As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Las Vegas Shooting (Sunday night Oct. 1)

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Alex Jones needs to be committed. He's a danger to himself and others.
    Unfortunately that would be akin to martyring him. Which for his base, is the best possible thing to further their beliefs.

sig.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    My dad claims to have six videos that prove there was a second shooter on the 4th floor and god I'm just so tired of it

I'm so tired of people who aggressively refuse to recognize obvious instances of police or government corruption but insist on grand conspiracies that make no sense whatsoever in terms of logistics or goals

I'm so, so tired of people weaving every tragedy into the terrible LARP campaign that they play every day of their lives so they don't have to face the realities of the world or consider how they might actually be able to improve it

Speed Racer on
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    My dad claims to have six videos that prove there was a second shooter on the 4th floor and god I'm just so tired of it

ask him how the second shooter fired without breaking the windows which everyone knows don't open on Las Vegas hotels

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    What is a second shooter even supposed to prove? What agenda does that further? I am befuddled.

But then I usually am about the dialogue about things like this in this country.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

ask him how the second shooter fired without breaking the windows which everyone knows don't open on Las Vegas hotels

Lol there were two windows broken, globalist shill.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    facetious wrote: »
    What is a second shooter even supposed to prove? What agenda does that further? I am befuddled.

But then I usually am about the dialogue about things like this in this country.

Liberal cabal hired shooters to scare people into enacting gun control

Trump hired shooters to take the heat off of himself

Or my mom's theory, the NFL hired shooters to bury the national anthem kneeling stories that were hurting their bottom line

The why doesn't really matter. What's important is that you see through the lies because if you thought this was for real you might feel obligated to help do something about it, but because it was a false flag you can feel free to turn back to your alt right blogs and go right on grumbling about abortion and the gays

Because the fact that our corrupt liberal government is responsible means that the only way to win is to undo it and become True Conservatives again

Or, it's impossible to fix it and the apocalypse is happening soon so just make sure you've said all the right prayers so that you get raptured

Speed Racer on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    What is a second shooter even supposed to prove? What agenda does that further?

"I am smarter then *insert group here*"

woah shit im redpilled now, thanks for uncucking me

That the FBI is lying and the official narrative is false, which has implications

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Liberal cabal hired shooters to scare people into enacting gun control

Trump hired shooters to take the heat off of himself

Or my mom's theory, the NFL hired shooters to bury the national anthem kneeling stories that were hurting their bottom line

The why doesn't really matter. What's important is that you see through the lies because if you thought this was for real you might feel obligated to help do something about it, but because it was a false flag you can feel free to turn back to your alt right blogs and go right on grumbling about abortion and the gays

Because the fact that our corrupt liberal government is responsible means that the only way to win is to undo it and become True Conservatives again

Or, it's impossible to fix it and the apocalypse is happening soon so just make sure you've said all the right prayers so that you get raptured

Okay this one's pretty good

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

woah shit im redpilled now, thanks for uncucking me

This is the first time I've seen that word used without going into blinding rage so kudos.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    "The worst mass shooting in modern times"

While I by and large agree that this is better, this has the potential side effect of making the present day seem like an island, like some unconnected land mass, instead of contiguous with what got us here. A bloody (and, in the big scheme of things? Pretty recent) past makes for a bloody present, in a lot of ways

But that's more of a, like, philosophical difference with the language, rather than a straight-up "This is an inaccurate statement" situation

Could you say it's the worst shooting by a single gunman? Due to the fact that so many people were injured? (I will be honest and I do not know if the Native American massacres were done by a single person or in groups)

Absolutely, yeah. The scope of what an individual is mechanically capable of has changed dramatically.
    Cello wrote: »
    For what it's worth Pooro, I'd appreciate the notes about how this is whitewashing past violence, as someone who doesn't know much about American indigenous history

I mean hell, while I know a fair amount on the Canadian side of things, I only learned about Wounded Knee because of Bioshock: Infinite and started looking into that part of American history from there; there is absolutely a knowledge gap on the international level at least

Basically every tribe has at least one giant, horrible massacre or abuse in its past. Many tribes have several. I'll talk about a couple of better-known ones. I'd do more, but honestly, it's psychologically draining to think about/talk about this stuff too much.

