As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Counseling Can Never Die

Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache lifeRegistered User regular
edited April 2020 in Social Entropy++
hi hello everybody!

it's a camp counseling thread!

it's the camp counseling thread!

2v34l0h.jpg

so what’s a camp counseling you may be asking? well, it’s a thing i been doing off and on for like a fucking decade at this point. the gist is i like a lot of weird and dumb and absurd movies. and, since i swim in trash on the reg, i discover a ton of shit ya’ll gotta see. with the internet, i can do that super easy.

so, i get a bunch of cats together and we watch some trash via the internet (usually rabb.it)

but there’s a twist!!!!

when you show up to the chat room or theater (hopefully, someday, maybe), you will not know what is being played!!!!

it’s a complete mystery!!!

you could see anything: trashy, bottom bin horror movies! direct to video action flicks from the eighties! eurosleaze! blaxploitation! lifetime original movies! and every ridiculous thing in between. also, probably a lot of chad lowe. that dude pops up a lot when you deep dive into the cinema dumpster.

to get kind of a feel of what kinda movies you may see, here’s some previously featured movies (in no way is this a complete list, as i been doing this off and on for years and i ain’t write down shit.)

highway to hell
dreamaniac
the nude vampire
cool breeze
street trash
sexting in suburbia
dollman
uncle sam
evolver
rock ‘n’ roll nightmare
the video dead

instructions for how to do the thing:
Goose! wrote: »
HeadCreeps wrote: »
I am interested in joining y'all, how do I partake?

Step 1: www.kastapp.co and create an account
Step 2: PM Rorshach your username
Step 3: Pick and obtain your preferred method of joining (they have a download app, web app that works in Chrome only, or phone apps)
Step 4: Join at around 8 PM PST/11 PM EST (sometimes a little before as he does a preshow, but never more than 15 minutes before)

I think that's about it.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Rorshach Kringle on

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Is drinking mandatory, or is it required?

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    both!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    won't be able to make this week but this sounds like a heck of a thing

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I am intrigued by this concept. I'll try to be home in time to get in on it, but can't make any promises.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure I can make it again tonight, but definitely not for a second movie.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So this sounds interesting - assuming I can stay up late enough to enjoy. Is it just a text chat while watching the same movie?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    8pm PST is way past my bedtime.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That's like... 10pm!

Im not a crazy person.

edited September 2017
    So this sounds interesting - assuming I can stay up late enough to enjoy. Is it just a text chat while watching the same movie?

Yes. It's formatted a bit like Twitch or something similar. You have one screen on which everyone is watching the same video feed, with chat scrolling over to the right.

Ketar on
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    But...but this is like my designated go to the bar time

aGPmIBD.jpg
    shut up and do a camp counseling, gus

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I gotta spend nine hours at the reference desk starting at 8 AM tomorrow, the first shift of a seven-day swing. I will need to patiently explain why I don't know somebody else's Yahoo password. There will be children playing Minecraft who will not be able to handle their shit.

Look deep into my internet eyes and tell me, honestly: is tonight's movie good enough to roll through that sleep-deprived and hungover, or should I hang tight for next week?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    would the likes of Death Spa sustain you through this day?

lfchwLd.jpg
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'll do my best to stay up and give this a shot.

I did just go make a custom six pack at the grocery store, at any rate.

This seems like a good use for it.

Jedoc wrote: »
    I gotta spend nine hours at the reference desk starting at 8 AM tomorrow, the first shift of a seven-day swing. I will need to patiently explain why I don't know somebody else's Yahoo password. There will be children playing Minecraft who will not be able to handle their shit.

Look deep into my internet eyes and tell me, honestly: is tonight's movie good enough to roll through that sleep-deprived and hungover, or should I hang tight for next week?

yes*

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I choose to interpret your asterisk as emphasis. Very well, then.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Ketar wrote: »
    Pretty sure I can make it again tonight, but definitely not for a second movie.

yeah definitely gonna not do a second movie

donna wanna run outta material, really

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Jedoc wrote: »

I have to get my kids up and ready for my son to get to an 8am soccer game with enough time to warm-up. We're going to have to get up earlier tomorrow than we do for a school day. And my wife is working tomorrow, so it's just me solo with the two of them.

So I'll roll with sadly light drinking tonight and deal with the lack of sleep with large amounts of caffeine.

yo the room is live now

yo i got a doozy for ya'll

https://lets.rabb.it/886j/0SqkMo7OQG

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    pasta breath

b1ehrMM.gif
    edited September 2017
    @Rorshach Kringle i did watch the movie, but the app was crazy on my tablet.

i triiiiiiied to get back in to comment that yes, Unsolved Mysteries is great.

i watched a lot of freaky-ass episodes as a kid, so that theme can give me chills.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
    the unsolved mysteries theme i the spookiest song of all time

fight me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    God it is like wheel of the worst but you don't even know what is on the wheel.... I AM TOTES IN! :D

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »
    God it is like wheel of the worst but you don't even know what is on the wheel.... I AM TOTES IN! :D

tenor.gif

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Okami wrote: »
    Chimera wrote: »

tenor.gif

On that note may I recommend the following for your consideration:

dg1c3wdd2cc7.jpg
    6fptet9nafoo.jpg
    jdxnqiryx2hz.jpeg
    uq42avndr7i4.png
    (ALTERNATE COVER AND NAME FOR PRANK IN SPOILER BELOW)
    9hy5on0ukzv9.jpg

edited September 2017
    You know you are getting grade A unapologetic and unadulterated schlock when you get this warning on the front cover.

qcl48o32kk5v.jpg

If I wasn't so vain that would be my new profile icon.

Chimera on
    all suggestions will immediately be thrown in the trash. camp counseling is in no way a democracy and is beholden solely to my whims of the day.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

all suggestions will immediately be thrown in the trash. camp counseling is in no way a democracy and is beholden solely to my whims of the day.

A true Dick Tater

• existexist Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

yeah really you wouldn’t go the louvre and start telling em what paintings they should put up (this may actually be something that happens at the louvre, I don’t care)

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    exist wrote: »

yeah really you wouldn’t go the louvre and start telling em what paintings they should put up (this may actually be something that happens at the louvre, I don’t care)

I man it IS bullshit that they don't have a single dog playing poker

exist wrote: »

I man it IS bullshit that they don't have a single dog playing poker

fuck you for making me have to agree with you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

my dude was gifted that poster by his brother. i hung it in our first apartment, but i have refused to repeat that, and it's just leaning on the back of his desk.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    my dude was gifted that poster by his brother. i hung it in our first apartment, but i have refused to repeat that, and it's just leaning on the back of his desk.

You only bring our the good china when you have special guests

pooka wrote: »

You only bring our the good china when you have special guests

gotta save something for when the pope comes to visit

6vjsgrerts6r.png

A true Dick Tater

Fine, play that TRUMP card. It was only suggestion. #MCCGA #DRAINTHEVHCCESSPOOL

I'm going to be that one kid at camp who tries to break all the rules and organizes the prank where a camp counselor's bed is put out on the island swimming dock. It's going to be like the summer of 2000 all over again!

alh6sdf5rpo7.jpg

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Man, what was that one that we watched where the lady was hired by a family to look over their brain-damaged son? That was a fucked up movie.

the baby!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Reginald wrote: »
    Man, what was that one that we watched where the lady was hired by a family to look over their brain-damaged son? That was a fucked up movie.

Mary Poppins? The Pacifier? It's an endless list!

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    this week's camp counseling will be a cautionary tale

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    this is intriguing hmm

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.