As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Here's the box shot:
    8.jpg

And he's quite articulated, by the way.
    2.jpg

Inquisitor on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That's nice, I like all the removable armor; (granted it stays on when you put it on) Is it 12inches?

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • eryu90eryu90 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have the DCSH Robin he can't bend his elbows and like the DCSH Nightwing and some others like Joker they are rereleases or left overs from the old Batman line Mattel used to do.

eryu90 on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    That's nice, I like all the removable armor; (granted it stays on when you put it on) Is it 12inches?

Yeah, 12 inches. Everything stays on quite well from the couple reviews I read.

Inquisitor on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Lux wrote: »
    The problem with the DCSH Robin & Nightwing is that they aren't really well articulated. I just hope the DCU figures match with the DCSH collection I've already got going.

23 points of articulation is plenty. You may not get some of the rediculous poses going that you could get with some Marvel Legends, but you don't lose quality in the sculpt with ugly ball jointed hips and such.

I don't know about Robin, but the DCSH Nightwing can't even bend his elbows

When I posted that I thought he was talking about the DCU Classics line.

But yeah, Robin, Nightwing, Batman etc all had bad articulation in the pre DCSH line (Robin and Nightwing were just repacks under the new name)

I looked through the new ToyFare today, and man do the new Justice figures look great. I do wish they went with a two pack for Toyman though, featuring the Toyman robot and Winslow Schott.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2007
    I picked up Series 2 of New Frontier today. Like Series 1, they are fantastic, both in sculpt and paint.

Watch out on Dr. Fate though, especially if you plan on buying him online. Out of the three my shop had, only one didn't have gold smudges over the blue costume. Other than that though, flawless. Shame we didn't get a Robin pack in with Batman, or the originally planned Billy Batson accessory with Fate.

Bad Karma on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Justice League International is announced, and is currently scheduled for three waves. There are preliminary sketches of G'nort, Black Canary, Ice and Batman. Both Booster and Beetle are mentioned as a part of the future waves.
    fuck yes

although I don't know if I'd want to display Black Canary in her JLI costume

That's the sort of costume someone is going to lose an eye on.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Justice League International is announced, and is currently scheduled for three waves. There are preliminary sketches of G'nort, Black Canary, Ice and Batman. Both Booster and Beetle are mentioned as a part of the future waves.
    fuck yes

Google has failed me, link an image?

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    fuck yes

Google has failed me, link an image?

blackcanaryani05flamesrl4.gif

it's the one she's burning

also I think she wore a headband, too

i forget

Garlic Bread on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Also, with Hasbro having Marvel, where in the hell are my g.i. joe-style 5" marvel figures to go with my old street fighter, mortal kombat....

My bad, I apparently meant 3 3/4" scale as Toyfare's website has corrected me.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Um... there were a bunch of mediocre 3" 3/4 Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat figures back in the day...

DouglasDanger on
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I really dig the new GI Joe figures that they have been putting out at that scale the last couple of years. Marvel ones would be so rad. And my shitty little Dhalsim figure was one of my favorites as a child.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited December 2007
    If you want to see some nice G.I Joe figures, check out Fugayzie's custom Joes

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27741 - That's just his index, all the links go to posts in his customs thread.

They're all Marvel Legends scale and mostly made out of Marvel Legends figures. Here are some examples

gh1.jpg
    d6.jpg

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited December 2007
    dreadnoks.jpg
    that's rad. i love a good custom. sucks his image links are broken for his tarantula figure. the tarantula is definitely my favorite spider-man villain.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    dreadnoks.jpg
    that's rad. i love a good custom. sucks his image links are broken for his tarantula figure. the tarantula is definitely my favorite spider-man villain.

Wow...the dude got his own figure. :)

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
    edited December 2007
    arcath wrote: »
    dreadnoks.jpg

Wow...the dude got his own figure. :)
    big-lebowski-action-figures.jpg

Indeed he did.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited December 2007
    Are those Mezco?

DouglasDanger on
    edited December 2007
    Are those Mezco?

Nope, they're done by a company called 'Bif Bang Pow!' , who are also doing the Flash Gordon figures.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    Anyone with an extra $500 bucks can become a living room God of Thunder (no not that one) with your very own Mjolnir.

The Ultimate one!

