As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    We were out of nail polish remover and I'd botched a Marker application on the eyes so I went and picked up a new bottle. I guess all nail polish removers are not the same, cause this one fucking melted the part, and now I'm very upset. It's the eyes too, so it's not like I can hide it.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    We were out of nail polish remover and I'd botched a Marker application on the eyes so I went and picked up a new bottle. I guess all nail polish removers are not the same, cause this one fucking melted the part, and now I'm very upset. It's the eyes too, so it's not like I can hide it.

most nail polish remover is acetone based, which melts plastic

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I'm ba-ack!

Currently building an RX 78 Local Type.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I use rubbing alcohol to remove paint from gunpla parts. Haven't had an issue yet. Sucks about the melted part.

Bluefin will replace the part if it's a bluefin-distributed kit. It will take a while to arrrive, but they will do it and it's a free service.

Renzo on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I'm ba-ack!

Currently building an RX 78 Local Type.

Gold, Black, or White & Blue color scheme?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

You have to use the non-acetone nail polish remover.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I'm at work, so Twitter is blocked, but someone uploaded a video of the light show/promotion for the new 1/1 Unicorn Gundam. It's real good. The music in Unicorn is so good. The Unicorn transforms in time with the scenes and glows the correct colors for each scene. Plus, all the lighting effects mirror what's happening on the screen.

• Options
    Wow, he wasn't back for long.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Wow, he wasn't back for long.

She, and she requested a temp ban.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    So it looks like Bandai is releasing a new figure line that seems it might be "in scale" with MSIA.

They are roughly 4 inches tall. So it looks like a Unicorn Gundam will be added to my MSIA collection. I may grab the Nu and Sazabi too even though I have the MSIA versions.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    I didn't even realize this was coming out until it was on my doorstep. This brave new world of P-bandai in the US is an interesting one:

vil6Dq1.jpg

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Crossposted from D&D Science:
    Lanz wrote: »
    So hey

Does this count as Science?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ldJswGpkjY

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Gundam Versus is out today! Time to Izuna drop fools.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I require an HGUC 1/144 Moon Gundam now

Please, Bandai

Give me the Moon Gundam

YPCyVJG.jpg

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Looks like an extension of the GP suits

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    gundam with sazabi shoulders? i can dig it

y'think it's a sequel to Moon Crisis :razz: ?

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Nah, Moon Crisis is U.C. 0099, Moon Gundam is U.C. 0091 and 0092 (so just before Char's Counterattack)

The "Moon" in question is Moon Moon from ZZ

Also Mechanical designs are Ippei Gyobu, so I'm really hoping we'll get some kits like the IBO Steel Moon manga got.

EDIT: And, for bonus, how the suit looks before Amuro takes it out and the head unit goes drifting off towards Moon Moon; so maybe kits of both eventually?

vLJc1MM.jpg?1

the Fin Funnels and the bits on the head appear to be Psychoframe too, so here's hoping UV reactive plastic when time comes?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I hope we get Amuro's custom Dijeh.

I also love that Amuro goes up against a funnel-equipped high performance prototype Gundam with a Dijeh and comes out on top.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Is that not the same Dijeh as the RE100 kit?

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Is that not the same Dijeh as the RE100 kit?

I'm not sure if there any anatomical differences, but the coloration is different. That could obviously be done with paint, but it would be nice to have an alt-color version.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    It's a bit different, but it might just come down to different artist reinterpreting the unit than being a full on different version like, say, the Dijeh SE-R

couple more from another gundam thread elsewhere; also, big:
    WLOva8t.jpg
    1506453081723.jpg

vs. the Re/100:

re04_08.jpg
    re04_03.jpg

EDIT: over a couple glances, major structural differences include reduced size on the wing binders, addition of larger backpack thrusters, a more squat, wider head with vulcan cabling more visually distinctive as an ammo belt (not sure if my terminology is accurate there) rather than, say, Zeonic Company suits various types of cabling/tubing; as well a generally more "modern" styling regarding it's geometry than the types of curves you saw back in the 80s from Fujita's original design

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The day I have long await has arrived!

5wcehq3n4m7n.jpg

Char has some buddies!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I'm trying out seam line removal on the Kotobukiya Xenoblade Formula Doll. It's pretty fun, excited to see how it looks after painting. As it is now, I can still see every seam... but running a finger over em, can't quite feel em now. :D

The paint guide is confusing though. There's a loooot of colours all over this thing.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Pro tip if anyone else gets a Zaku II Type C/Type C-5

The little hip piece that rocks forward and back and actually holds the legs on seems to fall off the frame in transit. First Zaku II I just built the piece fell off and I could not find it. I used a donor transplant from a YMS-03 Waff, since most of these Origin kits have lots of shared parts.

Afterward I located the piece under something on the floor but the second kit had the same issue.

FYI.

Also this is much darker green than I thought it would be. More like the coloring of the Zaku II from the Thunderbolt line. The grunt one, not the crazy one.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    y'know if i didn't know it was a manga i'd be tempted to think that that Moon Gundam was from some bootleg dvd cover

speaking of:

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    That's not even his final form.

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    oh, hm. kinda really want to grab this someday but whew, that pricetag
    http://bandai-hobby.net/item/2130/
    DXJBkyjl.jpg
    IpkCPZrl.jpg

• Options
    Cool dude cyclops club!

1x438seqz6ro.jpg

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Long live Zaku.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    My P-Bandai package arrived

• Options
    huh, those are really dark green

also *squints at waff* that's no zaku......

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Has anyone here used Alclad's klear kote stuff? It seems to be recommended a lot, but all I can find googling it is horror stories about it never curing or dissolving plastics. D:

Anyone got recommendations for top coat I can put on bare plastic?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @EidolonOrpheus So you kitbashed Stargazer, Gadessa, and... something else in there?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Only Gadessa and Stargazer with some builders parts to fashion a backpack for the ring, the rifles, and the cannon holster/charging pack.

• Options
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

Gosh! This snuck up on us. I made plans for tonight not knowing this was going to happen.

I think it'll be wise to request no unmarked spoilers in this thread, please.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

I’m making chicken wings for the mech fight friends are coming over fight night fight night

• Options
    Is that the RG or MG version?

This discussion has been closed.