The Arapahoe and Cheyenne have the Sand Creek Massacre.

The Lakota have the Wounded Knee massacre.

In each of these, unarmed civilian casualties - including women and children - number in the hundreds.

I've used Wikipedia as source to point one other thing out - note how many times that the articles call these "battles." Majority-civilian casualties, and they're called "battles" because some of the victims were armed and the perpetrators were soldiers. That it was state-sanctioned violence, borne of state-sanctioned oppression, does not mean it wasn't a mass shooting.

These were massacres where innocent, unarmed civilians were gunned down, en masse, indiscriminately.

These weren't battlefields, these were homes.

These weren't armies, they were communities.

Yes, some members of those communities were armed - just as some members of American communities where violent acts take place are armed. The vast majority were not. But an armed victim of outsized violence is still a victim of outsized violence.

In the University of Texas tower shooting, the populace was very famously armed and fired back. Yet we don't call it The Battle of the University of Texas.

Shuffling these massacres, these mass shootings by superiorly-armed parties, into this other category ("battles") removes them from the discussion of violence in America. Acting like acts of mass violence are acts of "lone wolves" serves only to pretend that America isn't an inherently violent construction. America's issues with violence in general, and gun violence in particular, run deep. To pretend otherwise, to pretend that the modern era is uniquely violent, is a great way to expend a lot of energy treating symptoms at the cost of ignoring diseases.

edited October 2017
    I think massacres committed by the state are implicitly categorized separately from what we mean when we say "mass shooting"

e: for example, I don't think we typically count Kent State because that was the Ohio National Guard

Dongs Galore on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I think massacres committed by the state are implicitly categorized separately from what we mean when we say "mass shooting"

And what that post and many others like it presuppose is, "what if we didn't do that?" Because by categorizing them differently we make it easier for people to dismiss them or rationalize them or do other stuff that lets them avoid confronting it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    @Poorochondriac I always appreciate your insight on matters of Native Americans and you have taught me a lot. I'm a lot more informed than I used to be directly because of you.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

A few more mass shootings in red territory will shift this.

Hey. This is kind of fucked up.

I live in Ohio. A state that regularly goes red though my county is usually blue.

There are plenty of people that lean more to the left out here and the stereotype of everyone living in flyover states that go red in elections being backwards hicks who live guns more than Healthcare or whatever is bullshit.

Even then, as far left as I personally am, I don't wish violence on the people near to me geographically who vote against their own and to a further extent The Other's self interest. It isn't their fault they are casting their balot stupidly, the system is designed to keep them doing that.

There are important shifts in culture that need to happen out here. I am of the opinion that a groundwork needs to be laid here in the red territory to pitch leftist policy to the some of the traditionally more entrenched republican voter bases. Instead of just dreaming of a future where accessible college education solves the problems in some undefined amount of time as liberal politicians seem to think.

It 100% is fucked up. I'm not trying to advocate it whatsoever. But the attitude shift that was reported over and over by the guy in the band is very telling.
    Brolo wrote: »

A few more mass shootings in red territory will shift this.

If more than a single school shooting hasn't, nothing will.

They're willing to let kids die to save their guns.

The kids who died were in CT, which is liberal, which means it was a lie. I work with people who tell me that the entire Sandy Hook incident was fabricated by the government with actors.

It is a lot harder to deny reality when it happens in your backyard.

It's a big country with a lot of backyard though. Even it happened in identical demographic town a county over it's easy to say "well that would never happen in OUR county." Let alone a different state, no matter how closely you may vote in national elections every 2-4 years.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

I adore how everyone on the internet suddenly became acoustical engineers with live fire experience overnight and can clearly tell from sounds present on cell phone film that there were multiple shooters.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Heh, I forgot about Buzz punching out that conspiracy theorist who called him a liar and a coward.

No "checkmate left media!" on that little incident. :P

manwiththemachinegun on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

e: for example, I don't think we typically count Kent State because that was the Ohio National Guard

Yeah but we totally should.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    The issue is these people 100% believe that guns aren't the problem so it doesn't matter who dies.

They're convinced that the issue is radical Islamics, people with mental issues, or violent minorities.

What I find completely ironic is that these same people are completely on board with limiting how much toothpaste I can take on an airplane.

