As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Agenda Phase is after status phase (that way planets are refreshed for voting)

Ah!
    Time for me to exhaust some more planets in the other game then.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    1 tactics token, 1 strategy token (giving me 2 of each, if I'm not mistaken)

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Allocate two counters to tactic pool. (TP 1 --> 3)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I misremembered the name, 2 Tactics tokens.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    One tactics, one strategy.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    One tactics, two strategy.
    Should leave me with two in tactics and three in strategy

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Waiting on @Preda for token allocation but in the mean time we can go ahead with this agenda:

Agenda Phase

galactic-senate3.png

current map

First Agenda

Terraforming Initiative (Law)-

Elect a hazardous planet.

Attach this card to the elected planet. The resource and influence values of that planet are increased by 1.

Voting begins with player to the left of speaker:

Preda
    MrBlarney
    Elvenshae
    Mojo
    Hedgethorn
    Brody **Speaker**

MrBody on
    Winnu: up to 11 votes
    L1z1x: up to 9 votes
    Creuss: up to 12 votes
    Jol-Nar: up to 13 votes; cannot use just 1 vote
    Arborec: up to 14 votes
    Letnev: up to 8 votes; Speaker

@Elvenshae: Since this is an "Elect Planet" vote, here's where I can offer five of my votes if you want to go for the bonus on Sakulag.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Who still has a Support for the Throne card to trade? Mine is up for grabs

And @MrBlarney your racial promissory card is currently my best offer for mine. So I'm happy to take that.

Otherwise it really looks like Aryz could use terraforming. I'll offer 1 commodity/trade good per five votes from anybody to help support this glorious goal. Up to a total of 3 as that's all I've got right now.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Do planets used in a vote refresh before we move to the next Tactical phase?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Brody wrote: »

Yes. They do not refresh for the second vote though.

Ketar on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

But remember that we'll be voting on two agendas.

edited September 2017
    @Mojo_Jojo @MrBlarney

I propose a three-way deal. I'll pass my 5 votes from Blarney to you, Mojo, to vote for Aryz. You pay him normally for them - and if he wants, he can toss in more votes for an additional payment from you. Blarney, you'd get paid twice for the same votes - once from me, once from Mojo - and Mojo, you won't need to contend against my votes for, e.g., Sakulag, making Aryz much more likely to happen.

Also, also, you guys aren't actually neighbors yet, so you can't exchange anything with each other, but I sit between the two of you, and can freely trade with both.

At the same time, I'd really like your Research agreement again. So I'll toss in an extra commodity or trade good for you next time I get some - essentially, you'd get 5 votes and no competition against me for the price of your promissory note. In addition, I'll throw in my Cease Fire until I pay you, just like last time.

Thoughts?

Elvenshae on
    We can freely trade with non neighbours on this phase

I'm not sure if understand your proposed deals @Elvenshae can you explicitly spell then out for me?

I have no hazardous planets, and so am not all that invested in the outcome of this agenda. But I do have the most votes (and I vote 2nd-to-last), and so I am quite invested in any bribes that anyone would like to pay me for my votes.

Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I have no hazardous planets, and so am not all that invested in the outcome of this agenda. But I do have the most votes (and I vote 2nd-to-last), and so I am quite invested in any bribes that anyone would like to pay me for my votes.

I'll take ten off your hands for two trade goods

edited September 2017
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    We can freely trade with non neighbours on this phase

Ah. Of course that rule is under "Transaction."
    I'm not sure if understand your proposed deals Elvenshae can you explicitly spell then out for me?

Sure, @Mojo_Jojo!

I'm nominally interested in voting for Sakulag to obtain the bonus for myself, and I've already got a lock on 5 of @MrBlarney's votes from a previous transaction.

I am offering:

I will not vote for Sakulag
    I will instruct MrBlarney to instead sells those votes to you for 1 commodity (and can sell you more if he wants)
    I will pay you an additional 1 commodity or trade good when I next get one to hand over (net cost of MrBlarney's votes: 0)

In return:
    You give me your Research Agreement promissory note
    I give you my Cease Fire promissory note until I pay you back

So, you get 5 votes and eliminate a competitor in this round of voting at the cost of your Research Agreement. MrBlarney gets paid twice for his 5 votes (once from me, earlier, once from you).

