As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Well, let me put the question to you @ketar , who will you vote for?

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Jatta Pake wrote: »
    MrBlarney: Some fine folks over at BGG forums are asking what you are using to create this game's map. I hope I'm not offending by posting in the midst of your game. I can take this to PMs if you prefer.
    Well, it probably would have been better as a PM in the first place, but it's no big trouble for only a single post. The images have been crafted and manipulated in GIMP, while an Excel spreadsheet and plaintext document are used to keep track of game states. The text document is especially useful for tracking the action history for the many cases where a state change has not been recorded properly in the map or spreadsheet record. I could possibly make use of Python, SQLite, etc. to make tracking easier or more consistent, but since I only run about one game a year, it hasn't felt like worth the investment of time and energy.

The fact that I've been running games for quite a while actually feeds into the reasons for the graphical style. I still have the mindset of times where screen size, internet speed, and storage were all smaller or slower. Peering at things through a window is a very different experience than actually interacting with game components, so the game deserved a different kind of presentation style to match the mode of gameplay. I didn't really like how large the component scans needed to be in order to get readable images. I chose to produce a simplified pixel style so that states could be readable with as little scrolling as possible. From a personal standpoint, this is also my way of trying to show respect to those who worked hard to put together the games, by putting my own legwork to host them.

I'll probably cross-post this to the BGG thread as well, if the conversation needs to continue. (Though it looks like it's only a couple of people who showed interest rather than some. :P)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Well, let me put the question to you @ketar , who will you vote for?

We are willing to sell our votes if someone needs them to achieve victory on this agenda. If not, we will either abstain or vote for the least odious vermin we can make a difference for if it prevents a duplicitous race like the Naalu from winning.

• Options
    I suppose there are other ways to do that.
    @Lykouragh would you be interested in lending your votes to me in this agenda?

• Options
    Well.
    It's rather a bit too quiet in here.
    We suppose it might be because I have @jakobagger 's representative hostage.

There are rather two ways this can go down, either we use this Assassinate Action Card to prevent him from voting, or I trade him this Action Card in exchange for his votes on this agenda.
    @jakobagger what do you say?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    So obviously we need a dead-man's switch on this thing:

@jakobagger I propose the following deal:
    I trade you my Assassinate Representative Action Card for your Support to the Throne.
    Later I will trade you the Support to the Throne back in return for your votes supporting me in this agenda.

Denial (aside perhaps negotiation on the exact measure of the collateral) of this deal results in my playing of Assassinate Representative:
    After an agenda is revealed: Choose one player. That player cannot vote on this agenda.
    And targeting @jakobagger

discrider on
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    @discrider

I'll happily sell my votes, say 2 TG?

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    So obviously we need a dead-man's switch on this thing:

@jakobagger I propose the following deal:
    I trade you my Assassinate Representative Action Card for your Support to the Throne.
    Later I will trade you the Support to the Throne back in return for your votes supporting me in this agenda.

Denial (aside perhaps negotiation on the exact measure of the collateral) of this deal results in my playing of Assassinate Representative:
    After an agenda is revealed: Choose one player. That player cannot vote on this agenda.
    And targeting @jakobagger

How can I be sure I'm getting the Support note back here?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    You actually can't
    Promissory notes in the play area cannot be traded
    and you must put support for the throne in the play area immediately

additionally,
    During each “Vote” step of the agenda phase, a player may perform one transaction with each other player, even if those players are not his neighbors.

You can only do one exchange with Muaat during this vote

• Options
    Well that sucks.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    During each “Vote” step of the agenda phase, a player may perform one transaction with each other player

We're terribly sorry @jakobagger but you heard the man.
    By the time I can trade this card our window of opportunity will have closed.

We Assassinate @jakobagger 's representative.
    Sabotages?

( @Lykouragh we will take that deal, albiet payment will occur when I have 2 TG to trade)

• Options
    No sabo. Vote Muaat.

• Options
    No sabotage.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I mean, the chance of me taking the deal was very small anyway, so.

• Options
    Yeah, may as well cut to the point.

• Options
    (it was a shit deal, is what I am saying)

• Options
    (I wasn't sure what other collateral would have been acceptable to ensure your votes :/
    Of course Support being played immediately voids it anyway so...)

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    No sabo, abstain vote

Muaat is runaway victor with Hacan's votes disabled. No one can catch him.

• Options
    Abstain

• Options
    We also vote for ourselves when we get to voting

• Options
    Oh, huh. If everyone's decided on how the votes are gonna roll out, I suppose that's it. Technically, Phyphor still has 2 votes to cast, but there's no overcoming the combination of Muaat and Naalu, with Hacan's neutralization. I'll roll out the game state update a little later tonight so we can start Round 3.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No sabotage. I will play my action card if I still can

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Ehh, the timing is odd, but everyone else jumped the gun on voting before I officially opened things up. Yeah, I'll allow it. Go ahead and play your card if you want, @Phyphor. I was expecting some kind of conditional orders, maybe, given that you posted earlier in the day?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Ehh, the timing is odd, but everyone else jumped the gun on voting before I officially opened things up. Yeah, I'll allow it. Go ahead and play your card if you want, @Phyphor. I was expecting some kind of conditional orders, maybe, given that you posted earlier in the day?

Technically @Phyphor votes first, so the vote can't start before he acts.
    Realistically it probably only affects things if @Lykouragh decides to not vote Muuat.

• Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Ehh, the timing is odd, but everyone else jumped the gun on voting before I officially opened things up. Yeah, I'll allow it. Go ahead and play your card if you want, Phyphor. I was expecting some kind of conditional orders, maybe, given that you posted earlier in the day?

Technically Phyphor votes first, so the vote can't start before he acts.
    Realistically it probably only affects things if Lykouragh decides to not vote Muuat.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that for fairness, earlier vote declarations become non-binding if Phyphor decides to play an Action Card. So let that be another warning.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Diplomacy Rider
    After an agenda is revealed: You cannot vote on this agenda. Predict aloud an outcome of this agenda. If your prediction is correct, choose 1 system that contains a planet you control. Each other player places a command token from their reinforcements in that system.

Choose Muaat

• Options
    No Sabo, Phyphor needs to predict an outcome I guess and then we vote?

• Options
    I already did. @discrider @MrBody @ketar @jakobagger to sabotage / vote

• Options
    No sabotage.

I suppose Muaat will now have to decide what is worth more: one extra secret objective, or being able to take Mecatol Rex before the Winnu build up more. The Winnu will definitely get Warfare before anyone else who would want it in that scenario can.

• Options
    I'm not going to warfare three turns in a row, that would be silly

• Options
    Mmmhmm.

• Options
    I think literally every other strategy card would be more valuable to me this round

• Options
    @Phyphor Oh.
    Thought for a second you picked our home system to block.
    No sabotage
    Still voting Muuat.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    No sabotage.

I suppose Muaat will now have to decide what is worth more: one extra secret objective, or being able to take Mecatol Rex before the Winnu build up more. The Winnu will definitely get Warfare before anyone else who would want it in that scenario can.

We suppose the L1Z1X are also taking Imperial before the Winnu can? :rotate:

• Options
    Still vote Muaat

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    No sabotage.

We suppose the L1Z1X are also taking Imperial before the Winnu can? :rotate:

Eh, I don't care about that any more than I care about Mecatol Rex.

• Options
    Considering this hasn't changed @Lykouragh or our intentions, does anyone else have any action cards they'd like to play before we vote?
    @Phyphor @Ketar @MrBody @jakobagger ?

• Options
    Nope.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    nah

• Options
    Once we pass this agenda we can work on overtaking the other game :cool: