As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Wow, my free pull on the new banner was Brave Lucina, nice. Edit: and that makes 50 5*s!

Is anyone able to get into Arena Assault at the moment?

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Free pull got Takumi. That makes two extra copies that I have no idea what to do with.
    One of them is reserved for my Henry Project, but I dunno about the other.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    The free pull per banner does a pretty good job of getting me to spend orbs I'll give them that much. If I open up the screen and see multiple orbs of a color that has multiple focus units I'll go ahead and pull them all for the increased chances, unless I assign literally zero value to the characters. Even colorless.
    rIlNcyg.jpg
    Why couldn't this happen on the dancer banner or the Genealogy banner...

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Wow, my free pull on the new banner was Brave Lucina,
    Free pull got Takumi.

Meanwhile, I got a 3-star Lissa.

I also still haven't gotten anything from the dancer banner.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    4* Clarine for me! Still no Takumis.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    3* hinata! No colorless orbs but I can always use fury fodder.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Woo. Got a neutral Inigo and then on my next pull got an Azura (-spd +def though)

Haven’t had that kinda luck on a banner in awhile

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Hooray a dancing Inigo (-def +res) and a 5* Roderick (+atk -def) which is also cool cause I liked what my 4* Roderick could do but not enough to promote him

Now I should stop and start saving orbs again but the other dancers...

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    My free pull was a Jaffar, which I already had. Also he is -ATK, so bleh :P Kind of wish if they were gonna give me a 5* it would have been Takumi, I don't have any of those :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    My free pull was a Jaffar, which I already had. Also he is -ATK, so bleh :P Kind of wish if they were gonna give me a 5* it would have been Takumi, I don't have any of those :P

Free L&D3!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea 3* wrys!

my last set of 20 on the dancer banner got me a 5* peri , and a 4* lance flier who has the hit and run

started working on my boobs of life build for camilla

gave her
    ardent sacrifice
    sol
    renewal
    breath of life
    and maybe def 3 or possible Hp 3

will be nice if it works

thinking about swapping her weapon to something like the killer, but brave will mean her sol gets charged faster

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    yea 3* wrys!

my last set of 20 on the dancer banner got me a 5* peri , and a 4* lance flier who has the hit and run

gave her
    ardent sacrifice
    sol
    renewal
    breath of life

will be nice if it works

thinking about swapping her weapon to something like the killer, but brave will mean her sol gets charged faster

Camilla doesn't hit very hard with brave, so Sol wouldn't do much.

• Options
    Arena team this season is Axura, Lancina, Cavalyn, and Bridelia.

It's just unfair for the other team. Between Uror, Geirskogul, Drive SPD, Drive RES, Spur ATK, and ATK Smoke, I just basically nuke everything.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Darklyre wrote: »
    yea 3* wrys!

gave her
    ardent sacrifice
    sol
    renewal
    breath of life

will be nice if it works

Hmm that is a good point. I could give her slaying axe + since I have an extra Amelia. That seems almost ideal for that sort of build especially with sol.

Then maybe quickened pulse seal... Hmmm

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Hmm. I finally got a Roderick so I now have a Firesweep lance Cordelia. And with my +SPD/-Res Brave Roy I've got 2/3 of a Galeforce team.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    yea 3* wrys!

gave her
    ardent sacrifice
    sol
    renewal
    breath of life

will be nice if it works

Hmm that is a good point. I could give her slaying axe + since I have an extra Amelia. That seems almost ideal for that sort of build especially with sol.

Then maybe quickened pulse seal... Hmmm

Honestly, Giving armor march to someone to let you actually split up your armor team would probably be a better use of a spare amelia

Or hell, just run 2 Amelias. She's pretty ridiculous

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Axezura feels like cheating in the arena.

Babyhands, BowLyn, and Xander don't need her help mind you. But a dancer as a bonus unit is totally taking it to the next level.

Also, I love that every other team uses BowLyn and Babyhands. I just plant my BowLyn in harm's way and let her kill the first thing that looks at her funny. Fortify Cav and S/S support makes her unstoppable.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    It really seems like Reposition, Vantage, and Dance are the three skills that most enable you to start punching above your weight class.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    It really seems like Reposition, Vantage, and Dance are the three skills that most enable you to start punching above your weight class.

Vantage less so than the others imo, as it really depends on distant counter to matter.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Reposition is broken. I have it on every main character set (all flyer, horse, armor, infantry, and manakete teams). Every 3* Barst/Selena is a win in my book. Selena at 4* gives TA2 plus reposition, which is probably the best bang/buck inherit in the game.