Elvenshae on
    Sorry @Elvenshae upgrading a planet that I currently hold isn't worth handing you a VP. You'll need to up the offer substantially

EDIT:

Or, alternatively, @Mojo_Jojo, I could offer you my racial promissory note instead of the commodity / trade good, which would let you expand some wormhole networks to somewhere else on your western side, thereby allowing me to more easily pass by you. It's less useful immediately, but potentially more FUN (TM) in the long-run.

edited September 2017
    @Mojo_Jojo

How would you be handing me a VP? And make me an offer for what you'd need for this to happen.

Elvenshae on
    It seems your promissory note is more useful to you than me. Pass it out and have somebody expand your network for you.

How about
    Vote for Abyyz now, give your three commodities and your trade agreement promissory card and I'll give you my racial card

So, you want 12 votes, 3 commodities (that are already spoken for; not sure why they're still on my sheet), 4 more commodities later, in exchange for 1 Tech?

That's a bad trade; I can just spend 4 trade goods and a strat token and buy a tech, thanks.

Soyez raisonnable!

edited September 2017
    @Hedgethorn

We are now allowed to trade! I would like to exchange your Trade Agreement promissory note for my NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!* per the agreement we made in the middle of last turn.

If you'd like to adjust our deal, and expand it, let me know.

* Actually, for services already rendered but it sounds funnier this way. :)

Elvenshae on
    @Elvenshae Happy to give you my trade note, per our earlier agreement. I'm also happy to give you a few votes instead if you'd prefer.

Updated to show Creuss should have zero commodities right now.

@Hedgethorn

Well, then - would you spend all your votes on Sakulag in exchange?

@MrBody

Thanks!

@Elvenshae

Since I get 2nd-to-last vote, if Sakulag is in a position to win the vote, I'll give you all my votes (or at least enough to ensure Sakulag wins). Fair?

@Mojo_Jojo

Any changes in your position, to remove me as an opponent on this vote?

edited September 2017
    Actually, @Hedgethorn, how about I buy all of your votes this Agenda phase at the more-or-less-5-per-commodity price that @Mojo_Jojo was offering and let you keep your Trade Agreement (worth 3 commodities, and you have 14 votes)?

Also, I promise not to spend them to vote to screw you over, personally, in the second voting phase if you sell them to me.

Elvenshae on
    @Elvenshae: You could sub in hedgethorn's trade card to make up the short fall of the commodities (we'd need to do a two stage trade across this and the second voting round which would rely on a non binding agreement).

Otherwise MrBlarney still has made me the best offer

@Mojo_Jojo

Your price for a single technology is far, far too high - especially given that you're willing to sell it to someone else for a command token, the going rate for which is 3 influence.

@Elvenshae: Hmm, so it would seem that the net result is that you'll still want my votes for this agenda? Otherwise, I'll bundle some of them up with a transaction to Mojo_Jojo.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @MrBlarney

Yes, I will definitely keep the 5 I purchased, and will likely ask you to vote for Sakulag. That leaves you with 4 remaining. How about holding on to the until the second round of voting, since Mojo's only paying 1 commodity for 5 votes? I might be able to combo them with @Hedgethorn's, assuming he lets me buy his, to do something interesting for us all.

I think I'll hold onto the votes for now, @Elvenshae.

Give Elvenshae my Trade Agreement promissory note, in exchange for services previously rendered.

We are saddened, but understand. :D

Still waiting on @Preda , right?

He hasn't been on for a couple days; hope everything's okay!

Something about the Winny running an experiment with Lazax teleportation gates when a fly snuck into one of the teleporters. Hope it turned out ok!

Hmm...it's nearly a week since we've heard from @Preda . Would any standbys be interested in taking over?

edited October 2017
    Double post

Mojo_Jojo on