As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Ghost in the Shell

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited October 2017 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (Sept. 9, 2017): Bungie's new clan portals have rolled out, and we have three separate clan pages (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @SniperGuy (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice (on PS4, add yourself to the bottom of the blue-labeled Waitlist section). Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. Note that clans will be a bit more of a walled garden in D2 - because the 100-member cap will remain, we're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread. General policy is to boot for inactivity after a few months, and our plan is to enter D2 with a group of active Arcadians on each platform. (Note that the PS4 clan is full-up at 100 as of this writing. Because some members have carried over from D1 but may not plan to be active for D2, we will perform an inactivity check after a couple of weeks to make room for new members if possible.)
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

PS4 Overflow Clans
On PS4, Pax Arcadia's waitlist has been growing pretty steadily since launch. If you're on that list and are looking to escape from no-clan purgatory and reap some weekly clan rewards, might I suggest joining either our overflow clan or the SE++ subforum's clan? There's a lot of overlap between PA and these other clans, and if you're on the waitlist, I'll still let you know if your spot comes up.
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
DestinyDB: Item lists and tons of info.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh god this title is the worst.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh god this title is the worst.

I'm in between meetings and I panicked. Then I laughed a bunch. So it stuck. For now.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    Oh yeeeaaa
    ozy6fc2wy2ws.jpeg

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Be honest, how long have you been sitting on that thread title?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Be honest, how long have you been sitting on that thread title?

Literally four seconds before posting.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    That title is _______________

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It's a Good Title.

• elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    Best thread title.

If anyone needs a 3rd, 4th, or 6th for any activities tonight I think my evening is clear.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I just killed you / Your Light was tasty / I've got your number / Ghaul me maybe

sorry not sorry

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I got my first yellow drop (Well not counting the Vehicle i got and the chest armor i got from a quest) I turned in some titan tokens from my play session and got a pretty scout rifle called Skyburner's oath.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    A++++ Thread Title!! :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Ikora Rey Jepsen would be proud :cool:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    How are there still matchmaking situations where you have two fireteams of two and 4 randoms and the fireteams end up on the same team?

It seems like a painfully obvious thing for the system to prevent. D1 did it too, and it was just as much, if not more, bullshit then, when it was 3/3 vs 6 randos.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Man, fuck Dead Orbit.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    How are there still matchmaking situations where you have two fireteams of two and 4 randoms and the fireteams end up on the same team?

It seems like a painfully obvious thing for the system to prevent. D1 did it too, and it was just as much, if not more, bullshit then, when it was 3/3 vs 6 randos.
    The problem is the sbmm probably found a good mix of mmr to even the teams. Swapping the pre mades around would likely throw that off

616610-1.png
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    I just killed you / Your Light was tasty / I've got your number / Ghaul me maybe

sorry not sorry

Shaxx me outside. >:

• twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    a++ thread title, would read again.

unrelated: as a titan, I feel the need to declare that exploding enemies are stupid. because I cannot punch them. and things titans cannot punch are stupid.

• juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Qanamil wrote: »

sorry not sorry

Shaxx me outside. >:

o75mr3ajru4a.jpeg

juicebox989 on
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    a++ thread title, would read again.

unrelated: as a titan, I feel the need to declare that exploding enemies are stupid. because I cannot punch them. and things titans cannot punch are stupid.

Can't? Or won't?

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • -silent--silent- Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Anyone have an issue with Destiny getting stuck at the connecting screen? I'm on the xbox one and here's what I've tried so far:

- Power cycled the xbox (hard shutdown, unplugged power cable for a few minutes)
    - Logged out and back into xbox live
    - Tried starting the game without a profile logged in (saw that online)
    - Uninstalled the game and reinstalled it

The game still just sits at the connecting screen. Anyone else run into this and know how to fix it?

-silent- on
  • DrellokDrellok Bogey's Turrible Wingman Registered User regular
    Unrelated to D2, but apparently the Destiny 1 PS exclusives are now available on XBOX

XBL: DrellokTV
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    -silent- wrote: »
    Anyone have an issue with Destiny getting stuck at the connecting screen? I'm on the xbox one and here's what I've tried so far:

- Power cycled the xbox (hard shutdown, unplugged power cable for a few minutes)

The game still just sits at the connecting screen. Anyone else run into this and know how to fix it?

Sounds like an ISP or network issue

• -silent--silent- Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    -silent- wrote: »

Sounds like an ISP or network issue

I would agree except that all other online games and video streaming through the xbox works fine. But you bring up a good point and I'll reset the router to see if that does anything.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    skyburners oath is a scout rifle?

