As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I haven't even tried putting decks together myself, I'm waiting for official word on the banlist

I keep wanting to try Alice Merchant in this environment, it really seems like she needs a slow meta to shine; I was thinking of trying her with a resource-heavy econ/draw package, plus Career Fair, and Turning Wheel for multiaccess

I've also heard that there's a CI kill deck that's really good

it's basically all the good draw/money operations, and you're trying to score a brain rewiring to send the runner's grip away, then play two neural EMPs

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I don't really have any interest in trying the ban list meta until it's officially announced, so I have no idea

in the non-ban list meta, CI, FA tennin, nu moons, and shaper seem pretty good

think I'm gonna try me some gang sign leela tomorrow night at my local meetup, too!

Anzekay on
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Gagarin & Geist seem very solid. Some sort of indexing spam shaper seems like it'd be very good but the form of the deck is very uncertain (tapwrm? Opus? Smoke?)

There's about 3+ CI decks running around that look scary (mirrormorph death server, Bryan/Sandburg, Bryan FA, general FA) - the big clearances are the best corp Econ left and very few runners seem to be picking estrike as their restricted card.

Lots of jnet seem to be experimenting with CTM kill (one boom and consulting visits) dunno if it's good.

Geist seems good because he's strong Vs ice, pretty rich, can have lots of link, and has in built counters to all the silly kills people are trying :)

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Shock :o:o

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    https://youtu.be/sAw4TDGNrMM

Get fucked, Aaron.

GET FUUUUUUUCKED.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Glad it's real

would really like the leaks to stop now, please, tired of people getting lauded for breaking NDAs

time to actually do some serious deck crafting! I'm excited to see what the worlds meta will be like!

edited September 2017
    beep beep nothing to see here

Anzekay on
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Think I'll play trusty old Panic Palana for a bit and see what it loses to. No Siphon threat means you can rush harder, and no Medium means you can be stingy about defending your eight agenda R&D. Plus you can still play GFI.

No idea what a sensible ice suite looks like now, all assumptions have gone out the window.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Miraju is surprisingly solid these days.

unsurprisingly, I will be dusting off blacktree to see how Cambridge does right now

probably pretty well but who knows

Anzekay wrote: »
    Glad it's real

would really like the leaks to stop now, please, tired of people getting lauded for breaking NDAs

time to actually do some serious deck crafting! I'm excited to see what the worlds meta will be like!

At this point its probably an intentional leak to gauge community reactions - its the same account for the last 4 years with all the spoilers, no way they don't know who it is...

I thought spoilerken had only been around for a year or so?

nah he's been around since at least the start of the lunar cycle

huh considering I'm 99% certain who spoilerken is I'm fairly sure he must have gone through several playtester sources, then, if he's been around that long

guess I thought he only showed up after snowjax got caught

I’m actually kind of surprised the FAQ update didn’t come today as well. Unless it did and I missed it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    unsurprisingly, I will be dusting off blacktree to see how Cambridge does right now

probably pretty well but who knows

we basically lost fetal in exchange for them probably not having film critic and definitely no feedback filter right?

seems like a good trade as long as no one plays the new criminal resource

nah they can still play feedback filter, that's in C&C

but it's gonna be a lot harder for runners to actually use it, since they just don't have the kind of money they did a few months ago

the same goes for caldera, and that can also be sniped with Voter Intimidation, which you'll want to run anyway to deal with film critic

it is real likely there will be a whole lot less film critic around though

not many decks will be willing to take it over some other stuff

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    nah they can still play feedback filter, that's in C&C

but it's gonna be a lot harder for runners to actually use it, since they just don't have the kind of money they did a few months ago

the same goes for caldera, and that can also be sniped with Voter Intimidation, which you'll want to run anyway to deal with film critic

I'll be interested to hear how it gets on. Please report back.

will do

I plan on playing at least three flavors of blacktree deck

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Just popped in to see core 2.0.

Force of Nature? For real?

Also, how is the game without jackson?

Carnarvon wrote: »
    Also, how is the game without jackson?

It's pretty fine because multiaccess and runner economies has also been gimped. Bluffs are a bit more plausible and corps can defend a bit better.

That said most Corps have some sort of agenda management plan: NBN use special report, HB use the CI id and Miraju, Weyland go fast enough that agenda build up doesn't matter, Jinteki use their fancy defensive agendas.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Taking Noise out of the game helps a lot.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I know Noise was problematic, but man I wish they could have found a way to keep him around in a more balanced state. Unlike Kate and EtF which were both just stupidly good but boring +1 credit per turn, Noise shifted the mechanics of the game in an interesting way.

Eh, I never liked Noise. It was double dipping; you play viruses because viruses are good. You play Noise because Noise is good. Viruses and Noise have synergy.

Then there's the fact that it's completely uninteractive, and the fact that every mill is a good mill. You're either getting ice, combo pieces, economy, or agendas. Mill as a strategy is just bad. Mill as a tool is good to make archives a target, but mill in general just isn't interesting, I think.

I also see we're down to one 3/2 per corp, outside of Philotic and Merger. Are 5/3s a thing now?

I mean, maybe? They're trying to make them a thing again, and there's a bunch of playable 5/3s in that they protect themselves (and with Film Critic restricted, are less likely to see direct counterplay).

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    I know Noise was problematic, but man I wish they could have found a way to keep him around in a more balanced state. Unlike Kate and EtF which were both just stupidly good but boring +1 credit per turn, Noise shifted the mechanics of the game in an interesting way.

It would be cool if they'd print a new, grown-up Noise but with a completely different Virus synergy ability. It's weird to me that there are no Virus IDs other than Noise, but Noise's ability is just way too strong.

Eh, I never liked Noise. It was double dipping; you play viruses because viruses are good. You play Noise because Noise is good. Viruses and Noise have synergy.

Then there's the fact that it's completely uninteractive, and the fact that every mill is a good mill. You're either getting ice, combo pieces, economy, or agendas. Mill as a strategy is just bad. Mill as a tool is good to make archives a target, but mill in general just isn't interesting, I think.

I also see we're down to one 3/2 per corp, outside of Philotic and Merger. Are 5/3s a thing now?

Mill as the pay-off for interacting with the corps boardstate ala Bhagat and Gravedigger is pretty good I think. Milling just because of stuff the runner is doing on their side (Noise, Self-Harm Combo) most definitely isn't.

Merry Rotation Day, everyone!

persona4celestia.jpg
    Alright, fine, you've twisted my arm.

I remade my Glorious Crusade deck, and it seems to still be pretty decent (on jinteki casual at least). I managed to get off a full, four-pronged attack on an unsuspecting runner. Lancelot->Merlinx2, Twins, Lancelot->Merlinx4, Atlas for Lancelot 3, Twins, Lancelot->Merlinx6. He gets through that, and I pop Self-Destruct, paying 5 to bring it above his credit line, and it hits his I've Had Worse. He runs Archives, gets the GFI. My turn comes and I hit him with the Punitive Counterstrike, Atlas token, Punitive.

As fun as net damage Weyland is, I've won more games with 5 advancing Atlas, scoring some other 2-pointer, and then just grabbing the Hostiles out of my deck every turn. I'm thinking I might just ditch the murder and run Titan.

I'm also trying to remake Headlock Reina (so glad she got reprinted) with the turtle AI, but I think the deck is dead without Siphon and Knight (RIP favorite card).

I'm also trying to remake Headlock Reina (so glad she got reprinted) with the turtle AI, but I think the deck is dead without Siphon and Knight (RIP favorite card).

I've seen people on it: Mining accident and non-MWL clone chip can put the corp under the headlock pretty hard.

Huh. Titan FA is surprisingly good now.

• NisiNisi Registered User regular
    Wondering when we're going to see an updated FAQ, maybe today? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the datapacks I'm missing to catch up and start playing again, probably will wait to see how the meta shakes out a little bit more. Really psyched about the new MWL and rotation though.

We had a chat about how the meta is shaping up at our meet last night. I think it's fair to say that people will be relatively tight-lipped about their hot decks until Worlds, which is fair enough, but as none of my group are going we've got no incentive to keep quiet :biggrin:

Very tentatively, something like:

Corp - AgInf, CI Moons, CI Stinson, Gagarin, Titan FA, Skorp rush
    Runner - Geist, Smoke, some form of late game (ProCo?) Shaper

Would love for an Architects of Tomorrow deck to be up there but don't know what it would look like. No idea what a good Anarch deck even looks like. Frantic Mopus with no Levy..? Gang Sign Leela will be A Thing but it's not that good, imho. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dyper labs crack something with Apoc and Equivocation, either.

Gang sign Leela probably makes the cut though, I think it's strong enough. Combo with Maw and Aumakua and it's a decent amount of pressure. Where the deck gets the money it needs now is the trickiest question, and might even be splashing for Liberated Accounts.

I think a cutlery-focused anarch deck seems fine, especially in Kim. Alice has the potential to just be flipping annoying and disruption is great against the rushy Weyland decks. Maw is arguably the best console in the game right now (maybe Astrolabe still).

I think Tapwrm/SacCon is reasonable even in Leela. My issue is if you consider that list of corp decks, Titan and Skorp will be scoring before agendas pile up in HQ, CI has the big hand to dilute agenda density until late game, Gaga has good access to Whampoa, and AgInf has a reasonable rush plan. Gang Sign decks win easily if the Corp floods and has no way to deal with the agendas, but shouldn't any other runner be winning that game anyway?

My Anarch question is what's the win condition? That's where I struggle with them right now.

I mean, Leela by herself is pretty strong against rush decks; also Inside Job. Splash for some r&d pressure out of green and you're probably fine.

I'm guessing Anarch wins are from Turning Wheel or mills, Bhagat or FTM. Maybe even imp.

Epimer wrote: »
    My Anarch question is what's the win condition? That's where I struggle with them right now.

Maw!

All the corps (outside of ci dilution) need to keep important stuff in hand.