Sassori wrote: »
    It's difficult when you know friends and family are in danger and it drives me absolutely crazy when people want to play conspiracy theorist.

It's a little funny to think about Buzz Aldrin punching a guy who thinks the moon landing was fake.

It's devastating to hear someone tell a Sandy Hook parent that the event never even happened.

Oh I have already seen several facebook shitlords putting out there that this was all faked and there was never any shootings.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's all fake. Nobody really died. They were all paid actors with blood packs staged in the crowd of the concert.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The Sandy Hook parents get death threats

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    It's all fake. Nobody really died. They were all paid actors with blood packs staged in the crowd of the concert.

the only people who have enough disposable income to fake this are the Koch fuckers and this isn't really what they want to see happen

Hobnail wrote: »

I always tell people, if you want to not lose all faith in humanity do NOT read about what the Sandy Hook parents have gone through.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't because it's so awful that it literally took 5 years off of my life.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

The written language was a mistake

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Christ some people really are the lowest form of shit aren't they

Sending death threats to the parents of a child killed in a shooting spree

just fuck

fucking

Argh these fucking people

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

the only people who have enough disposable income to fake this are the Koch fuckers and this isn't really what they want to see happen

Clearly you've never heard George Soros, shadow government overlord and leader of the illuminati, who just so happens to be Jewish, that part is completely coincidence though, seriously.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Seems apt
    jrwz5vq1mltg.jpg

This really is a trashcan down the street from me

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Christ some people really are the lowest form of shit aren't they

Sending death threats to the parents of a child killed in a shooting spree

just fuck

fucking

Argh these fucking people

It's one of those things where if you try to explain it to someone face to face in real life you sound like a fucking lunatic even to yourself because it's so outlandishly insane and horrible

Like try to explain, with words that come out of your mouth, PizzaGate to someone who has no idea what that is

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I find it sad the two cops that were harassing me only stopped because I got them banned from Walmart for harassing me while on the clock
    They can never come into a Walmart ever again

why in the world were you being harassed by cops in wal-mart???

Because I was getting harassed while walking home from work by them as they thought I was either homeless or up to no good
    With quotes of "it would be a shame to take you in for something so petty" And go to the station and see if you have warrant.
    They kept it up for months until the time one of was there busting a shoplifter and I was pushing carts out he said something to me in front of one of the Co Managers whom took him off to the side then asked me what was going on
    They had him banned since it's a No no to do that

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jesus Brainleech that's awful. At least it's good they aren't harassing you anymore?

Though I wonder if you could have gotten their badge numbers or names or something and reported them to their superior? That shit is fucked up.

I did to that yet it still continued as I only knew him as badge #4156 nothing more

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I did to that yet it still continued as I only knew him as badge #4156 nothing more

I'm starting to get the feeling that it might be a good idea for you to wear your purple heart, like, all the time...

Seems apt
    jrwz5vq1mltg.jpg

This really is a trashcan down the street from me

It is no longer a trashcan...Jones actually lives in there. You need to move.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Trash cans aren't owned by the people living at the property I thought. Technically that's vandalism of the company's waste bin.

• NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Trash cans aren't owned by the people living at the property I thought. Technically that's vandalism of the company's waste bin.

That depends on a combination of when and where. When my family lived in city limits we had to buy our own cans and it was only relatively recently that the city standardized cans and it wasn't all neighborhoods in the city at once. When we moved to a house which was technically in the county the county had provided those standardized cans before the city had. I imagine if you randomly selected people from cities and counties from all across the US you'd get more than a few who live in counties or cities that don't provide standard cans and the resident has to purchase any.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    have we gotten into how gun laws disproportionately target people of color, and when gun ownership protects vulnerable groups when the state utterly fails to stop (and outright encourages) violence against them? like how black panthers open carrying stopped a bunch of police violence from occurring decades ago

because this issue is even more substantial than simply banning firearms, and I'm hoping beyond hope folk keep their perspective as broad as possible when solving this huge fucking problem

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    tbh, specifically banning white folk from owning/using firearms would solve most of it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Dubh wrote: »
    tbh, specifically banning white folk from owning/using firearms would solve most of it

Well yeah it's white folk doing the vast majority of mass shootings.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Alex Jones needs to be committed. He's a danger to himself and others.

Unless he's in the court of law, in which he's merely playing a character