As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borat is very racist

123457»

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I will sometimes put the same movie on over and over again while I'm doing other tasks.

Just easier to hit play or put on repeat than it is to take a few minutes and find another thing that I'm not really watching anyways.

Then why have anything at all? Or why not just put a random TV channel on instead to avoid the repetition?

the repetition is the point as is having something going on in the background

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Jackass 2 was the first R rated movie that I ever snuck into, so it has a special place in my heart.

I think that Jackass 3 might be my favorite? I remember 2 being much funnier, but 3 didn't have that gross/racist taxi sketch, and it seemed like 3 was more about having fun than going all in on self-mutilation and really over the top garbage sketches.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Because white background noise helps some people out with things, and if your bg noise is something you've seen a million times on repeat, you won't acciedentally get pulled into something dumb like random tv

• Options
    Knob wrote: »
    Because white background noise helps some people out with things, and if your bg noise is something you've seen a million times on repeat, you won't acciedentally get pulled into something dumb like random tv

plus the familiarity is very comforting if it's an anxiety based issue

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The high five bit will still to this day have me laughing to tears every time I see it.

It is perfect comedy.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I will sometimes put the same movie on over and over again while I'm doing other tasks.

Just easier to hit play or put on repeat than it is to take a few minutes and find another thing that I'm not really watching anyways.

Then why have anything at all? Or why not just put a random TV channel on instead to avoid the repetition?

what's a TV channel?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Kadith wrote: »

what's a TV channel?

perfume for your tv i believe

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    It's like Netflix, except instead of just dumping garbage into your queue that you don't want to watch, they go ahead and show it to you with no input whatsoever.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

plus the familiarity is very comforting if it's an anxiety based issue

Okay so it's not just me then.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

The hands-free fidget spinner

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Weeman is a better skater than Bam anyway.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Jackass 2 was the first R rated movie that I ever snuck into, so it has a special place in my heart.

I think that Jackass 3 might be my favorite? I remember 2 being much funnier, but 3 didn't have that gross/racist taxi sketch, and it seemed like 3 was more about having fun than going all in on self-mutilation and really over the top garbage sketches.

My dad let me have a "sick day" off school to go and see Jackass when I was technically too young to actually see it, so I also have pretty fond memories. Never actually saw the other two though since by then I was in college and I was "mature" and Jackass was "not cool anymore", even though I totally wanted to go and see them. I think I'm going to have to correct this.
    Shorty wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    i only saw one of the movies and none of the tv, what made Bam such a tool lord?

the best way to put it is that Johnny Knoxville will do anything to himself to make his friends laugh

whereas Bam Margera will do anything to someone else to make his friends laugh

and also he's an adult man who still uses homophobic slurs (or did when he had his own show, maybe he finally grew out of it)

I think Bam is less of a shit-head now. All I know for sure is Ryan's death was one hell of a wakeup call for most of the Jackass crew, hence Steve-O being a health nut now, and he was Bam's best friend at the time. So I don't know if he's any less of a dick, but he at least claims to have turned his life around and stopped doing drugs.

The thing that makes it hard for me to like Steve-O is he really seems to hate video-games for some reason. And then he went on Game Grumps, a game-related YouTube channel and proceeded to talk at length about how he hates video-games and he'd rather find his kids smoking weed than playing video-games because they're such a waste of time. This coming from a guy who gets hit in the balls for a living.
    so we've covered Borat and Jackass

what about Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

A masterpiece. My favorite thing about Kung Pow is that it has a critic score of 14/100 on Metacritic, but a user score of 8.7/10. Likewise on Rotten Tomatoes it has a critic score of 11% and a user score of 68%.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    Man this discussion is really making me rethink bam margera. I don't like love the guy but I never got the vibes people are talking about here. But I havent watched any of his stuff in like a decade at least. The only thing I remember was that Don't Feed Phil truck because it drove by where I worked in highschool.

I've only seen the Jackass movies and the odd episode of Viva La Bam (thanks to my wife watching the DVDs), but he seemed insufferable during that early 2000's period. Every episode I saw of Viva La Bam was just him being a shitty person to his family and never really getting any kind of comeuppance for it, which made me go from not caring about the guy to actively hating him. He just seems like a self-absorbed asshole.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    I remember in high school really hating both Bam Margera and the band HIM, and then I found out Bam was a huge fan of the band/friends with its members and suddenly everything made sense.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I generally won't watch movies on repeat, but I do have a handful of things I'll put on when I'm trying to go to sleep, because having a familiar noise helps. Sometimes it backfires, though, I turned on ET to have one while I tried to sleep and about an hour in I realized that I was just up late watching ET

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTmtfzPPCI
    Loomis Fall came up with the idea for the Night Pandas segment, and he was brought along on the stunt because no one wanted to break it to him that pandas are from China and not Japan.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular

The thing that makes it hard for me to like Steve-O is he really seems to hate video-games for some reason. And then he went on Game Grumps, a game-related YouTube channel and proceeded to talk at length about how he hates video-games and he'd rather find his kids smoking weed than playing video-games because they're such a waste of time. This coming from a guy who gets hit in the balls for a living.

Hes right tho

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Video games and weed can bother be really damaging to your life if abused. Hot take.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    But what about a weed video game. The dankest one

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    so can glide suits and heroin, whats your point

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

all fun things are bad

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

all fun things are bad

This explains a lot about my dating history.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

Hes right tho

what does this have to do with borat

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Kazakhstan number one exporter of video games

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    This is an off-topic forum, it's very nice

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Borat never smoked weed or played video games

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Borat never smoked weed or played video games

[borat voice]

Straight edge!

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Borat did NOT smoke weed or play video games

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    borat fucks

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    but do Borat vape?

• Options
    This weed is indica. NOT