As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Please don't throw us into that briar patch!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    pfft. You can just pay 2 to skip all pre-reqs on one tech a turn.
    We don't see how this red point would help you.

• Options
    Life, uh, finds a way.

Also, votes on agenda 1 were not what we had in mind when asking about other compensation.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    The Norr have no interest in red techs, and would gladly sell our votes.

Although one problem with a PbP agenda phase is that there are quite a few action cards that you have to play as soon as an agenda is played but before any votes happen so that you can make a prediction on the outcome. That would be hard if the player first in line to vote does so immediately after the agenda is revealed.

• Options
    Perhaps then we should wait the full day before all voting for Sakulag.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Yeah, the main reason why I'm invoking the one day wait for voting to start is due to the presence of the "_____ Rider" Action Cards. A player who plays one of these cards will not vote on the agenda, but gains a bonus if the vote ends in the way that they predict; this card must be played after the agenda is revealed and before any votes are cast.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    We suppose the main question is whether anyone would risk those cards on Elect Planet agendas.
    I mean obviously this vote has an obvious outcome, but we would normally imagine that players would wait for a For/Against vote.

• Options
    Better safe than sorry, I say.

I also forgot to answer this earlier:
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Question about secret objectives: how many copies of each card are in the deck?
    All twenty Secret Objective cards are unique.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I don't have strong feelings about this agenda. If anyone else does, my substantial number of votes is for sale I guess.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Give 1 commodity to L1z1x. Winnu keep their promises!

And no takers for my votes it looks like?

• Options
    Also, liz1x we would be interested in obtaining your ceasefire promissory note, what would you want for it?

• Options
    We likely need to hold on to our ceasefire for the time being - the Mindnet likely requires some assistance and that may be needed to get it. We should know within the next day though.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Naalu are happy to sell their votes or act as a host to the research team on Mehar Xull

• Options
    So that's everyone willing to sell their votes then. Grand.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    If you know you're not going to get it and don't want anyone else to get it, just give it to a L1z1x planet. It's virtually useless to them with Inheritance Systems.

I don't see any limitation on which planet you can elect. Just give it to the L1z1x homeworld. He'd never pass up 5 resources in exchange for a red specialty he could just bypass by spending 2.

MrBody on
  • Options
    It can only go to a hazardous planet, making Sakulag the only eligible L1z1x planet. phyphor posted the full list of eligible planets last page.

• Options
    Notice also that homeworlds and MR perhaps are not industrial/cultural/hazardous and so are unlikely to be affected by these agendas.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    So that's everyone willing to sell their votes then. Grand.

Given how few votes I have, I chose this agenda for a reason. The other one, which could have actually hurt me by strengthening someone else's military forces? Straight to the bottom with ye!

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Since no votes have been officially cast yet:

play action card

Construction Rider
    After an agenda is revealed: You cannot vote on this agenda. Predict aloud an outcome of this agenda. If your prediction is correct, place 1 space dock from your reinforcements on a planet you control.

Predict Sakulag

I doubt anyone would want to burn a sabotage on this but it's open to everyone.

MrBody on
  • Options
    @MrBlarney Are there any rules preventing Meer from being elected? It is a hazardous planet, but already has a red tech ability. If Meer were elected, would the addition from this agenda be nullified or would Meer be able to be exhausted to ignore two red tech prerequisites?

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    MrBlarney: Are there any rules preventing Meer from being elected? It is a hazardous planet, but already has a red tech ability. If Meer were elected, would the addition from this agenda be nullified or would Meer be able to be exhausted to ignore two red tech prerequisites?
    Reading the card strictly: Meer can be exhausted to ignore one red tech prerequisite. The agenda card can be exhausted separately (or alone) to ignore another.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Oh.
    Then exhausting the agenda card does not exhaust the planet.

• Options
    @jakobagger are you interested perhaps in contributing some votes to Bereg?
    I could perhaps reciprocate with some of your TG when I utilise your trade agreement.
    Perhaps 5 votes for 2TG?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Well, I could use an actually usable red specialty (meer is too valuable to use for that) and either way my position as first to vote makes my vote total not particularly useful

16 votes to Meer

@jakobagger

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Well.
    I guess I chuck some votes at Sakulag then.
    Sorry @jakobagger

discrider on
  • Options
    Yeah, I think we're good to start voting.

Research Team: Warfare (Law)
    Elect Hazardous Planet: Attach this card to the elected planet's card. When the owner of this planet researches technology, he may exhaust this card to ignore 1 red prerequisite.

Votes Cast
    The Winnu: 16 votes - Meer (2 votes left for second agenda)
    Remaining Votes
    The Emirates of Hacan: Up to 14 votes
    The Naalu Collective: Up to 8 votes
    Sardakk N'orr: Cannot vote due to Construction Rider - Sakulag (9 votes left for second agenda)
    The Embers of Muaat: Up to 11 votes
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Up to 4 votes; Speaker

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Alright, we believe we have given the Naalu sufficient time to propose alternate recompense for not upholding their end of our bargain. Nary a peep. So, the L1z1x are now offering a bounty on the Naalu: the first race to capture a Naalu planet or destroy at least 3 TG worth of Naalu ships in battle can have either the L1z1x Support For The Throne promissory note or our Ceasefire promissory.

Failing to uphold a deal with us is unacceptable. Telling us, "next time, we promise" is not sufficient since your word no longer means anything. Since we are too far from the Naalu to demonstrate as much ourselves, this will have to suffice.

• Options
    I'm sure the Hacan were looking at that anyway.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Abstain

• Options
  • Options
    We must ask, how is Lykouragh pronounced? Because whenever we have occasion to signal for Lykouragh we find ourselves reenacting Ricola commercials. Lyyyyyyyyyykouragh!

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular

Abstain

PS That's rude!

PPS I say "lie-CORE-ag" but I made it up so I give you permission to say it however makes you happiest

• Options
    Choosing to spend all of your TGs for a victory point after being reminded of your deal is rude. This is business.

@discrider

• Options
    Abstain
    @ketar

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Abstain

@MrBlarney

Ketar on
  • Options
    Voting Results
    The Winnu: 16 votes - Meer
    The Emirates of Hacan: Abstain
    The Naalu Collective: Abstain
    Sardakk N'orr: No votes due to Construction Rider - Sakulag
    The Embers of Muaat: Abstain
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Abstain

The "Research Team: Warfare" card is attached to Meer. The Construction Rider card does not activate.

The second agenda is revealed from the deck:
    Archived Secret (Directive)
    Elect Player: The elected player draws 1 secret objective.

Votes Available
    The Winnu: 2 votes; cannot spend just 1 vote
    The Emirates of Hacan: 14 votes
    The Naalu Collective: 8 votes
    Sardakk N'orr: 9 votes
    The Embers of Muaat: 11 votes
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 4 votes; Speaker

Approximately one day for discussion before start of voting.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Who wishes to vote for us?

• Options
    Apparently we need to create snort.jpg since typing in the color coding every time it comes up is growing tedious.

• Options
    Well, it seems to us that if we can't come to any sort of shared distribution of votes, then our 11 are much the same as your... 4.
    Namely not nearly enough.

• Options
    Jatta PakeJatta Pake Registered User new member
    @MrBlarney Some fine folks over at BGG forums are asking what you are using to create this game's map. I hope I'm not offending by posting in the midst of your game. I can take this to PMs if you prefer.