Triangle Adept is also incredibly broken.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »

Reposition is broken. I have it on every main character set (all flyer, horse, armor, infantry, and manakete teams). Every 3* Barst/Selena is a win in my book. Selena at 4* gives TA2 plus reposition, which is probably the best bang/buck inherit in the game.

Triangle Adept isn't nearly as broken, since it makes the unit significantly weaker against disadvantage. Not being able to attack into disadvantage to finish someone off (or just outright kill in some cases where their defense is bad, like high offense melee into mage) is a price. And you risk eating Cancel Affinity now, which is basically auto-lose.

It is a remarkably strong combo with raven tomes (also somewhat neutered by Cancel Affinity) though.

Truthfully its biggest advantage is the defense half.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

I agree on Reposition, except for horse or non-Armor March teams. Horse Emblem runs into terrain issues since you can't reposition onto a forest, and without Armor March an armor unit can't move backwards to reposition a friendly out of danger. Swap works better for those two situations, IMO.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    IS plz

can I get a "name" sort

and a unit filter

• Options
    IS plz

can I get a "name" sort

and a unit filter

Sort by origin and it'll be a pseudo-name sort.

• Options

I agree on Reposition, except for horse or non-Armor March teams. Horse Emblem runs into terrain issues since you can't reposition onto a forest, and without Armor March an armor unit can't move backwards to reposition a friendly out of danger. Swap works better for those two situations, IMO.

I disagree about horses, I think reposition is ridiculous on them. My horses all have reposition, and it means that I can fling reinhardt forwards, kill someone, then pull him back. I win most battles without taking any damage because Lyn, Reinhardt, and Cecilia nuke everyone then reposition to safety.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Chain challenges are dumb and also the only source of orbs I havent fully depleted but I hate them

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Can someone weigh in on what I should spend my 20k feathers on?

I am light on red mages, and have a +speed 4* Liliana, but she would need another 20k feathers to get a blade tome. I could give summer CorrinF or Linde a blarblade+. I could promote my cordelia, and then I'd have a great flier emblem team (cherche, SCorrin, Elincia, Cordelia).

Or I could add a +1 to Effie, BK, Reinhardt, Cecilia, Cherche, or Nino. (Speaking of, if I give a +1 to Reinhardt, then later get a better IV, can I merge the +1 into the new one and get a +2 with better IV, or would that first +1 be lost?)

Or I could promote Alfonse or Anna.

There are a lot of things I want to spend feathers on, but nothing I really need, so I'm not sure which way to go.

• Options

I am light on red mages, and have a +speed 4* Liliana, but she would need another 20k feathers to get a blade tome. I could give summer CorrinF or Linde a blarblade+. I could promote my cordelia, and then I'd have a great flier emblem team (cherche, SCorrin, Elincia, Cordelia).

Or I could add a +1 to Effie, BK, Reinhardt, Cecilia, Cherche, or Nino. (Speaking of, if I give a +1 to Reinhardt, then later get a better IV, can I merge the +1 into the new one and get a +2 with better IV, or would that first +1 be lost?)

There are a lot of things I want to spend feathers on, but nothing I really need, so I'm not sure which way to go.

Honestly if you have no immediate need, I would just save the feathers.

Otherwise, promote "Sharena, Anna, Alfonse" first (in that order) so you're always covered in arena bonus units.

• Options

IMO there's not much reason to *blade a flyer until you have a hinoka.

Save em, or if you really want a new shiny, promote anna.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Triangle Adept isn't nearly as broken, since it makes the unit significantly weaker against disadvantage. Not being able to attack into disadvantage to finish someone off (or just outright kill in some cases where their defense is bad, like high offense melee into mage) is a price. And you risk eating Cancel Affinity now, which is basically auto-lose.

It is a remarkably strong combo with raven tomes (also somewhat neutered by Cancel Affinity) though.

Ehhh. The only folks running cancel affinity are BowCordelia and BowLyn and I have no concerns about those toons. TA takes a mediocre unit and pushes them to the next step. It's what makes an Olivia build work (granted, often in the form of a gem weapon), it's why OG Azura was the old best dancer in the game, and it's why you can run a tricolor TA team and never lose in arena. Roy is just another sword Lord without it, and it pushes even odds matchups to hard counters.

