As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] In The Mountain

1939495969799»

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I did 20 miles and I feel fine. I mean a little rekt but no more than the usual.

And then I used my Starbucks stars to get a massive horchata frappuccino

The post long run treat of very slow definitely not champions

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    new boss is changing things around and really screwing things up for me

i have raised this in several emails and he just ignores them??

i kinda want to escalate the issue but idk? I feel like the main manager will just side with the guy he just hired to show solidarity

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    omg it is 45 degrees and rainy and windy out and the guy who works at the shoe store attached to the store I'm at has decided for some reason to prop the door open wtf

Because it's awesome out.

I like this weather too, but I like to be wrapped in a blanket while experiencing it!

also I like this weather because Pinecone goes from building a blanket wall between us to prevent me from accidentally rolling my furnace-body against him during the night to sleeping essentially on top of me in order to leech my body heat

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    omg it is 45 degrees and rainy and windy out and the guy who works at the shoe store attached to the store I'm at has decided for some reason to prop the door open wtf

Sounds amazing.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

o btw @Abdhyius remember our discussion re: novocaine - for my root canal I was needled a total of 10 times :|

for my root canal I was needled zero times

10 is better

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    also a decent sign since that seems like they actually believe you instead of doing the "well of course you're going to feel it if you focus on it" thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I did 20 miles and I feel fine. I mean a little rekt but no more than the usual.

And then I used my Starbucks stars to get a massive horchata frappuccino

The post long run treat of very slow definitely not champions

Good god...

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also a decent sign since that seems like they actually believe you instead of doing the "well of course you're going to feel it if you focus on it" thing

they did not INITIALLY believe me - I told them and they were like "well maybe your dentist is just bad at it"

but when I could still feel the cold after the first 4 needles they were like "ok maybe you're right"

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote: »
    new boss is changing things around and really screwing things up for me

i have raised this in several emails and he just ignores them??

i kinda want to escalate the issue but idk? I feel like the main manager will just side with the guy he just hired to show solidarity

it depends

what is he changing, how is this screwing things up for you

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I want to get a piece of paper that says categorically that says something like "this patient does not in any way have a phobia of dentists

any clenching or trepidation or agitation is due to the pain you are causing him

do not tell him to "relax", give him more drugs or just go through with it"

but not have that in my actual journal because when I pulled this tooth I established this, to make the assistant stop saying "relax, you're very tense", the dentist said she'd try another shot but if that wasn't enough I'd have to go on antibiotics and wait a week because she was not going to torture me

so I did my best to not let on that I could totally feel the pain still, because no jesus christ no not another fucking day of the pain of the previous night

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    first time I've encountered a dentist who refused to cause me pain

I've only experienced between "tries not to" and "doesn't quite understand the concept of pain"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

they did not INITIALLY believe me - I told them and they were like "well maybe your dentist is just bad at it"

but when I could still feel the cold after the first 4 needles they were like "ok maybe you're right"

why do they never believe us

is it the people who are super afraid of dentistry work who fuck it up for us?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 3.3

@Quid will create the new thread
    @RMS Oceanic is backup

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »
    @skippydumptruck the fun vendor will turn any 3 of the same blue mod into a purple mod that adds +5 light.

Once you apply it you should remember the base light level of the modded item is lower than its displayed power level by 5, and that's what matters for infusion.

So if you have a 295 item with a mod that takes it to 300, and and unmodded 300 item, you can infuse the umodded 300 into the modded one, and it goes up to 305 because you keep the mod.

@elki okay but it is something I want to do right

and are there particular ones that I should be like, making or whatever

I don't think I have any kinetic ones to put on my main weapon and the others seem kinda meh, do I just care about them for the +5?

Kinetics are a pain the ass to make. You need to dismantle your purple mods. Each one you dismantle gives you a mod component. The gunsmith has a "Create Weapon Mod" option that takes two mod components and gives you a random weapon mod, with a 1/4 chance of it being a kinetic damage mod.

And you mainly want them for the +5, and the perks if you like them. I like the grenade cooldown reduction mods.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.