As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Hasn't been much call for it, we've only had the 1 combat encounter and flying or chain lighting wouldn't have ended it much quicker than when Eledana showed up.

And flying on rooftops might have put you into SOMEBODY'S jurisdiction...

iguanacus on
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I keep meaning to dig through the DMG and make a magic crap wishlist, but the Pants of Holding and the Wolfblade are pretty much all Tusk ever wanted out of life.

Whatever happened to Auraj's research into making a submarine?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Do not piss off Roof Cop.

edited September 2017
    After watching his parents be killed by gargoyles, Roof Cop was raised by pigeons. He has only the dimmest awareness that the roofs he runs across are the tops of enclosures, and is often mystified by where all the people in the streets below appear from and go to. Roof Cop has an ongoing flirtation/rivalry with Basement Crook, their worlds separated by the insurmountable gulf of the law/chaos axis and also the street level.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I keep meaning to dig through the DMG and make a magic crap wishlist, but the Pants of Holding and the Wolfblade are pretty much all Tusk ever wanted out of life.

Whatever happened to Auraj's research into making a submarine?

well, I'd really love to do that character arc

but we've been in deep for several adventures in a row

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Oh shit it's Thursday. Not gonna be around tonight, I'm sorry. Next week I am on vacation and we're 100% ready to go!

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    ah dang

well, hopefully your night tonight wont be shit!

Miss me? Find me on:

I'll be late this week, I gotta drop my brother and his wife off at the airport. Maybe an hour. I could install the discord app on my phone and play in the car on the drive home?

if that's not too distracting

albino could do your rolls for you or something

Miss me? Find me on:

It's all turnpike driving so shouldn't be an issue.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i imagine the first hour or so will be us dealing with customs anyway.

Don't forget to completely fill out form 12b, about the possession and transportation of draconic offspring. But not form 12a, about the possession and transportation of unhatched draconic eggs. And definitely not those forms about intent to sell, we don't want them thinking we intend to set up an exotic import/export business.

I have successfully spent at least one whole session where the party filled out paperwork.

One of them ended up registered as another's Familiar and was unable to move more than 100ft away for the duration of their trip to Mechanus.

might be a little late, hopefully won't but it relies on factors out of my control. will be on, and i figure with iguanacus being late my being late shouldn't even be noticed.

But it's important to let people know. Might still be on time though. Let's find out.

I will be on time like a thoughtful and responsible player.

Bonus XP please!

I'll be on time

Miss me? Find me on:

i got out of the walk in clinic in time to not be late. if he gets bonus xp i should get even more.

so, we can can a bunch of oil to set a large fire. A large fire to distract shittown to take down culsha and then rob the bank.

I'm still not 100% certain why we're robbing the bank, given that we are rolling in cash enough that we could go on a Magic Item Binge and still have too much money to conveniently haul around. But... y'all didn't stand in the way of my Owning a Dinosaur Dream, so I won't stand in the path of your Robbing a Bank Dream.

it's not about the money (it's sort of about the money) It's about sending A Message.

And that message is "If you didn't want us to rob your bank, you shouldn't have put all this money inside of it."

the message is "My Friends Won't Let ME Eat A God, So I Took Your God's Money"

Apologies in advance if your wyrmling does something stupid and auraj has to eat it

Rest assured, she already prepares for that type of scenario every day

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    Apologies in advance if your wyrmling does something stupid and auraj has to eat it

Rest assured, she already prepares for that type of scenario every day

eh, i'm not going to be too upset if i have yeller it, provided we have sparks back.

I already know how exactly how I'm gonna handle the situation if the wyrmling decides to push their luck

and it is very in-character

Miss me? Find me on:

so I have dental surgery this thursday and I honestly don't know what the recovery time is for a root canal

prospects are looking like a maybe according to some brief research

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    so I have dental surgery this thursday and I honestly don't know what the recovery time is for a root canal

prospects are looking like a maybe according to some brief research

Yikes, good luck! I would expect you to be unable to make it, tbqh. But let us know!

I had a root canal back in August, and it was like three hours before I had enough control of my lips and tongue to form coherent speech. But I've got a weird threshold for anesthetics where my body just kind of ignores them until a very high dose, at which point it leaps immediately from zero to "you are all the way fucked up" and skips all the in between steps. So your experience obviously may vary.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I had a root canal back in August, and it was like three hours before I had enough control of my lips and tongue to form coherent speech. But I've got a weird threshold for anesthetics where my body just kind of ignores them until a very high dose, at which point it leaps immediately from zero to "you are all the way fucked up" and skips all the in between steps. So your experience obviously may vary.

Do you have red hair?
    When I looked into it, it seemed like people with red hair have trouble with local anesthesia.

discrider wrote: »

Do you have red hair?
    When I looked into it, it seemed like people with red hair have trouble with local anesthesia.

Darker brown, but used to have some red streaks in my beard. And also a physique that has been described as "Shrek-like", which definitely contributes to the problem.

I may not be able to play tomorrow. I may have to fly out of state Friday, in which case I’ve got a whole lot of crap to take care of tomorrow night. Still not 100% confirmed though, so I’ll keep you all updated.

Actually, maybe I spoke too soon, and may not have to get out of town until early next month.

On the other hand, Internet is out at my apartment. Roommates say there’s a tech scheduled tomorrow morning, so we’ll see how that works out. If necessary, I can still get on the discord on my phone and just have others roll dice for me.

Since you and Dubh are both maybes, just keep us posted!

i am certainly available, and won't be late. unless it is cancelled.

okay, so today wasn't the actual root canal

so I'm deffo good

Miss me? Find me on:

Surprise surprise, Comcast failed to fix my internet. The story their technician told my roommate is absolute Star Trek Technobabble tier nonsense, and the roommate who relayed it is a freakin court stenographer, so I’m reasonably certain of his ability to accurately recall and repeat information. So I’m waiting on hold now to talk to that tech’s supervisor. Time to make some customer service waves.

Anyway, I did some testing of my phone’s data signal down here without the WiFi, and it’s far shittier than I recalled. Seems like today is not a good day to Tusk, sorry.

Like, I’m literally sitting on my back porch right now in the cold, so I can get enough bars to post this. And so I can be sure that I won’t miss a PAX Unplugged Omeganaut call today, should one come.

Well that is disappointing but not unexpected.

this is why i know my neighbour's wifi passwords.

that and because they're cusadmin.

Ah booo.

Slimy seafaring scoundrels scouting secretive surveyors stashes will have to wait until next week then.

(I'm completely fucking exhausted so I'm happy to take a break, tbh. But I'm excited to propel this campaign into Act 3!)

also if people want to hang out i will be around.