As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I have no idea what I just ordered from the [Bad Food Thread]

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    From now on I will google that shit before I try. It was a indivudally wrapped Jackie Calpas.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Ok my wife says that the wrapper says it's a "Moon Viewing" burger.

20160902%2BMcDonald%2527s%2BTsukimi%2BBurger%2B25%2BYears.png

the wrapper says Tsukimi, which refers to a fall tradition of looking at the moon because it's extra big. Specifically looking at the moon's reflection in a pond??

There are specific foods and iconography related to Tsukimi, including eggs (because the yolk looks like the moon) and rabbits (because there's folklore about a rabbit that lives on the moon)

so Tsukimi Burgers are a range of special burgers that have a fried egg on them, and they're decorated with a rabbit because it's part of the season.
    Tsukimi%2BBurger%2B2015.jpg

Okay Thats just wrong. Not because of the concept, but because those eggs are obviously completely cooked. It's not a fried egg on a burger unless the yoke is soft and pops, making the sandwich into a sticky, gooey, runny, delicious mess as soon as you pick it up.

I'm more curious about the sauce on them.
    It's too pale to be ketchup, but it's too pink to be just mayo.
    Doesn't look like it's quite the right color for the big mac sauce.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Probably a McDonalds bastardized version of hollandaise sauce.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I would hazard a guess that it's a spicy mayo

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Panda Express nearby used to have all the sauces out by the soda fountain but now you have to ask the cashier which sauce packets you want and how many. At least the chopsticks are still out for me to grab a couple more for later use.

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Heinz ketchup is dead to me. Frenchs all the way.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Panda Express nearby used to have all the sauces out by the soda fountain but now you have to ask the cashier which sauce packets you want and how many. At least the chopsticks are still out for me to grab a couple more for later use.

"Ooooooh wee, i love Panda E. Is this the sugar chicken? "
    "Morty, I think we can safely say its all Sugar Chicken".

azith28 wrote: »

"Ooooooh wee, i love Panda E. Is this the sugar chicken? "
    "Morty, I think we can safely say its all Sugar Chicken".

Oh god we need to stop cross-pollinating this and the R&M thread. This shit is getting confusing.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The burgers arrived.
    btksbngtciqv.jpg
    I AM NOW THE GOD OF MEAT

CYpGAPn.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    wait what are those exactly?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Those look like the burger wafers they use at burger king.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    They are third pound burger patties from a local fast food franchise, Braum's.

My friends boss was able to get a few crates as they are discontinuing them.

It's actually pretty quality meat for being fast food, Braum's uses local farms and won't open a location that they can't deliver to within a days drive.

CYpGAPn.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    What is Hans Zimmer's favorite burger place?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Blank I'm coming over for burgers. It might be a while before I get there though.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    What is Hans Zimmer's favorite burger place?

ughhhhhh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    They are third pound burger patties from a local fast food franchise, Braum's.

My friends boss was able to get a few crates as they are discontinuing them.

It's actually pretty quality meat for being fast food, Braum's uses local farms and won't open a location that they can't deliver to within a days drive.

One of the appealing characteristics of In & Out, too. Wait for Braum's to get bigger, then you can listen to people say they don't get it while you just enjoy that hamburgeriness.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I don't think Braum's is going to get bigger. Their customer base is mostly old people, they recently changed their burgers from 1/3 lb to 1/4 lb without changing the price, and somehow fucked up their milkshake recipe New Coke style.

They do have super quality meat, though. I hope whichever family member is currently screwing the pooch retires and some young scion steps up to undo the past three years.

Unless they knock down the HiLo club for another fucking Braum's, in which case they're dead to me.

This has been Oklahoma shit nobody cares about, brought to you by Dippin' Dots.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    wait what are those exactly?

Meat Waffles.

Have you folks ever encountered the name of a foodstuff that makes you question reality. Like are we post-singularity now, and don't know it? And what the fuck does this mean?

A few months ago for me is was Mock Chicken Loaf. Now this morning it's Honey Flavoured Spread.

giphy.gif

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    "Natural flavor with other natural flavor" is always fun to read on some labels.

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Soul food buffet at the cafeteria today. Buttermilk fried chicken, collard greens and mac and cheese. Had I been raised Southern I doubt I would have lived to 40. As it is, MyFitnessPal is giving me the sideeye something fierce.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Dear bagels: I love you. Let's be best friends.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The burgers arrived.
    btksbngtciqv.jpg
    I AM NOW THE GOD OF MEAT

You cannot be the god of meat without a chest freezer, Blanka. You are maybe a Meat Count or a Meat Duke at best.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I don't think Braum's is going to get bigger. Their customer base is mostly old people, they recently changed their burgers from 1/3 lb to 1/4 lb without changing the price, and somehow fucked up their milkshake recipe New Coke style.

