As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When does PAX usually finish up?

pinkninjapinkninja Registered User regular
Hi guys,
Id really like to know what time PAX finishes up on Sunday? Im booking flights for my son and husband and want my son to get the most out of it as possible. I can either book to fly home at 4pm or 6pm. The 6pm is more expensive though so if PAX finished early enough I could maybe book the 4pm. Do you happen to know if they would be missing out on big important things late in the day? Sorry, Im not really aware of the game culture so please excuse my lack of knowledge here

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    PAX Show Hours:
    Friday, 27th October 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
    Saturday, 28th October 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
    Sunday, 29th October 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

Expo Hall Hours:
    Friday, 27th October 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Saturday, 28th October 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Sunday, 29th October 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'll add that the last thing at the show is the closing ceremony and Omegathon (1v1 competitive gaming match played on the main stage), but if the last flight they can get on the Sunday is at 6pm they'll have to miss most of it anyway to make it to the airport, so the 4pm flight would be just as good.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    plus you usually will catch most things over the first 2 days and just catch the odd thing that's interesting on the sunday, so leaving at 4pm wont leave them feeling like they are missing too much.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• pinkninjapinkninja Registered User regular
    Thanks for your very useful info. I have heard great things about PAX..hope you all have a great time!!

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Dont forget you need to be at the airport at least 90 minutes before the plane leaves. I'd suggest the 6pm (or later) to maximise you pax experience.

• pinkninjapinkninja Registered User regular
    Thanks so much for your help vonhist. Just to update you, my husband decided to let my son have Monday off school and theyre gonna fly home on Monday instead. That should hopefully be nicer for their first PAX year

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Indeed it should be.

• UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Hope they have an awesome time!

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png