As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Also I don't think cows really kick people. Trample and gore maybe. But kicking seems out of their wheelhouse.

Milk cows will absolutely kick people.

Huh I've literally never heard a story of it. I've certainly taken a few hooves to the face from milking goats though.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    yh48g0tidnl7.png

vicious

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Horse kick has gotta be at the top.

Usually. If they buck and kick, it can easily kill you. If they just kinda swat at you with a hindquarter, it just hurts like a son of a bitch. Especially if they're shoed.
    Also I don't think cows really kick people. Trample and gore maybe. But kicking seems out of their wheelhouse.

No, they kick. Some really hate being milked, so you gotta be real careful lest you get a hoof in the face. I knew a guy in highschool that lost an eye.

• Options
    Huh. News to me I guess!

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I assume any animal my size or larger could lash out and instantly kill me whenever I am in range of its attacks

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DayZ
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I assume any animal my size or larger could lash out and instantly kill me whenever I am in range of its attacks

Also the ones smaller than you are often venomous or diseased and will also kill you, just more slowly.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Spy Party

Honestly I don't even include the my size or larger clause there

I've read Patricia Highsmith's The Animal Lover's Book of Beastly Murder, I know what's up

• Options
    If it's smaller than me than I can only put my faith in my reproduction German cavalry hammer to overcome it

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DayZ
    Anyone who is affronted by this forum's general opinion on geese should take a moment to consider what the worst (and in fact only) insult we're allowed to use on one another is.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Brolo wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    goose bites really don't hurt though

*snip*

WATERFOWL WILL MURDER YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY I READ ABOUT IT ON THE DAILYMAIL

Considering this comes from the Daily Mail, I can only assume the swan was an immigrant.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Milk cows will absolutely kick people.

Yeah, my grandad would tie plastic straps on the legs of cows that were known kickers. When they're in the milking parlor your head is basically at foot height.

Basically they were ticklish. Just, ya know, It's an animal that weighs a ton and has a hoof a foot from your head being ticklish.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    Holy shit, that's a ton of new posts in the Indie thread! Something big must have come out!

Never change, SE++

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular

I wish life gave you the option to turn on attack and movement ranges.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Feel like the UI in Battle Chasers should be just slightly larger on consoles, but oh well, I made my choice I guess.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Everyone laughing off geese bites, when it's them wing-punching you that is what will wreck you, least Canada geese, the arm breaking is a myth but still hurts like hell

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    That goose game better have options to make the goose a Canada goose.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    DayZ
    Someone on here told a story about how when they were younger their dad kinda casually booted a goose into pond when it tried to start on them.

I still crack up whenever I think of that story.

I think it was @Solar maybe?

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Just started up Cosmic Star Heroine. This system of "you can only use any given item once per battle but they regen every battle" is such a great way to avoid the "I can't use this megalixer, I only have 87 left!" problem that afflicts most RPGs.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DayZ
    Started getting into SteamWorld Dig (the first one) yesterday

That game is real good

I'm happy to hear the sequel is apparently so much better

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Just started up Cosmic Star Heroine. This system of "you can only use any given item once per battle but they regen every battle" is such a great way to avoid the "I can't use this megalixer, I only have 87 left!" problem that afflicts most RPGs.

That item thing comes from one of their prior games.

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 3.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    DayZ
    this robot in cuphead is a son of a bitch

he is the last boss before the finale that I have not beaten.

I love this game but I am not a huge fan of the airplane levels.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    That boss is a real motherfucker

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    DayZ
    every piece of his initial attacks and then secondary attacks are just built to fuck you in such specific and crushing ways, the bombs especially are so frustrating

like, here's a laser that fills half the screen and also blocks your shots, here's a floating thing that blocks your shots even when deactivated, here's some bombs that have a huge radius and mercilessly track you

the bullet hell after feels incredibly doable I just never make it to that phase with enough life.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Spy Party
    Psychonauts 2 has hit the "first playable" state, meaning they have a complete level with some basic cutscenes up and running:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gs6laePLIw