They do have super quality meat, though. I hope whichever family member is currently screwing the pooch retires and some young scion steps up to undo the past three years.

Unless they knock down the HiLo club for another fucking Braum's, in which case they're dead to me.

This has been Oklahoma shit nobody cares about, brought to you by Dippin' Dots.

Yeah Braums has been forever. They're probably as established as they ever will be. They're less local than regional.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The burgers arrived.
    btksbngtciqv.jpg
    I AM NOW THE GOD OF MEAT

You cannot be the god of meat without a chest freezer, Blanka. You are maybe a Meat Count or a Meat Duke at best.

Buying 1/3 of a cow or pig is worth it if you have the freezer space.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    I got a chest freezer at the Costco for $140 and it is among the smartest buys I've ever made.

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I see meat, potatoes, dessert(apple things and ice cream sandwiches), a large bottle of alcohol, and tiny bottle of sky. I like the way you plan meals. =P

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    One of these days I'm going to wise up and stop ordering milkshakes.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    But today is not that day.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I think I keep giving myself water intoxication. I'm trying to ween myself off soda and every time I do that I drink a ton of water but with soda I can't drink too much too fast because I can feel full or whatever and at least take a break.

With water I can empty my 24oz sports bottle in like 20 or 30 minutes (out of oral habit I guess) and not feel a damn thing and just refill it and do it again until I get a headache and sick stiff muscle feeling.

Blech.

Tallahasseeriel on
    You have to drink a hurculean amount of water to get H2O toxicity. Like, 4 gallons a day for a few days. It sounds more to me like you're having an electrolytic imbalance and you need more sodium and potassium in yourself.

You have to drink a hurculean amount of water to get H2O toxicity. Like, 4 gallons a day for a few days. It sounds more to me like you're having an electrolytic imbalance and you need more sodium and potassium in yourself.

Yeah. I'm conflating two severities of the same basic thing right?

How can I some potassium in a pinch I wonder, I bet it will make me feel better.

But yeah I mean. I've filled this 24oz bottles maybe 8 times today.

If'n you needs potassium you can go with bananas or potatoes as fairly inoffensive options.

edited October 2017
    If'n you needs potassium you can go with bananas or potatoes as fairly inoffensive options.

I think I've got some instant mashed taters in the pantry. I don't feel up to driving the headache is pretty bad.

I'm going to start keeping more bananas around the house for sure.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Also are you actually feeling thirsty, or is it purely habit? If the latter can you try just ... not refilling the bottle once it's empty? Note down the time if you have to. "Oh I refilled that an hour ago, I won't do it again for (x time)"

If the idea of that bothers you, then it's sounding less like a habit and more like a mild OCD thing.

tynic wrote: »
    Also are you actually feeling thirsty, or is it purely habit? If the latter can you try just ... not refilling the bottle once it's empty? Note down the time if you have to. "Oh I refilled that an hour ago, I won't do it again for (x time)"

If the idea of that bothers you, then it's sounding less like a habit and more like a mild OCD thing.

It's a little of both I think? Like it's a definite habit but I'll be convinced I'm actually thirsty too?

I dunno. Keeping track sounds like a good idea. Counting calories helped me lose all that weight last year after all. I seem to do better at things when I make an attempt to keep track of them. The idea of it is definitely uncomfortable but I do know it usually helps.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    My fiance bought me takis through amazon. They sent along some candy like a watermelon lollipop filled with chili powder, a tamarind with chili powder lollipop, and a chili covered strawberry acidulated lollipop. They also sent packets of lime salt powder and packets of salt and lemon hot powder.

God help me.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Also, Nu-Salt is table salt made with potassium salts. It's intended for people like me who have to watch their sodium, but adding it to food is also a fairly inexpensive way to get more potassium.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    Kaplar wrote: »
    My fiance bought me takis through amazon. They sent along some candy like a watermelon lollipop filled with chili powder, a tamarind with chili powder lollipop, and a chili covered strawberry acidulated lollipop. They also sent packets of lime salt powder and packets of salt and lemon hot powder.

God help me.

Mexican candy is fucking amazing. The watermelon chili lollipops are legit one of my favorite things and I constantly hound one of my coworkers to get me bags of them when she makes her monthly trips to Mexico to visit family.

I want some imported candy

This discussion has been closed.