As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Fitness Group 2.0

1141516171820»

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Actually been back at it for the last 2 weeks, but not going to help me for AUS. ;)

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Every little bit helps.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's honestly more a mental thing. I don't want to go down there and feel like a big potato because I'd been doing nothing at all.

How you doin'?

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I moved to the UK and gained 100 pounds which put me at my starting weight.

Moved back home about 2 months ago and got a gym membership yesterday. Fat to fit to fat and now hopefully back to fit slowly and steadily!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    It's honestly more a mental thing. I don't want to go down there and feel like a big potato because I'd been doing nothing at all.

How you doin'?

ugh...not well. I'm not going to kid my self I hate the processing of starting to exercise. Its so awful for the first few weeks...I know it gets better, but you're out of breath, tried, sore. None of that is fun. All I can do is get back at it. I'm going to try the clean eating along with an exercise program. No junk, sweets, BEER!!

Well I became a potato again. It's painful to read all my posts in this thread just before each pax talking about what my new plan was.

With that said, my new plan is cheap and healthy eating. I lost access to a vehicle this year so travelling to the gym is out of the question, and while Lite n Easy is super convenient it's just too expensive at the moment.

So I'm just doing All-Bran with berry's for breakfast, Aldi salads with tuna/chicken for lunch and frozen lite meals for dinner. I've also cut out Pepsi Max and switched to water. I was drinking way too much of that, 0 calories or not.

Also doing an hour and a half walk in the morning for my exercise.

To future me reading this next year: You better have stuck to this you jerk!

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Agreed. However, I'm having some success just with a diet change and adding a snack before I head home from work so I don't spike and just shove food into my mouth as soon as I get home.

breakfast is cereal with some lunchmeat to get me to lunch easily, then lunch is a sandwich, snacks are usually a slice of cheese and fruit and that gets me to dinner where I can rein in what I eat and get progress done while not feeling hungry. Also, about a year ago I switched from soda to gatorade and then last june I switched from that to this La Croix water that is 0% everything so I get my ''soda'' fix without the calories and I drink this stuff like its all I got.

Started about mid June and I've gone from 355 to 342. This is a long game and I'll be dipped if its not working like the Nutritionist said, so hopefully I'm less than 300 the next time I see this thread >.>;;

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    My calendar is mocking me this month.

h68TDKz.jpg

So my first week on my new routine has shown some decent results: Down 8.7kgs. I always have big weight drops in the first week so I'm gonna try not to be too confident though.

Although I did look up my weight just before PAX AUS last year and I'm only 3.6kgs away from that, so that's my current goal. After that I'll try for 10kgs under that.

All I gotta do is stick to it.

• UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Hey all,

Heading to PAX Aus as well and looking to lose at least 10kg if I can before that.
    currently at 110kg or 242lb for the Imperialists out there ;)

Going to try dropping all takeout/softdrink and see how that goes and introduce some light excercise since I'm currently doing 0% exercise these days.
    Hopefully this thread can keep me motivated!

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

Good luck!

I'm down 3.1kgs this week. Just have to keep it up.

Just an update after the first week and already I'm down to ... 101kg or 222lb
    I know there will be flucuations in my weight and what not, but cutting back on my portion sizes, dropping all softdrink and takeout and doing some light exercising seems to be doing the trick.
    Hopefully I can keep it up and be under triple digits by next week.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

Also congrats @fishfishmonkeyhat on the 3kg drop!

steam_sig.png

Thanks @UseR2006. Down 2.5 this week.

My eating plan is going well and I've just started going to the gym 3 days a week (getting a lift with a family member) on top of my morning walk, so hopefully a little muscle will help me keep it up.

I've just gotten below the weight I was at PAX last year, so my next goal is to get as close as I can to the weight I was at AUS '15. (thank god my weight app has a long memory..)

I think if I lose another couple of kg i'll be under what I was last PAX Aus, However,
    Last Pax I was a complete mess and found it hard to move about the floor all day easily, was wrecked by the third day, so hopefully, i'll be a bit better this year!

steam_sig.png

So kinda Stuck on 101kg
    Feel like i might need to up my exercise a little bit to get losing again..
    Anyone know any good body weight exercises?

steam_sig.png

Finally!

Managed to drop under 100kg / 219lbs for the first time in 2 years!
    Super pumped to know what i'm doing in having an impact.
    Hopefully I can lose another 10kg / 22lbs before PAX Aus starts up.

steam_sig.png

That's awesome man!

10kgs is around about what I'm looking to lose before the show to reach my next goal (as listed above). I've actually managed to lose around 2.5kgs per week for the last 4 weeks, so I'm thinking I'm on track if I can keep it up.

We're totes meeting up for a drink/burger. ;)

We're totes meeting up for a drink/burger. ;)

I'd be 100% down for that!

steam_sig.png

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    UseR2006 wrote: »
    So kinda Stuck on 101kg

So for good bodyweight exercises

-pull ups/chin ups
    -tricep dips (but you kinda need a place to do them, a park bench works in a pinch),
    -squats (better with weight but higher rep no weight squats are still good),
    -push up
    -situp
    -plank

What's your cardio output lookin like?

