As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thread Fast Thread Furious

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
A movie came out today, the eighth in an incredible franchise of movies. A movie called FATE OF THE FURIOUS!

So far we've had

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast and Furious 6
Furious 7
Fate of the Furious

Having just watched F8 I can make a definitive ranking

F8
F7
F6
F5
Tokyo Drift
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious

Fast and Furious

Herein will be spoilers about F8. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE LIKE SERIOUSLY HUGE SPOILERS COVERING EVERY PART OF THE MOVIE
The opening scene in Cuba is fucking perfect. Dom needing to beat someone in a street race to help his cousin. He has to beat this crazy souped up car in what is the slowest car on the island so of course by the end he is literally RACING A FIREBALL BACKWARDS ACROSS THE FINISH LINE

I didn't end up giving a fuck about how easily they forgave Jason Statham. By the end of the movie I was all in on him.

The prison break fight was amazing. The Rock just letting rubber bullets bounce off him? Fucking badass

Charlize Theron was fine. I'm curious to see what else she does since she should remain the main bad guy going forward most likely.

Helen Mirren was hilarious but I wish they used her more

The action in this movie....fucking ridiculous.

The scene with Dom's baby in the plane with Jason Statham was hilarious and amazing.

I do think there was a Paul Walker sized hole but I like that they gave his character a mention and I knew that was going to be the name of Dom's son at the end.

I don't knoiw why Elena had to die other than to make the situation easier for Dom and Letty to be together (this is probably the biggest blemish on the movie)

I would have liked to see the Wyndham Rewards Wizard actually do something instead of just trying to look scary at times and pull guns.

The hacking and computer shit in this movie is very suspect but I never care about that as long as it is entertaining.

THE ROCK REDIRECTS A TORPEDO ON THE ICE WITH HIS HAND WHILE HANGING ON TO A CAR DOOR AND DRAGGING HIS FEET ON THE ICE

I teared up at the end with Dom and the baby because I'm a dad and that shit hits me now.

More people need to hurry up and see this shit so I can discuss it. I know I loved it but it might have just hit the right buttons for me. I'm looking for the other HUGE F and F fans to see what they think.

I honestly can't imagine loving this franchise and not loving this movie.

I hope they never stop making them.

I was going to type more but I need to run to Target. I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    There's a blu ray boxest on Amazon's deal of the day for a little under 10 more hours, the first 7 movies and a case with space for 8 for 28 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01N32H7KI/81-521-20/

For anyone who is a film and 40's fan I haven't been able to confirm if 5-7 are extended editions or not.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Tokyo Drift above 1? That's a bold move Cotton.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Tokyo Drift above 1? That's a bold move Cotton.

I stand by that decision.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Does anybody remember that old pirates PC game Sea Dogs? Pretty big, you made your own captain, hired your own crew and just sailed around doing piratey things? Then the sequel came out and lost all its money, but Disney bought them out and renamed it Pirates of the Caribbean, but it was literally the same awesome game, just every once in awhile you'd encounter The Black Pearl?

That's the kind of game I want for F&F. You make a driver, build your car, assemble your crew, perform awesome daring car heists and lasso military planes out of the air with cars, just every once in awhile Statham just comes out of nowhere to wreck you.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Probably won't get to see this til Sunday

• Options
    I want to go watch it again.

• Options
    I think this was not as good as 5 and 6, but better than 7, even with the... iffy retcons

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    I watched 1-3 in life and then 5-7 with GB and film and forties

i still maintain that Tokyo drift is my favorite, with 1 being a close second

5-6-7 turn up real good, and 5 especially for introducing the rock

i cried at end of 7

im glad vin and company make alot of money on these

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    F8 of the Furious was better than Furious 7, but definitely not as good as Fast 5 and Furious 6.
    Sorry, reducing Elena to a Baby Machine That Gets Killed so that Letty doesn't have to get pregnant now is fuckin' gross.

Also I can be down with Deckard Shaw and Hobbs being comrades, maybe even Owen Shaw and Hobbs. But Dom and and Owen? That's pushing it. Dom and Deckard? Fuck. No. Dude straight up killed Han for putting Owen in a coma, and tried to kill everyone else in The Fambly. Deckard and the baby would have been way more adorable/hilarious if we'd even seen any kind of personality other than The Predator in Furious 7 too.

They tried though, so they get points for that.

edit: Man, that seemed way less angry in my head. I did enjoy the movie (bunches) otherwise though.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    It better be better than the last one :?

rhylith on
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Fuckin done

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    what do you have against submarines

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    F8 of the Furious was better than Furious 7, but definitely not as good as Fast 5 and Furious 6.
    Sorry, reducing Elena to a Baby Machine That Gets Killed so that Letty doesn't have to get pregnant now is fuckin' gross.

Also I can be down with Deckard Shaw and Hobbs being comrades, maybe even Owen Shaw and Hobbs. But Dom and and Owen? That's pushing it. Dom and Deckard? Fuck. No. Dude straight up killed Han for putting Owen in a coma, and tried to kill everyone else in The Fambly. Deckard and the baby would have been way more adorable/hilarious if we'd even seen any kind of personality other than The Predator in Furious 7 too.

edit: Man, that seemed way less angry in my head. I did enjoy the movie (bunches) otherwise though.

Truthfully someone had to remind me of that tidbit after I'd seen it, and it really is my only big qualm with f8. I kinda hope they get into it a bit in 9

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    what do you have against submarines

Nothing. Submarines are incredible pieces of design and engineering.

F8 was shit.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Assuming this franchise tracks with my other favorite FF franchise, this one should be a throwback to the classic days of 5 and 6.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    F8 was amazing.

I can't believe we have to wait until 2020!

I was hoping next year maybe.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Assuming this franchise tracks with my other favorite FF franchise, this one should be a throwback to the classic days of 5 and 6.

Trying really hard to figure out what this is
    Edit: I just got it

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    fuck all of you, F8 is a MASTERPIECE

• Options
    F8 had some real fun stuff and some really not good stuff

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

The bit where they shield Dom from the explosion made my entire life.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

Truthfully someone had to remind me of that tidbit after I'd seen it, and it really is my only big qualm with f8. I kinda hope they get into it a bit in 9
    I was pissed that they were so quick to welcome Han’s murderer into the family at the end, and the Elena stuff was just awful. Really hurt the movie for me.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    rhylith wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »

I was pissed that they were so quick to welcome Han’s murderer into the family at the end, and the Elena stuff was just awful. Really hurt the movie for me.

Yeah, those two things were really the reason why F8 is the weakest of the post-4 FF movies

6 still reigns supreme in my mind

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I hope the title really is hashtag F 9

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »

The bit where they shield Dom from the explosion made my entire life.

I prefer him being Deathstroke

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    my favorite fast and the furious is biker boyz

i was on the street team

https://youtu.be/BPAFue9tDhU

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Yeah the Elena stuff was pretty unfortunate, woulda been cool to see them balance both letty being back and dom having a baby momma he definitely still had feelings for.

I'll also agree 8 is the weakest of the full crazy f&f films, but i love this series so I'm still in to the end on this thing

Sleep on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They're gonna need to upgrade the shit out of Scott Eastwood's character in the next one if The Rock is off doing spin-offs. Dom doesn't have an equal or at least someone he can bounce off anymore since Han and Brian are gone.

sig.gif