As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Perpetuum

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Perpetuum

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    I watched that shit on netflix (outside the US), and I thoroughly approve not shelling out any money for it at this point. Maybe it'll get better, but I'm not counting on it.

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I refuse to trust something that needs my credit card when its free.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    First two episodes I enjoyed greatly. But those were a flashback, and the third episode switched up the setting, tone, and a lot of the cast, and felt like a middling Enterprise episode. If that's more representative of the series it's not going to stand up.

Also, the main story thrust seems to be going for a rehash of season two Enterprise with the space Al Qaida, and that was the weakest season of anything Star Trek has done.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    poipoigirl wrote: »

I should keep a completely drained VISA/Mastercard/AMEX gift card for things like this. I wonder if they'd be smart enough to recognize that it wasn't a regular one they could ream when I forgot to cancel.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Probably need to keep like $10 on there.

Otherwise I keep shilling for a Simple account; it's a true debit card where you can only spend what's in the account.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    poipoigirl wrote: »

I should keep a completely drained VISA/Mastercard/AMEX gift card for things like this. I wonder if they'd be smart enough to recognize that it wasn't a regular one they could ream when I forgot to cancel.

A lot of services have wised up to this. Some charge up front and refund if you cancel, so effectively it's your second month free. Others do a charge and then void it. When my wife started Hulu we just straight up didn't get a free month until after months of complaining.

• Options
    Jakk FrostJakk Frost Registered User regular
    It was a good sci-fi show, but it had no real "Star Trek" feeling to it, at least not prime timeline. It's obviously based on JJ's Trek in overall design (lens flares and Dutch tilts galore, not to mention the new Klingon look, which I dislike at the moment), but even JJ's captured some feel of prime Star Trek a la TOS and TNG.

STD (Unfortunate name choice for the show, too) does not. At least we have 'The Orville', which is doing it so much better.

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    so the other day I heard about the new Blade Runner animated short Blackout 2022 and that it would only be available on "Crunchyroll". I was like, wtf is Crunchyroll? When I landed on their page nothing but a splash page telling me I could sign up for free. I noped out and just waited for someone to put it on Youtube. I think I might be a wierdo as I have never signed up for Hulu, Netflix or any other streaming sights even though every media device I have bought in the last 5 years has had that shit pre-loaded.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    so the other day I heard about the new Blade Runner animated short Blackout 2022 and that it would only be available on "Crunchyroll". I was like, wtf is Crunchyroll? When I landed on their page nothing but a splash page telling me I could sign up for free. I noped out and just waited for someone to put it on Youtube. I think I might be a wierdo as I have never signed up for Hulu, Netflix or any other streaming sights even though every media device I have bought in the last 5 years has had that shit pre-loaded.

You can almost always watch the same series on Crunchyroll without subscribing. The only downside is you have to wait a week plus deal with the ads which typically come as 3 blocks per episode (usually just after the opening sequence, somewhere in the middle, and after the final scene before the credits) and each block can be upwards of 3x30s or more that cant be skipped.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    "safe harbor for Sheldons of any age" is what makes this strip for me. If I have to hear from one more well-meaning family member who says Sheldon reminds them of me (or vice versa)...

Big Bang Theory is a cancer and a crime and it perpetuates some really gross social ideas. I have no doubt the spinoff will be just as bad. It's creators deserve to go to gaol, or perhaps be hurled into the sun.

• Options
    SeananigansSeananigans Registered User new member
    Hurled into the sun seems like an overreaction. The kind a Sheldon would be prone to make...

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    not interested in either of the space shows.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm just now listening to the DLC podcast to catch up on it at work, but I really really miss the video of them being recorded and edited together. I would have loved to see Tycho's face when watching the Young Sheldon trailer.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I'm just now listening to the DLC podcast to catch up on it at work, but I really really miss the video of them being recorded and edited together. I would have loved to see Tycho's face when watching the Young Sheldon trailer.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    For some reason, my parents thought that letting me learn the term "perpetuum" at a young age was a good idea.