Sleep wrote: »
    So kinda Stuck on 101kg

HAH!, Practically nil, I try to get up in the morning and do some super basic stuff, maybe some jogging on the spot and star jumps, some squats with a 5kg kettlebell and then hold a plank for as long as I can.
    Usually repeat that at night as well before dinner.
    But It isn't consistant and im not really tracking reps or anything like that

steam_sig.png

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Sleep wrote: »
    So kinda Stuck on 101kg

HAH!, Practically nil, I try to get up in the morning and do some super basic stuff, maybe some jogging on the spot and star jumps, some squats with a 5kg kettlebell and then hold a plank for as long as I can.
    Usually repeat that at night as well before dinner.
    But It isn't consistant and im not really tracking reps or anything like that

You'd be surprised what a ton of walking can do for you in that case. Especially if you're living on next to nil right now.

I'm up to about 5k a day collectively at minimum.

This is acctually a thing i got into because of pax east mind you. One year I had a 50 pound ruck I was carrying and I had to have walked a few miles a day. My legs were destroyed. I decided to start walking more so that wouldn't happen again... now I'm kinda the gear mule at PAX.

That plank is definitely a good workout, and the kettle bell squats are great, but definitely track reps. Sets and rep counts pretty much determine what you are working towards. Like if you are training for strength you do high weight, low rep, many sets (5 sets, 5 reps, 80 to 90% of one rep max). If you are going for muscular endurance you want high reps, low sets, median weight. Like 10 to 20 reps per set (I'd suggest 15) 1 to 3 sets (I suggest 2) with a weight you can handily manage through those sets.

Even if you are just doing it for calorie burn tracking reps and sets is useful, and can keep you from going overboard by accident.

Sleep on
    My 90 minute morning walks must be working because I lost 3kgs last week. Within 10kgs of my PAX AUS goal.

Thanks @Sleep I'll definitely start tracking my workouts more than I have been. also do more of the planks and squats.
    Walking is something I dont do a whole lot of having a sedentary job makes it hard but I do walk to work and back every day (it's not far lol)
    But I have been trying to squeeze the odd walk to the sops in instead of catching a bus or tram.

@fishfishmonkeyhat that's awesome mate! hopefully we can both hit those goals before PAX Aus starts up.

steam_sig.png

My previous 2 weeks weight loss had slowed down enough that I probably won't make my goal before pax, but I lost 2.7kgs this week which totals 30.5kgs since the start of August so I'm counting that as a win.

@fishfishmonkeyhat congrats, that's still a great amount lost pre-pax.

Sadly I fell off the wagon a bit. back up over 100 >.< Sticking to a routine is super hard.

steam_sig.png

Final weigh-in before pax has me only 1.5kgs from my current goal (the weight I was at PAX 2 years ago), with a total of 32.8kgs lost since August. I might even get a bit closer before AUS starts this week. ;)

Tried some of my smaller clothes on from 2 years ago and while a tad tighter than I'd like I can say they basically fit me again.

I might even hit the gym at the hotel while I'm there (always say I'm going to do that, so we'll see).

Right now I'm really just hoping I can get the seatbelt on the plane around me without an extender.

Right now I'm really just hoping I can get the seatbelt on the plane around me without an extender.

Success!

edited November 2017
    So post-pax report, I actually did use the gym 3 out of the 4 days during my stay, and actually managed to lose weight over the weekend, so that was awesome (no better time to get ready for PAX 2018 than PAX 2017 8-))

It can be done people.

We had table pizza and everything.

I've been pretty slack this week, but hope to get back into it properly next week.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
    I actually did use the gym 3 out of the 4 days

Getting in those three days is awesome! I'm so happy that you not only followed through, you lost a few kgs AND got to enjoy table pizza! Which looks to yummy! Great job!

I fell completely off the wagon the week before PAX 2017 and have yet to get back on the horse.
    Going to need to get motivated again to get ready for 2018

steam_sig.png

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Hi, thread. Haven't been around in some time. Coming to complain that I am now 2lbs heavier than I started the year and I feel like a complete mess.

Haven't had hockey as much lately because of holidays and all that and haven't been the gym in months. I'm sure my eating hasn't been up to par either. I wish I could remember what I had 4-5 years ago as my eating routine when I lost all that weight. Struggling right now to think up a good menu.

Anyway, I hope to be checking in here again. Keep up the fight, everyone!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    After falling off the horse pre-Pax and feeling completely shit about all my fitness stuff I'm back on the horse pre-Christmas so I can hit all my goals and more for PAX Aus next year.
    Want to lose 20kg/44lbs by PAX Aus Next year. In conjunction with that i'm going to try and go in my first cosplay so i'm tying a few goals into one so i'm less likely to fail.

Also want to post more regularly in here so you lot can keep me on the straight and narrow so I don't jump off this thing completely

steam_sig.png

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    This is awesome. I was working hard and got in some in-room workouts daily and was inspired by the marathon runners so tried to walk a Lot during unplugged.
    Counting down to East bc I want to hit my goal before that. 65 days ... so far away!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    edited June 2018
    Any one else have a Cubii? If yes, and you want to join me in pedaling as a group, the name on the Cubii app is PAX Fitness Group.

ClannMorgan on
    I don't but I just googled it. What do you think of it?

I really like it. I do a lot of sitting at work, so its great to have it under my desk to get me moving while still being able to work, and the elliptic motion doesn't have me banging my knees on the desk either, my desk top is 27" from the floor

I've only had it as high as resistance #4, and that is good enough to burn some extra calories. If it wasn't for the price (I have the Pro) I'd have another for home so I could pedal while I play...again sitting for several hours. Hoping they have a sale on Black Friday so I can snag another one.