As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Monday, October 2, 2017 - Weird

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Monday, October 2, 2017 - Weird

Weird

Weird

http://campcomic.com/comic/470

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    AshramAshram Woodland, CARegistered User regular
    Wait, is that Brian's pocket knife?

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Ashram wrote: »
    Wait, is that Brian's pocket knife?

I don’t think so, Brian’s knife has a different handle:
    http://campcomic.com/comic/378

I want Malachi and Neiman to be friends. T.T Neiman needs a friend.

• Options
    xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    I love it that every time the readers come up with several different scenarios on how something will play out and then BAM! - Katie and Adam just do something completely different.
    Like, everyone expected Mal to bash Neiman on the head or break a window and run away, but instead he didn't do any of that (tho he apparently contemplated it for a bit) and just went the pacifist way by talking it through. Tho now I see a great opportunity for Malachi to bash Neilman on the head on the next page :D

• Options
    armatur3armatur3 San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Hey Katie, is that a mistype? 'Something' instead of 'someone' in panel 6? "For something I like."

• Options
    armatur3 wrote: »
    Hey Katie, is that a mistype? 'Something' instead of 'someone' in panel 6? "For something I like."

Maybe he’s speaking on Neiman’s level since he seems to see people as objects?

• Options
    SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Awwwww, he wants a lock of Malachai's hair, how sweet.

Wait, he wants it from where!?!?

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    But the key though.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    kram1032 wrote: »
    But the key though.

It’s okay. What little food the camp has also works as a quick acting laxative.

briguy on
  • Options
    te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    @Xusako What if Katie and Adam decide what to do by checking what we didn't post? Also I think he needs more Malachi hair. He must be running out of Malachi hair. (Let's see what they come up now)

• Options
    RoaringRavenRoaringRaven Registered User regular
    Yeah, Malachi's character really doesn't say "Rock basher," to me. Honestly I expected him to just run away somehow. Maybe a while ago he would have, but he's really been growing as a person. I'm so proud :)

• Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Should have gone all 'Lord of the Flies' on him while you had the chance. Now you've brought a rock to a knife fight. Rock may beat scissors but rarely knife.

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    He wants a lock of hair!

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I'm sure that since everybody thinks Leiman only wants a lock of hair, he's gonna cut the last phalange of his pinky finger.

• Options
    Dublin wrote: »
    I'm sure that since everybody thinks Leiman only wants a lock of hair, he's gonna cut the last phalange of his pinky finger.

I was thinking pinky toe myself.

• Options
    Wizard4169Wizard4169 Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Rock may beat scissors but rarely knife.
    Depends on how hard (an accurately) you can throw the rock.

Wizard4169 on
  • Options
    The 7th ComradeThe 7th Comrade Registered User regular
    And Neiman will be known as the murderer of Camp W.

• Options
    mturner23462mturner23462 Registered User regular
    See, See this right here? This is what I tell people all the time, being reasonable and understanding just leads to trouble. Always hit them with the rock, its my new family crest.

• Options
    CalebCaleb Registered User regular
    You know for a camp for wayward youths there seem to be a large number of knives around...

• Options
    lokardolokardo Registered User regular
    This whole arc has been nerve wrecking.

• Options
    tabletable Registered User regular
    And for the volume finale... Honestly though, I think at this point we should be able to trust Neiman. I mean we have his backstory and everything, right? Right??

• Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    Blood brothers!

• Options
    Madock345Madock345 Registered User new member
    Dangit Malachi, NO. Smash the creep and run. Run fast.

• Options
    JackJack Registered User regular
    "Yooouuurrr skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnn....."

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Knives are the exclamation points in ordinary conversations.

• Options
    AldenSquaredAldenSquared Registered User new member
    It's been a real roller coaster for the past month here. I've especially enjoyed all of the comments below the comic. I honestly read the comic quickly and then jump down to the bottom of the comment thread to see what people are saying. Personally, I'm part of team "break the window and run." What Neiman needs from you before you go is your life.

• Options
    BrobBrob Registered User regular
    When all else fails - blood ritual. Would've been so much cleaner if he had left him tied up, gonna take weeks to clean now...

• Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    I'm going to be optimistic and assume Neiman only drew that knife to be helpful...

No wait, that's dark too. NEIMAN, DON'T DISEMBOWEL YOURSELF JUST TO RETRIEVE THAT KEY!

• Options
    UnwieldyUnwieldy Registered User regular
    His shoes...

• Options
    Eldarion27Eldarion27 Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Caleb wrote: »
    You know for a camp for wayward youths there seem to be a large number of knives around...

I'm sure they sent a bunch in a drop-box at some point

Eldarion27 on
  • Options
    treyhawktreyhawk Registered User new member
    There is a cat now in the cabin. Time for the cat to save Malachi's life!

• Options
    treyhawk wrote: »
    There is a cat now in the cabin. Time for the cat to save Malachi's life!

I was so surprised by Malachi’s maturity and handling of the situation that I completely forgot to look for the cat until you mentioned it.

• Options
    Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    The easy thing would be to smack him on the head and leave. He's picking the brave thing out of mercy. That's growth. Brave has never meant safety (in spite of what modern media seems to think these days), it generally is the opposite of that. He's taking a big risk, but hey if he can convince Neiman that he shouldn't take people (and maybe, hopefully later, their stuff) because other people have things they like too, heck, that might work.

• Options
    Jr. Mithrandir Jr. Mithrandir Registered User regular
    This was not the character development we asked for, but the character development we deserved.

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    te-kun wrote: »
    @Xusako What if Katie and Adam decide what to do by checking what we didn't post? Also I think he needs more Malachi hair. He must be running out of Malachi hair. (Let's see what they come up now)

I didn’t see anyone say alien abduction. Looks like Neiman’s getting beamed up next update.

• Options
    AdamRW wrote: »
    te-kun wrote: »

I didn’t see anyone say alien abduction. Looks like Neiman’s getting beamed up next update.

May Xenu have mercy on those aliens’ souls.

• Options
    davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    I didn't read "something" as a typo myself, @armatur3. The "something" Malachi seems to like is bringing people together -- preferably with himself at the center: animal preservation society, talent show, library light club, birthday party... (I was reminding myself by putting numbers into the /comic/### url pretty much at random.)

Also, Neiman seems more likely to identify with liking a "thing," and Malachi does a pretty good job of playing to his audience (when he can get one).

• Options
    bobtheaxolotlbobtheaxolotl Registered User regular
    Treyhawk: There was a cat in the cabin in the last comic, too.

• Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Not quite sure how to quote so @Wizard4169 true but once you've thrown your own and only ranged weapon you're essentially disarmed. Best to keep the rock in hand for multiple strikes and potential blocks or even to break the knife blade. Never disarm yourself.

• Options
    Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    Hawk that brings up a good point. Where is this quote button everyone is using?

• Options
    neptune432neptune432 Registered User regular
    Welp, Malachi said he needed a haircut.