As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I have no idea what I just ordered from the [Bad Food Thread]

Indie WinterIndie Winter die KräheRudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
edited October 2017 in Social Entropy++
I'm in japan and the mcdonald's here is crazy

cTl4WFO.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
Indie Winter on

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I had Halo Top Pancakes and Waffles for breakfast

I realize it's mostly the good ice cream, but I still had ice cream for breakfast, I think it fits here

Somebody stop me from buying the cookie butter Oreo's

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ginger pork sandwich? That sounds pretty decent.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    What's crazy in the first picture?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Look at those tiny ketchup packets. Dear god could you imagine those people here in the US having to deal with that when they normally use a god damn drink lid to pile ketchup onto?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

French fries should be 60% ketchup or malt vinegar by volume, it's law.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Look at those tiny ketchup packets. Dear god could you imagine those people here in the US having to deal with that when they normally use a god damn drink lid to pile ketchup onto?

Man I bet those packets have more ketchup in them than our usual packets.

Also when they switched a lot of fast food places to those obnoxious dip and squeeze packets instead of the old ones, the restaurants started getting cheap and only giving one packet when you go through the drive through and what the fuuuuuuuuck.

I usually just park, go inside and grab a giant handful of ketchup packets.

I also bought some of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Condiment-Containers-Disposable-Ramekins/dp/B01NCIM2CL/

So if they only have the pump stations I can fill 'em on up.

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Today is National Taco Day! I celebrated with a breakfast taco from Toxic Hell.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Is that first picture a rabbit burger??

zkHcp.jpg
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Whenever I eat in at mcd's or wendys, I always get ketchup for the fries.
    But whenever I take out I prefer not having ketchup.
    It's odd.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

I DONT KNOW

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Burger King in the previous gen of fries had them work with the ketchup
    It was curious

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

they look normal sized to me?

Some of the places here hand out these fancy packets of Ketchup
    tb9sketdozc7.png

I did name one of the guilds I ended up with in Wow Fancy Like Ketchup

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Some of the places here hand out these fancy packets of Ketchup
    tb9sketdozc7.png

I did name one of the guilds I ended up with in Wow Fancy Like Ketchup

Those are the packets I was talking about!

They fucking suck! Restaurants will only give you one at the drive thru for an entire large fry! “But it’s the equivalent of three of the old packs” shut up that’s enough for like half an order of fries!

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Those packets are awesome when they actually have it enough of them. Only Wendy's used to have them though and they switched back to the shitty ones that have enough ketchup for a single fry.

Mc'ds is the only one around here that doesn't hand them out

The Ketchup burger king had before was good now it's adequate.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    If you're in japan and want fast food burgers you should be going to Lotteria or Mos Burger man. They're so much more interesting than McDonalds.

When I was in Japan for my honeymoon, I got a really bad throat infection and had to go to the hospital for IV antibiotics, then right after we went to Mos Burger and it made me feel so much better.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Yep. Typical Aussie tomato sauce packets from fast food places look like this:

squeeze.png

and they hold half an ounce of sauce.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    If you're in japan and want fast food burgers you should be going to Lotteria or Mos Burger man. They're so much more interesting than McDonalds.

When I was in Japan for my honeymoon, I got a really bad throat infection and had to go to the hospital for IV antibiotics, then right after we went to Mos Burger and it made me feel so much better.

I. Love. Mos Burger!

I made a point of eating there every time i went to Hong Kong.

steam_sig.png
  • ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    This conversation is getting a bit saucy for me.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Oooo new thread.

Tomorrow I'm going to eat a cheese pizza I bought from Morrison's with some left over onion and chive double Gloucester added

More cheese

• KadithKadith Registered User regular

I DONT KNOW

WE NEED FACTS

zkHcp.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Ok my wife says that the wrapper says it's a "Moon Viewing" burger.

20160902%2BMcDonald%2527s%2BTsukimi%2BBurger%2B25%2BYears.png

the wrapper says Tsukimi, which refers to a fall tradition of looking at the moon because it's extra big. Specifically looking at the moon's reflection in a pond??

There are specific foods and iconography related to Tsukimi, including eggs (because the yolk looks like the moon) and rabbits (because there's folklore about a rabbit that lives on the moon)

so Tsukimi Burgers are a range of special burgers that have a fried egg on them, and they're decorated with a rabbit because it's part of the season.
    Tsukimi%2BBurger%2B2015.jpg

#pipe on
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Did someone say Halo Top ice cream?

https://youtu.be/j4IFNKYmLa8

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The rabbit on the moon makes more sense than the man on the moon. It never looked like a person to me.

steam_sig.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I DONT KNOW

Lets be honest. Is having the meat be a mystery really all that different from any other McDonalds?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    #pipe wrote: »
    Ok my wife says that the wrapper says it's a "Moon Viewing" burger.

20160902%2BMcDonald%2527s%2BTsukimi%2BBurger%2B25%2BYears.png

the wrapper says Tsukimi, which refers to a fall tradition of looking at the moon because it's extra big. Specifically looking at the moon's reflection in a pond??

There are specific foods and iconography related to Tsukimi, including eggs (because the yolk looks like the moon) and rabbits (because there's folklore about a rabbit that lives on the moon)

so Tsukimi Burgers are a range of special burgers that have a fried egg on them, and they're decorated with a rabbit because it's part of the season.
    Tsukimi%2BBurger%2B2015.jpg

Okay Thats just wrong. Not because of the concept, but because those eggs are obviously completely cooked. It's not a fried egg on a burger unless the yoke is soft and pops, making the sandwich into a sticky, gooey, runny, delicious mess as soon as you pick it up.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Would you trust McDonald's to give you a runny yoke?

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that egg is just the same one they put in McMuffins

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Feriluce wrote: »

... what the fuck

(top comment on that vid: "New Black Mirror episode looks awesome!")

Commander Zoom on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    There WAS a rabbit on the moon. Goku put him there.

And then Master Roshi blew up the moon.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    update: the korean bbq place was really good and we ate a whole lot

it was a Korean chain called 678 owned by a comedian, and they had a wall of celebrity signatures, but it was also incredibly high quality. Like, they had their own in-house butcher and all the cuts were just exquisite, and it was cool because they had a whole room full of furnaces to heat up the coals they used, and also it had some of the best sides. They had this scrambled egg dish that was just the most incredibly light and fluffy mix and it was just divine.

also got to try a "German-Style" Korean beer which was pretty nice, as well as pork jowls

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Feriluce wrote: »

... what the fuck

(top comment on that vid: "New Black Mirror episode looks awesome!")

I would fight a robot before I ate low-cal ice cream.

kyrcl.png
    Maximum wrote: »
    Would you trust McDonald's to give you a runny yoke?

Well my view is basically if you can't do something the way its suppose to be done (Baring where you are specifically trying to do something new), then you shouldnt half-ass it.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

It was mostly a joke but Americans typically use way more ketchup that that. I was not kidding about regularly seeing people use large drink lids to pour a massive amount of ketchup onto them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Applebee's has a fried egg burger that's pretty good. Something to keep in mind if you're going for the dollar margaritas.

Red Robin also has an option with an egg on the burger, probably one of my favorites from them.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Colleague brought snacks from Japan. Eating japanese nacks for the first time is like playing roulette. "This candy looks nice, a bit like red liqourice....oh, its salted beef jerky."

honovere on
    "No, No...thats really is red liqourice" Is also a possible response.

This discussion has been closed.