As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - As Was Foretold

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - As Was Foretold

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    Good shit.

(Read that as "gooooooaaalll" at first)

• Options
    noxumbranoxumbra Registered User regular
    "My Chute" lol

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm want to read the newspost for this one. Obviously, they are massively overstating the situation. But why are they massively overstating it?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    If he's a Deputy, wouldn't 'Westworld' be more appropriate?

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm want to read the newspost for this one. Obviously, they are massively overstating the situation. But why are they massively overstating it?
    To make it funny.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    To make it funny.

I'll guess that some new sites are making a big deal of it, like corporate heads don't normally transition from time to time. So PA is mocking those stories' exaggerating the importance of this.

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    To make it funny.

I'll guess that some new sites are making a big deal of it, like corporate heads don't normally transition from time to time. So PA is mocking those stories' exaggerating the importance of this.

That was my thought too. I would have liked it if they took it even further, like having the replacement guy decapitate his predecessor like in Highlander

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    To make it funny.

Glad my take on it seems correct. I assumed since I had no idea who any of these people were, the comic was sarcastic hyperbole. In reality, no one gives a shit.

dennis on
  • Options
    Giancarlo MagnoGiancarlo Magno Registered User regular
    (insert Trump reference here)

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    While I am not a man whose life revolves around such news ( I have no clue who these people mentioned are), nor do I even care who occupies the "throne" at any given video game company, but god damn, that was still funny as hell. That last panel, those faces, Tycho getting to torture Gabe mentally AND physically. Tycho's news post later will only be the icing for me.

• Options
    bingomanateebingomanatee Registered User new member
    As a Sony employee, the mood in the office is "Keep Calm, Carry On"

• Options
    bingomanateebingomanatee Registered User new member
    Also, John Kodera's skill with the Bat'leth proved that he was the man most suited for the position.

• Options
    KaytaraKaytara Registered User new member
    Autoplaying video ads on Penny Arcade?!?! I am so disappointed I could cry...

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It's definitely a little eyebrow-raising that he's stepping down immediately, rather than giving notice like most CEOs. Then again he's staying on in the chairman role for the rest of the year?

I follow this business crapola semi-obsessively and I still feel like I need someone to tell me how I should feel about this.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Kaytara wrote: »

@Kaytara

Where?

I don't even see where one could be on the layout..

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular

Fake News

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular

@Kaytara

Where?

I had one the other day too. I believe it was the banner ad at the very top of the page. I was viewing it on a PC though, so I'm not sure if the same would happen on a phone.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    Leon2309Leon2309 Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

@Kaytara

Where?

Sometimes I get this twitch chess stream popping up on the news page where ads normally go to the right of the post, maybe that is what they are talking about?

EDIT: That popped when I, for some reason, had adblock on, turning it off fixed it. So, it may not be the exact cause, but still a possibility.

Leon2309 on
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Jeez the comics have been terrible lately.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    BbkzYEy.jpg

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    BbkzYEy.jpg

Avant-garde.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.