I feel like the game is maybe building to some kind of reveal about the nature of the WoL? Like, we know about the echo, and being chosen by Hydalen, but I think there's something more to how the WoL keeps defeating such massive threats almost singlehandedly.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.