Bad Karma on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    thor needs his beard. he needs it.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    thor needs his beard. he needs it.

valkyrie's in ultimates 3

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    shit i forgot you can see edited posts don't look at the original "joke" that didn't work right

Garlic Bread on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    alright, i promise

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited December 2007
    From the latest solicitations come the newest figures in the DC 13" line...Joker and Harley.

Joker is alright, though he's got a bit of a Tim Curry thing going. Harley looks great.

jk_13inch.jpg

hq_13inch.jpg

There's also the new "Build a Scene" statue set.

jla_buildascene_group.jpg

And then there's the Red Son boxset. Normally I wouldn't bother buying it, because I already have the entire line. BUT, they just had to include a never before released Bizarro figure.

sm_rs_biz.jpg

I'm also sad to hear that the 'Justice' line is ending with Series 8. Fortunately the final series has four great figures, without the filler that the last two Series had.

Bad Karma on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Ugh

I hate that Joker

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's like he's wearing novelty hillbilly teeth.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    Tim Curry is exactly who he looks like. He reminded me of someone but I couldn't place it. I wonder if it was intentional.

DMAC on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That build a statue set is awesome. If only it had Green Arrow too! I really want a good Black Canary to go with my Alex Ross Green Arrow but I have never seen one.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
    edited December 2007
    damn, batgirl's curves are kickin'
    9086_a_full.jpg

i approve.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited December 2007
    That build a statue set is awesome. If only it had Green Arrow too! I really want a good Black Canary to go with my Alex Ross Green Arrow but I have never seen one.

Did you not like the Justice Black Canary?

My Catwoman and Batgirl 13" figures arrived yesterday.

They're both pretty good, not perfect, but still good. Catwoman really just needs a new paint job on her face to match the advertised one. And holy jumpin' jesus whoever designed the bust (not the head, the funnerer bust) for her figure must have been a big Adam Hughes fan. Poor Selina needs a damn backbrace.

I decided to pass on the black costumed Batgirl, only because I didn't care for the rooted hair. Another decent figure with a good, if not generic, headsculpt. The costume is nicely done, until you get to the yellow vinyl bits. The boots and belt are a bit oversized, so I may end up clipping and reclosing the belt. The best part is the cape, as like the "Classic Batman" and every other figure with a cape (sans Modern Batman that featured a pleather cape that was unwiedly at best) it's made from a high quality fabric with a slight stretch to it. She also comes with extra hands (no bendy hands!), a batarang, a grappling hook, and of course..the Bat Purse.

Next up will be Robin, which will look great with Batgirl and Classic Batman.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    The busts on some of those things are ri-damn-diculous.

DouglasDanger on
    edited December 2007
    Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    man, i hate any cloth on action figures. it never, ever looks right.

...and it's what seperates action figures from dolls.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited December 2007
    man, i hate any cloth on action figures. it never, ever looks right.

...and it's what seperates action figures from dolls.

Well then it's a good thing you weren't a child of the 60's and 70's.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    Mattel's DC Universe Classics have been hitting stores...and Mike Crawford already has a review up (unfortunately he couldn't grab the full set so no Red Tornado or Orion, thus no complete Metamorpho)

Aside from some mass production quality slop here and there, the final products look great.

EDIT - More pictures of the full line.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    Whoa I don't know if it's Crawford's pictures or what but Batman definitely looks different. In the stock photos it looked like they had used a much lighter blue for Batman, but in his pictures it's a deeper Royal blue that I'm not terribly fond of in comparison.

Did we ever get pictures of DCUC Series 2?

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited December 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Whoa I don't know if it's Crawford's pictures or what but Batman definitely looks different. In the stock photos it looked like they had used a much lighter blue for Batman, but in his pictures it's a deeper Royal blue that I'm not terribly fond of in comparison.

Did we ever get pictures of DCUC Series 2?

Well, if you look at the second link, their Batman has the lighter shade. So it's either his pictures, the other guys pictures, or there is a running variant that nobody heard of.

As for Series 2...

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    holy mother of god. the dc line has completely blown the marvel legends figures out of the water by successfully sculpting a female figure.
    Harley.jpg

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fucking hell I cannot wait until my relatives send me cash for christmas so I can finally get those New Frontier wave 2 figures.

I was drooling when I saw them at my shop today

Sars_Boy on
This discussion has been closed.