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Oh that looks real nice, but I hope they make it a bit more colorful.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Spy Party

This looks like a fun and cool game.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So I've been playing Battle Chasers the past 2 nights and it's probably the happiest I've been with a game that I've kickstarted. It's just beautiful and the music is amazing and the battle system is fun and interesting. Instead of having a skill tree like other rpgs, at around level 5 or 6 you unlock the perk system for a character, which lets you put points "perks". Some are basic like 2% more crit chance or 4% more defense, but some can get pretty crazy. There's one for the healer that, at the beginning of every battle, gives the character with the least health some slight health regen for a couple turns. And when you put points into a perk the points aren't lost and you're never locked in to using that perk. At any point in time you can open up the perk menu and completely respec all your perks as you see fit. It's awesome.

The only thing I have to say is, if you're interested in playing the game, maybe wait until they patch it first. There are some bugs in the game right now, one of which is a crash on ps4 if you play the game for a few hours, and another where there isn't as much gold in random crates as they want there to be. But the other thing is they plan to do some re-balancing in regards to the cost of upgrading shops, increasing the amount of loot dropped in dungeons, and the speed of leveling up in the late game. So it sounds like it would be worth it to wait for that patch so the game is as good as it can be.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Someone on here told a story about how when they were younger their dad kinda casually booted a goose into pond when it tried to start on them.

I don't have a goose story. But I do have the worst duckling story in the world.

There was a little girl on my school bus who had been talking all week about how her parents finally were going to get her a baby duckling. Every day she would go on about her proposed plans and adventures with her future duck friend. Her storybook life that had yet to pass.

Friday finally came around, and the bus made its stop. And there it was in her yard, adorned in a red bow around its neck. She screamed and ran off the bus to her new best friend. And at that exact moment, that precise awful second, a hawk swooped down and grabbed the duckling. Well most of it. In the process the duckling was decapitated, leaving the head and the bow at the little girl's feet.

She promptly fell to her knees and began wailing. You could see innocence die right then and there.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Spy Party

I don't have a goose story. But I do have the worst duckling story in the world.

There was a little girl on my school bus who had been talking all week about how her parents finally were going to get her a baby duckling. Every day she would go on about her proposed plans and adventures with her future duck friend. Her storybook life that had yet to pass.

Friday finally came around, and the bus made its stop. And there it was in her yard, adorned in a red bow around its neck. She screamed and ran off the bus to her new best friend. And at that exact moment, that precise awful second, a hawk swooped down and grabbed the duckling. Well most of it. In the process the duckling was decapitated, leaving the head and the bow at the little girl's feet.

She promptly fell to her knees and began wailing. You could see innocence die right then and there.

This made me mentally play Bogo's Frozen joke.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

that's really awful

• Options
    But the hawklings fed well that day

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Star Citizen
    Makes me think of this video

(To be clear, it's a video of a hawk catching a rabbit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFfxTZA6ao

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well that video is very upsetting

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Does that rabbit get its fuckin head torn off

Can we post animal destruction vids around here

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Don't tell Mike.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    yeah cool a story of an animal dying a violent death in front of a child wasnt enough i needed to see a video of it too

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    i have a lot of thoughts about Darkest Dungeon that I want to write down at some point

basically i think permadeath was a bad idea, it made dying suck enough that they had to make the combat fairly forgiving. i only played on Radiant though so maybe it's different at higher levels

also the perfect game would be Pokemon with the DD positional combat system

Oh ok. I didn't play on Radiant, but if you thought the combat was too forgiving that might be why.

i will probably play the expansion on Darkest at some point

not now though because I just spend like three months on it

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    to y'all who have completed cuphead: what is your death count? mine is 133 and i wanna hear yours!

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    exist wrote: »
    to y'all who have completed cuphead: what is your death count? mine is 133 and i wanna hear yours!

I haven't beaten it yet but I'm sure I'm nearing 400 or more.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    wait hang on

does Radiant actually make the monsters harder or does it just make dudes level up quicker

This discussion has been closed.