As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Let's ask those honkies directly (from the ones who applied to either game and missed the cut)
    @Zombie Hero
    @El Skid
    @keshaldra
    @Lorek
    @Zombie Hero

Any of you fancy subbing on for the Winnu?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Sorry @Zombie Hero and @el skid I forgot to use quotation marks

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Sorry people, but I'm relocating and internet connection is a problem (and shouldn't have been, or I would have told you). I'll still have spotty connection till tuesday.
    I'll exaust Mellon to vote for Teq'Ran

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Yay!

@MrBlarney to vote next

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    Sorry people, but I'm relocating and internet connection is a problem (and shouldn't have been, or I would have told you). I'll still have spotty connection till tuesday.
    I'll exaust Mellon to vote for Teq'Ran

Glad you're still with us

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Exhaust Lirta IV (3I) and Saudor (2I) for 5 votes for Sakulag.

@Mojo_Jojo : Offer transaction: my racial promissory note (Cybernetic Enhancements) for yours (Research Agreement).

@Elvenshae to vote on the agenda next.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Exhaust all planets to cast 12 votes for Sakulag.

@Mojo_Jojo to vote next.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Accept the L1Z1X racial promissory offer
    Exhaust everything to vote for Teq'Ran
    (+13)

We support Winnu's claim to the dangerous new science project as we are intrigued about the 15% possibility of the planet being transformed into a supermassive bluehole but NIMBY

(Fyi, the Creuss planet currently has 17 votes and the Winnu 18. It's probably not the best idea to hand bonuses out to the player into the lead. However as I had no overt biters on my offer to buy votes that offer is now null)

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    @Hedgethorn to vote

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Arborec abstains from this agenda, in hopes of maintaining goodwill with all lifeforms, whether they be plant-based or no.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @Brody for the final vote.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    No vote. I refuse to play this petty game. You will all accept me as the new galactic ruler. That is all.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    (Fyi, the Creuss planet currently has 17 votes and the Winnu 18. It's probably not the best idea to hand bonuses out to the player into the lead. However as I had no overt biters on my offer to buy votes that offer is now null)
    Huh, I don't think you counted that right:

First agenda results
    Winnu: 2 votes on Tequ'ran
    L1z1x: 5 votes on Sakulag
    Creuss: 12 votes on Sakulag
    Jol-Nar: 13 votes on Tequ'ran
    Arborec: abstain
    Letnev: abstain

Votes available for second agenda
    Winnu: 9 votes left
    L1z1x: 4 votes left
    Creuss: 0 votes left
    Jol-Nar: 0 votes left
    Arborec: 14 votes left
    Letnev: 8 votes left; Speaker

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I entirely messed up that simple bit of addition somehow

• Options
    I think you mean, "Hahahah! You have all fallen victim to my very subtle disinformation campaign!"

Fake votes, etc.

• Options
    Looks like Blarney did all the paperwork!

Sakulag is terraformed with +1/+1

2nd agenda

Unconventional Measures

For: Each player that voted "for" receives 2 action cards
    Against: Each player that voted "for" discards all their action cards

Preda
    MrBlarney
    Elvenshae
    Mojo
    Hedgethorn
    Brody **Speaker**

@Preda

• Options
    I play Diplomacy Rider, and choose "For."

• Options
    What's diplomacy rider do?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I have to predict, out-loud, the winning vote. I cannot vote on this agenda. If I'm right, everyone places a command counter from their supply on a system with a planet I control.

(ED: It's an action card.)

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Aha. So you're not voting, but just predicting the outcome of the vote? That helps.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I play Construction rider and predict for

If it goes my way I get a free space dock but I don't vote
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Aha. So you're not voting, but just predicting the outcome of the vote? That helps.

Yes, there are a few similar rider cards.

I sort of wish I'd saved a vote for this though. I regret my inability to count

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Doesn't Construction Ride prevent you from voting, as well?

• Options
    Yeah all riders eat your vote. It just feels like a fun one to vote on

• Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but losing a command token and giving Mojo a free space dock in exchange for two action cards seems like a poor trade off to me right now. I'm inclined to vote against unless someone gives me additional incentive to vote for this.

• Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but losing a command token and giving Mojo a free space dock in exchange for two action cards seems like a poor trade off to me right now. I'm inclined to vote against unless someone gives me additional incentive to vote for this.

You don't lose a command counter for elvenshae's. It comes from your supply.

• Options

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. It just makes it so I can't move into his terrain next turn?

• Options

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. It just makes it so I can't move into his terrain next turn?

One particular hex of his yes. Yeah can always choose warfare and play that to remove your token to undo it

• Options
    Into one system that he owns of his choice.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    @Hedgethorn

Yeah - you'd actually "lose" a command token if and only if you didn't have any left in your supply (the same way that, e.g., if you build a PDS when you don't have any in your supply, you instead take one from a planet and build it elsewhere).

I don't think that's going to be a problem for any of us for awhile ... :D

• Options
    No Sabotage.

I'm inclined to also vote "Against" since I don't really need any more Action Cards and I don't know if I really want to give so much free stuff away. But it's not like my votes count for that much at this point.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Diplomacy Rider- Play after an agenda is revealed. You cannot vote on this agenda. Predict aloud the outcome of this agenda. If correct, choose 1 system with a planet you control. Each player places a command token from their reserve on that system.

Construction Rider- Play after an agenda is revealed. You cannot vote this agenda. Predict out loud the outcome of the vote. If your prediction is correct, place 1 space dock from your reinforcements on a planet you control.

• Options
    Yeah, I should have posted the full text of my card really. I'll do that next time.

Also is it possible to spread bet with multiple rider cards?

• Options
    I'm inclined to vote for, if the others vote rich are interested too. I'm phone posting and I'll wait host answer to a question I sent him before voting, also I have some deals to propose before my vote.

• Options
    I will be voting for. I'd rather not throw away cards that I had spent tokens to acquire.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I will be voting for. I'd rather not throw away cards that I had spent tokens to acquire.

You don't throw away any cards *unless* you vote 'for' AND the majority of votes are 'against.'

Voting 'against' is guaranteed to be safe. If you vote 'for', you're in a prisoner dilemma and you have to hope everyone else votes along with you.

...but you vote last, so you're in the safest spot.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »

You don't throw away any cards *unless* you vote 'for' AND the majority of votes are 'against.'

Voting 'against' is guaranteed to be safe. If you vote 'for', you're in a prisoner dilemma and you have to hope everyone else votes along with you.

...but you vote last, so you're in the safest spot.

Fake news. You heard it here first.

• Options
    Yeah, I should have posted the full text of my card really. I'll do that next time.

Also is it possible to spread bet with multiple rider cards?

I don't see why not.

• Options
    No sabotage and vote for with all remaining planet.

Also I Ufficially propose an excange of ceasefire promissory notes with @Brody Letnevs
    I also ufficially announce I'll accept an excange of support for the throne with @Hedgethorn Arborec if they propose it after voting for.

• Options
    @MrBlarney for vote

• Options
    A trade of Ceasefire notes with the Winnu is accepted.

@Preda @MrBody