I would have staked various lives and souls on it being an SMG from it's image

Qanamil wrote: »

sorry not sorry

Shaxx me outside. >:

Ah, I forgot my promise to the common man. Next thread title - or this one, in 50 pages - can be Shaxx Me Outside How Bou Dah

skyburners oath is a scout rifle?

I would have staked various lives and souls on it being an SMG from it's image

Yeah its a weird rifle.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Speaking of pulse rifles that don't suck...

I got a Vigilance Wing from an engram a bit ago and decided to give it a go in crucible.

I like it. A lot!
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Dead orbit's pulse rifle "three graves" is pretty good in crucible, hopefully this scout rifle reward proves to be as well.

I wanted DO to win because i thought the reward looked the best as a crucible weapon.
    So, I'm kinda a fan of Pulse Rifles.

I don't think Three Graves is a good one. It's kinda halfway between a pulse and a sniper: it has long range and it really hits hard (if you're stationary and ADS) and when (not if) you get precision kills, you can reload it like-wow fast! And the clip size allows for 13 bursts between reloads, which is crazy for a pulse. Perfect for chaining those headshot kills, assuming you can find a good camping/sniping spot. But for a fast moving environment like Crucible, that's not likely to happen. And without the precision kill perk active, it takes about 37-minutes to reload (exaggerated for effect). Plus the aim-assist value is ridiculously low, so you better have laserbeam accuracy and superfast reflexes to make it work. For PvE it's a pretty good short range sniper, but if you are sniping, why not use an actual sniper rifle?

Vigilance Wing has the same impact, fires five shots per burst (as compared to three), has nearly double the aim-assist, and very nearly the same effective range as Three Graves. In my opinion, its one of the best guns you can use in the Crucible, period.

If you don't want to give up an exotic slot but still want to use a kinetic pulse, get a Lincoln Green; that one is like the exact opposite of Three Graves. It's a short range pulse that fires as fast as you can tap the trigger - it's practically a AR if you can pull fast enough - has an aim-assist that is so high, you just have to be generally looking in the right direction to score hits, and a clip big enough for 3 or 4 kills between reloads. The major drawback is that it's extremely limited range puts it in comparison with ARs and SMGs. And, to be honest, it really comes up lacking in that side-by-side. It can register kills faster than almost anything else (other than a well-aimed SMG).

Overall Pulse Rifles are kinda in a bad place right now. The only reason for them existing at all is if you are like me and habitually tap-tap-tap on the trigger. Even then, Uriel's Gift is probably a better "pulse rifle" than most pulse rifles in the game. :bigfrown:

(I still use Vigilance Wing in Crucible though.)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Man, it's a hot one.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Drellok wrote: »
    Unrelated to D2, but apparently the Destiny 1 PS exclusives are now available on XBOX
    At last! @Arteen @jefe414 We can finally be done with this and then uninstall D1!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    edited October 2017
    Stupid wrote: »
    (I still use Vigilance Wing in Crucible though.)

Correct answer. Haven't found anything that beats it consistently and at nearly all ranges. Granted, it can't always stand up to MIDA at serious range, but that's why I bring my Raid Scout (superb distance, full auto with generous aim assist, and baby explosions on precision kill).

Other than VWing, I feel like Pulse Rifles, Hand Cannons, and Grenade Launchers are all in the "not gonna happen" category right now and probably need a buff. Then again, maybe it's just because I never use any of those weapon types. Someone in here was raving about a GL a few pages or days ago.

GMaster7 on
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure one of the things they made explicit about quickplay is that connection is prioritized so sometimes you end up against the number 1 trials player and his squad, and other times you end up against Johnny No-Thumbs and the Blueberry Basket

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Is this week's Cayde letter a repeat?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Yeah. The maps are a repeat as well. I think it might have been the first set? I've definitely done them (and read that letter fragment) before.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Darn kids wearing black writing nihilistic poetry.

Some of us have jobs

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    Drellok wrote: »
    At last! @Arteen @jefe414 We can finally be done with this and then uninstall D1!

Before you uninstall you have to take me through a Heroic WOTM raid while we're all in the same clan, then a strike, @Brogey! <3

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

Yeah. The maps are a repeat as well. I think it might have been the first set? I've definitely done them (and read that letter fragment) before.

The chests are definitely not all a repeat. I know for sure I didn't do at least two of them the first time around.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I think I'll skip Cayde's chests this week, then. Rather spend that glimmer on mods and paint jobs.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I had never even gone into the Tunnels area on Patrol before this cycle of chests.

I got a couple new banners and an exotic. Worth the glimmer!

pleasepaypreacher.net