As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Gwent] Homecoming is out!

123457»

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    For those that haven't been checking in (I've been busy around the holiday) there's a new patch with new nerfs for full value:

Aeromancy
    Alzur's Double-Cross
    Avallac'h
    Ballista
    Berserker Marauder
    Biting Frost
    Bloodcurdling Roar
    Caranthir
    Celaeno Harpy
    Clan Drummond Shieldmaiden
    Clan Tuirseach Axeman
    Decoy
    Dol Blathanna Trapper
    Hjalmar
    Impenetrable Fog
    Ithlinne
    John Calveit
    John Natalis
    Kaedweni Sergeant
    Kaedweni Siege Support
    Kambi (Hemdall)
    Leo Bonhart
    Marching Orders
    Morkvarg
    Olgierd
    Operator
    Reaver Scout
    Regis: Higher Vampire
    Reinforced Ballista
    Reinforced Trebuchet
    Renew
    Savage Bear
    Skellige Storm
    Stammelford's Tremors
    Succubus
    Torrential Rain
    Trebuchet
    Villentretenmerth
    White Frost
    Wild Hunt Hound

Here's the list in alphabetical order. You should at least smash them and wait to see how the meta shakes out.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm enjoying spy NG, although Consume is super annoying because they eat all my cows. I think weather was over nerfed because now I never see any of it, but we'll see I guess.

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    God dammit, missed the milling value by one day. Really saps the will to play.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    Got to say that encountering players abusing drop/sync hacks is getting frustrating.

Another season of open beta is up and running, anyone still play?

I will, but gonna PAX so no computer. Wish it was on mobile, would probably play more often then.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ahhh, I was just getting back into this game and starting an NG deck and now everything changed.

Yeah I think there were some questionable balance decisions in this patch but with so many things changing that's not surprising. I haven't gotten a handle on it yet either, although Francesca seems strong.

Yeah, the reworks in every patch takes some getting used to. If you guys want to group up, I'd always interested in playing with fellow PA Gwent players.

• valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    These changes sound bonkers:

Golds targetable!
    Pro ladder added
    30 new cards
    single player campaign
    bunch of new tribals
    artifact compression

no idea what the hell is going on right now in this game. gotta say I'm so impressed with how CDPR is not scared of radical changes to the game, even at this late? beta stage. I mean, golds targetable again? what??!!

the pro ladder looks bonkers. its really cool that you have faction specific MMR. I wish that was in the game for the rest of us as well. (is it?)

valiance on
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Anyone know of some good gwent podcasts?

There's a few Gwent podcasts out there. I only dabble so I can't really judge one vs the other.

1. Commander's Horn: hosted by Dane “McBeard” and Josh “Greyboxer.” http://commandershorn.com/
    2. Tier 2 Podcast: Merchant, Truedawn & Petrify and featuring regular guests 3. A State of Gwent, Hosted by Ragnaer & Baalazar: https://soundcloud.com/user-645502947

Most of the Gwent content is videos on youtube and twitch. I like JJPasak, LifeCoach, MegaMogwai, Merchant, Swim.

valiance on
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I a really just downloaded commander's horn yesterday. I found a lot of the stuff gwent seems to be doing from an organized play perspective interesting. I'm trying to get into the game but these challenges are pretty damn boring.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I hadn't really played in a bit, but another big patch hit yesterday and brought along a set of "holiday" challenges.

Seems that 90% of cards are now agile, which is a bit odd, but it's clear they are taking this whole "beta" concept seriously and changing things with wild abandon to try and find a good fit.

edited October 2017
    The agile change is .. interesting. Now Geralt Igni is pretty much useless.

Also, I need more PA friends on my GOG list, let's get it going!

Prisca on
    Prisca wrote: »
    The agile change is .. interesting. Now Geralt Igni is pretty much useless.

Also, I need more PA friends on my GOG list, let's get it going!

eskel is the new gigni. unless thats merrigolds hailstorm...

I think I'm waiting for the next big patch to drop. The game is in a weird place right now. Gold Immunity removal nerfed both big body golds and yenn:con/triss:butt persistent effect golds. So now everything is deploy effects. So with 2/3 the gold pool gone the game feels very limited atm. They need a big patch to reintroduce the big body golds like tibor and hjalmar, and the persistent effect golds like yenn:con and triss:butt.

also apparently spell-a-tell is back which is never fun for anyone D:

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I played a little more of this last night and it seems fun still especially with the single player stuff, but it took me 3-5 minutes to find a game against a real person. I'm not level 10 yet so no ranked but I didn't think it would take so long!

