As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Jobs]: The Reason People Are Stuck In Airports

19495969798100»

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    sent in my signed offer letter, other company let me know they were working with HR to put an offer together. Now I have to give them the breakup call. Feel a little bad about it. I'll wait for a few hours in case something freakish happens with my like, offer being withdrawn or something.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Just got a call back on an application I sent in last night, interview scheduled for Monday afternoon!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Not sure where else to post this, but I'm eating lunch at a little Korean place and they have local classical station on, and there's a wind orchestra version of Bohemian Rhapsody playing.

steam_sig.png
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Not sure where else to post this, but I'm eating lunch at a little Korean place and they have local classical station on, and there's a wind orchestra version of Bohemian Rhapsody playing.

That's cool and all, but there will always be a special place in my heart for the Tejano & accordion version of Michael Jackson's Beat It.

And by 'special place,' I mean 'this is what going insane feels like.'

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I just climbed in a reactor! It was cool! And 150 feet tall! I'm kinda stinky now!

Sometimes jaerbs are fun.

@milski

What is it that you do? I'm changing careers, going to be doing demo work in the meantime but looking to get into a skilled trade apprenticeship. Any pointers?

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I remember going to this little cafe in Seattle one day and they started playing Audioslave and I was like, "Whoa a new Audioslave song?" and it was Seven Nation Army. And it was a super amazing dope cover from a live performance that I was really bummed I didn't get to go to.

Wait I thought this was the beard thread.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Overheard in the office.

Coworker: "Yeah I'm not getting the flu vaccine. I never get it, no big deal."

*swoops in*

Me: "Sounds like somebody needs some education in SCIENCE! Now let me tell you about herd immunity."

Coworker: "But there's a study against vaccines that--

Me: "Sweet merciful Jenner we've got an advanced case. I need 30 cc's of antibullshit stat!"

*Dialogue may have been slightly exaggarated for entertainment purposes.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I remember going to this little cafe in Seattle one day and they started playing Audioslave and I was like, "Whoa a new Audioslave song?" and it was Seven Nation Army. And it was a super amazing dope cover from a live performance that I was really bummed I didn't get to go to.

Wait I thought this was the beard thread.

Beard thread update: Mustache didn't look absolutely terrible when I let it grow out alongside general stubble. But after shaving the stubble (leaving just the stache and my pre-existing goatee) I looked like a super lame history teacher, so now the stache is gone.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Aaaaagh fuck the networking infrastructure in this shithole

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    A perfectly sane, reasonable, and intelligent seeming volunteer just mentioned she's using homeopathic antimalarials. I've never met one of these people before. I feel like I should study her.

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    A perfectly sane, reasonable, and intelligent seeming volunteer just mentioned she's using homeopathic antimalarials. I've never met one of these people before. I feel like I should study her.

Maybe don't get too close. She probably has malaria.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    We were told yesterday about a major update to the desktop version of the software we use for the airport fuel sales by an email just telling us the new version number and when they needed everyone to be logged out for an hour. I sent a mail back basically saying that I must not have gotten the email with the release notes telling us what's changed and if they could point me towards those. I have yet to receive a reply.

That can't be common, right? I feel like I've yet to see a video game not send out some sort of release notes, let alone a major professional software solution.

Or a major software solution, at least.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

well when they redid the store a few years ago the manager at the time was so cheap he had them install the boxes but not the network or blades It was one of the many reasons he was quietly fired.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

I've got a giant spool of cat5e in my truck I can lend you.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.