On auto-battle it's a liability, but anytime a person is controlling the units it is a significant, practically game-breaking, advantage.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

Even at +SPD Lilina is slow and will never double anyone but the slowpokes. She has high attack, so if you need to hit a low res green target she's still good, but I don't think she's worth promoting or giving a blade tome to. Even if your Tharja is -SPD, she comes with darting blow to double more than Lilina, and if she's -ATK, that's not a big deal with buffs on a blade.

Yeah, you can merge a +X unit into a new unit with better IVs and end up with a +(X+1) unit. Other than unspent SP, I don't think there's anything you can lose merging. I wouldn't blow your 20k feathers just to +1 a unit unless you're really dedicated to them, though (or need more arena BST)—that's only +1 to two stats. Promoting a good 4* unit you'll use often nets +2 to every stat and better weapon/skills, and promoting to sacrifice someone's 5* weapon or skill to someone else can be worth much more, too.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Oh boy, two 3* Setsunas.

What a great banner!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Polaritie wrote: »

Ehhh. The only folks running cancel affinity are BowCordelia and BowLyn and I have no concerns about those toons. TA takes a mediocre unit and pushes them to the next step. It's what makes an Olivia build work (granted, often in the form of a gem weapon), it's why OG Azura was the old best dancer in the game, and it's why you can run a tricolor TA team and never lose in arena. Roy is just another sword Lord without it, and it pushes even odds matchups to hard counters.

On auto-battle it's a liability, but anytime a person is controlling the units it is a significant, practically game-breaking, advantage.

Agreed on TA. You should always have coverage and with player-controlled movement you always attack the color you have advantage against. Or make the disadvantaged color attack you...either or. Thr computer is easy to manipulate, especially with the aforementioned Reposition and Dance.

And dont knock Setsuna...thats 2 bowbreakers for ya.

Almost new thread time.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Finally got back up to 20k thanks to the arena assault mission that awarded 1000 (go go one unit item farming to knock out 5 full runs). Ended up using it on a Cecilia to give Inigo Gronnraven+. Now to just farm up enough SP to learn it :P Speaking of which, I also discovered Axzura doesn't seem to be able to use the Warriors farming map, at least, I can't figure out a good way. She just gets destroyed by all the reds :(

I really wish I could grab some more Roys too. Need TA3 for two heroes now :( But no reason to pull red on this banner.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Almost new thread time.

Is @ecco the dolphin around to reuse his OP? I don't think I've seen him post lately.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Sorry haven't been around. Please start a new thread.

I've sort of gotten busy and haven't been able to keep this as up to date as I would like.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Finally got back up to 20k thanks to the arena assault mission that awarded 1000 (go go one unit item farming to knock out 5 full runs). Ended up using it on a Cecilia to give Inigo Gronnraven+. Now to just farm up enough SP to learn it :P Speaking of which, I also discovered Axzura doesn't seem to be able to use the Warriors farming map, at least, I can't figure out a good way. She just gets destroyed by all the reds :(

I really wish I could grab some more Roys too. Need TA3 for two heroes now :( But no reason to pull red on this banner.

I use her with two spur def support toons and a healer. Put the spur def seal on one of the support duders. Put the +1def seal on Axezura. Nets +11 def and keeps her alive. Keep her in the upper right starting spot and let the enemies come to her.

I have a eirika with rally def as a supporter, which really pushes it over the edge.

You have to work for it, but it's doable @Warlock82

Edit:

Also, take off TA if you have it on

jmcdonald on
  • Options
    Ugh, I hadn't looked at the Arena list before. That is a really hateful group of old characters. I guess training up a 3* Gunter is probably the best of that terrible lot

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, somehow I got like a stupid number of arena defense wins before I woke up in the morning and saw the roster had changed, which meant none of them had bonus points -_- I swapped a dancer into that same party and so far haven't gotten a single new win T_T

I use her with two spur def support toons and a healer. Put the spur def seal on one of the support duders. Put the +1def seal on Axezura. Nets +11 def and keeps her alive. Keep her in the upper right starting spot and let the enemies come to her.

I have a eirika with rally def as a supporter, which really pushes it over the edge.

You have to work for it, but it's doable @Warlock82

Edit:

Also, take off TA if you have it on

Yeah, I already figured out the TA thing (after a couple losses, but I did try it eventually :P) I guess I'll try to stack defense, but I don't know how much room I have in the party. I need to bring Summer Tiki too for Axe Valor...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Mmmm I love that new thread smell.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/214197/fire-emblem-heroes-performing-arts-banner-dance-dance-revolution/

I'll work on the OP when I'm not at work. Suggestions welcome!

Smoogy-1689