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I played a little more of this last night and it seems fun still especially with the single player stuff, but it took me 3-5 minutes to find a game against a real person. I'm not level 10 yet so no ranked but I didn't think it would take so long!

The amount of dramatic revisions to the game seems to have put a sharp halt to its growth — instability in a CCG is rarely welcomed.

metaghost wrote: »

The amount of dramatic revisions to the game seems to have put a sharp halt to its growth — instability in a CCG is rarely welcomed.

I like that they're willing to make dramatic revisions, but at some point they do have to settle down into a defined game.

I remember reading that the matchmaking is bad at that point because it really wants to match you with other new players, it should only take 30-60 seconds in ranked.

New season starting on October 30th!

Man, this thread is so dead. I've not been playing as much because I haven't been playing too much for a while and every time I go back the game changes drastically. Yet, there *should* be a lot of Gwent players overall.

Well I guess for whoever still plays, dust is 50% off right now for 5 days.

The game is in a weird state right now; especially with the inclusion of the oddities and benefits of the Midwinter patch.
    It will be interesting to see how CDPR will approach its direction with the New Year.

edited December 2017
    I especially want to see them address Commons being the rarest card type. It's ridiculous and sours me on the game quite a bit.

Dracil on
    If reddit and the forums are any indication, the Midwinter patch brought more frustration than progression. I got to say it's getting quite tiresome dealing with Dwarves on a consistent basis.

edited February 2018
    Dracil wrote: »
    Man, this thread is so dead. I've not been playing as much because I haven't been playing too much for a while and every time I go back the game changes drastically. Yet, there *should* be a lot of Gwent players overall.

The game is in such a weird place. They just can't get balance right. Draft mode is coming, which is cool. Mobile would be nice eventually. But they have to get the goddamn balance right. They've changed so much and they keep changing it and they can't seem to figure out what they need to do. All this massive change and I'm not really sure the game is any better than it was in closed beta :?

So many huge changes that who knows if they were good?
    everything being Agile
    Gold immunity

valiance on
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Draft mode is superfun and good way to use your Ore. You always get your keg and on average you get 1-2 hours of playtime and 50+ ores back.

On constructed front, I made copied an Unicorn.dek, which is superfun.
    Hand boost the unicorn by 3, shuffle it back to deck and play it with Royal Decree (+2) for a up to 28 point play.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
    Whew it's been 7 months, I know it's just flown by with how boring and predictable the world has been.

Thronebreaker is coming October 23th for $30 and features a 30 hour campaign with a story with multiple endings and sidequests and everything.

Gwent will also relaunch then as basically an entirely different game, and you can play the public PTR of that new game now. Honestly, I don't like it at all. To be fair, I was pretty bored of Gwent the last time I posted in this thread, but in my opinion they turned it into just a slog. Regardless, I probably won't be bothering with Thronebreaker now, so bummer! I feel bad for the Gwent team because you can tell a lot of work went into the update and Thronebreaker, and most of the posters on reddit seem to feel the same way I do, but I guess that's life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6V8NgKLEQ

Man the game has changed so so much

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I don't mind being the canary down this mine, going to be checking out Thronebreaker for a bit on stream, in case anyone wants to check it out.

EDIT: Here’s the VOD, in case anyone wants it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Small dumb question since after looking around it's a bit vague. Does Thronebreaker take place between Witcher 2 and 3 (or during 3) before Geralt restores peace as only he could?

camo_sig.png
    übergeek wrote: »
    Small dumb question since after looking around it's a bit vague. Does Thronebreaker take place between Witcher 2 and 3 (or during 3) before Geralt restores peace as only he could?
    I believe it's set before Witcher 1, but I haven't played it.

Yeah Thronebreaker is basically a prequel to the Witcher series. I think Geralt might appear at the very end of it.

@OnTheLastCastle Any chance we can get a thread title update since it's no longer open beta and basically the full release.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Sure, it's a whole new game but I won't get to play it until it releases on xbox where my entire collection is.

First expansion is out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_uNNlXNXmw
    101 new cards, 5 new leaders, new keywords. Gwent will also be coming to iOS this Fall. I didn't like the relaunch, but they fixed a lot of the problems I had with it since I posted here 5 months ago, so I'm enjoying it now. The new cards also seem cool, there's lots of keywords in the game now. I guess the thread title will never be updated but F